OLEVIA 37" HDTV $647.00 At Frys.com

mv, i'm hoping *crosses fingers* standard 299-399. i know that's a pipe dream, but i do love seeing the prices plunge....hd for all!

[quote name='BasketCase1080']so wait, you have this exact model? Care to comment on the picture quality? I hate going into stores and looking at a screen since they always look awful! Is this because they have the same thing playing on all the screens that the quality looks so poor??[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love it. It looks greaaat. If it didn't, I would've kept it. ;) I've seen some screens handle SDTV stuff pretty poorly but this set does it really well, even when zoomed up. Not as good a CRT would but still, veeery good SD quality. The HD stuff looks fantastic. I have my xbox 360 on it for movies and games. Dead Rising is awesome and the text is readable!! Also, movies looks great. I watched The Incredibles, Matrix, 5th Element (Superbit), and LotR: Return of the King on it so far. Worth even dollar and then some.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Whats a 32 or 37" going to cost next year? Is the defacto standard living room size TV going to become 42"-52"?[/QUOTE]

I think next year or the year after, the 37s will go for 500 as a norm and the REALLY good BF deals will be 42s for 500. Last year the 32s were around 600-700 and that was a good deal then.

any opinions on the bill me later option on frys.com? I want this tv but my credit card limit is only 500. Figure it says 90 days no payments so I could just pay it off after Xmas?

Might want to reflect in the OP that this one has been backordered for anyone who ordered past Wednesday.

Im still tempted to bite, but most likely with the upcoming Day after christmas & super bowl sales, theres gonna be a lot of good deals coming up.

If they are backordered will they still honor the price if you ordered it? Or do they just cancel your order?

The backorder runs for 28 days, then you'll have to contact them if you want to continue with the back-order or after the 30th day it'll cancel automatically.

Thats the whole thing thats keeping me from jumping. We've been getting more and more drops as we get closer to christmas (and the many national sales that fall afterwards) so i dont wanna be tied down with a backorder. If their cancelation process is easy, it may be worth it to try; im gonna wait til i see the ads tomorrow before i decide.

Would i have a big problem connecting this to my 2 yr old Home theater system since it has no audio out?

Im looking to mainly use it with my 360 and 360 hd/dvd.

awww no tv tuner
I would of bought it if it had tv tuner.
I believe micro center just had these for sales on bf for $499 after 200 rebate.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Would i have a big problem connecting this to my 2 yr old Home theater system since it has no audio out?

Im looking to mainly use it with my 360 and 360 hd/dvd.[/QUOTE]

just hook the audio cables from your xbox (red and white cables) into your theater system, and the video cable (yellow) to the lcd screen.

Or if your theater has a video out just hook your 360 to the theater and use video out into the video in on the lcd screen.

[quote name='kev']People who proudly stand by their $1500 Sharps and Sonys are nuts as far as I'm concerned.[/quote] That's like comparing Hondas to Mercedes/BMWs. There will be people willing to and gladly dump $$$$$ more on a Mercede/BMW but I'm happy with my Honda.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Lack of tuner and audio out caused me to cancel my order, Iwill keep my eyes open for another deal.[/QUOTE]

what is the need for an audio out? PErsonally I am waiting for the olevia 537h to drop to about 700 again.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']what is the need for an audio out? PErsonally I am waiting for the olevia 537h to drop to about 700 again.[/QUOTE]

I guess my current Sony Wega has it and i like the option of sending audio to my HTS. Even though it's not 5.1 or more sound, I like it.

found the 532 for 699 at target. and im thinking about jumping on that. My space is a bit limited and i kinda want a screen larger than 27" (current) for my 360.

where was the 537 $699?

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Pics of the back of the 32" unit.

[/QUOTE]

according to their website , that set whether the 332 or 532 seems to have a dedicated headphone minijack...

"Audio Output - 1 R/L RCA Audio
Earphone Output 1 Stereo Mini Jack"

[quote name='NegativeZero']I guess my current Sony Wega has it and i like the option of sending audio to my HTS. Even though it's not 5.1 or more sound, I like it.

found the 532 for 699 at target. and im thinking about jumping on that. My space is a bit limited and i kinda want a screen larger than 27" (current) for my 360.

where was the 537 $699?[/QUOTE]

for audio out you use the headphone output with a audio adapter. that way you can hook up your stereo direct to the TV rather then a unit by unit basis.

The 337H also has a headphone out as well but no RCA audio output.

Just as a reminder, the 532 has an issue with any 480 sources that Olevia is declining from fixing. All 480 sources seem to have a horrible ghosting/stuttering issue. Seeing as how Negative is using it for 360 + HDDVD, then it's not much of an issue but just thought I'd throw that out there for others.

[quote name='orochi']The 337H also has a headphone out as well but no RCA audio output.

Just as a reminder, the 532 has an issue with any 480 sources that Olevia is declining from fixing. All 480 sources seem to have a horrible ghosting/stuttering issue. Seeing as how Negative is using it for 360 + HDDVD, then it's not much of an issue but just thought I'd throw that out there for others.[/QUOTE]

thanks,
would using dvds on the hd/dvd drive have that 480 problem?

[quote name='orochi']The 337H also has a headphone out as well but no RCA audio output.

Just as a reminder, the 532 has an issue with any 480 sources that Olevia is declining from fixing. All 480 sources seem to have a horrible ghosting/stuttering issue. Seeing as how Negative is using it for 360 + HDDVD, then it's not much of an issue but just thought I'd throw that out there for others.[/QUOTE]

is this problem found in the 537h or the 337h? I never heard about this.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']is this problem found in the 537h or the 337h? I never heard about this.[/QUOTE]

series 5 only, because the series 5 uses ATI and the series 3 does not. There seems to be some problem with the ATI and 480 input.

[quote name='NegativeZero']thanks,
would using dvds on the hd/dvd drive have that 480 problem?[/QUOTE]

It will if you play any Std Def DVDs through just the 360 because it only plays them at 480p. I dunno how the HD-DVD player handles SD-DVDs but if it also outputs to 480p, you'll have problems with it. If the HD-DVD takes SDs and HW scales it up to 720i/p or 1080i/p, then you shouldn't have any probs. To find out if there's any HW scaling, plug the 360 + HD DVD player to a LCDTV, play a SD-DVD and hit the display or info button for the TV. It'll tell you the resolution that it's currently outputting.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']series 5 only, because the series 5 uses ATI and the series 3 does not. There seems to be some problem with the ATI and 480 input.[/QUOTE]

It's actually any Olevia that uses the ATI chipset. Not just the 5 series. The 537 doesn't have that issue tho because it uses a MTK chipset. LINK to pics of the ghosting and stuttering as well as more info on the problems.

[quote name='orochi']It's actually any Olevia that uses the ATI chipset. Not just the 5 series. The 537 doesn't have that issue tho because it uses a MTK chipset. LINK to pics of the ghosting and stuttering as well as more info on the problems.[/QUOTE]

was just about to post that...
Im looking for a 537h now, just gotta find the right price. wish i would have been lloking more 2 weeks ago.

any way, any one have info on this? SOVA? but alas, no tuner.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=203533407&adid=17662#moreimg

So what's the deal with this backorder? As soon as they get a new shipment they ship it to those that ordered it right? I mean they already charged me. How long has it been on backorder and does anybody know when the next shipment is coming?

Well so much for the policy, I got charged and the item is on backorder.

Anybody know how long it's been on backorder and when the next shipment is expected to arrive?

Man I cancelled and picked up a Hitachi 51" CRT RP for like $720. I hope I made the right choice.

bread's done
Back