Oh no! GGT #37's dark past has come back to haunt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Twitter is retarded, at least Facebook has a purpose for keeping up with your friends and shit. Twitter is self-important shit.[/QUOTE]

Twitter can be great when you are only following people that are interesting or funny. If you use it to follow everyone you know in real life it could get boring.

[quote name='ihadFG']Twitter can be great when you are only following people that are interesting or funny. If you use it to follow everyone you know in real life it could get boring.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Btw ihadFG, is your avatar the character from Arc Rise Fantasia?

[quote name='Cheska19']Exactly! Btw ihadFG, is your avatar the character from Arc Rise Fantasia?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my avatar is Cecille from Arc Rise Fantasia.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, my avatar is Cecille from Arc Rise Fantasia.[/QUOTE]

Have you played the game? I know the VA's are supposed to be bad, but I'm wondering if the whole game is a pile of dog poo or if it's actually decent.

[quote name='Cheska19']Have you played the game? I know the VA's are supposed to be bad, but I'm wondering if the whole game is a pile of dog poo or if it's actually decent.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I actually beat the game last week and loved it. The voice acting is really the only really bad part and the painful parts only lasts for the first few hours, because it gets better as the game progresses and more characters with better voice actors are introduced. I think anyone who likes the "Tales of" games or JRPGs like that would like Arc Rise Fantasia. At the very least it has some interesting characters (such as Cecille, who is a 12 year old girl obsessed with being a legendary hero...and she's actually the strongest person in the game. It's hilarious.), a good story (once you get to a certain point and the real plot begins), and one of the best turn-based battle systems I've ever played.

[quote name='dallow']I think I'm confused then. How does the plan you have work Sean?[/QUOTE]

Jimbo and I have the same plan. It's completely in store. So I got madden today, but I can go back right now and get something else.

[quote name='ihadFG']Twitter can be great when you are only following people that are interesting or funny. If you use it to follow everyone you know in real life it could get boring.[/QUOTE]
Which is why Facebook is boring as fuck.

Can't wait for the new DeathSpank follow-up, which I wasn't expecting to come so soon. It seems like they've learned from what they did with the Penny Arcade Adventures games and probably what Telltale has been doing for the past five years or so.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just Cause 2 is the best sandbox game I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

see that's what you think for the first 10 hours or so.

Then the game stops adding anything new and you do the same thing blowing up red objects to unlock new missions for 20 hours. I'm getting a little sick of it myself. Can't unlock the last agency mission at all..

[quote name='jer7583']see that's what you think for the first 10 hours or so.

Then the game stops adding anything new and you do the same thing blowing up red objects to unlock new missions for 20 hours. I'm getting a little sick of it myself. Can't unlock the last agency mission at all..[/QUOTE]
I'm 30 hours in and I've barely put a dent into the game. There's so much shit to do that I'll probably never get close to 100% since the exploration/sandbox elements are so well done. The best part is that it rewards you for doing missions or just messing around and blowing things up and causing chaos.

It takes what was cool about the first Crackdown and just does a lot more with that idea in a new place that is so dense and interesting to explore.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah I actually beat the game last week and loved it. The voice acting is really the only really bad part and the painful parts only lasts for the first few hours, because it gets better as the game progresses and more characters with better voice actors are introduced. I think anyone who likes the "Tales of" games or JRPGs like that would like Arc Rise Fantasia. At the very least it has some interesting characters (such as Cecille, who is a 12 year old girl obsessed with being a legendary hero...and she's actually the strongest person in the game. It's hilarious.), a good story (once you get to a certain point and the real plot begins), and one of the best turn-based battle systems I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

I actually went on Amazon to check out their price and I was pleasantly surprised by the high reviews on there as well. I think I'm just going to pick this up at Gamestop since I have some credit there. It's definitely nice to see that the only bad thing this game has to offer is the voice acting, and I guess there's an option to turn it off? Time for a new game, woohoo! :D

[quote name='Cheska19']I do, but I'm never on it. I think facebook is overrated, which is why I prefer twitter. It doesn't deal with the same nonsense. It's status updates, and that's it. No stupid games, no need for hella pictures, etc.[/QUOTE]

I think the opposite. twitter tends to be a lot of white noise garbage. I gave up on it pretty quickly as it's impossible to keep up with and I'm not quite full of ego that I think the world wants to hear every inane thought that pops into my head. >_<
Except in the GGT of course! lol :p

I can filter out the games or whatever I don't want to see on FB, and I like seeing other folks' photos as well as sharing my own.

That said, I'd never "Like" a thread on a game board, as much as I am fond of you guys. (well, as "fond" as I can be of a bunch of strangers on an Internet message board about cheap gaming anyway).

[quote name='Cheska19']I actually went on Amazon to check out their price and I was pleasantly surprised by the high reviews on there as well. I think I'm just going to pick this up at Gamestop since I have some credit there. It's definitely nice to see that the only bad thing this game has to offer is the voice acting, and I guess there's an option to turn it off? Time for a new game, woohoo! :D[/QUOTE]

Just as a warning: I wouldn't turn off the voice acting because when you are in battle, when a boss is about to use a particularly strong attack, your characters will say something to point that out. And like I said before, the voice acting gets better as the game goes on (and so does everything else), so just try to stick with it and get through the first few hours or so. You'll know when the game is about to pick up once the first major story twist happens. I feel like a lot of "professional" reviewers never got far in the game because it does indeed have a slow start.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,,_ . . . . . . . . ,-'`-,
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,, '``-.__.,.,./ .,., .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|,.-;`;` . . ,.,., .,.,.,`-, . . . . . . . . . . .
..,,,.,.,._ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . / :eek:;. . .;o; .['. . . . `'-.,. . . . . . . .
['. . . . . . '`'`'`'`'*-----,.,.,.,._\ . . . -;- . . . . '`-,._ . . . `'-., . . . . .
'``'*----,,,,,.,.,.,.,_. . . . . . . ..\,, . ,-,-,. . . . . ,.,. `'-, . . . .\,. . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ``'`'*----.,., .`'`-----'`'`'`` . . . . .`-. . . . \` . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`'-. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,| . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |;. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,|. . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |;. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,|. . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |;. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,|. . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |;. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,|. . .

Today I'm going to gorge on some Subway and murder people in Ass's Creed 2.

BTW, Subway flatbreads are the shit, yo. Get those suckas toasted.

Ha, I broke the fucking chain.

Yeah, they are good. I was surprised, tried it on a whim.

They have a deal right now, at least at the Subways here. Any 3 footlongs for $12 after 4 PM. I usually just split it with a friend, get a foot and a half of fatty sammich goodness for $6.

The flatbreads are good. They are also only 6". Not so good if you're really hungry. :p

I will probably murder people in ACII tonight as well.

I think you're thinking of the wraps. Either that, or they don't have footlong flatbreads there.

They definitely have footlong flatbreads here. ^_^

footlong%20flatbread.JPG

Haven't noticed ads for flatbreads at subway here either. Haven't been to one in ages, partial to Quizno's myself as far as the chain sandwich places go. Eat at local places more often.

They don't have them in my area--only 6".

Subway must think we're fatasses or something, nevermind that we have tons of slim asian people (like me tee hee) over here.

At least this lack of new games is allowing me to work on my backlog a bit. I think I'm close to finishing the story of ACII, but I still have quite a ways to go before I finish all the collection stuff.

I finally did a Tri-Attack in Resonance of Fate! :whee:

I should do FFXIII too. Gah I need more hours in the day.

uh uh uh uh uh

I just want to finish JC2 now. I will never get around to finding all the tedious shit they put in this game.

I really liked it but it has overstayed its welcome. Maybe I played too much at once. The shooting is kinda bad too.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Pretty sure the 5.00 a month plan is only for previous customers. $9 a month is the cheapest (1 out / unlimited). I am not sure if I will keep it (probably not) but a 4 week free trial can be had with this promo code.
4weekfreetrial2010

Rolento, they do have games just not brand new ones. This it takes about 2 months for it to show up online.[/QUOTE]

awesome... problem is I like gamefly alot more then since I use it to play mostly new releases and games I want to play but never pay full for... plus it has PSP, which I spend most of my time gaming on since I'm all over the place.

[quote name='jer7583']uh uh uh uh uh

I just want to finish JC2 now. I will never get around to finding all the tedious shit they put in this game.

I really liked it but it has overstayed its welcome. Maybe I played too much at once. The shooting is kinda bad too.[/QUOTE]
Were you just playing the missions and nothing else? I could see it getting tedious if you limit yourself to that small part of the game, but I've set out to explore, complete villages, and take an occasional mission and it hasn't gotten tedious yet. I mostly do Stronghold missions to get new spawn points for when I'd die.

I didn't care for the gunplay until I started upgrading weapons and using the lock-on with the grappling hook for fall, hang, and juggle deaths that made it a lot more interesting whenever I do get into combat.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Dark Sector is frustrating at points but honestly I'm still having more fun with it than I did with Gears 1.[/QUOTE]

Are you playing it on the Box or the Triple? I played Dark Sector on the PS3 and it was really frustrating on the parts where you have to use the sixaxis motion control bullshit to control the glaive.

Other than that, I thought Dark Sector was a solid game for the most part. Especially since I only paid 10 bucks for it new. Worth it, IMHO.

I just bought Dragon Quest IX this weekend and gonna give it a spin now.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Dark Sector is frustrating at points but honestly I'm still having more fun with it than I did with Gears 1.[/QUOTE]

Are you gunning for Jer's 'sh*ttiest opinions' crown?

I got DS for $5, and thought I overpayed.

I also ended up buying Castlevania SOTN for the 3rd or 4th time thanks to the TRU Reach stacking.

[quote name='Krymner']Are you playing it on the Box or the Triple? I played Dark Sector on the PS3 and it was really frustrating on the parts where you have to use the sixaxis motion control bullshit to control the glaive.

Other than that, I thought Dark Sector was a solid game for the most part. Especially since I only paid 10 bucks for it new. Worth it, IMHO.

I just bought Dragon Quest IX this weekend and gonna give it a spin now.[/QUOTE]

360, so no waggle-fuck. I got it for less than that when Movie Gallery was closing.

It's not frustrating in a control sense, just in that it has a lot of "What do I even do" moments. Like before I made that post, I was fighting a Jackal. No rockets, so okay, I catch my glaive on fire. Do I hit it with the fire? No, I use the fire to burn away a cloth so I get electricity. So I hit it with electricity, and part of it turns red. So I start shooting that part. It doesn't do anything.

The solution was to run behind it and press B to do a finisher on the red part, and it's like, how the eff should I know that?

And I'm not adding any of you queeros on facebook

- Bought it a few weeks after PSX release for $30

- Got it on :psp: Dracula X for $10

- I *think* I got it with my :ps3: gameshare group for $2(?) there, but with no Trey I can't verify that

- Just got the :360: Konami Classics disc with SOTN for $2

I beat the PS1 version over a half dozen times, with the most recent happening about 4 years ago on my :ps2:

I love Symphony of the Night. Finished it like 10 times or so on PS1, 3 times on Saturn, even finished that bitch with Richter and Maria.

Haven't bothered with the XBL version, since the sound is compressed and the 360 dpad is tuuuuuuurible.

Paid $45 for the PS1 version at release, $40 for the Saturn import at Babbages.

No response back from MS about changing my GamerTag. guess I should just bite the bullet and change it. But to what..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back