OTT 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme & EVERYTHING Else Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should've paid me to watch the Dexter finale. Holy shit, did that ever suck.

I don't know why they did such a bad job with this season. Last season was really good, and yet everyone says that they really fucked this one up. It doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to write a final season of Dexter. All the pieces were in place to end the show on a high note.

Guess I will wait for it to go cheap before I pick it up.

Ending up having our dinner date night tonight instead. Now to get the baby to sleep and maybe polish off Peace Walker.

Any of you guys tried the All Dressed Ruffles chips?  My wife brought some back from her trip to Canada and they are amazing.  They're only available in Canada unfortunately.

Kettle Brand makes a Baked BBQ that is awesome for a Baked Potato Chip.  Nice flavor and a great crunch.  It's real potatoes, not a mash that is reassembled.

No, but I've had Lay's tomato and basil chips and those were yummy. At least I think that was the flavor. Something like that.
Yeah, tomato and basil. They're a little thin but really good.

I really enjoy the Sea Salt & Garlic ones as well.

Potato chips every day with lunch.

I love how thin Lays chips are. They practically melt. I think they probably use some sort of radioactive mutant alien technology in the production of those chips.

Hmm, I don't think I've tried the tomato & basil ones.  I'll have to pick up a bag next time I'm in the supermarket. I'll keep an eye out on those Kettle ones too.  Thanks for the rec's!

The grocery store recently had the Lay's Cheesy Garlic Bread and Lay's Chicken and Waffles on sale, so I went ahead and picked them up.  The Garlic Bread one was just okay.  Not bad, but not something I would ever crave.  The Chicken and Waffles one remains unopened.

Speaking of which, has anyone been to a Chicken and Waffles restaurant before?  I haven't, just wondering how good it is.

Rainy Friday.

I agreed to work an extra day this week (Shift Incentive pay!) so that hsould make up for the wife's Costco trips and college bills that have happened in the past month.

Finished Peace walker, might start Neir next.

What's the OTT thinking about that Steam controller?
It looks different, but it seems like it have more functionality and mapping.

I'd still much rather see a Steam Handheld. I don't think some of those indie games will translate will to the big screen (FTL, Super Meat Boy, Hotline, Miami).

I bought a few games during the last Steam sale. (My first Steam Purchases EVER!) But I still haven't barely played them. It just isn't comfortable sitting at a table playing on a lap top as opposed to laying down on the couch with a controller.

I finally got my new computer together. I had problems with my first build. I kept getting constant device connect/disconnects. It was driving me crazy and I couldn't isolate it. I suspected one of two things. Defective motherboard or bad/incompatible power supply.

So it cost me a little extra because I got a new board and power supply, but now it works perfectly.

Haswell i5-4670k - $200

8 GB DDR3 1600 Ram - $60

Asrock Z87 Extreme6 Board - $140

Corsair H50 Water Cooler - $50

Rosewill Blackhawk Case - $60

GTX 760 - $250 w/ Splinter Cell Blacklist

Blu-Ray RW - $70

Intel 802.11 AC wireless receiver - $45

XFX 850 Watt Power Supply - $135

500 GB SSD - $320

2 TB Hard Drive - $100

My goal without SSD was to be around $1000. So I'm a little over.

One thing I will say, 802.11 AC is legit. I'm connected wirelessly and I'm getting the full 50 MBps from my cable modem across the room. I would recommend an 802.11 Ac router and wireless connector. At first I was worried the 802.11Ac wasn't going to be that big of an improvement. But it's waaaay better then wireless-N.

Are SSDs coming down in price at all?  It looks like mine is starting to shit the bed (that's what I get for buying a low-end one) and I'm looking to upgrade once I get a job again.  Probably go at least 128GB this time.

Sweet.  If I make this full time position I'll make an absurd amount of money so I'll finally be able to put some more cash into my rig (been ~2-3 years since I built it).

Since I'm recording both breaking bad and another show I can't watch football. So I pulled it up on NBC.com. I'm impressed with the stream quality.

They also have a sweet PiP with sideline and other video.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Steam controller is whacky, but I'd like to try it. I'm worried about the price. Steam Machines are interesting. I would rather get a non-Windows gaming machine so that's good, but again I'm worried about the price. Should be cheaper than a Windows box, but I'm guessing it's still going to be a lot more than a console. Also it all depends on if they can convince game developers to develop for it. The streaming stuff doesn't interest me much, since I don't have a gaming PC to begin with.

NBC really does it right with that. I wish Sunday Ticket Max worked as well as the NBC feed did.
I forgot to cancel my Sunday Ticket package and then ended up getting this year's for free. (Well, I did make one payment on it, which prompted me to call and try to cancel.)

Still haven't watched one game all this season though. I spent last Sunday watching Lego Friends videos and quickly checking the scores with Google News.

Didn't even think of trying to watch. Doubt my internet could handle that though, seeing as how Amazon Instant Video and Youtube were both running at the same time on separate devices.

PSA: If you have a retail PC copy of BioShock 2 it now registers into Steam and comes with all the DLC free.  Also GFWL has been yanked from it and it now contains Steam achievements and full controller support.

PSA: If you have a retail PC copy of BioShock 2 it now registers into Steam and comes with all the DLC free. Also GFWL has been yanked from it and it now contains Steam achievements and full controller support.
Thanks for letting me know. The DLC for that game is the best mang.

I was playing some GTA Online a couple days ago, but today it was super slow and times out a lot.  I hope they get that worked out.  Back to the single player in the meanwhile.  I like it a lot, but I wish the cops weren't attracted so easily, and weren't so boring to get rid of.  You have to hide forever, it's a chore.

I havent been too impressed with the online either so far.  Very slow and laggy.  I had a car almost hit me then went to jack it and there was nobody in it!  Definitely not too polished.

I started up GTA Online and after finishing character creation, my character was just dropped from about 20 feet in the air by the big Vinewood sign with the intro not triggering. I had to jump to a new server for the intro to happen.

GF's dad is getting the PS4.  I hope I can play with it when I go home for Christmas.  I have so many PS3 games to play still.

Google needs to announce the nexus 5 release date. I would like to ditch Verizon before my next billing cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me to move on to PS4 they'd have to cut the umbilical cord called PS Plus first. Why give up on the PS3 when I still have all these free games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back