Old thread: New one linked in first and last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9443692

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% Trade Bonus (Various)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30trade.jpg

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new game only. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Soul Calibur V (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), SSX (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Max Payne 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Mass Effect 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Street Fighter X Tekken (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12). See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed Trade-In Value (3/1/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30guarantee2.jpg

Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/31/12 - 3/1/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 2/14/12 - 3/13/12). $30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new titles are priced at $59.99 (PS3, Xbox 360). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

Trade 3 get $10 (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$40 Hardware Bonus 360/PS3, $20/Wii (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $40 in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded, Get an extra $20 in-store credit when you trade any Wii.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

PS Vita Handheld Trade Up Offer (Ends 2/20/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade your old hand held system toward the purchase of a new PS Vita.

Offer valid only toward DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000, PSP-3000 or PSP Go. Full trade value must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new PS Vita. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.
5.gif

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
1/21/12 Base TIVs:

DS Lite (w/AC and stylus) $20
DS Car Charger Adapter $1

Nice timing on the bonus $15 for the DS Lite after getting a 3DS for Christmas.:)

[quote name='Burning Karma']Looks like the itrade page of GameStop's site is staying current....or the TIVs haven't changed much. Took my 4th Gen 64GB iPod Touch and traded it in today. $180 base + 30% extra = $234. Dudes working there were impressed. :D[/QUOTE]

Probably impressed because you somehow got a 30% bonus that doesn't exist.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Probably impressed because you somehow got a 30% bonus that doesn't exist.[/QUOTE]
The Steal of the Week coupon?

Originally Posted by captaintek3304
Probably impressed because you somehow got a 30% bonus that doesn't exist.

[quote name='Tsel']The Steal of the Week coupon?[/QUOTE]

lol

Damn, i have some games to trade in, but i cant decide if it would be better to just trade the 2 of them that are on the 40% bonus list, or wait and see if they have a better deal between now and the Vita coming out.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Damn, i have some games to trade in, but i cant decide if it would be better to just trade the 2 of them that are on the 40% bonus list, or wait and see if they have a better deal between now and the Vita coming out.[/QUOTE]

Chances are that even if they do have a better deal by that time, the games you're wanting to trade in will probably have dropped to the point where it's better off to just trade them in now.

[quote name='Link927']Actually, that's a real coupon you can get by points on Powerup Rewards[/QUOTE]

When was this coupon?

[quote name='captaintek3304']I just got $85 for my iPod, despite it being engraved. I expected a refurb fee at the very least, but they didn't seem to care. Best Buy told me they'd give me $5 for it. Soooo...I'll took the Gamestop deal.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is the absolute worst for trading in Electronics. They were offering me $42 for a Sony dedicated HD camcorder I had (which by the way was docked 30 frickin dollars for missing the paper manual, lol). I ended up selling it on ebay for $170.

I didn't even bother to check them for my 3rd Gen Nano 8GB. I compared Gamestop to ebay and they were about the same so I went to Gamestop and got $35 for it.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Best Buy is the absolute worst for trading in Electronics. They were offering me $42 for a Sony dedicated HD camcorder I had (which by the way was docked 30 frickin dollars for missing the paper manual, lol). I ended up selling it on ebay for $170.

I didn't even bother to check them for my 3rd Gen Nano 8GB. I compared Gamestop to ebay and they were about the same so I went to Gamestop and got $35 for it.[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily true. For example, BB is offering $70 for an iPod NANO (8 GB) 6th Generation. GS is only offering $60.

BTW, your 3rd Gen Nano 8GB would have only fetched $25 at BB.

Best Buy here is strict as hell, tried to trade in my PSP 2000 (Which had a tiny little scratch on the screen, which should be understandable for a 2+ year old handheld).

Instead, they first said they couldnt take it, then said they could but i'd only get like 10$

[quote name='dgwillia006']Best Buy here is strict as hell, tried to trade in my PSP 2000 (Which had a tiny little scratch on the screen, which should be understandable for a 2+ year old handheld).

Instead, they first said they couldnt take it, then said they could but i'd only get like 10$

Gamestop is offering $15 for Dead Island while Amazon is offering $20 for it. And I forgot to go to Gamestop today so I missed the 40% trade in.

Should I hold onto for the coming DLC or just sell it and pick it up again later?

I got $75 for my 1st gen 8GB iPod Touch.
The corners were pretty dented and the back had a lot of fine scratches, but all they really seemed to care about was the screen.

[quote name='ChosenOne1']Gamestop is offering $15 for Dead Island while Amazon is offering $20 for it. And I forgot to go to Gamestop today so I missed the 40% trade in.

Should I hold onto for the coming DLC or just sell it and pick it up again later?[/QUOTE]

I sold it to GameStop and got like $20+ with the bonus, and that's good value, but I'm kind of regretting it and now want to rebuy, and ebay prices on it always are above $30. I'm hoping eventually the game drops to $20 now.

[quote name='vincentgrey']I got $75 for my 1st gen 8GB iPod Touch.
The corners were pretty dented and the back had a lot of fine scratches, but all they really seemed to care about was the screen.[/QUOTE]

I am thinking about trading the same model in and the back has some bad scratches. Do you need to bring the case, the charger, and everything or is the ipod itself fine?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I sold it to GameStop and got like $20+ with the bonus, and that's good value, but I'm kind of regretting it and now want to rebuy, and ebay prices on it always are above $30. I'm hoping eventually the game drops to $20 now.[/QUOTE]

Ya, that's my problem at the moment. I am in school so I wouldn't probably touch the game for a few months or so. Just no time between school and friends to play. I play BF3 every once in awhile. I think it would be better to just sell it now and look again 6 months down the line.

[quote name='vincentgrey']I just brought the iPod and the usb cable. Im not sure if i even needed the usb cable or not, but I didnt want them to deduct it.[/QUOTE]
K thanks. I'm gonna go try and sell mine tomorrow. Hoping to get at least $65 for it. Need to save up for Mass Effect 3 CE.

Upcoming promos:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']
1-23 thru 2-5
Automatically done by the system:

$40 extra store credit on any PS3/360 system trade-in

$25 extra store credit on any handheld game system towards a Vita

Trade any 3 games get 10% extra credit, 5 games get 20%, 7 games get 30%

Get $30 guaranteed store credit when you trade FF XIII-2 within 30 days of release

Coupon codes [employee must scan coupon code from the marketing book]

Power trades: Get 25/35% extra store credit when trading in towards the purchase/pre-order of MW 3 or Prototype 2

Get 30/40% extra store credit towards the purchase/pre-order of the following games: FF XIII-2, SC 5, Twisted Metal, SSX, ME 3, SF x Tekken, RE: Operation Racoon City, Max Payne 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Preorder MLB 2K12, get $10 off NBA 2K12
Preorder The Darkness 2 or Spec Ops: The Line get $10 off Borderlands GotY Edition [/QUOTE]

Damn, was hoping for a 3 for 10$ deal.

And im guessing the 30/40% code works as long as you pre-order or pay toward something on the list? How does it determine which % you get

[quote name='dgwillia006']Damn, was hoping for a 3 for 10$ deal.

And im guessing the 30/40% code works as long as you pre-order or pay toward something on the list? How does it determine which % you get[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that's regular vs. PUR Pro.

I don't know why I cannot remember, but I just can't. In the 7 games get 30%, is that 30% of the total order or 30% extra on each game? And how does the 10% extra trade-in bonus factor in. Thats 10% extra on each game, right?

[quote name='ChosenOne1']I don't know why I cannot remember, but I just can't. In the 7 games get 30%, is that 30% of the total order or 30% extra on each game? And how does the 10% extra trade-in bonus factor in. Thats 10% extra on each game, right?[/QUOTE]

It comes out to the same amount. Doesn't matter if you do the math by each game or by the total. It's the same.

And yes, the 10% PUR stacks

[quote name='jza1218']I forget, if I trade stuff towards, say resident evil,then cancel the preorder, I still get the boost, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah

[quote name='esalw822']It comes out to the same amount. Doesn't matter if you do the math by each game or by the total. It's the same.

And yes, the 10% PUR stacks[/QUOTE]
Wow, epic fail on my part. Thanks.

1/24 Base TIV

PS3
Infamous 2 - $11

X360
Jumper - $0.50
Hitman Blood Money - $4
MLB 2K10 - $3

DS
New Super Mario Bros - $12
Mario Party - $9
M&L Partners in TIme - $10

PSP
Ben 10 Alien Force - $1.75

Went in today to find some 4 player Split Screen games and found a Mint copy of Perfect Dark Zero LE, the clerk had it in the back, $1.79, put a nice smile on my face to get a nice steelbook game with artwork.

Does anyone know the current TIV for the PSP GO, Component cables and a 16GB M2 memory card?

I might jump on that offer for the Vita + 32GB memory card.

[quote name='willynateDgreat']I'm curious why people would think of selling their Apple stuff at Gamestop - even Ebay would give you better prices.

Comments/reasons?[/QUOTE]Much less pain in the butt (gas, time to package something and drive to post office, possible scammer on ebay). Plus, if you are going to spend the money at gamestop, you get the tax benefit in most states. Mostly I think it is more convenient.

If anyone was wondering about value for the pspgo + 16GB card.

Base Values:
PSP GO 16GB - $30.00
16GB M2 Memory Stick - $22.00
HD Component Cable - Not Accepted

So if you are like me you are looking at $55.00 TIV + an additional $25.00 towards Vita.

Grand total in trade $80.00, not sure if PUR members get more, I should have asked.

I'm still not sure if I am going to pull the trigger for the trade since I like my PSX games on my GO.

[quote name='Raiden8816']If anyone was wondering about value for the pspgo + 16GB card.

Base Values:
PSP GO 16GB - $30.00
16GB M2 Memory Stick - $22.00
HD Component Cable - Not Accepted

So if you are like me you are looking at $55.00 TIV + an additional $25.00 towards Vita.

Grand total in trade $80.00, not sure if PUR members get more, I should have asked.

I'm still not sure if I am going to pull the trigger for the trade since I like my PSX games on my GO.[/QUOTE]

GS Employee told me they don't accept M2 Memory Sticks. Guess I'm gonna have to try again lol

[quote name='Pozessed']GS Employee told me they don't accept M2 Memory Sticks. Guess I'm gonna have to try again lol[/QUOTE]

I, too, had heard that. Hmmm...

[quote name='Pozessed']GS Employee told me they don't accept M2 Memory Sticks. Guess I'm gonna have to try again lol[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. It took the guy awhile but found the M2 16GB and quoted me $22.00.

I did some calculations at least for my potential Vita purchase;

$30.00 PSP GO BASE VALUE
$3.00 PUR 10%
----------
$33.00 Total

$22.00 16GB M2 MEMORY CARD
$2.20 PUR 10%
----------
$24.00 Total

$57.00 Total Credit before promotions
$25.00 Trade-In Promo towards PS VITA

$82.00 Grand Credit Total
$249.99 PS VITA
$99.00 32GB MEMORY CARD
----------
$348.99 Total
$31.75 Tax (9.1% Tucson AZ)
----------
$380.74 Grand Total
- $82.00 TIV Credit
----------
$298.74 Final Total

[quote name='Raiden8816']That's interesting. It took the guy awhile but found the M2 16GB and quoted me $22.00.

I did some calculations at least for my potential Vita purchase;

$30.00 PSP GO BASE VALUE
$3.00 PUR 10%
----------
$33.00 Total

$22.00 16GB M2 MEMORY CARD
$2.20 PUR 10%
----------
$24.00 Total

$57.00 Total Credit before promotions
$25.00 Trade-In Promo towards PS VITA

$82.00 Grand Credit Total
$249.99 PS VITA
$99.00 32GB MEMORY CARD
----------
$348.99 Total
$31.75 Tax (9.1% Tucson AZ)
----------
$380.74 Grand Total
- $82.00 TIV Credit
----------
$298.74 Final Total[/QUOTE]

PUR doesn't give the bonus on systems, so add another $3 to your final total.
final total = $301.74

Do gamestops pricematch their online pricing? I ask because I see preowned KoFXIII is 35 on the website, but the in-store is listed at 45. At 35 I might just bite.

Also am I able to pre-pay online if I put a local game on hold from their website?

[quote name='h4mx0r']Do gamestops pricematch their online pricing? I ask because I see preowned KoFXIII is 35 on the website, but the in-store is listed at 45. At 35 I might just bite.

Also am I able to pre-pay online if I put a local game on hold from their website?[/QUOTE]

No, they do not price match. If you try to do a local pickup, you have to pre-pay or enter in a PUR account number for it to process.

So would the M2 Memory Stick prices be the same as the regular Pro Duo Counterparts? (Provided the value hasnt changed).

Have one that i dont even have a use for

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back