Oh no! GGT #37's dark past has come back to haunt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']I agree with both JSP and Frosty, I hate Alyx.

----------
Just beat Episode 5 of Alan Wake. fucking great story still.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty done with the story by the time they ended up at the old Viking Rocker farm.

I'm guessing the reason why people really like Alyx is because she's an AI partner who doesn't die. While that's a step up over some games (Gears of War) there are a lot better AI partners out there.

[quote name='dallow']Reach leaked already. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

MS' fault for putting it up on their servers. Dumbasses should have known better than to put it up on XBL and let somebody find a way in to get it.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm guessing the reason why people really like Alyx is because she's an AI partner who doesn't die. While that's a step up over some games (Gears of War) there are a lot better AI partners out there.[/QUOTE]

My Gears partners do their job, so I don't complain.

[quote name='distgfx']MS' fault for putting it up on their servers. Dumbasses should have known better than to put it up on XBL and let somebody find a way in to get it.[/QUOTE]

Wait... What? :whistle2:s

[quote name='distgfx']They put it up on XBL so journalists or whoever could get a key to redeem and download it to review it. They did it with Crackdown 2 too I believe.[/QUOTE]

Interesting -- if that's the case, then yeah, it is their fault.
If it's a ... *cough* scene *cough* release, then MS may or may not be at fault.

However, it's about 360 banning time, so...

---

FF13 players -- Since I only have the mission left which will replace toise/tortoises with long gui, should I wait to do that mission until I have treasure hunter? Or are long gui not too difficult of a step up from toise and worth the higher drop rates for quicker equipment upgrades -- I only need 2 more traps to create the final 2 tier 3 weapons, but need a shit ton more cash to buy the 200k+ weapons for everybody that are in gilgamesh.

---

Bayonetta people, where's the best place to grind rings -- I forgot how balls this game can be before you have equipment/accessories/techniques and the health upgrades.

I have another XBL code to give away!

This time it's the Mission Mode expansion for NG2. I got the platinum hits version at TRU and don't need the code as I already bought it as a deal of the week or something.

This one will have two requirements.

Post with the words ninja gayden in your post, whatever else you post is fine.

Also you need to show via gamertag or gamercard Ninja Gaiden 2 in your recently played. To make sure people still own the game that enter. I'll give out the mission mode expansion tuesday evening.

Just to make sure the people entering still own the game. :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Interesting -- if that's the case, then yeah, it is their fault.
If it's a ... *cough* scene *cough* release, then MS may or may not be at fault.

However, it's about 360 banning time, so...[/QUOTE]

Only JTAG users can play it right now, so it doesn't matter to them, lol. Check out my edit, I even linked you to where they ripped it from apparently.

[quote name='Cheska19']How did you do that?[/QUOTE]Basically, TRU gave out a collectible Halo card last week that had a $10 off any 360 game barcode on it.
Worked on under $10 games, so many people got a ton of free games with it until it was fixed the next day.

Then, a few days later another promotion was 30% off clearance games for 360/PS3, that combined with the coupon made many games cost anywhere from 50 cents to 3 dollars and change.

[quote name='jer7583']Dallow what good flips did you find in those TRU deals?

I was trying to find some but the best I could see were $4-5 profit at most. Unless you got in on the Free shit, I missed out, some employee at mine bought all the free games.

Even then though GS is not running any good promos right now..[/QUOTE]
Hey jer, sorry to miss your post, but the coupon was no good anymore anyway.

Half of it was the free game flips, and the other half were very cheap games flipped to Amazon. I don't flip to GS anymore, even if it's a little less.
Some of the best flips were like the Williams Pinball collection games, 50 cents into $7. Ghostbusters as well.
Some flipped for $1.89 into $5-6. So not a whole lot, but it was cheap, and added up.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Interesting -- if that's the case, then yeah, it is their fault.

However, it's about 360 banning time, so...

---

FF13 players -- Since I only have the mission left which will replace toise/tortoises with long gui, should I wait to do that mission until I have treasure hunter? Or are long gui not too difficult of a step up from toise and worth the higher drop rates for quicker equipment upgrades -- I only need 2 more traps to create the final 2 tier 3 weapons, but need a shit ton more cash to buy the 200k+ weapons for everybody that are in gilgamesh.

---

Bayonetta people, where's the best place to grind rings -- I forgot how balls this game can be before you have equipment/accessories/techniques and the health upgrades.[/QUOTE]

Once you finish the last mission in that ring of 7 on Gran Pulse, that's when the switch happens.

nice work dallow. I'll have to make sure to check amazon next time.

Yup, it's going to pay off my new monitor purchase.

What's your guys' opinion?

Asus 23", 2ms response time, the type used by EVO or something
http://www.amazon.com/ML238H-23-Inc...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282537569&sr=8-1

Viewsonic 23", IPS panel so really good color and viewing angle, and can pivot 90 degrees for shmups, but 14ms response time
http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VP2...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1282537697&sr=1-1

I'd jump on the Viewsonic but the 14ms response scares me away, however, I'm a pretty casual gamer, so I don't know that it'd really affect me much.

[quote name='dallow']Yup, it's going to pay off my new monitor purchase.

What's your guys' opinion?

Asus 23", 2ms response time, the type used by EVO or something
http://www.amazon.com/ML238H-23-Inc...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282537569&sr=8-1

Viewsonic 23", IPS panel so really good color and viewing angle, and can pivot 90 degrees for shmups, but 14ms response time
http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VP2...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1282537697&sr=1-1

I'd jump on the Viewsonic but the 14ms response scares me away, however, I'm a pretty casual gamer, so I don't know that it'd really affect me much.[/QUOTE]

response time != latency

Just had to get that out of the way, and the ASUS EVO monitor is the VH236H. If you're concerned about input latency, you're going to have to do a lot of research. What you described (response time) will, at worst, give you ghosting at 14ms. I suggest checking here for a monitor: http://shoryuken.com/f177/new-definitive-hdtv-lag-faq-174085/

EDIT: Or ask Chac for a link to a similar topic at one of the shmup forums he vists. Either way, these guys are picky about their input latency and want tests, no "I don't feel any..." crap. So you'll get what you want.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I was pretty done with the story by the time they ended up at the old Viking Rocker farm.[/QUOTE]
Really? I thought that was the best part and the last two chapters drug on a tad, but overall, I loved the story except for the shitty ass ending.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']So which of you dorks is the person that "likes" this thread on Facebook?[/QUOTE]
Me.

Ninja Gayden!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='distgfx']response time != latency

Just had to get that out of the way, and the ASUS EVO monitor is the VH236H. If you're concerned about input latency, you're going to have to do a lot of research. What you described (response time) will, at worst, give you ghosting at 14ms. I suggest checking here for a monitor: http://shoryuken.com/f177/new-definitive-hdtv-lag-faq-174085/

EDIT: Or ask Chac for a link to a similar topic at one of the shmup forums he vists. Either way, these guys are picky about their input latency and want tests, no "I don't feel any..." crap. So you'll get what you want.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was just set straight about that over on gaf. Good to know.

I think I'm too casual a player to have it matter for me. So the much superior color reproduction of an IPS panel I think seals it for me over the TN panels. Distorted colors and bad viewing angles bother me to no end with LCDs, so I think it's best for me.
Thanks a lot for your input.

Where do you guys see the facebook thing?
I do see that new Tweet thing on the side....

Maybe my adblocker is hiding it. (thankfully)

[quote name='dallow']Where do you guys see the facebook thing?
I do see that new Tweet thing on the side....

Maybe my adblocker is hiding it. (thankfully)[/QUOTE]
That's a good question. I know there's a thing to disable the digg option, but I can't find a thing for the Facebook thing.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']So which of you dorks is the person that "likes" this thread on Facebook?[/QUOTE]

And I bet you all thought that was me.

Dang, 9 pages into the next GGT already?

I played the Lara Croft GoL demo last night. It's great. I will wait for PSN, though, since Amazon no longer sells XBLA game codes. :(

Off to play a bit more ACII. I'll finish it some day.

9 pages? I'm on 4. Hurray for increasing the number of posts per page!

I knocked out Metroid Zero Mission in 1:57 with a 57% item collection. That's an okay run since I haven't played it in a while.

[quote name='KingBroly']Once you finish the last mission in that ring of 7 on Gran Pulse, that's when the switch happens.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have mission 62 remaining -- it's my last mission to do/5*.
I know they'll switch when it completes -- I'm just trying to figure out if farming toises is better to do because they're not as brutal as long gui -- or if long gui isn't that much of a step up, so it's moot because of the increased drop rate...

Played some Halo ODST last night, first gaming I've done in a month or so.

Really hate the city/map part of the game. Especially when there are apparently glitches with beacons staying on after you've completed the mission.

Does blockbuster online have games? if not then don't care... plus netflix instant I think has $5 without the DVDs... worth it.

Man... going to be a busy week. iphone shit + videos for a night club (really random) + help friend with ebay stuff + program a game for toronto hotel ... >_<

at least Mafia II is coming in this week. I had it for PS3 originally but switched it to 360 due to the randomness.

Pretty sure the 5.00 a month plan is only for previous customers. $9 a month is the cheapest (1 out / unlimited). I am not sure if I will keep it (probably not) but a 4 week free trial can be had with this promo code.
4weekfreetrial2010

Rolento, they do have games just not brand new ones. This it takes about 2 months for it to show up online.

Some mediocre to negative Mafia 2 reviews are showing up.. of course, the usual glowing "pre-order now" review from game informer.

Seems as though it's rather cutscene heavy, gameplay light. Hmm. will have to see a few more opinions.

Can anyone give me an idea on how Blockbuster's online service is? Very interested in the games section, especially if I can get 2 out for almost $10 cheaper than Gamefly, and probably faster shipping too (it currently takes Gamefly 3 days to get a game to me after shipping it out. They shipped Mafia II out to me today, I probably won't get it until Thursday or Friday)

Decided to just do blockbusters in store plan. It's 4 minutes down the street and the guy said new releases are usually around for a couple days (So gives me hope for mafia tomorrow). I'll give it a try for month.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I didn't even know you had a facebook account, Cheska.[/QUOTE]

I do, but I'm never on it. I think facebook is overrated, which is why I prefer twitter. It doesn't deal with the same nonsense. It's status updates, and that's it. No stupid games, no need for hella pictures, etc.

[quote name='dallow']You know that the 5 free in-store exchanges are only movies right.[/QUOTE]

No, I did the 22.00/month, one game, blu or DVD at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back