Oh no! GGT #37's dark past has come back to haunt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hankmecrankme']I should have been the one to fill your dark wood with light, bro.[/QUOTE]

No need. It's already full :hot:

[quote name='Cheska19']But anyways, to finish off my rant, if we were ever to break up, I don't think I can see myself dating someone who isn't into gaming.[/QUOTE]

You'll then realize that dating somebody who is into gaming isn't as great as it would seem. I dunno about guys, but dating a gamer girl isn't fun. Especially when one of your most loathed genres is RPGs. "Hey have you played ____________?" No, I don't even know what the fuck that is! Oh, how about when they take control of the console when you want to play so they can grind their character up to the next level!

Your boyfriend sounds like

ronnie-jersey-shore.jpg

[quote name='seanr1221']Sure Frost. I'll probably double dip to play the co-op with some friends.[/QUOTE]

So you're not going to co-op with me, friend-o? :(

[quote name='Cheska19']HAHA. fuck that shit, I hate Jersey Shore, it brings such a bad rep to us Italians.[/QUOTE]

Cheska is now known as The Situation here in the GGT. Let it be so.

[quote name='Cheska19']HAHA. fuck that shit, I hate Jersey Shore, it brings such a bad rep to us Italians.[/QUOTE]

Glad I've never heard of it then.

[quote name='distgfx']You'll then realize that dating somebody who is into gaming isn't as great as it would seem. I dunno about guys, but dating a gamer girl isn't fun. Especially when one of your most loathed genres is RPGs. "Hey have you played ____________?" No, I don't even know what the fuck that is! Oh, how about when they take control of the console when you want to play so they can grind their character up to the next level![/QUOTE]

I don't think dating a gamer bitch would be a good idea for me. She'd be like "OMG what r u playin?" and my answer would be either "SHUT THE fuck UP, THIS IS DODONPACHI, SKANK" or "hentai."

LMAO. I think you guys are overexagerating. Would you rather have a woman nag about your videogame hobby or actually enjoy it with you?

[quote name='Cheska19']LMAO. I think you guys are overexagerating. Would you rather have a woman nag about your videogame hobby or actually enjoy it with you?[/QUOTE]

Trick question. Neither.

Yup my fiancee will sit and watch me play games sometimes but doesn't really say anything about it.

I always figured as long as they don't hate it or make me feel guilty for playing games I'm happy.

It's usually a two way street though, if your other is complaining it might be about some other problem or insecurity, not necessarily just about your hobby. Relationship problems are usually not so superficial as that.

Finished Just Cause 2. trying to decide if I should trade in MW2.. but i dunno. The multiplayer is good to play every once in a while, but I don't think I'll miss it. Then again when i got on multiplayer this weekend while listening to the joystiq podcast some guy was just yelling "SUCK MY DICK SUCK MY DICK SUCK MY DICK..." into the mic so i should probably get rid of it.

Brink looks really good, from videos. It looks like it might be multiplayer only but I'm not sure. Haven't read much on it yet.

[quote name='Chacrana']Trick question. Neither.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, most of my friends who aren't into videogames almost ALWAYS nag at their boyfriends/husbands about gaming. So the chances of finding a girl who wont bitch about you staying up playing Tekken all night are pretty rare :(

[quote name='Cheska19']From my experience, most of my friends who aren't into videogames almost ALWAYS nag at their boyfriends/husbands about gaming. So the chances of finding a girl who wont bitch about you staying up playing Tekken all night are pretty rare :([/QUOTE]

au contraire. The thing is, I don't play Tekken all night every night. Everything in moderation, as parental figures would say. If you balance your obligations well, you can still spend a lot of time doing what you like to do without annoying your nuisance of a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Well those friends are probably experiencing one of two things

1.Not being given enough attention by their boyfriends
2.Overeager for attention at the expense of their boyfriends' happiness.

Probably number 2 if they nag at them about other things they like doing as well. No offense to your friends, but if it's the second one tell those boyfriends to run, and run fast until those girls grow up a little.

I think this goes for both sexes, btw. Men are just as likely to be attention whore-like as women, they just don't complain about it to their bros.

[quote name='jer7583']Well those friends are probably experiencing one of two things

1.Not being given enough attention by their boyfriends
2.Overeager for attention at the expense of their boyfriends' happiness.

Probably number 2 if they nag at them about other things they like doing as well. No offense to your friends, but if it's the second one tell those boyfriends to run, and run fast until those girls grow up a little.

I think this goes for both sexes, btw. Men are just as likely to be attention whore-like as women, they just don't complain about it to their bros.[/QUOTE]

Actually you have a really good point, I kind of just shrug at those problems because I don't nag at my boyfriend for these kinds of things. It's the other way around >.> Regardless, my point is that it'll be hard to find the best of both worlds.

[quote name='Cheska19']From my experience, most of my friends who aren't into videogames almost ALWAYS nag at their boyfriends/husbands about gaming. So the chances of finding a girl who wont bitch about you staying up playing Tekken all night are pretty rare :([/QUOTE]My girlfriend will go home if I play a single player game. Guess it's boring to her, but if we're playing multiplayer or something, she's all about it. She spends a good 4-5 hours a day playing SSF4 nowadays, so that doesn't really happen too often.

My ex was into video games. I even got her into the Phoenix Wright series when she saw me playing it one day, mistaking it for Pokemon.

[quote name='tiredfornow']My girlfriend will go home if I play a single player game. Guess it's boring to her, but if we're playing multiplayer or something, she's all about it. She spends a good 4-5 hours a day playing SSF4 nowadays, so that doesn't really happen too often.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I had an ex that enjoyed watching me play SP games, mainly the horror genre. When I'd ask if she wants to play, she wasn't too interested and would rather shriek, LOL!

I decided to beat Super Metroid again. It wasn't a good run, although it was under 135 minutes with 56% of items collected. I haven't played it in about a year, so I guess I'm a little rusty. I'm pretty disappointed in it. It's still very satisfying to beat that game, though.

So uh... I just got an invite to the Dead Nation closed beta. I don't recall signing up for it, but I'm a PSN+ member. Anybody else get one?

[quote name='distgfx']Funny, I had an ex that enjoyed watching me play SP games, mainly the horror genre. When I'd ask if she wants to play, she wasn't too interested and would rather shriek, LOL![/QUOTE]Mine did the same with Alan Wake, though she played a bit of each chapter and just watched me play the rest.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not unless they've added it in the past week, dallow.
[/QUOTE]

Weren't you the one who posted the news of a seperate co-op career?

[quote name='distgfx']So uh... I just got an invite to the Dead Nation closed beta. I don't recall signing up for it, but I'm a PSN+ member. Anybody else get one?[/QUOTE]

what the hell is dead nation?

[quote name='Chacrana']Trick question. Neither.[/QUOTE]
Amen. My current fiancee tends to get bored of listening to me/watching me play games and nags me about playing online with friends all the time and it is as annoying as fuck. She doesn't like most games that aren't on the Wii, either. I would much rather her be in the middle of the equation and just not cause me any problems.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Every time I play crackdown 2 all I can think of is. "i should replay infamous"[/QUOTE]
Everytime I play Crackdown 2 I think, "When the fuck will keys to the city come out?"

Can't wait for the DLC.

I also like joining low level games and just ripping things up with power weapons.

All I have to do is max out my driving. What's the easiest way?

I get left alone when I play games. She'll maybe watch a bit, mention that my game is gross (god of war) or that I'm a pedo (deathsmiles) and then go to her room.

[quote name='seanr1221']Can't wait for the DLC.

I also like joining low level games and just ripping things up with power weapons.

All I have to do is max out my driving. What's the easiest way?[/QUOTE]
Just hop into the agency Supercar and drive to a heavily Freak populated area and drive through them as fast as you can. It took my about two hours to go from level 2 to max.

Halo05 check your inbox for the Ms Pac Man code.

I put your names in order of your posts 1-14 and the random number generator gave me 1, so that's it.

Does anybody actually want the code for NG2 mission mode? haha

maybe I'll put it up on the free stuff page if not.

I really need to clean out my garage today, but I'm feeling lazy. . .I'd rather just play games all day. . .

Oh yeah, Imma apply at Gamestop this weekend. FML :cry:

"Bro, you know if you don't preorder Calladuty Black Ops, you'll be cryin' on release day when you can't get a copy!! Gotta get dat RC car, bro!!"

[quote name='jer7583']Halo05 check your inbox for the Ms Pac Man code.

I put your names in order of your posts 1-14 and the random number generator gave me 1, so that's it.

Does anybody actually want the code for NG2 mission mode? haha

maybe I'll put it up on the free stuff page if not.[/QUOTE]
I do! I put the Ninja Gayden thing in my post a couple of pages ago.

Played more ACII. I think what drags the game out for me is that I keep jumping off ledges, buildings, and other high places unintentionally. Then I have to heal myself, repair, then go climb back up where ever it was I fell.

[quote name='gunm']Played more ACII. I think what drags the game out for me is that I keep jumping off ledges, buildings, and other high places unintentionally. Then I have to heal myself, repair, then go climb back up where ever it was I fell.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in my opinion that was one of the major problems with the game. It wasn't always easy to make yourself jump where you wanted to jump. The Saboteur actually did it much better because the ledge that your character was about to jump to would light up a little bit as an indicator.

Agreed. That was pretty much my only gripe with AC2 was the jumping mechanic. Would have much preferred just having a jump button.

That and it would have been nice to have more checkpoints on longer missions--frustrating to have to kill 5 guards and get detected on the last one and have to do it all over.

Played more Halo: ODST last night. Still showing a beacon in Tayari Plaza--despite that being the first one and me having the Tayari Plaza Achievement. Just doing all the other ones and hoping that straightens out--or maybe there is a 2nd beacon there?

I never had any problems climbing/jumping in AC2. That was one of the most fun parts for me. The scenery in that game is amazing.

Next week is Valkyria Chronicles! Not sure how much I'm going to like that split-map thing, though. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I never had any problems climbing/jumping in AC2. That was one of the most fun parts for me. The scenery in that game is amazing.
[/QUOTE]

Oh I still loved that part of the game. But I still had times where I'd jump of a ledge when I didn't want to, or jump to the wrong ledge etc. So I'd have preferred having a jump button. But that's just a minor nit pick in a great game.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Oh I still loved that part of the game. But I still had times where I'd jump of a ledge when I didn't want to, or jump to the wrong ledge etc. So I'd have preferred having a jump button. But that's just a minor nit pick in a great game.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back