Oh no! GGT #37's dark past has come back to haunt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Cheska19']I dont like games where you cant aim properly. So no aiming + FPS= headache for Francesca.[/QUOTE]

Plug a mouse and keyboard into your PS3, I'm sure that'll fix the problem.

[quote name='Cheska19']Ouch. Was that necessary?[/QUOTE]

It's Chac.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='distgfx']A headache? How so?[/QUOTE]That's the main reason I don't play UT3 myself. Some FPS like that give me a headache.

I remember Perfect Dark Zero, although a bit different, would give me a massive headache every time I played (I had to rest in bed and can only drink certain liquids).

I played Star Ocean: The Last Hope International this morning beating the boss
Kokabiel, the 2nd time towards the end of the game.
I'm probably going to skip a bunch of sidequest and go towards the end. Most characters are in the 50's level wise.

I would have to agree with you guys on Dragon Age, it was not as fun as I thought it would be. Cool blood effects does not equal awesome fun.

I really need to expand my PS3 collection, I'm thinking of buying Trinity Cross. Anyone have any opinions on that?

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I would have to agree with you guys on Dragon Age, it was not as fun as I thought it would be. Cool blood effects does not equal awesome fun.

I really need to expand my PS3 collection, I'm thinking of buying Trinity Cross. Anyone have any opinions on that?[/QUOTE]Do you mean Cross X Edge or Trinity Universe. I didn't like Cross X Edge (I got rid of it fast and don't want to see it again), but I'm liking Trinity Universe so far (my only complaint is the battles can be a bit tedious with all the button pressing). Story is actually kind of funny and definitely one of the best cross over RPGs.

Trinity Universe* whoops, lol. Button pressing? I'll have to take a look at some of the gameplay to see what that's like. I like the art style as well, it looks colorful and bright. I might just hold off until I see a deal for it, do not know if it would be worth it at full price.

I've been playing Starcraft 2 as well, but only custom games... Right now I'm folding@home on my PS3, but after that's done I'm going to go and play either Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 or God of War Collection and play some God of War 1.

Today, I think I'll murder some more dudes in Ass's Creed 2. It's going to take me a while to finish it, since I cannot walk past a group of guards without slaughtering every single one of them.

Then after that, back to Mass Effect 2 probably.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Alan Wake, Jimbo :D

I just finished Second Episode of it. Such a freaking awesome story.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's still good then -- but wait until you finish it to see what you really think.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Today, I think I'll murder some more dudes in Ass's Creed 2. It's going to take me a while to finish it, since I cannot walk past a group of guards without slaughtering every single one of them.

Then after that, back to Mass Effect 2 probably.[/QUOTE]

Walk up behind two guys and BAM, nail both of them at once.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Everything about Dragon Age just yells BORING at me.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing until I played it. Ended up being my GOTY last year. Takes a little while before it starts getting good though (probably 5 or so hours).

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Something like that, I guess. :D[/QUOTE]

Just wait until the next sequel -- the groin blade will be fantastic.

Guy on the left. Check.
Guy on the right. Check.
Guy in the middle? THRUST-THRUST-THRUST Check.

--

DA does pick up after you get a bigger part and you're moving along, but it never gets past "good" in any particular section or category... and even then, problems come back to plague it, like the whole Dwarven politics stuff... I wanted to blow my brains out. :(

Jumped on the Dell deal for Alan Wake for $25. Need to get back to Halo: ODST. Started it up a month or so ago, but haven't done any gaming since with traveling, being swamped at work etc.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

DA does pick up after you get a bigger part and you're moving along, but it never gets past "good" in any particular section or category... and even then, problems come back to plague it, like the whole Dwarven politics stuff... I wanted to blow my brains out. :([/QUOTE]

I'd say that there are several ways in which the game is more than just "good". For one, the dialogue choices/morality system was one of the best I've seen in a game. Unlike Mass Effect, Dragon Age has plenty of dialogue choices that fall into more than just black and white. And there is no Paragon/Renegade meter, which means you actually have to think about whether your choices were the right thing to do or not. Plus the whole ending choice was actually really interesting. And a lot of the characters had interesting personalities (especially Morrigan) that are more complex than tough guy or bad girl or whatever else most video games tend to have. Overall, I loved the game for its writing and it's other non-gameplay stuff, but I can see how the gameplay itself could use a little work (although I still enjoyed what was there). It's definitely not a game for anyone looking for a fast-paced "fun" game like ME2 though.

I actually personally loved DA. I was pretty addicted to it while playing through it. Never got around to playing Awakening though. Not sure why.

That's fair enough. I love swords and sorcery stuff, so it's right up my alley. Just haven't had time to play it with other RPGs like Fallout 3 and ME2 eating up my time when it came out. Now I figure it's better to wait for the rumored GOTY edition rather than having to get all the DLC piece by piece.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Honestly the whole setting just tells me not to buy the game. No interest in that "swords and sorcery" type stuff.[/QUOTE]

Well then you probably won't like the game. It is essentially like Lord of the Rings in game form.

[quote name='dmaul1114']that's fair enough. I love swords and sorcery stuff, so it's right up my alley. Just haven't had time to play it with other rpgs like fallout 3 and me2 eating up my time when it came out. Now i figure it's better to wait for the rumored goty edition rather than having to get all the dlc piece by piece.[/quote]

nerd

[quote name='ihadFG']Well then you probably won't like the game. It is essentially like Lord of the Rings in game form.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except LotR > DA. :p

Man, that whole section where you're stuck in the fade for awhile? Another shotgun blast to my face, please. I thought about a second playthrough to take the opposite choices, however, sections like the dwarven quests and the fade have made it very unlikely I'll bother.

Ok, thinking about it, there is one GREAT thing about DA -- your choices actually do matter. Unlike Mass Effect series, where the choices are mostly cosmetic, the choices you make in DA have an effect on the end game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, except LotR > DA. :p[/QUOTE]

Well that's pretty much a given for any game like this. ;)

I think I've already spoken about my hatred for DA before so I wont go into detail about that.

Has anyone here played all of the Phoenix Wright games?

I played the first PW game. I liked it ok, but not well enough to want to play any sequels/spin offs. The writing was good, but the gameplay in text adventure games isn't really my cup of tea.

Does the order in which they were released go like this: PW>JFA>T&T>AJ>ME.

I have all of them, but I've only played through the first installment and I am now going through JFA but I'm not really like it as much. But I hate playing games out of order so if JFA is indeed the second installment then Im just going to get through it ASAP so I can move on.

Yeah, that's the right order. And stick with JFA. It starts out slow, but it gets much better. And then, T&T is just fucking awesome.

Does anyone follow any builds for SC2? I'm trying to get good with Zerg, but I think the playstyle is odd, you basically need to keep pummeling the enemy to defeat them, because of the weakness of the units, but they can amass fast I guess. I have trouble knowing when to get my 2nd hatchery down and basically when I should start attacking... Guess I need to play against the AI some more.

Anyone got any build orders for Zerg? Is basically what I'm asking.

I've played all the PW games except for T&T and the Miles Edgeworth game. I've liked all the ones I've played, and wish they'd release more.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, that's the right order. And stick with JFA. It starts out slow, but it gets much better. And then, T&T is just fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I've been watching The Boondocks, so I'll just play through JFA while I watch that.

[quote name='Cheska19']Does the order in which they were released go like this: PW>JFA>T&T>AJ>ME.

I have all of them, but I've only played through the first installment and I am now going through JFA but I'm not really like it as much. But I hate playing games out of order so if JFA is indeed the second installment then Im just going to get through it ASAP so I can move on.[/QUOTE]

The final case in JFA is really good. The others, not so much. T&T is the best in the series though IMO, so have fun with that one.

I played throught the first PW shortly after I got a DS, because it had insane hype/following. I finished the game, but it definitely wasn't for me... never bothered with the follow ups because of it.

Speaking of DS games I started but never finished, I should probably look up what had me stuck in TLoZ:pH and go back and finish it sometime.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Phoenix Wright is the game the internet steered me wrong on. Boring as fuck.[/QUOTE]

I really liked the first PW game, but I can see how if you don't choose the correct items to present, and dont correctly utilize the cross-examine tools how you would think it's boring.

I played Trials and Tribulations, it's so fucking boring. Just "cutscene" after "custscene" of this:

Character: Hi Phoenix

SCREEN FLASHES WHITE AND PHOENIX MAKES A WHAAAAAAAT FACE

Phoenix: WHAAAAAAT???!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

SCREEEN FLASHES WHITE AND CHARACTER MAKES A WHAAAAAT FACE

Character: WHAAAAAT??!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Repeat over and over again with about two different expressions for each character.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Because I found it cheap. I never even got to the second court case anyway.[/QUOTE]

Come on, the first case is easier than dropping out of college.

I did the tutorial and then started the 55 hours of cutscenes about a stupid museum and every time I try to play I get so fucking bored.

[quote name='Cheska19']I really liked the first PW game, but I can see how if you don't choose the correct items to present, and dont correctly utilize the cross-examine tools how you would think it's boring.[/QUOTE]

I don't like games like this because they require you to think like the *developer* did... and if you don't follow the same thought process, it gets frustrating. Don't ask the questions in the right order? Wrong. And God forbid there's another possible solution... :roll:

Great concept, but I find the execution lacking.

Like the NES games Shadowgate/Deja Vu.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't like games like this because they require you to think like the *developer* did... and if you don't follow the same thought process, it gets frustrating. Don't ask the questions in the right order? Wrong. And God forbid there's another possible solution... :roll:

Great concept, but I find the execution lacking.

Like the NES games Shadowgate/Deja Vu.[/QUOTE]

That's actually a fair complaint. I guess whether you like the game or not boils down to how much you can forgive the gameplay in favor of enjoying the writing.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I love Shadowgate and Uninvited... I gotta playthrough Deja Vu still.

STILLINI![/QUOTE]

This. I never finished Uninvited though. :cry:

All right, I was really excited about the PlayStation Blog meet-up in Washington, DC, until I drove around the area myself. While I found the place they the PS Move event will be taking it, it was a pain getting there due to lots of traffic (on a Sunday even), one way streets everywhere, and so on. I don't want to imagine driving that at night. Thought about taking the Metro rail system, but I honestly dunno where it goes and having to park at a place a distance away from where I live would be even harder. I'm going to find a way to get there no matter what (probably drive).

I think I'm going to play Disgaea Infinite finally. I have yet to play it despite having it for two months. Still need to put more time into Arc Rise Fantasia and such. Right now, Star Ocean 4 is still my main priority.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Does anyone follow any builds for SC2? I'm trying to get good with Zerg, but I think the playstyle is odd, you basically need to keep pummeling the enemy to defeat them, because of the weakness of the units, but they can amass fast I guess. I have trouble knowing when to get my 2nd hatchery down and basically when I should start attacking... Guess I need to play against the AI some more.

Anyone got any build orders for Zerg? Is basically what I'm asking.[/QUOTE]

I don't think theres many SC2 people here, but here goes:

keep making drones.

-Make an overlord at 9 supply.
-scout at your 9th or 10th drone.
-keep pumping drones from there

Then, as an opening, either:
-make an extractor at 14 supply drone, then a spawning pool with the next drone
-make a spawning pool at 14 and a hatchery at your natural at 15 supply

As zerg you always have to scout and adjust according to what your enemy is getting. If you are planning any on using any lings at all make sure to get the speed upgrade.

Also, watch any replays on youtube of Idra, he is probably the best Zerg player in North America right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back