OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

Anyone plan on integrating the huge actually official list I posted?

[quote name='JohnnyA']I went in to the local CC today to see if they had any games left. To my surprise, they had a couple I was able to snag, but what follows is much more important.

I was walking around with my printed out list and they employee noticed and said the list wasn't very accurate. So Sword of Mana isn't $4.99, I know. I already tried that. So I told him that I know, but it's pretty good. He goes away and next thing you know, he comes back with a copy of the master list. He said I could use it to look, but I had to give it back.

I was able to scan the images, and the links are posted below. They were kindly copied for me by a nice young lady that works at the local CC. I had never met her before, but we struck up a conversation, and she very kindly agreed to make the copy when I asked. So I don't think the other employee wanted me to take the list, but I didn't! I took a copy of the list. Hehehehe.

These were being used to pull the games from the shelves for Sunday's ad. This is a list of all the $4.99 games they supposedly had in stock. I didn't see even close to this many actually on the shelves, but this should give a better idea of what's out there, and will add to the list considerably. If anyone else can snag one, please post it. Store information blacked out as a niceity.

http://img35.exs.cx/img35/5912/page4.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/1945/page5.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/2415/page6.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/8345/page7.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/8569/page8.jpg

It does seem to be missing some pages. I don't recall what was on the missing pages. I know one of them had the GH titles from PS2 that were $4.99. Unfortunately though, they scan wrong unless you peel the sticker UPC off. Sorry that they're not here.

I repeat, games the store did not have are not on this list.[/quote]

[quote name='p0tempkin']Drakken, they will have the advertisement say "Huge Video Game Clearance, $4.99 Xbox, GC, PS2, and GBA games". Then in small print: "Title selection may vary by location".[/quote]

How would a price match at BB work, then? My BB said they only price match deals in ads.....but the game titles aren't listed. I guess they could call, since the deal is in the ad, even though the specific games aren't.

Its better as 2 topics. Make one with the entire list only and lock it. And make another for just messages about the CC deal.

[quote name='Requiem']As these CC employees are throwing games (are these the good games?) into the bins, are they also keeping and hording some away for themselves. If they're throwing games like Ikaruga and Disgea into a bin then (1) they're clueless idiots and (2) we benefit from their idiocy.[/quote]

I personaly dont think worker's are buying lots of games most workers
are in school and work part time.and can not afford to by alot of games.
most are not gamers and have no clue what is "rare" or just your avg game.

i was even nice at one store and bought a worker a game.
i saw he talking to the manger about holding it til payday.

[quote name='Drakken'][quote name='p0tempkin']Drakken, they will have the advertisement say "Huge Video Game Clearance, $4.99 Xbox, GC, PS2, and GBA games". Then in small print: "Title selection may vary by location".[/quote]

How would a price match at BB work, then? My BB said they only price match deals in ads.....but the game titles aren't listed. I guess they could call, since the deal is in the ad, even though the specific games aren't.[/quote]

The simple fact that it's clearance may exclude it from being PM'd.. some stores won't match clearance prices, since they're purposely low balled to clear out inventory. If your BB is really that strict, I doubt that ad will work but the wording makes it even more difficult to deal with.

Holy crap. This thread was 63 pages at like 3pm on Tues. I hit CC today and got ....

Gamecube:
Splinter Cell

GBA:
Wario Land 4

I'm hitting a CC on Sunday that has pulled the 4.99 games. They're waiting for the official start date. Wish me luck!!!!

totally rad, my friend just picked up 6 games all for bout 30 bucks, im gunna go tomarrow and hit up the deal

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Holy crap. This thread was 63 pages at like 3pm on Tues. I hit CC today and got ....

Gamecube:
Splinter Cell

GBA:
Wario Land 4

I'm hitting a CC on Sunday that has pulled the 4.99 games. They're waiting for the official start date. Wish me luck!!!![/quote]

Splinter Cell is on there? I promised I wouldn't go back. Well, that lasted about 4 min.

[quote name='joeposh']Someone in the other thread mentioned Golden Sun 2 for the GBA, can anyone confirm or deny this?[/quote]

i think its just the first golden sun

[quote name='Yankeez'][quote name='joeposh']Someone in the other thread mentioned Golden Sun 2 for the GBA, can anyone confirm or deny this?[/quote]

i think its just the first golden sun[/quote]

That was my impression too.. but some guy was offering to trade it sealed for Def Jam Vendetta... which if it's not 4.99 is just crazy..

by the way man, did u get a chance to hit up CC again today? If so any luck?

was at CC when they were pulling games off the shelves. The guy doing it was totally not letting me look for any cheap games by getting in my way and stuff. He said i could buy whatever I could get to before he pulled it. (which was only Dead to Rights btw) He was pulling titles off the shelf so fast it was crazy I couldnt compete.

Other CC employees would come by and look at what he was taking out and taking what they wanted. One employess tried to take 3 jade cocoon 2s and got yelled at by his supervisor. I thought that was funny. I overheard them talking about some Yugi-Oh game on the list.

Might as well add

Kabuki Warriors PS2
and some little mermaid psx game to the list.

I saw the guy throw those into his pull basket.

---List changes---

Remove from list (unless YMMV) - Commandos 2 for the PS2 is -NOT- $4.99. It rang up at $19.99.

Add MotoGP 2 for the PS2 to the list. Rang up at $4.99

Add Timesplitters 1 to the PS2 list (Timesplitters 2 is listed, but not 1). Rang up at $4.99

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I tried getting Golden Sun on Monday and it rung up at $20.[/quote]

Damn... well it sounded too good to be true, that's why I wanted to check, thanks man.

Second'd!

Also haven't read through the rest of these pages, but I'm assuming the two Circuit City topics were fused together. That was just dumb. Now the list is probably buried on page 12 or something.

Sorry, i'm new here and am about to ask a stupid question. I don't have time to read all 100+ pages of this thread, I just want to know, is this sale currently going on NOW? I keep finding conflicting stories.

[quote name='Esty']Sorry, i'm new here and am about to ask a stupid question. I don't have time to read all 100+ pages of this thread, I just want to know, is this sale currently going on NOW? I keep finding conflicting stories.[/quote]

The sale is on until the 18th I believe. Some CC's have pulled most of the games until Sunday though. So YMMV on that. But if your CC hasn't pulled the games, then the sale is still on for you, otherwise gotta wait until the 11th. If the manager is a dick and won't honor the 4.99 price on anything left, just buy it at full sticker price and go back on the 11th and price match the games, for the difference + 10%.

So now instead of two separate topics on this where a lot of us were up to date, we have one messy large topic where the important information is hard to find. And the purpose of this was?

Once a thread gets this large, it is just going to make people post the same stuff over and over because nobody is going to take the time to read 100 pages of this topic. At least put the updated list on the first page.

What a bad idea to merge the two topics. It's not like there's so many video game deals this week that 2 CC threads were clogging up the board or anything.

Since when did CAG become a nazi-moderator board? It was always pretty chill before.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']Master list is on page 5 for those who can't find it.[/quote]

That's the old list. The updated list is buried somewhere much farther along.

There is a link on PAGE 101 to the master list.

I think I may go check again today for some games. I need to get my little cousin something for his B-DAY.

Who knows, maybe something NEW showed up...I doubt it though

[quote name='Tateman']They should lock this thread to open a new one with the list being the first post. :lol:[/quote]

Yes, please do
I'm not even kidding. This thread is now a clusterf**k

We had that already with the "unofficial" list, which was being updated regularly by some nice people, and then it got merged. Dumb. I agree with the thoughts of Tateman at this point, just make a new official thread and let someone who's nice enough to update the list make the first post with the list. Or let the first post just be moderated and updated by whatever mod wants to. In any case, the current situation is a mess.

[quote name='Tateman']They should lock this thread to open a new one with the list being the first post. :lol:[/quote]

[quote name='RavenHawk']Alright, I'll type real slow so eveyone can understand....I have the list....if I can't update it....what the hell is the point?[/quote]

Post your new updated list in the other thread. At least it would be on page one then. The person that started the other thread then can delete their list and point to your list, or constantly reupdate the first post list. They shoudl have just let you start a thread to sticky.

[quote name='RavenHawk']Alright, I'll type real slow so eveyone can understand....I have the list....if I can't update it....what the hell is the point?[/quote]

Sorry RavenHawk. The way thread merging works is kinda screwy and that's why your post got mixed in when Defender did it. I'd be happy to help you submit any edits you'd like to make. Just PM me. Oh and one more thing. Another CAGer posted links to scanned copies of the ACTUAL CC list. Check it out.

Im thinking about going to circuit city and just grabbing one of every game i see and take it to the check out line, and if the game doesn't ring to 4.99 i will say i don't want it. Because know one really knows all the games that are $4.99, maybe i will get lucky and get abunch.

Well, some people have said that there are leftovers at Circuit City warehouses, so I think that there is a chance that on Sunday, there may be more games at your local CC that weren't there before.

[quote name='rabbitt']Well, some people have said that there are leftovers at Circuit City warehouses, so I think that there is a chance that on Sunday, there may be more games at your local CC that weren't there before.[/quote]

Normally I'm not crazy about leftovers but bring em on! :twisted:

That is the list for that particular store only. It will be different for each store.

[quote name='daphatty'][quote name='RavenHawk']Alright, I'll type real slow so eveyone can understand....I have the list....if I can't update it....what the hell is the point?[/quote]

Sorry RavenHawk. The way thread merging works is kinda screwy and that's why your post got mixed in when Defender did it. I'd be happy to help you submit any edits you'd like to make. Just PM me. Oh and one more thing. Another CAGer posted links to scanned copies of the ACTUAL CC list. Check it out.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back