(OOS)Gamestop.com- Sakura Wars: SLML Premium Edition In-Stock Used

There was a single copy left for almost two hours last night. I was hoping someone from CAG who wanted it would be awake then, but I guess people from CAG have to have LIVES. :p I'll keep an eye out in the future, though, in case anyone's still interested.

This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box.

so even though it says Premium you could still just end up with the disc only

With the code stacking that was going on, I just ordered a new copy of the game last week to guarantee a complete package.

damn how is there a wii version but not a ps3 or on the psn network? My ps2 broke and I have a ps3 slim. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i ordered a copy. ill let you know the condition when it arrives. If in terrible and incomplete ill just do a store return.

[quote name='Pokerbrat']How is Sakura Wars?

I have a wrapped Wii copy (backlog FTL)...[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed it and ended up playing it more than FFXIII. It sorta played like a mix of the Social Link aspect of Persona with a simplified Valkyria Chronicles battle system. Be warned though that the "dating sim" aspect of it is the majority of the game, so if you don't like anime character personalities, you'll most likely hate the game.

Found a store locally that has it, so I'm gonna go get it today. I'm not sweating the extra $2 discount online gets me.

EDIT: I just called the store and actually it turns out that the person who turned in the game did not turn in the premium bonus items, so no buy for me. She also told me that apparently i'ts not required to turn in the items when you sell the game so my advice to those buying online, beware.

Totally not surprising of GameStop at all. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='outkastx']I picked up a different PS2 RPG LE during the 40% off fiasco and it came with nothing but the disc...[/QUOTE]

I think GS was just getting back at you.

[quote name='TheKbob']I just bought a new copy... I don't really feel like taking the gamble on a used copy.[/QUOTE]

its not really taking a gamble if you have a local gamestop. they allow you to return to store for full refund. mine shipped yesterday and im eager to see if its complete. if not, i'll reorder it new for 30$ seeing that i applied the 25% coupon. i got the preowned for 20.99$

[quote name='ssjmichael']I like that it takes place in 1920's new york, but I don't think I'd be into the dating sim aspect. The artbook, poster and other extras don't really seem worth it for those paying premium to ensure those things. Just my opinion of course.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget the premium version came with another game disc with Japanese voice over. Some people will pay more just for it.

[quote name='eau']Don't forget the premium version came with another game disc with Japanese voice over. Some people will pay more just for it.[/QUOTE]

the used version should have that too.

[quote name='momouchi']I was going to buy this earlier and as soon as I added it to my cart, it was OOS. Any chance some more will pop up?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd just check back often. I've been checking every hour or two for a few hard-to-find games on Gamestop's website, and I check this one whenever I do so, too. If nothing else, just keep an eye out for this topic. I'll update it whenever more come back into stock. ;)

Knowing this game is in high demand, I happened to see a used copy at my local GS store yesterday and I picked it up. The guy trading it in included everything but the Gemini poster. If any CAG wants it, let me know.

[quote name='ShockandAww']If anyones looking for it new Amazon has 26 left as of right now and gamestop of course still has them new for 4.00 off using 10AUTO[/QUOTE]
Or use 15NEW for $6 off new, or 25OFF with $100 in total items for $10 off.

I got mine in today. It came in its original case with its original cover art and both disks, but no manual or bonuses. Still, I'm happy with the purchase I made, since all I wanted was the game and voiceover disk. :D

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Or use 15NEW for $6 off new, or 25OFF with $100 in total items for $10 off.[/QUOTE]

15NEW only works for PS3/360/Wii games.

[quote name='11440']Two used copies are in stock at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was actually just about to check. :p Updated the thread title.

[quote name='bitzer']15NEW only works for PS3/360/Wii games.[/QUOTE]
Oh, my bad. I didn't even think to check.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Thanks, I was actually just about to check. :p Updated the thread title.

Oh, my bad. I didn't even think to check.[/QUOTE]

It's funny, I was going to add it to my pre-order for the Legendary Edition of Halo: Reach, but apparently it's not going to work for me....

You can't apply the 25OFF to Halo, so it won't let you apply it to Sakura Wars...

You can apply 15NEW to Halo but, since Sakura Wars is PS2, you won't get the discount...

le sigh...

[quote name='bitzer']It's funny, I was going to add it to my pre-order for the Legendary Edition of Halo: Reach, but apparently it's not going to work for me....

You can't apply the 25OFF to Halo, so it won't let you apply it to Sakura Wars...

You can apply 15NEW to Halo but, since Sakura Wars is PS2, you won't get the discount...

le sigh...[/QUOTE]
You'd think it would be the other way around. :p I'd just do it on separate orders if I were you. Since you'll have to pay for the Legendary Edition's shipping regardless, and Sakura Wars will have free shipping anyway, why not do that and plug in some pre-orders with Sakura Wars? You can always cancel the pre-orders after Sakura Wars ships. :D

[quote name='RandyTsai']The game sucks. Just saying.[/QUOTE]
Really? I've only heard good things about it. Given, it seems you have to be into RPGs and think that dating sims are okay.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']You'd think it would be the other way around. :p I'd just do it on separate orders if I were you. Since you'll have to pay for the Legendary Edition's shipping regardless, and Sakura Wars will have free shipping anyway, why not do that and plug in some pre-orders with Sakura Wars? You can always cancel the pre-orders after Sakura Wars ships. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm giving it some serious thought, but my backlog is so huge, I'm not sure if I can justify the money for a game that I'm not really familiar with. To be fair, the only reason I'm even considering it is that it seems like it's hard to find and I might not have the chance to get a copy once I'm back "in the market."

I picked one up, thanks OP. I used 20USED for 20% off, edge for another 10% off and SAVER for free shipping. Came out to around $20+tax. Hopefully it will be complete.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Its only 29.99 NEW at FYE or 26.99 with their membership. The online reviews for this store are terrible, I don't know myself, as I've never dealt with them.

http://www.fye.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=82836160&extid=df00033[/QUOTE]

FYE = wherehouse.com, secondspin.com and used to be Media Play, Sam Goody, Music Land, and Suncoast

There are a few other stores mixed in there, but you get the idea. I've never had a bad experience with them.

[quote name='bitzer']I'm giving it some serious thought, but my backlog is so huge, I'm not sure if I can justify the money for a game that I'm not really familiar with. To be fair, the only reason I'm even considering it is that it seems like it's hard to find and I might not have the chance to get a copy once I'm back "in the market."[/QUOTE]

same

got my used 20$ copy without anything but case, frontart, and game discs. returned it to the store and reordered a new one online for 30$ w/ 25% honored.

[quote name='11440']Even new copies are out of stock now. Is this a rare title in the making?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing and of course my copy from Amazon comes today in a freakin' bubble mailer and it's been crushed...almost as bad of a packing job as Gamestop.

[quote name='sabanoo']I was thinking the same thing and of course my copy from Amazon comes today in a freakin' bubble mailer and it's been crushed...almost as bad of a packing job as Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I have an ominous feeling that my copy from Gamestop.com will arrive in the same condition. If so, my plan is to exchange it in-store.

[quote name='11440']Even new copies are out of stock now. Is this a rare title in the making?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me. Niche game, niche market, last gen game system.

[quote name='11440']I have an ominous feeling that my copy from Gamestop.com will arrive in the same condition. If so, my plan is to exchange it in-store.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I wonder where the nearest Amazon.com store is...

It's a dating sim with SRPG elements on a 10 year old game console... Something tells me that they didn't make very many of them. (I'm enjoying it)

Wow, a whole bunch just came into stock. I'm thinking about maybe re-ordering another PS2 one and seeing if I luck out this time around as far as the bonuses go. :p

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Wow, a whole bunch just came into stock. I'm thinking about maybe re-ordering another PS2 one and seeing if I luck out this time around as far as the bonuses go. :p[/QUOTE]

what i'm thinking is that they probably just toss the extra in order to reduce shipping costs. it seems like everyone that has ordered online has only received the game w/ the case and no manual.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Wow, a whole bunch just came into stock. I'm thinking about maybe re-ordering another PS2 one and seeing if I luck out this time around as far as the bonuses go. :p[/QUOTE]

The ones coming back are probably people who ordered them looking for complete sets but returned them when they arrived with just the disc... I'd like for some more new ones to become available...

bread's done
Back