Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Hi, I am new here as well. I live in Lucasville/Portsmouth, OH. It is about 2 hours south of Columbus (23) and 1 hour 45min east of Cincy...Looks like I am the only one from this area. Not a suprise since, like the guy from hillsboro, this place is BFE.

I found this site through RF Generation http://www.rfgeneration.com, with the big TRU deal. So I got up and left at 6 in the morning to go to the TRUs in Columbus...I got a load of games at the TRU on W. Broad. RE4, The Legend of Zelda 4 Swords, Wario Ware (GBA and GC), FZero, Pikmin 2, Advance Wars 2, and Metal Slug Adv....This was the best deals (on brand new games) that I have ever found....I love this site.

Anyway...this is sad, but does anyone know if there is anything worth making a 2 hour treck to get? Or is the place cleaned out?

Originally Posted by Benisjamin
Hey, I'm new here I live in Batavia

I also work in the R-Zone (videogames) at the Eastgate Toys'R'Us

I go to Eastgate as often as I make it up to columbus (Not very often).....I was wondering if you had any of the 9.99 games left?[/QUOTE]

I'll try and keep you up to date on both locations as I live in Columbus and work in the Cincinnati area. We actually ran into each other at the West Broad location that day. Glad to see you made out well, and even though you grabbed the last copy of Metal Slug Advance, I was able to pick it up at another location. :)

[quote name='Benisjamin']Yeah I was working then and we didn't have a list of the games that were on sale and we only had a few people who knew about sale come in.[/QUOTE]

Hah, yeah, I was one of them. I was probably the second guy there, and there was a girl that you checked out a head of me that morning.

Awesome though, welcome to CAG.

[quote name='jousley']Well, depending out how good the backroom right behind the R-Zone Cash register has been cleaned over the past few years, there WAS a mint sealed copy of Lunar 2 for PSone in there hidden. It was like a joke we had going..to see how long it would stay there. Walk into the room and go back, past the staircase and straight back the shelving there, get down and check under the bottom shelf on the floor under there. It was wrapped in a paper towel. I always wondered if anyone had found that. :)
Also, once when I was working there, the manager told me to go upstairs in that room and clean up that freaking mess thats the upstairs room above R Zone. I go up there and there were all these old TVs they had out for demos and some old systems. He told me to bring them all down and since it was getting close to Memorial Day, he was going to give them out to the employees at the cookout here were going to have on the back dock. I saw my chance and said "Well if I have to carry all that stuff down the stairs, do I get to just pick one TV and system out for myself to keep for doing it? He agreed. So as Im cleaning up that mess I found a GXTV..those pretty awesome small TVs with the swing out speakers and a built in subwoofer. I said "Ill take this one!" and he was cool with it. So I put that into my car. Then as Im going through all the other stuff up there, I found an Xbox that had no box or controller, but everything else with it. It still had the plastic protector sheet on top of it. Now this was within the first year the Xbox was out so it was still like $300. I look at him and say "Well..you DID say I could have a system I found up here...how about this?" he just shrugged and said "Sure...why not?" so I got a free Xbox and a free $350 TV that day. I gave the Xbox to my best friend on the condition he would buy Halo so I would have someone to link play with. Too bad that was about the only day that store manager was anywhere near cool.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap that's awesome! All that's upstairs now is and old PSOne and some broken DK Bongos. I'm holding out for the XBOX 360 display, hopefully they'll get rid of that while I still work there. I'll be sure to check for Lunar 2 on Thursday, I'll definitely tell you if it's still there. Who did you work with there, were James and Ryan there?

[quote name='Benisjamin']Holy crap that's awesome! All that's upstairs now is and old PSOne and some broken DK Bongos. I'm holding out for the XBOX 360 display, hopefully they'll get rid of that while I still work there. I'll be sure to check for Lunar 2 on Thursday, I'll definitely tell you if it's still there. Who did you work with there, were James and Ryan there?[/QUOTE]

James was there....no Ryan when I was there. We all got such a kick out of James the day he showed up with that convertible car of his with the Dolphins airbrushed on the back of it. Thats the funniest thing Ive ever seen!
James would always quote "The Princess Bride"..saying "Im Indeigo Montoyo...you killed my father...prepare to die"

from the tiny village of West Liberty, Ohio. About 45 min west of Columbus, 25 min north of Sprinfield, which sadly is the closest place that has any decent game stores.

If anyone collect NES/SNES carts and lives near Akron you may want to check out the Chapel Hill Exchange store. A guy traded in a crapload of good stuff yesterday. I'm not that up on what's valuable, but I did notice a boxed Super Mario RPG and Final Fantasy III.

[quote name='jkanownik']If anyone collect NES/SNES carts and lives near Akron you may want to check out the Chapel Hill Exchange store. A guy traded in a crapload of good stuff yesterday. I'm not that up on what's valuable, but I did notice a boxed Super Mario RPG and Final Fantasy III.[/QUOTE]

Is that inside the mall?

I live in Youngstown, near Warren, anyone know any good trade-in stores or places I can pick up stuff to trade in to FYE? If you close to where I do, the Circuit City by the Eastwood Mall has some good stuff in their bargain bin thing, picked up PowerDrome for $1.50, went to FYE like right next door to CC, trade in for $9

[quote name='Genocidal']No, it's in the plaza with Staples, right next door.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll check it out if I'm up by there.

BTW, I believe the TRU by Rolling Acres is closing, if anyone gives a shit.

[quote name='jkanownik']If anyone collect NES/SNES carts and lives near Akron you may want to check out the Chapel Hill Exchange store. A guy traded in a crapload of good stuff yesterday. I'm not that up on what's valuable, but I did notice a boxed Super Mario RPG and Final Fantasy III.[/QUOTE]

I was there yesterday too - there was some dude who was bragging about being an ebayer and convincing me that boxed Mario RPG was worthless because it didnt have a manual. Was that you? :)

That store is usually loaded with good stuff. I wlaked out with Airforce Delta Storm Xbox, plus Power Stone and Soul Calibur DC for $20 total.

And yeah, the Rolling Acres TRU is the only one closing

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']Was that you? :)[/QUOTE]

That was not me.

I used to love the Exchange, but they've been taking their prices up lately. PS2/XB/GC games that used to be $5 have moved up to $10. They charge $9 for most good used CDs. And used 360 games are the same price they are everywhere else. Now the only thing they're good for is OOP stuff.

[quote name='Benisjamin']Does anyone still come to this thread?[/QUOTE]

Any luck on finding that hidden Lunar 2 at ToysRus, Benisjamin? Was hoping to hear about it :)

Lucked out and came across a 360 at the Eb Games at Eastgate Mall this morning. Granted, it was a Core, but at this point I didn't care. Anyone noticed any hard drives in the area?

[quote name='jousley']Any luck on finding that hidden Lunar 2 at ToysRus, Benisjamin? Was hoping to hear about it :)[/QUOTE]

No it wasn't there anymore. I was really hoping for a good story too.

[quote name='dchadwell']Lucked out and came across a 360 at the Eb Games at Eastgate Mall this morning. Granted, it was a Core, but at this point I didn't care. Anyone noticed any hard drives in the area?[/QUOTE]
We had one 360 HD at the Toys'R'Us in Eastgate as of 1/27 I can't remember if I saw it today but I know I didn't sell it.

When I was at the Chapel Hill, OH TRU today I noticed that they had two PSP Value Packs for orange-tagged for $199.90

I don't know much about PSP's, but I think that's a pretty good price.

orange tag at that tru usually means it was returned. Gamecrazy on 30th street in canton has 4 360's (premium) as of this morning.

Anyone looking to buy Kameo, Project Gotham 3, or Perfect Dark Zero. I have all 3 sealed and new, $32.00 each. IN the Medina area, ie between Cleveland - Akron and Canton. Just PM me. Can meet you.

For anyone in the Cincinnati area. The new Walmart Supercenter in Eastgate is opening on tuesday. I wonder if they will have any grand opening specials. I tried looking online at the weekly ad and could not find anything. Anyone get a sunday paper yesterday and see anything?

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']they got a new walmart in eastgate!? i didn't know they were even building one, let alone open. where is the new one located?[/QUOTE] It is right besides the other Walmart in Eastgate. Sharing the same parking lot. You have to drive up to to to see it. Pull in like you were going to go the Walmart, but keep driving past the front, and once you get past the tire center a SuperWalmart will pop up. I was surprised when I found it also. It is hidden from the road.

That one's opening on Tuesday too? Because I know the one they just built in Amelia is having their grand opening this Tuesday, even though they're actually already open.

[quote name='dchadwell']That one's opening on Tuesday too? Because I know the one they just built in Amelia is having their grand opening this Tuesday, even though they're actually already open.[/QUOTE]

How long has that one been open? I lve off of Beechmont. But near 275. I think the one in Eastgate might be a little closer.

[quote name='markholladay']How long has that one been open? I lve off of Beechmont. But near 275. I think the one in Eastgate might be a little closer.[/QUOTE]

Not long I don't think, less than a week? I'm not for sure, since I live out in Loveland, but me and gf went to her parents last night and stopped over there to check it out. They didn't have anything that I noticed on sale, but they might actually hold off on that till the Grand Opening deal on tomorrow.

I was in the Chapel Hill EB Games yesterday, and it looks like they are clearing out their used CDs.
There are a lot less there than there were a few weeks ago.

[quote name='radjago']Is the Springfield TRU closed now? I haven't had a chance to swing by there and check.[/QUOTE]

No, but I don't think they have much of anything left. It wouldn't be worth it to check until things hit at least 40% off.

For anyone who wants a 360:
There are two premium systems for sale(as of 4PM 2/7) at the Kent-Ravenna Wal Mart.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Windham OH. Nothing here, but about 20 miles from everywhere. I seem to have most of NE Ohio to myself, especially the Kent/Stow area.[/QUOTE]
Oh good sir I challenge you to fisticuffs for the honor of my beloved Kent. Wait until I get a capable car and NE Ohio shall be mine once again just like '04/early '05. I find it really hard to believe I'm the only person from Kent on here, let alone the only KSU student. As many students as KSU has... jeez.

[quote name='dabamus']I'm from Ravenna, near Akron.[/QUOTE]
Sup neighbor.

HA - I just picked up a Phoenix Wright for $20 and a Zelda CE for $15 from the Exchange, as well as a Nintendo Power Animal Crossing guide for a buck which I sold for $40. You better hurry up on that car :)

Dave

Well... well... it's a good thing I don't even have a DS! :whistle2:( Phoenix Wright is the whole reason I want a DS(because I heard Lunar sucks) so I'm jealous of that. I had no idea guides went for that much. That's crazy. I never would have thought to pick it up anyways.

[quote name='MightySlacker']HA - I just picked up a Phoenix Wright for $20 and a Zelda CE for $15 from the Exchange, as well as a Nintendo Power Animal Crossing guide for a buck which I sold for $40. You better hurry up on that car :)

Dave[/QUOTE]
Bah, too bad there aren't really any good independent game stores up here... I don't think anyone can really compete with the ridiculous number of EB/GS stores. I could use a Zelda CE for less than the $30-$40 I'd have to pay there.

Actually, I think there are quite a dew Exchance stores in the area. There's "The Exchange" and "CD/Game Exchange", which are both pretty good. Maybe they are in suburbs around you, but I know they are up there somewhere

Dave

bread's done
Back