"Original Formula" Mt Dew & Pepsi

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I've got a case of the Mt. Dew Throwback and I really like it, but I like regular Dew anyway. I haven't tried them side-by-side but I think the Throwback is a little less sweet than regular.

I can't stand Pepsi in any form so I won't be trying that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can't stand the taste of Pepsi either but the new Throwback Pepsi is pretty good, no bad after taste. I was surprise since I normally hated the taste of Pepsi.

I heard they have a Pepsi "natural". If its anything like whole foods coke they need to bring that shit out too. So damn good.

[quote name='homeland']I heard they have a Pepsi "natural". If its anything like whole foods coke they need to bring that shit out too. So damn good.[/QUOTE]

Whole Foods sells a different brand Coke???

I bought the throwback Pepsi a week ago before I knew they changed anything, just thinking it was a new case and can design and I didn't really notice a difference.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Whole Foods sells a different brand Coke???[/QUOTE]

I think he means their store brand of coke. All of their sodas are made with natural ingredients (obviously)

Haven't tried them (or the new pepsi/mt dew) yet.. but really have been wanting soda lately..so I might try these all soon.

Damn CAG, I've been trying to eat better. And all CAG has is, "Best burger thread" and now this? I've cut out soda, but now I'm gonna have to try this...

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Whole Foods sells a different brand Coke???[/QUOTE]

Its the store brand. 365 I think its called. It seems to have the same ingredients as Pepsi Natural. I highly suggest it. It has a great nutty taste.

[quote name='normalmode']Over 100 replies and not one Throwback Mountain joke? Weak.[/QUOTE]

thats cause gamers take their soda seriously. i have to try this new pepsi though. still miss pepsi blue.:cry:

Grabbed a 12 of each when I saw them, but sadly I have not seen it ANYWHERE since. So much for a 6-8 week run.

These are back for a limited time again. I've found the Mountain Dew, but not the Pepsi.

It's almost a moot point for me as I found a store that sells Mexican Coke. But I prefer Mtn Dew over colas so it's cool that it's back.

I saw 12-pack cans of dr. pepper, pepsi, and mountain dew at the Wegmans near me (they also have Mexican Coke and Mexican Fanta regularly). Hadn't tried the Dr. Pepper so I picked that one up. It's good, I'm not sure I can tell as much of a difference though.

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']because high fructose corn syrup is cheaper than real sugar.

profits>consumers[/QUOTE]

This. Remember to sue the fuck out of Pepsi Co./Coca Cola when we all get really fucked up due to the amount of corn syrup in everything we eat/drink.

[quote name='SpazX']I saw 12-pack cans of dr. pepper, pepsi, and mountain dew at the Wegmans near me (they also have Mexican Coke and Mexican Fanta regularly). Hadn't tried the Dr. Pepper so I picked that one up. It's good, I'm not sure I can tell as much of a difference though.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you about it not tasting any differently. I would have to say that the mountain dew is the better of the Throwbacks.

[quote name='sonderiaom']I definitely agree with you about it not tasting any differently. I would have to say that the mountain dew is the better of the Throwbacks.[/QUOTE]

I think the only time you can taste the difference is in the aftertaste, it just tastes a little better at the end.

I want to try that heritage dr. pepper, this time the stores around here don't seem to be stocking this stuff like last time.

Just a nice FYI this run of Mountain Dew Throwback has orange juice concentrate added in. That should explain the better taste this time around since Mountain Dew originally had orange juice concentrate in it. The first run from last year was lacking it however.

The ingredients list on the bottles last time around listed the orange juice. I remember thinking it strange that it was there. I thought I still had one of the bottles, but I just recently cleaned out my car. (yeah it was a mess.) I definitely remember from comparing labels of throwback to regular.

From BevReview:

Mountain Dew Throwback (April 2009 Version)
Carbonated water, sugar, citric acid, natural and artificial flavor, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), caffeine, gum arabic, brominated vegetable oil, Yellow 5

Mountain Dew Throwback (December 2009 Version)
Carbonated water, sugar, orange juice concentrate, citric acid, natural flavor, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), caffeine, sodium citrate, gum arabic, erythorbic acid (preserves freshness), calcium disodium EDTA (to protect flavor), brominated vegetable oil, Yellow 5

HFCS Mountain Dew
Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, concentrated orange juice, citric acid, natural flavor, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), caffeine, sodium citrate, erythorbic acid (preserves freshness), gum arabic, calcium disodium EDTA (to protect flavor), brominated vegetable oil, Yellow 5

Looks like the current Throwback is pretty much the same as the HFCS version except for the sugar type used.

I tried the Pepsi last weekend. I liked it better than the current shit. I saw some Mt. Dew at Target yesterday, but didn't buy any. Would like to try it.

My local Walmart has Throwback Pepsi, I bought all their stock. They had Throwback Mountain Dew but I don't care for Mountain Dew.

I'm loving these throwback drinks. For health reasons, I'm not supposed to be eating or drinking anything with HFCS. I'm hoping this stuff stays around, otherwise its back to buying specialty sodas at Trader Joe's.

[quote name='JolietJake']I want to try that heritage dr. pepper, this time the stores around here don't seem to be stocking this stuff like last time.[/QUOTE]

Apparently the Heritage Dr. Pepper's are only available where Dr. Pepper is also bottled by Pepsi.

And stock varies as well. The release is supposed to be on an 8 week run starting Dec. 28th, but I didn't see anything appear on store shelves around here until the middle of January.

I stocked up at Target last week when they had a sale on Pepsi products. I wasn't really that impressed by Heritage Dr. Pepper, but I'm glad to have the return of Pepsi Throwback. They need to make this stuff year round.

Heritage Dr. Pepper has a really strange aftertaste unlike Throwback Mountain Dew (which I love)

My local Wal-Mart had a giant stack of 12 packs of all three. I'll need to go grab some more Throwback Mountain Dew.

My Super Target is supposed to carry it, but unfortunately the Pepsi plant can't keep up with the demand.

I really don't feel like going out of town just to try it... so I'll wait and pray (not really) that we get some in.

Found the Throwback Pepsi and Mt. Dew in 20 oz. bottles yesterday. The Dew is pretty good. I only bought one, since I don't really drink Dew anymore.

bread's done
Back