Origin 60% off PC downloads sale - ME3 $12 BF3 $16 KOA $16

GameFlysBy

CAG Newbie
Not quite as good as the free origin games, but there are some pretty decent deals here. Slickdeals had the exact same sale last week.

Could only get the link to work by clicking the link on their site.

Update: This is working with the $20 survey coupon origin are sending out, check your email! You have to have a minimum of $19.99 in your shopping cart. Not all games are working with this but I can confirm that Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Mercenaries 2: World in Flames do.

Expires: 10/21/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
If you quit Origin or go offline when your downloading a game and it isn't yet complete, is the download progress saved, or do you have to start over again from the beginning?

[quote name='Idiotekque']If you quit Origin or go offline when your downloading a game and it isn't yet complete, is the download progress saved, or do you have to start over again from the beginning?[/QUOTE]

You can pause the download and close Origin and resume at a later point.

Having played BF3 for a few hours now, I have to say, the Origin client isn't actually that bad. Have they improved it or has it always been like this?

[quote name='Idiotekque']If you quit Origin or go offline when your downloading a game and it isn't yet complete, is the download progress saved, or do you have to start over again from the beginning?[/QUOTE]

Is better if you pause the download. It has happened to me twice that i close Origin without pausing a download in progress and end up getting stuck at 99%.

[quote name='GameFlysBy']Having played BF3 for a few hours now, I have to say, the Origin client isn't actually that bad. Have they improved it or has it always been like this?[/QUOTE]

I like Origin, as in, I can run most games without it being on (through exe). I don't know why people complain.

If anyone has a code they aren't going to use, I would greatly appreciate it. Missed out on this "sale" the last time, and would love to pick up some Sims 3 expansions for the wife. Just let me know and we can work something out, thank you!

[quote name='CKEStriker']Never got survey email. Le Sigh. Really wanted Sims 3 Generations and ME3. If any CAGer doesn't want their code and could spare me one?[/QUOTE]

ME3 doesn't work with the survey code, just FYI.

[quote name='jimmywolf13']what i find amusing in these comments is ppl asking "cheap ass gamers" if they want give away a $20 code[/QUOTE]

Lots of people on here give stuff away all the time. If I had one I wasn't using I'd give it, why not?

[quote name='GameFlysBy']Having played BF3 for a few hours now, I have to say, the Origin client isn't actually that bad. Have they improved it or has it always been like this?[/QUOTE]

They improved it, mostly by making it use less resources and doing some cosmetic improvements like the game icon feature.

Actually, out of all the game layouts from Steam, Gamefly, Impulse, etc, I prefer Origin. I like the greater reliance on the cover art, clean color scheme, and ability to easily increase and decrease the size of the icons. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a way to add in non-Origin games (with appropriate cover art for those games) or I might be tempted to run it as my first-level game client.

Heresy, I know. Hopefully Steam can copy/beat them on the layout soon, or someone jumps in with a third-party solution like Calibre does for ebooks.

I'm willing to trade or give a little cash via paypal for a coupon code, let me know if anyone has one they aren't using, it would be greatly appreciated. Missed the last "sale" and would love to jump on this deal to grab some Sims 3 expansions for my wife. Thanks for your time, just shoot me a pm and we can work something out.

[quote name='naughtynuggetz']I'm willing to trade or give a little cash via paypal for a coupon code, let me know if anyone has one they aren't using, it would be greatly appreciated. Missed the last "sale" and would love to jump on this deal to grab some Sims 3 expansions for my wife. Thanks for your time, just shoot me a pm and we can work something out.[/QUOTE]

Someone gave me a free code and I tried it on Sims 3 Deluxe and it wouldn't work :(

Not sure if it works on the expansions.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Someone gave me a free code and I tried it on Sims 3 Deluxe and it wouldn't work :(

Not sure if it works on the expansions.[/QUOTE]

Thats a bummer, anyone tried it on any of the Sims 3 expansions with success? Thats really all I was interested in, I'm not a big PC gamer myself. My wife loves the Sims though..

[quote name='naughtynuggetz']Thats a bummer, anyone tried it on any of the Sims 3 expansions with success? Thats really all I was interested in, I'm not a big PC gamer myself. My wife loves the Sims though..[/QUOTE]

I don't know about this other expansions but it did work for me with the sims 3 plus pets. there might be some hope for the other expansions.

[quote name='akmgmer']I don't know about this other expansions but it did work for me with the sims 3 plus pets. there might be some hope for the other expansions.[/QUOTE]

Ah, maybe it was only Deluxe then? I got KoA instead, but would have gone with Sims 3 plus Pets had I known :(

As probably noted, my original coupon was sitting in my junk folder. So I had to reset mail from origin and lo and behold, my coupon was in my regular mail.

KOA and Alice for $4 each is pretty sweet

Christmas came early, I got in on the original deal and got about 6 EA games (the ones i didn't already have) and now I got KoA+Gatling gears for free too!

Thanks for reminding me to check my email OP. :D

Got BF3 + Mercenaries 2 for free using coupon

Totals 5 free games on origin, BF3, Mirror's Edge, The Saboteur, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Mercenaries 2 :)

Thanks for whoever originally posted the link to that VGD Promo.

I went ahead and got NFS Shift 2, FIFA 12, and MOH Airborne.
[quote name='GameFlysBy']Did you have multiple survey coupons or were some from last weekend?[/QUOTE]
Probably from last weekend.

[quote name='GameFlysBy']Did you have multiple survey coupons or were some from last weekend?[/QUOTE]

I used 3 last weekend via some minor exploits ( code back then was universal )

I got send another code, but this time it was unique.

[quote name='Papytendo']Not as good as their fall sale a couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

It was the end of summer fire sale dude. Get it right. Anyways ME3 for 10 dollars and BF3 premium status for 50% off, then I'll get them.

Got C&C Red Alert 3, Tiger Woods Masters 12, and Gatling Gears for free with coupon. I also got ME2 for free last week with the other coupon. Big thanks to all you CAGers.

[quote name='trogoldito']Got C&C Red Alert 3, Tiger Woods Masters 12, and Gatling Gears for free with coupon. I also got ME2 for free last week with the other coupon. Big thanks to all you CAGers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got Tiger 12 also and I wish I hadn't. I started installing it last night went looking for some info on whether or not it supports controllers. It doesn't, in fact its not really Tiger 12. Its a glorified version of Tiger Woods Online. I was disappointed to say the least.

The Sims 3 expansions have been cheaper ~$12 a piece for Late Night, Pets, Ambitions, etc. Hoping Black Friday will bring in some TS3 expansions for cheap!

I still never got the damn coupon. But if I'm remembering correctly I encountered the Origin glitch from way back that never let me verify my email address. Guess I can try again for future deals. I have coupons from Monopoly too so wonder if they'll stack on the % off.

Nevermind...finally got my email verified so that's good news, but I didn't realize the dumb MCD codes were for sports games online. Sigh, oh well.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']The Sims 3 expansions have been cheaper ~$12 a piece for Late Night, Pets, Ambitions, etc. Hoping Black Friday will bring in some TS3 expansions for cheap![/QUOTE]

Example:
Gamersgate recently had The Sims 3: Showtime for $6, last Saturday.

[quote name='MysterD']Example:
Gamersgate recently had The Sims 3: Showtime for $6, last Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I really wish I had the Sims 3 from this deal one week ago. I probably would have gotten that. I hope they put it on sale again.

I know I'm in the minority but taking advantage of "glitches" ( or whatever you want to call it to make it okay) really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know, I know...EA is evil, they're a big company, etc, etc but I would guess they would be less likely to have any such offers again. I don't make shelling out $$ to the people who make games.

[quote name='usickenme']I would guess they would be less likely to have any such offers again.[/QUOTE]
One would hope this would make them actually pay attention to their programming and website before running a deal again. I mean, this started with a coupon that you could continually reuse during a single purchase. No need to play with cookies or caches or anything, just pick a game, apply coupon to make it $0.00, pick another game, apply coupon, etc until you had a shopping cart full of $0.00 games then check out. Conceivably, you could do all this and not even be aware that it's "wrong" since it required no deliberate action on the customer's part to cheat the company. That's just laughably poor programming on EA's part. Plenty of companies manage to have give-aways and coupons all the time without this being an issue.

I actually think the whole survey coupon debacle will be good for EA. They got lots of new users to sign up and use the origin client to play their free games and some of those users will more than likely buy more games via the origin client in the future.

[quote name='GameFlysBy']I actually think the whole survey coupon debacle will be good for EA. They got lots of new users to sign up and use the origin client to play their free games and some of those users will more than likely buy more games via the origin client in the future.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty much convinced it was a marketing ploy.

Is the 60% off from videogamecoupons.org not working for anyone else now? After applying the coupon you are taken to the Origin home page and the deals are not present. :(

Have spare code. PM me.

Edit: Code has been sent to the first person that replied.

[quote name='venompsx']Is the 60% off from videogamecoupons.org not working for anyone else now? After applying the coupon you are taken to the Origin home page and the deals are not present. :([/QUOTE]
Same for me :(

[quote name='Phame']Have spare code. PM me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the code! :D

[quote name='Syntax Error']One would hope this would make them actually pay attention to their programming and website before running a deal again. I mean, this started with a coupon that you could continually reuse during a single purchase. No need to play with cookies or caches or anything, just pick a game, apply coupon to make it $0.00, pick another game, apply coupon, etc until you had a shopping cart full of $0.00 games then check out.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it didn't even take that. Add games you want to your cart. Apply coupon. $20 subtracted from the price of each.

Yeah I've been trying all night but I can't get the 60% off link to work, tried clearing cache and a bunch of browsers but nothing worked. Really wanted to pick up KOA for 16 cause that's the best price I'll probably ever find it. What a weird way to apply a coupon.

did this expire yet? just making sure.

sig.jpg

The top of the webpage says it expires at 11:59PM PST (which has past now) and the bottom of the page says 10:00AM PST.
Nice of them to be clear about it. LOL :)

[quote name='TheLastTankMage']Yeah I've been trying all night but I can't get the 60% off link to work, tried clearing cache and a bunch of browsers but nothing worked. Really wanted to pick up KOA for 16 cause that's the best price I'll probably ever find it. What a weird way to apply a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has an upcoming sale on EA games that will include KOA with DLC for $12.

bread's done
Back