"Original Formula" Mt Dew & Pepsi

No, i havn't seen this lately, But ill check my local grocery store tomorrow. What I'm hoping for is to see this in "Amp" (Mt. Dew energy drink)

I'm glad to find others are as happy about this as i am. :)

I enjoy the "Throwbacks" for both Pepsi & Mtn Dew, they actually taste like i remember from my childhood. I had forgotten how much the taste changed.

Hoping these stick around for a while. Maybe they'll eventually make Livewire with sugar! ;)

Just wish they would bring back the short 16oz glass bottles with the styrofoam labels that acted as insulation....

I picked up a 12 of Dew this afternoon and I'm very happy to report that it is not only made with real sugar but also with WIN! Its really good! Its a bit more subdued than regular Dew. That is to say it greets the palate smoothly. I'm very pleased and I hope they keep it around for a while. Pepsi, you're next!

I got to try some of the pepsi throwback yesterday. I thought it was good, but I couldn't notice a huge difference. I hope they keep it around for a while.

I got some of the pepsi over the weekend, there is definitely a difference in the taste, it seems less sweet. I like it.

Had a bottle of the Mountain Dew over the weekend as I drove up to C-bus. Color me impressed. The flavor was different enough, yet similar. The biggest difference to me, and I may be wrong since I don't drink Dew often and nobody else has mentioned it - this drink seems "thinner" than standard Dew.

Like, it didn't feel as heavy/syrupy, nor did it feel like it left a sugary coating on my throat. It tasted good and then disappeared.

That was the best part about it, honestly.

[quote name='mykevermin']Had a bottle of the Mountain Dew over the weekend as I drove up to C-bus. Color me impressed. The flavor was different enough, yet similar. The biggest difference to me, and I may be wrong since I don't drink Dew often and nobody else has mentioned it - this drink seems "thinner" than standard Dew.

Like, it didn't feel as heavy/syrupy, nor did it feel like it left a sugary coating on my throat. It tasted good and then disappeared.

That was the best part about it, honestly.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I want to try a bottled version though, I had a can and felt that drinking it was more to the liking of flavored water, than say heavy syrup soda.

It went down smooth, and didn't have a heavy sweet, just a regular sweet. Like what sugar is!

I am hoping they will release it to other stores, so far only one WM has it... and it makes me sad... out of the way to get there.

I think if they got rid of the brominated oil, Mt Dew would taste better... but that's just an opinion...

Let me know if anyone in So Cal spots this. I tried my local Ralph's and got bupkus. I'll look at Target or Albertsons if I know the ones in the area might be stocking it.

I don't really buy soda, I have it maybe once a week or so mainly because I don't really like the intensely syrupy/sugary taste... but I really like the pepsi throwback. Tastes very naturally sweet, very good.

[quote name='thack']Subsidies for American corn growers + Tariffs on foreign sugar imports to protect America's small sugar industry= Crappy soda for America.

On a side note, has anyone tried the Dublin Dr. Pepper with cane sugar. I've heard it's very good. For my money, though, nothing tops Ski in a glass bottle.[/QUOTE]

Dublin Dr Pepper is awesome... I believe that bottler is the only one in the country that still makes Dr Pepper the original way... had someone in TX ship us a case of it a couple years ago... delicious

Looking forward to scoring some of the throwback Pepsi and Mt Dew as well...

I like sodas, but generally drink them in evenings as a sugary pick me up from my workout, favorite current sodas are Cheerwine (cherry soda popular in carolinas) and Manzanita Sol (apple soda from Pepsi thats sold in southwest, and tastes like sparkling apple juice... a reminder of an old soda: Apple Slice)

[quote name='mykevermin']cheerwine tastes like canned sparkling dick.[/QUOTE]

Your opinion, though Id hate to hear how you were able to make such a comparison ;)

Please remember: Natural sugar can settle. If your soda has been in the fridge for more than 48 hours, you need to shake the can well to mix the sugar properly.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Please remember: Natural sugar can settle. If your soda has been in the fridge for more than 48 hours, you need to shake the can well to mix the sugar properly.[/quote]
This man speaks the truth...

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Please remember: Natural sugar can settle. If your soda has been in the fridge for more than 48 hours, you need to shake the can well to mix the sugar properly.[/QUOTE]

Hadn't even thought of that, thanks for the heads up!

Well I have looked at several places for this now and I have not found any of them at all.

But I did buy a 6-pack of Dublin Dr. Pepper just now. :drool:

The distribution for this doesn't seem very well implemented. I've gone to about 6 stores in my area and only one of those stores every got a significant supply of the 12 packs. One of the Walmarts in the area had 4 12 packs last week, and they still haven't restocked.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']The distribution for this doesn't seem very well implemented. I've gone to about 6 stores in my area and only one of those stores every got a significant supply of the 12 packs. One of the Walmarts in the area had 4 12 packs last week, and they still haven't restocked.[/QUOTE]

Yep, epic fail ... kinda similar to the dewmocrocy voting on the new flavors... only 'that' one WM would get them, while 2 others... nothing.

It sucks!

[quote name='mykevermin']cheerwine tastes like canned sparkling dick.[/quote]

are you referring to this?
spotted-dick.jpg

Never had that but, I kind of agree. I found Cheerwine to be abit boring.

I can only find the throwbacks in the 12 pack cans. Are they shipping them in 20 oz bottles too?

[quote name='zman73']Your opinion, though Id hate to hear how you were able to make such a comparison ;)[/quote]

I would like to see the marketing behind canned sparkling dick or the finished product.

[quote name='homeland']are you referring to this?
spotted-dick.jpg

Never had that but, I kind of agree. I found Cheerwine to be abit boring.
[/quote]

Would that can of dick explode in the microwave?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Please remember: Natural sugar can settle. If your soda has been in the fridge for more than 48 hours, you need to shake the can well to mix the sugar properly.[/quote]

I agree. Also, shake vigorously as the sugar can never be too blended. I also advise opening the can directly in front of one's face to ensure no sugar particulates can be spotted grouping.

(I can't help but think of the Simpson's episode where Bart puts the can of beer in the paint shaker at the hardware store.)

[quote name='shadowkast']they make a coke during passover, or whatever, that is koscher.....that is really good. Had the pepsi throwback the other day, didn't care for it....tasted kinda like hat pepsi zero stuff[/QUOTE]

Actually, they make it year-round. Coke has a longstanding bond with the orthodox Jewish community because they were willing to sell into the Israeli market when all of the Arab markets boycotted anyone doing business with Israel. Back in the 70s, a Coca-Cola bottle with Hebrew text and logo was a popular souvenir of a trip to the region.

So if you have a heavily Jewish neighborhood within convenient travel, you can find kosher Coke throughout the year.

I haven't seen it here yet in Colorado. Any sighting from Colorado?

I tried to order the Dublin Dr. Pepper but shipping for a 2 -24 case was $25 plus an extra $5 for packaging, grand total $50!!! Shit I rather get a case of beer instead!

[quote name='blueweltall']I haven't seen it here yet in Colorado. Any sighting from Colorado?

I tried to order the Dublin Dr. Pepper but shipping for a 2 -24 case was $25 plus an extra $5 for packaging, grand total $50!!! Shit I rather get a case of beer instead![/quote]

That's because you aren't in Texas man! We can get a 24 pack down here for around $10 at Walmart.

[quote name='darthbudge']That's because you aren't in Texas man! We can get a 24 pack down here for around $10 at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

quit rubbing it in :cry:

I'd kill zombies to get some...

I just picked up a 12-pack of mt. Dew at albertsones and did a side by side comparison, I prefer the new "throwback"

Well I tried some yesterday, while it's much better, I really don't like Mountain Dew at all. And the Pepsi didn't taste much different, but than I don't drink much Pepsi at all.

Kmart here forgot to put deposit on the 12-packs of Mountain Dew Throwback, so I was walking out with the equivalent of $1.80 12 packs of cans :D Stockpiled like a fat man at McDonalds.

Now that I've tried both, I have to say that pepsi is just bad no matter how it's made. But the throwback pepsi is a bit more bearable.

Mt Dew on the other hand, tastes much better. I did a blind taste test and could tell the difference by a mile. I'd buy regular Dew much more often if they made it with reugular sugar allthe time.

Picked up a couple 12 packs of each yesterday... prefer the Mt Dew to the Pepsi, but I enjoy the both of them alot

[quote name='rabbitt']Saw some 12 packs of Dew and Pepsi at Target, but couldn't find the 20oz bottles.[/quote]
Yeah, they're part of the 3 for $10 sale here, I might have to grab a case after hearing positive comments about it.

Had to drive 20 minutes to get some. The place supposedly only had 20 oz. bottles, but turned out to have 12 packs of the Mountain Dew. I picked up 1 of those and a 20 oz. bottle of Pepsi Throwback for about $5.50 total.

I rarely drink soda, and I'm just finishing up my cherry Dr. Pepper 20 oz. from over a week ago. But hopefully the Throwbacks are worth it.

.... And I just tried some of the Pepsi. It seems smoother... less tangy and less bubbly. Pretty good, but I don't have regular Pepsi to compare it to. With Mountain Dew, I'll be able to compare.

I've got a case of the Mt. Dew Throwback and I really like it, but I like regular Dew anyway. I haven't tried them side-by-side but I think the Throwback is a little less sweet than regular.

I can't stand Pepsi in any form so I won't be trying that.

I agree. I just tried regular Mountain Dew followed by Throwback. Throwback has less zip/tang to it, but I like it better. My mom, a daily drinker of "new" Mountain Dew, prefers the HFCS formula.

bread's done
Back