Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

Rumor has it I've seen a couple of LeBron's high school games. I might have spent a year or six down in Columbus, too.

Evening. First post after lurking around here for quite some time. I'm in Columbus, the Victorian Village area south of campus to be more accurate.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but speaking of Retro gaming, when EB at City Center moved to South Campus gateway, a new game store took its place. It goes by the name of Haven Games and they have 2600, NES, SNES, Saturn and Dreamcast titles (in addition to current gen), as well as quite a few retro systems in the case for sale (including a Super Pong, among others). Just figured this might catch someones interest. Still no 360's to be found in town though :p

Okay, I'm currently living in Plain City (work in Dublin) on the west side of Columbus. I've lived around OSU campus area in the past as well as Reynoldsburg area. . . so I've been all over Columbus looking high and low for games for the past 11 or 12 years. My best find was a classic Atari 2600 one-of-a-kind prototype (The Pink Panther) in a thrift store on Parsons Avenue back in 1992. There have been some other great classic game finds, but I have mainly been doing the CAG thing, lately, with PS2, GC, Xbox, DS, and PSP retail store searching.

In the past few years I've lived in Daytonesque towns like Greenville, Centerville, Cedarville, and Springfield. I've also lived in Fremont and Lima before, but not for very long (

[quote name='Aoi']Evening. First post after lurking around here for quite some time. I'm in Columbus, the Victorian Village area south of campus to be more accurate.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but speaking of Retro gaming, when EB at City Center moved to South Campus gateway, a new game store took its place. It goes by the name of Haven Games and they have 2600, NES, SNES, Saturn and Dreamcast titles (in addition to current gen), as well as quite a few retro systems in the case for sale (including a Super Pong, among others). Just figured this might catch someones interest. Still no 360's to be found in town though :p[/QUOTE]

How are their prices on the retro stuff? Reasonable?

[quote name='eshbums']How are their prices on the retro stuff? Reasonable?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure actually. I've mostly went in to look around and didn't actually notice prices on a lot of the stuff oddly enough. Just went in out of curiosity the other day. I go in about once a week to poke around the bookstore, I'll give the prices a look when I do. My only real disappointment is that the Saturn selection of games is nothing but rubbish. Pretty much just sports titles. They do have the systems with two controllers for $30 which strikes me as decent.

Btw, the Exchange store in Parma Heights has some nice used game deals. I picked up mint used copies of Secret Weapons Over Normandy for $10 and Area 51 for $15 for Xbox. They also had Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis used for $10 (it's $29.99 at Gamestop used). I saw quite a few other decent prices including PoP:SOT for $10, Mercenaries for $10 (slightly scratched) and mint for $15. I didn't check for PS2 since I don't have that game system.

just to let people know, some targets in the cincy area are getting 360's in stock, the one on beechmont ave got 4 in today. I picked mine up this morning.

[quote name='jcp4322']just to let people know, some targets in the cincy area are getting 360's in stock, the one on beechmont ave got 4 in today. I picked mine up this morning.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my gf just told me that some guy she works at was able to pick one up at Target.

I'm still too poor for one!

Btw, in case you're out and about for the TRU sale in NE Ohio, I checked out Elyria, North Olmsted, Parmatown, and Fairlawn TRU stores this morning. Parmatown and Fairlawn were out of RE4. Elyria and N. Olmsted had some earlier this morning (about 5 copies each), but they might be out by now. None of the stores had Conker, and I got the last Pirates game at the Elyria store.

The Springfield, OH TRU had a decent selection of $10 games. The ones I can remember off the top of my head:

XBox:
Amped 2
Doom 3
Conker
Dragon Ball Z Sagas
Fatal Frame II
Karaoke Revolution
Gungriffon
Pariah
Pirates!
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
Raze's Hell
WWE Wrestlemania XXI

PS2:
Alien Hominid
Dark Cloud 2
Ghost in the Shell
Metal Slug 4&5
1 or 2 free Star Wars controllers

GCN:
Wavebird (Green Tag) - $17.50

GBA:
Advance Wars 2
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Final Fantasy I & II
Warioware
F-Zero GP Legends

i'd be up for some TRU GBA games like FF1&2, DKC2, AdvanceWars2...if someone would be kind enough...none here near me...

I have an extra xbox360Premium new with Receipt if someone in Columbus OH needs one for Xmas gift...PM me..

[quote name='scp89']i'd be up for some TRU GBA games like FF1&2, DKC2, AdvanceWars2...if someone would be kind enough...none here near me...
[/QUOTE]

I saw at least 8 copies of AdvanceWars2 over several TRU stores in NE Ohio. I picked one up for a fellow CAG who lives around here.

[quote name='radjago']The Springfield, OH TRU had a decent selection of $10 games. The ones I can remember off the top of my head:

XBox:
Amped 2
Doom 3
Conker
Dragon Ball Z Sagas
Fatal Frame II
Karaoke Revolution
Gungriffon
Pariah
Pirates!
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
Raze's Hell
WWE Wrestlemania XXI

PS2:
Alien Hominid
Dark Cloud 2
Ghost in the Shell
Metal Slug 4&5
1 or 2 free Star Wars controllers

GCN:
Wavebird (Green Tag) - $17.50

GBA:
Advance Wars 2
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Final Fantasy I & II
Warioware
F-Zero GP Legends[/QUOTE]

Hey, when did you stop in there? I was there last night at around 7:30 or soPM and everything was pretty much gone save for some GBA games.

For those that are interested to know, the TRU next to the Eastgate Mall here had some good stuff still as of yesterday evening(but be ready to brave some serious traffic, it's an absolute nightmare anywhere near the mall or on 32.)

I just snagged things I knew I would play, but if anyone wants me to go check on other things for them, I can.

I know for a fact there were no less than 20 or so FF1and2's, a couple RE4's, some more Pikmin 2, A Virtua Quest, Metal Slug for GBA, Golden Sun The Lost Age(which I might go grab now if it's still there) and some others(I don't have an xbox, so I didn't bother looking for things for that.

Reality's Fringe said:
Hey, when did you stop in there? I was there last night at around 7:30 or soPM and everything was pretty much gone save for some GBA games.
It was earlier in the day, around 5 or so.

Just to let you fellow Cincinnati/ Northern KY CAGers know, as of last night, they had 5 copies of Guitar Hero in the Best Buy in Florence KY at the old price of $69.99. I drove there from Clermont County to get one and I have to say, that game is AWESOME! Get it while you can.

I was just at Great Northerns TRU and they really didnt have much, they had 4-5 copies of Geist, 3-4 copies of GG:Isuka(xbox), 2-3 copies of Xenosaga and alot of FF: DOS for the GBA and some copies of Feel the Magic for the DS.

I was disapointed to find no Metroid Prime 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 there. :(

[quote name='Benisjamin']Hey, I'm new here I live in Batavia

I also work in the R-Zone (videogames) at the Eastgate Toys'R'Us[/QUOTE]

you'll have to keep me posted on the what you have in stock when TRU has good deals going on, so i'll know if i should head there. i only live about 45-60 min from eastgate.

You didn't happen to be working the morning that the $10 sale started did you?

I stopped in the Beavercreek, OH Circuit City to check out the clearance. They had a bin full of stuff but most of it was $13.99 and $9.99. Looks like they cleared all the games on the list from the shelves pretty well.

BTW, Graystone... That TRU you were talking about that closed. Was that the Salem store? I haven't been there for about a year, but I remember there being a pretty good selection of clearance for last year's green tag sale.

Welcome. I used to work in the R Zone in that same store a few years ago. I've got some great stories about that place.

[quote name='scp89']TRU on W. Broad St in Columbus is one of the stores closing...[/QUOTE]

What a surprise. I live near that area and now I'm going to be without an immediate Toys R Us, Media Play, or Circuit City. The Blockbuster near there closed as well and so did the Coconuts a few years back.

Columbus, OH here.

I'm a big fan of the strip down Morse Road and the Buybacks on 161. In one day, I found Arc the Lad Collection (Complete), Shadow Hearts, Saiyuki: Journey West, Suikoden II, Suikoden Tactics, Vandal Hearts II and Star Ocean: Second Story, and came out spending less than $100.

Yes, Columbus is a good, good place.

[quote name='dchadwell']You didn't happen to be working the morning that the $10 sale started did you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was working then and we didn't have a list of the games that were on sale and we only had a few people who knew about sale come in.

[quote name='jousley']Welcome. I used to work in the R Zone in that same store a few years ago. I've got some great stories about that place.[/QUOTE]
No way that's awesome! Please share some stories.

Hi, I am new here as well. I live in Lucasville/Portsmouth, OH. It is about 2 hours south of Columbus (23) and 1 hour 45min east of Cincy...Looks like I am the only one from this area. Not a suprise since, like the guy from hillsboro, this place is BFE.

I found this site through RF Generation http://www.rfgeneration.com, with the big TRU deal. So I got up and left at 6 in the morning to go to the TRUs in Columbus...I got a load of games at the TRU on W. Broad. RE4, The Legend of Zelda 4 Swords, Wario Ware (GBA and GC), FZero, Pikmin 2, Advance Wars 2, and Metal Slug Adv....This was the best deals (on brand new games) that I have ever found....I love this site.

[quote name='scp89']TRU on W. Broad St in Columbus is one of the stores closing...[/QUOTE]
Anyway...this is sad, but does anyone know if there is anything worth making a 2 hour treck to get? Or is the place cleaned out?

Originally Posted by Benisjamin
Hey, I'm new here I live in Batavia

I also work in the R-Zone (videogames) at the Eastgate Toys'R'Us

I go to Eastgate as often as I make it up to columbus (Not very often).....I was wondering if you had any of the 9.99 games left?

TRU on West Broad St. had an ordinary selection of games. Nothing to get excited for at 10% off though. If you have a DS or PSP though, they did have a bunch of cool accessopries (30% off I think).

West Broad Street is turning into a wasteland. I haven't been to the flea market in a while (my spanish isn't that good), so I am not sure if anyone still sells games there, Gamestop is wiped out after the holdays (they did have some dirt cheap N-Gage games for the two fans of the system though).

Buybacks, EB at Geogersville Sq. seem to be my local haunts to the south (Buybacks has done some reorganizing in the last couple weeks, had some preowned 360 games out).

West Pointe Video Games and the Hilliard EB Games are my haunts to the North of Broad Street.

Brandon's Video Games is in the middle, but it's virtually empty of inventory now, occassionally you can find a new release a bit cheaper than you would at EB though.

Now and then I journey to Video Games Express in Grove City. Nothing to exciting, but it's the only place I can find anything pre-ps1 anymore..

Later,
Trebuken

[quote name='Benisjamin']No way that's awesome! Please share some stories.[/QUOTE]

Well, depending out how good the backroom right behind the R-Zone Cash register has been cleaned over the past few years, there WAS a mint sealed copy of Lunar 2 for PSone in there hidden. It was like a joke we had going..to see how long it would stay there. Walk into the room and go back, past the staircase and straight back the shelving there, get down and check under the bottom shelf on the floor under there. It was wrapped in a paper towel. I always wondered if anyone had found that. :)
Also, once when I was working there, the manager told me to go upstairs in that room and clean up that freaking mess thats the upstairs room above R Zone. I go up there and there were all these old TVs they had out for demos and some old systems. He told me to bring them all down and since it was getting close to Memorial Day, he was going to give them out to the employees at the cookout here were going to have on the back dock. I saw my chance and said "Well if I have to carry all that stuff down the stairs, do I get to just pick one TV and system out for myself to keep for doing it? He agreed. So as Im cleaning up that mess I found a GXTV..those pretty awesome small TVs with the swing out speakers and a built in subwoofer. I said "Ill take this one!" and he was cool with it. So I put that into my car. Then as Im going through all the other stuff up there, I found an Xbox that had no box or controller, but everything else with it. It still had the plastic protector sheet on top of it. Now this was within the first year the Xbox was out so it was still like $300. I look at him and say "Well..you DID say I could have a system I found up here...how about this?" he just shrugged and said "Sure...why not?" so I got a free Xbox and a free $350 TV that day. I gave the Xbox to my best friend on the condition he would buy Halo so I would have someone to link play with. Too bad that was about the only day that store manager was anywhere near cool.

[quote name='jousley']Well, depending out how good the backroom right behind the R-Zone Cash register has been cleaned over the past few years, there WAS a mint sealed copy of Lunar 2 for PSone in there hidden. It was like a joke we had going..to see how long it would stay there. Walk into the room and go back, past the staircase and straight back the shelving there, get down and check under the bottom shelf on the floor under there. It was wrapped in a paper towel. I always wondered if anyone had found that. :)
Also, once when I was working there, the manager told me to go upstairs in that room and clean up that freaking mess thats the upstairs room above R Zone. I go up there and there were all these old TVs they had out for demos and some old systems. He told me to bring them all down and since it was getting close to Memorial Day, he was going to give them out to the employees at the cookout here were going to have on the back dock. I saw my chance and said "Well if I have to carry all that stuff down the stairs, do I get to just pick one TV and system out for myself to keep for doing it? He agreed. So as Im cleaning up that mess I found a GXTV..those pretty awesome small TVs with the swing out speakers and a built in subwoofer. I said "Ill take this one!" and he was cool with it. So I put that into my car. Then as Im going through all the other stuff up there, I found an Xbox that had no box or controller, but everything else with it. It still had the plastic protector sheet on top of it. Now this was within the first year the Xbox was out so it was still like $300. I look at him and say "Well..you DID say I could have a system I found up here...how about this?" he just shrugged and said "Sure...why not?" so I got a free Xbox and a free $350 TV that day. I gave the Xbox to my best friend on the condition he would buy Halo so I would have someone to link play with. Too bad that was about the only day that store manager was anywhere near cool.[/QUOTE]
I remember those GXTVs. They were only 13-14" IIRC, but they had shutters with speakers on either side of the screen that you could shut over the screen for storage or travel.

Oh, I found a picture.

StereoTV.gif

bread's done
Back