Online source for PS3 component cables?

icruise

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
My TV doesn't support HDMI, so I'm going to need some component cables. As I understand it, you need a special cable made for the PS3, so you can't just buy normal component cables like you might get for a DVD player. Does anyone know of an online source that has them in stock?

Yup. PS2 component cables work just fine.

Don't waste your money on any of the 3rd party component cables. I guarantee you won't be able to see a difference.

Heck, I don't even notice a difference between HDMI and component, and since my cable box is using the lone HDMI socket on my TV, I'm using component for my PS3.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Is HDMI supposed to be better than component?[/QUOTE]

It's a digital signal so it could be better, but it really depends on the TV. Most cheaper TVs convert HDMI to an analog signal anyway, so it's basically the same as component.

HDMI is way better than component.

With Digital connections there is virtually no chance for degredation of signals. IT's like Over the Air HDTV. Either you get a badass picture or corruption. And if you have a decent HDMI cable (lol $4 one from monoprice will do) It will be flawless.

It's better, but it's like the difference between DVI and VGA on a computer monitor. In practical terms, there's very little difference, especially in games.

bread's done
Back