OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

Dude this is a CC foulup. The price update was entered in their system a week early and the game list was leaked on the net. Not all stores will be getting restocked on games. That is why the sales people were scrambling to pull as many games as possible. The real start of the sale is on the 11th for the remaining dregs and whatever is being sent from the warehouse. Do not expect too much on Sunday.

Gosh, I feel awful. I went over 70 miles today and I went to 2 CC's because they were in the area and both of them were pulling games as I was there. None of them had anything though. I saw Simpsons Hit and Run for Gamecube which I believe is $5 but I didn't buy it since they were clearing out the GCN $5 games and my friend said he was having trouble buying $5 games from that store on sunday.

The CC near my work, started to pull the games (what's left anyhow - nothing really). But they didn't pull them for a sunday sale, they pulled them to throw into the bargain bin. LOL.

I'm sure glad I snagged a bunch Sat/Sun.

[quote name='cag1000']Kelly Slater Pro Surfer for GC should be taken off list, priced out at 14.99
[/quote]

That's not exactly true... the ones without the "Great Game Value" stickers are 4.99... the ones that DO have it, have a new UPC sticker placed over them.

If you can only find one with the sticker, you could take your chances with removing it.. but since the inventory count in the computer is going to come up as 0 they may not sell it to you, or give you a hard time...

Personally, I bought it with the sticker, then pointed out to the cashier that it scanned for less when you checked the original UPC. He couldn't do anything about it, but I went to customer service and asked to price match it, since it was the same exact product... and after some prodding she did it.

[quote name='mccoyer001']Dude this is a CC foulup. The price update was entered in their system a week early and the game list was leaked on the net. Not all stores will be getting restocked on games. That is why the sales people were scrambling to pull as many games as possible. The real start of the sale is on the 11th for the remaining dregs and whatever is being sent from the warehouse. Do not expect too much on Sunday.[/quote]

No, it's not a foulup. I'm sure they planned on this all along. Big companies aren't as stupid as you might think.

Why do most places clearance out products? Typically because they have a TON and they aren't selling. It's rare you see big stores like CC or Best Buy clearance out, y'know, one printer or one cell phone or something. One product, especially a video game, doesn't exactly take up a whole wall of space.

That's why I think the guy at CC was telling me the truth when he said they were getting another shipment of $5 games. They may not be getting in 100 copies of REZ or Ikaruga, but I'm sure they'll be getting some stuff.

Besides, I doubt the employee would lie to me, he had no reason to. Even if he was lying, it doesn't hurt to take another trip down to CC to take a look. Worse comes to worse I don't find any games and I'm happy with the ones I already got.

[quote name='droidekaspam']The CC near my work, started to pull the games (what's left anyhow - nothing really). But they didn't pull them for a sunday sale, they pulled them to throw into the bargain bin. LOL.

I'm sure glad I snagged a bunch Sat/Sun.[/quote]

same here i asked the lady if i could look at the games shes pulling down since there the $4.99 she said sure, so i grabbed all mine from her

[quote name='p0tempkin']Simpsons Road Rage is $5, not Hit and Run.[/quote]
GOOD. I would've felt like a moron going up to the counter and seeing that it was $50. I'm satisfied with MvsC2, DOA: XBV, and Viewtiful Joe which I'll probably give to my friend.

Just grabbed for $4.99

GBA
----------------
Dokapon - Monster Hunter
Rainbow Six Rogue Spear
Monster Rancher 2 Advance
Justice League Chronicles
Virtua Tennis

Gameboy Color
-------------------
Resident Evil: Gaiden

I confirm Mario Kart Double Dash... I went to CC and just got back...

There are two boxes for the game, one has a little red band on the bottom right corner that says "Includes Bonus Disc with playable demos!"

That's the one that was $4.99... I checked the one without the demo disc and it was full price.

My CC had tons of games, just PM me with the ones that you were unable to find at your local CC because im gonna go again to check today, ill pick them up for you.

[quote name='Yankeez']My CC had tons of games, just PM me with the ones that you were unable to find at your local CC because im gonna go again to check today, ill pick them up for you.[/quote]

PM sent, hit me back after you go

[quote name='Yogart']I confirm Mario Kart Double Dash... I went to CC and just got back...

There are two boxes for the game, one has a little red band on the bottom right corner that says "Includes Bonus Disc with playable demos!"

That's the one that was $4.99... I checked the one without the demo disc and it was full price.[/quote]

That's an amazing deal. I wonder why they want to clearance what is still a pretty popular game?

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, is probably the best CC 4.99 game I got, if anyone sees this title, I recommend getting it! It's a great game. :D

So I dont get it. Is this bin of $4.99 games going to magically appear on Sunday morning, or are they dumping games into it now, and we have to hope there is something left on Sunday?

that's amazing... I'm tempted to go back and check my CC because I remember there being a bunch of MK: DD's there but I didn't bother to check if any where the bonus disc addition cause I was under the impression that neither would be 4.99

I guess it makes sense though, as CC is looking at it as an "older" version and is clearing it out so they online have the most up to date copy... still I think it's crazy.

Results from another trip. This time they had 4.99 bins. And I saw a printed list of inventory but it was huge and didnt make much sense. I was tempted to sang it but it wasnt worth it.

GC

Rocky

Xbox

Rally Fusion
Azurk: Rise of Perathia
High Heat 2004

PS2 (for my cousin)

Pro Race Driver
Vexx
The Bouncer
MDK 2

Me and my brother picked up some games from 3 CC's on Sunday morning, which I believe includes some games not on the list...

GC:
Fire Blade
LOTR: The Two Towers
MX Superfly

These I believe are already in the list...
4x4 Evo 2
The Sims
Pac-Man Fever
Zoocube
X-Men: Next Dimension
Vexx
Shrek: Extra Large
Bomberman Generations
Defender
Dead to Rights
Freekstyle
Home Run King
Minority Report
Lost Kingdoms

[quote name='Requiem']So I dont get it. Is this bin of $4.99 games going to magically appear on Sunday morning, or are they dumping games into it now, and we have to hope there is something left on Sunday?[/quote]

when i went today, there was a big bin that had a big sign $4.99 clearence games, i saw 2 employee one at the xbox rack and one at the ps2 rack looking off a list taking down the games and throwing them in the bin. so you might wanna go check today if you can for the games

i went to my local CC today...my 2nd time going and i got all together now...
XBOX:
evil dead
syberia
gun metal
swon
gladius
dino crisis 3

Yeah some dick came in as soon as i was done and bought like every damn game left...at least 100 or more games...he worked ther and was going to open a store on ebay...greedy bastard...but its all good. i got mine so i am happy!!! all together i spent $33.26 thats damn good for 6 games... o yeah and a CC guy had a HUGE list of 4.99 games and he said that there would be new games on the list...so i dont know what the deal is....and he said that they wouldnt be taking games off the shelves for the 11th.. he said that it all goes...they dont want to get stuck with these games...so thats all

Just thought you all would like to know this info from a CC employee posted on anther site:
"CC corporate didn't tell the stores to pull the titles, an email came out today that told us NOT to pull the titles, but to start selling them immediately.

The stores got a complete list that printed up today. It's complete in that it lists all the sale titles that particular store has in stock. It will list the UPC, game title, and quantity the store has (or at least what they had at the time the list printed up). My particular store's list was much longer than the list posted on this website so look for the employees to be digging up more $4.99 titles. " All stores that pulled their 4.99 titles should be putting them back on the shelves. Time to head back and take a look...

By they way, break out the champagne, I am a regular....

Wow... I saw Two Towers.. and thought it about asking to get it scanned but passed, damn.. more reason to run back there..

Hehe same here. Going on these forums just reminds me of a lot of games I passed up on Sunday without knowledge of them being on sale. I'll go again this Sunday.

I'd go today but the nearest CC is almost 30 minutes away!

I was out-of-town when the sale hit, but I was pleasantly surprised to find some pretty nice deals on Tuesday, July 6. I went to two Circuit City locations in the Tampa Bay area, and here's what I picked up:

PS2: Herdy Gerdy, Fur Fighters, Wallace and Gromit
GC: 007 Agent Under Fire
XBOX: Pac Man World 2 (PH), Minority Report, SSX Tricky (PH), Futurama, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, The Great Escape

Kelly Slater- XBox and
Rune- PS2 can both be added to the master list. If I had been able to find Ikaruga I think I would have gladly passed it along to 'The Listmaster'. I bow before thee...

[quote name='Requiem']
Wow... I saw Two Towers.. and thought it about asking to get it scanned but passed, damn.. more reason to run back there..

Hehe same here. Going on these forums just reminds me of a lot of games I passed up on Sunday without knowledge of them being on sale. I'll go again this Sunday.

I'd go today but the nearest CC is almost 30 minutes away![/quote]

Man I'm an hour and a half away, so that's nothing to me... but it would be worth it just to score that and one other decent game at that price.

add

gba
scooby doo mystery mayhem
007 nightfire
bomberman max 2 blue advance
rugrats i gotta go party
monster rancher 1
monster rancher 2

ps2
evolution snowboarding
dropship united peace force

xbox
prisoner of war
mad dash

[quote name='Yankeez']mesa,az[/quote]

I don't think there are hardly any CAGS in Phoenix/Mesa area. I sent my friend who lives there to a couple to look for me and she said all the stores she hit were pretty well stocked. Weird, big city like that. Wish I still lived there now.

[quote name='cag1000']
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer for GC should be taken off list, priced out at 14.99
[/quote]

Have them scan the original bar code, not the one covering it.

i was wonder , on the list of ps2 it says disgaea .. is this disgaea hour of darkness ? for 4.99 that is a great deal for an extremely rare game.

I went in to the local CC today to see if they had any games left. To my surprise, they had a couple I was able to snag, but what follows is much more important.

I was walking around with my printed out list and they employee noticed and said the list wasn't very accurate. So Sword of Mana isn't $4.99, I know. I already tried that. So I told him that I know, but it's pretty good. He goes away and next thing you know, he comes back with a copy of the master list. He said I could use it to look, but I had to give it back.

I was able to scan the images, and the links are posted below. They were kindly copied for me by a nice young lady that works at the local CC. I had never met her before, but we struck up a conversation, and she very kindly agreed to make the copy when I asked. So I don't think the other employee wanted me to take the list, but I didn't! I took a copy of the list. Hehehehe.

These were being used to pull the games from the shelves for Sunday's ad. This is a list of all the $4.99 games they supposedly had in stock. I didn't see even close to this many actually on the shelves, but this should give a better idea of what's out there, and will add to the list considerably. If anyone else can snag one, please post it. Store information blacked out as a niceity.

http://img35.exs.cx/img35/5912/page4.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/1945/page5.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/2415/page6.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/8345/page7.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/8569/page8.jpg

It does seem to be missing some pages. I don't recall what was on the missing pages. I know one of them had the GH titles from PS2 that were $4.99. Unfortunately though, they scan wrong unless you peel the sticker UPC off. Sorry that they're not here.

I repeat, games the store did not have are not on this list.

You da man!

I notice it's not every title. Just games they had at your store. For example, No Disgaea. No Ikaruga. At least I ddin't see them scaning the pages. But it's still an excellent list.

I went back tonight and got the following games (they were in a clearance bin but I didn't see it right away so I looked behind all the games and around the store for nothing)

Tekken 3 (confirmed, was 4.99 here)
Okage: Shadow King
Legaia 2
ATV Quad Power Racing 2
Mystic Heroes
Silpheed: The Lost Planet
Chu Chu Rocket
Jade Cocoon 2

and last saturday I got:
Robinhood: Defender of the Crown
Guilty Gear X
Megaman X7
Robotech: Battlecry
Defender

So all in all I got 13 total games, 12 PS2 and 1 GBA, for a grand total of: $67.32

Does anyone here know if the CC in Wilmington Delaware on Concord Pike has been tapped clean, they told me they are having the sale Sunday...anyone else gona be waiting outside before it opens there? Let me know

The sale started July 3rd I believe. The titles have already been reduced, but they are not marked. Some stores have pulled their inventory, some are pulling them now, and some have not pulled them at all. I went to two stores today. One was pulling and one was not pulling. Regardless, Sunday this will be advertised, this has been confirmed by me personally. So if you want anything other than Super Duper Sumos, you better get over there now. Even if they pulled, you can still find things, trust me. I scored 16 games today, even after the locusts came through.

[quote name='zewone']Mine didn't pull any just got cleared out by a bunch of Fatwallet people with lists and carts full of HUNDREDS of games litterally. Probably won't be much on Sunday at my CC unless they get a new shipment or add new games to the $4.99 list.[/quote]

sometime i think something is wrong with some fatwallet ppl.. they're not really gamers... just business owners.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Does anyone here know if the CC in Wilmington Delaware on Concord Pike has been tapped clean, they told me they are having the sale Sunday...anyone else gona be waiting outside before it opens there? Let me know[/quote]

I went to CC there on Saturday Night. Got the last two Disgaea. Nothing else. They had a lot of stuff. The Bouncer, Dynasty Warriors 4. I guess I just wasn't being opportunistic, but they didn't have any Viewtiful Joes, Ikaruga, MP4's etc. I didn't even realize then that they were included in the sale.

I went back on Sunday morning. Got there about 45 minutes after the store opened. There were around 15 milling about with lists when I arrived. But I must add that everyone was cool. The place was as quiet as a library. A lot of items seemed missing. I didn't find any copies of Gladius, which I went there for. Those titiles I saw Saturday evening were already gone.

So they may have been cleaned out. But that's a very good CC. They usually get stuff back in stock even when It's gone. They may get some more, they may not. But I'm going to check back there throughout the week.

The other CC in the area, at the mall. I didn't think it had anything spectacular when I went there Saturday Night. BigBen was there with me so maybe he saw things differently, but I dunno. I didn't buy anything. That evening some guy came in near closing and started to clear the store out. Management wasn't happy, but on the scale of things, I only think he bought 20-30 games, so it's not like he grabbed everything off the shelves like some people.

The following morning, management ordered the redshirts to clear the shelves of $5 games. I know one manager at that CC who's very cool, but the rest are real tightwads imo. And the tightwads will definately be there Sunday. The redshirts were filling shopping baskets with games to keep customers from bying them. But they should be available on Sunday.

It puts me at a quandry. Go to the CC at the mall where I kow they've pulled some games. But I also know the games they've pulled are nothing special. Or do I go to the one in Wilmington where they may have already been picked clean.

I'll probably go to Wilmington because I've always had better luck there. But it'll also probably be busier due to its location. I plan to hit there tomorrow morning at opening just to browse if anything has been stocked during the midweek or ask if something is in their inventory. Get a feel for the place. I'll let you know if I have any major discoveries.

I went to 3 CC within 20 miles of my house in Minnesota and they had nothing, nothing....NOTHING! The space where Xbox/PS2 Aliens VS Predator always sat (there were 7-8 copies at each CC last month) was gone and Dark Cloud 2 was no where to be found. WHat is more strange is that Beyond Good and Evil and Metal Arms for all three systems were missing...someone must know something about this so-called rumoured 7/11 crazy deal going on. I know these CC well because I always check up on them. Today, it seemed as if half of all their games were missing. And it ain't to make room for new July games either, there's not that many new releases.

There's something fishy going on, and someone's not talking :shock:

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']omgoodness, i was out all weekend for a vacation! :( i'm gonna go hit up a cc during lunch :lol:[/quote]

Bad time to go on vacation. Good luck.[/quote]

hehe, thanks. i actually picked up a few, but they weren't the ones i really wanted. ALL the ps2, GC and GBA games were picked clean except for the ones in the bin (mostly sports titles). ah well, hopefully they hid some in the back or will restock :lol:

also, CAG is the best! i've seen some other lists and they're either inaccurate or are not as complete as ours. keep up the good work all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back