OTT 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme & EVERYTHING Else Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Weiners sexting avatar was named Carlos Danger! Carlos Danger! Not since Ron Mexico have we had such an epic failure.

You guys gotta get up on those steam badges I'm already at 21.

You get a number of benefits including.
- higher cap to friends list.
- ability to display more items on personalizing page (screen shots, trade items, Cheevos, etc)
- bonus emoticons and backgrounds for your personal page
- every 20 Levels you get a 20% bonus to get random card drops. Which you can sell or use to level up. I think a booster is worth around a dollar.

I'm happy that KR0 is on sale.  It was up for community vote and fucking Dragon's Lair won for some reason.  Actually getting it at that price is a nice post sale bonus.

I'm happy that KR0 is on sale. It was up for community vote and fucking Dragon's Lair won for some reason. Actually getting it at that price is a nice post sale bonus.
Yeah I was really bummed when that happened. I couldn't believe it. I think the other choice was Evoland or something like that. So I thought for sure people would vote for KR0.

I'm happy that KR0 is on sale. It was up for community vote and fucking Dragon's Lair won for some reason. Actually getting it at that price is a nice post sale bonus.
The community votes were weird for most of the Summer Sale, as games that were already featured deals on the front page usually won those votes for no reason.

I started playing FTL on my laptop this morning. Seems fun, but I figure I've boxed myself into a corner. I already had to use a distress beacon once.

I really considered getting a couple RPGs that aren't avalialbe on :ps3: like THe Wticher  and KOTOR.  

Wasn't completely sure how they'd handle with just a keyboard and no external mouse or gamepad.

Tried the demo of Last Remanant. It ran, but control was difficult.

Got back from Comic Con and I'm exhausted. So much walking around with heavy things. Still need to sort thru my things.Got all the exclusives I really wanted. Most of it is a blur though. I couldn't even tell you what system I was playing ducktales on.

The community votes were weird for most of the Summer Sale, as games that were already featured deals on the front page usually won those votes for no reason.
I think 80 percent of the stuff I voted for was a loser, and I voted a lot. Still surprised that SF X TEKKEN wasn't on sale for 10 bucks. I would have bought that instead of MK. Also would have snagged FFVII had I known the flash and votes would have been shit.

I remember when threads used to fly by within weeks. Now it takes months hmm....of course, the whole CAG community is much smaller than it was say, when I joined. Am I crazy or are there waaaaay less people around now? Economy killed a lot of gamers I think.

Siiiiigh there was a post made about this same thing...hm

Last edited by a moderator:
I started playing FTL on my laptop this morning. Seems fun, but I figure I've boxed myself into a corner. I already had to use a distress beacon once.

I really considered getting a couple RPGs that aren't avalialbe on :ps3: like THe Wticher and KOTOR.

Wasn't completely sure how they'd handle with just a keyboard and no external mouse or gamepad.

Tried the demo of Last Remanant. It ran, but control was difficult.
What? You can create distress beacons? How do you do that? Also, how do you dock? I read a guide that said if you're ship is on fire to dock and it puts them out immediately. The only way I know to get rid of fire is to open all the doors .. and of course to send people into the room but then they get hurt.

EDIT: Sweet - the background is black again

What? You can create distress beacons? How do you do that? Also, how do you dock? I read a guide that said if you're ship is on fire to dock and it puts them out immediately. The only way I know to get rid of fire is to open all the doors .. and of course to send people into the room but then they get hurt.

When I ran out of fuel I was given the option to send out a distress signal. It then showed the wave of the enemy fleet growing closer.

A couple turns later some ship showed up to trade fuel for other supplies with me.

If you unlock the Engi ship, at least I think that's what the Cyborg race is called, they can put out fires more easily on their own.

If you unlock the Engi ship, at least I think that's what the Cyborg race is called, they can put out fires more easily on their own.
That's the rock people. The rock people are slow but immune to fire.

I finally found out why I was having graphics problems. one of my two sli graphics cards died. I think it overheated. But now I'm thinking of just gutting my whole system and upgrading. I just got an SSD and If I spend another $400 I can get one of the new HAswell boards, an i5 4670 and 8 gigs of ram.

I',m a little torn thought, I have a i7-930 and that's a good processor. I'm not sure if it'll be that big an upgrade. But just having a new motherboard with a better layout is something I wanted. With my currnt motherboard there's no space for my graphics cards so it generates heat. With the Gigabyte board I'm looking at they designed space between the cards to make it more SLI friendly.

I remember when threads used to fly by within weeks. Now it takes months hmm....of course, the whole CAG community is much smaller than it was say, when I joined. Am I crazy or are there waaaaay less people around now? Economy killed a lot of gamers I think.

Siiiiigh there was a post made about this same thing...hm
Yeah, I remember for a while we were going thought 1.5 OTTs per day.

Back when the OTT was cool.

Watched He-man for the first time.Was pretty good but man were there a bunch of moral lessons. And they said He-man like a billion times. Also watched She-ra which was basically girl He-man.

Morning, OTT.

OTT, whats a good standard internet speed to have for a 2 person apartment?
First thing you want to do is scan for a wireless signal...theres alway 2 or 3 people who run an unsecure network that you could just use. If that is a little unethical, 20 Mbps download/2 Mbps upload is fine.

___

So I fired up Assassins Creed III yesterday...I didnt play Brotherhood or Revelation so
When did Desmond get the Apple?
I guess I need to play those first, for continuity?

So I fired up Assassins Creed III yesterday...I didnt play Brotherhood or Revelation so
Yes. I'd recommend staying far away from AC3 and playing the other two though. Some consider Brotherhood the best in the series.

Yes. I'd recommend staying far away from AC3 and playing the other two though. Some consider Brotherhood the best in the series.
I figured...as soon as I saw what I saw in my spoiler, I hard shut down my XBOX as not to see anything else.

I guess I know what Im playing next!

I enjoyed AC3.  Takes a little while to get going, but I thought it was still good.

But yeah, you definitely need to play all of the ACII series before jumping into 3.

Morning, OTT.

First thing you want to do is scan for a wireless signal...theres alway 2 or 3 people who run an unsecure network that you could just use. If that is a little unethical, 20 Mbps download/2 Mbps upload is fine.

___

You could play Brotherhood and maybe skip Revelaiton. I finished Revelationa month ago and it seeemed mostly like treading water.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chromecast+HDMI+Streaming+Media+Player/9071056.p;jsessionid=6F6669AB518939036B4DB2FDB799EE43.bbolsp-app03-114?id=1219013308425&skuId=9071056&st=chrome%20cast&cp=1&lp=1

RFSD

Best Buy has the Chromecast back in stock and they are still including 3 months of Netflix with it. I ordered one a couple minutes ago. Figured for 11 bucks, it would be cool to fuck around with it.
I really like the idea, I have a few TVs that could use a steaming device added to them, unfortunately the chromestick was either going to stick out the side too far or not have a enough clearance on any of them because of the mini-usb power supply port location. I could get a hinged HDMI adapter from mono-price but that would start inching the price backtoards Roku territory. However, I am still watching these eagerly, I can't wait to see what other uses google comes up with for them.

Ugh, does FF's spellcheck not work on the dialogue box anymore?

http://valleywag.gawker.com/kickstarter-project-canceled-after-dude-spends-all-the-912176282

Ackbar, did this guy fuck you over? I remember you saying you kickstarted some board games.
Nah, I've Kickstarted maybe 15 board games but only from reputed companies and usually I don't Kickstart until its at least hit 100%.

Some of the games I've done include...

Kingdom Death

Myth

Drum Roll & Among the Stars

Eminent Domain

Dungeon Roll

Scalawag

Hegemonic

Zombiecide.

Superfight

Story Wars

Machine of Death

The only two games I've kickstarted that weren't from established sources were Teramyyyd and Evil Intent. But I felt safe about those because the first one had a staff of around 20 and the second one was based out of an established game & comic shop in Houston.

In other news, I dunno where you live, but it's the most beautiful day of the year in Delaware. Just below ninety degrees, slightly breezy, and a crystal blue sky filled with fluffy white clouds.

I got to go to the local reservoir and watch the geese and the ducks fight a turf war. It was like an episode of Regular Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xqbv_wa-ns

I've kickstarted 9 board games and have yet to run into a problem... aside from Eaten by Zombies proving to suck. One of these days I'll get around to trading it and the expansion/bonsus on BGG. 3 of them haven't been fulfilled yet but aren't behind schedule. 2 were not successful, but 1 had a reboot that was successful (and is now one of the ones I'm waiting to receive). The rest I've received and have been happy with to varying degrees, from OK to very happy with them.

But yes you should consider many factors before committing a significant amount of money. It's not a store.

back to work after a nearly 2 week break. let's see if I remember all my passwords.

Should take me about 2 hours to read and sort all my old emails.

Will probably finish off Stacking over the next few days, then back to something a bit more action oriented.

Dragon Age 2 has been up on my shelf for a -long- time. Possibly a year? Also got Deux Ex free from Playstation Plus a couple months ago......

I've had a couple week-long breaks recently. Boy is it hard to get up at 3:30am and go to work for 12 hours after coming off a week off, and knowing that you have the following week off as well.

back to work after a nearly 2 week break. let's see if I remember all my passwords.

Should take me about 2 hours to read and sort all my old emails.

Will probably finish off Stacking over the next few days, then back to something a bit more action oriented.

Dragon Age 2 has been up on my shelf for a -long- time. Possibly a year? Also got Deux Ex free from Playstation Plus a couple months ago......

No posts for two days? Yikes.

I talked to the manager about this new job. It basically amounts to whether or not I want to stay at Target for a tenth year or go with another company where I may be happier but my pay is cut by 50% (full time vs. part time). I talked to the Target H.R. yesterday about putting in a two week's notice and they freaked. They want to try and change things and have a follow-up with me every Thursday.

Still not sure what to do and it's stressing me out. 

No posts for two days? Yikes.

I talked to the manager about this new job. It basically amounts to whether or not I want to stay at Target for a tenth year or go with another company where I may be happier but my pay is cut by 50% (full time vs. part time). I talked to the Target H.R. yesterday about putting in a two week's notice and they freaked. They want to try and change things and have a follow-up with me every Thursday.

Still not sure what to do and it's stressing me out.
See if you can get Target to counter offer...if not, see what the benefits are and the effect on your financial status.

I recently took a sideways promotion at my work. Best decision ever. I went from a Job with no chance for promotion and more stress, to a job where the stress is manageable (and Less) and the chance for promotion is better, but no salary increase for 12 months. I actually took a real vacation for the first time in 4 years. I literally left 15 days vacation on the table every year because stress wise, it was just better to work than come back to a sh*tstorm.

Sometimes, money isnt everything.

Oh, I figure I'll be at the same job until I either retire or die.

Will hopefully move to the hospital closer to my house within a few years. Or even switch to part time in the next 5 years or so once the wife finishes nursing school.

Tempted to visit the used book store today even though I have 20+ books on my shelf I haven't read yet....

The Comedy Bang Bang podcast episodes with Jason Mantzoukas (Raffi on The League) and Andy Daly (the principal from S1 of Eastbound and Down .. or Ben Franklin from The Office) are the funniest things I've heard in awhile. I almost had a headache from laughing so hard/long.

See if you can get Target to counter offer...if not, see what the benefits are and the effect on your financial status.

I recently took a sideways promotion at my work. Best decision ever. I went from a Job with no chance for promotion and more stress, to a job where the stress is manageable (and Less) and the chance for promotion is better, but no salary increase for 12 months. I actually took a real vacation for the first time in 4 years. I literally left 15 days vacation on the table every year because stress wise, it was just better to work than come back to a sh*tstorm.

Dayum man. I don't get paid much but I get plenty of time off which in a lot of ways is more important to me than pay. (keep in mind this is coming from a single man with no kids)

About the same day the Microsoft announced that the new Xbone headset cost $25, Sony announced that Playstatyion 3 headsets are compatible with he PS4. So I hope that means people with this...

35033576_OVR_620x433.png

can use it with this...

PS4%20with%20controller%20and%20camera-580-90.jpg

interviewing for an analyst position tomorrow with another big company in town, still waiting to hear about the internal position I interviewed for at my work as well.  Badly in need of a vacation right now...

I did not mention the offer, which was from Hasbro, to her (she did ask if I was getting another job to which I said no). I found out that another person who put in their two week's and has since left was not convinced to stay by HR like I was.

In an ironic twist, the district manager who oversees the stores in the county resigned on Monday. Supposedly it was because the feedback scores from employees was so low that she felt embarrassed and left. She was with the company longer than me.

But after talking with Mom, it looks like I am going to stay with Target since Hasbro (and I forgot to mention this earlier) is not offering health insurance for part timers. Add that with the constant problems I have with the car (for a while I was spending $500 a month on repairs) and my fate is revealed. The Hasbro manager wanted me to give him an answer in a few days while it's been a week now. Based on that, I'm probably looking bad in his eyes already.

BTW, I shared my situation with another message board I'm a part of and they said go with Hasbro too. Mom is the only one who said differently. Seems like she wants me to work more for the money.

It's a shame too. I think saying I work for Hasbro sounds better than saying I work for Target. I will probably see the Hasbro vendor at work today. I'm thinking if I did tell H.R. I received an offer with them, then I would be re-assigned so I couldn't help them when they come into the store anymore.

The Comedy Bang Bang podcast episodes with Jason Mantzoukas (Raffi on The League) and Andy Daly (the principal from S1 of Eastbound and Down .. or Ben Franklin from The Office) are the funniest things I've heard in awhile. I almost had a headache from laughing so hard/long.

Dayum man. I don't get paid much but I get plenty of time off which in a lot of ways is more important to me than pay. (keep in mind this is coming from a single man with no kids)

interviewing for an analyst position tomorrow with another big company in town, still waiting to hear about the internal position I interviewed for at my work as well. Badly in need of a vacation right now...
I'm scared to take a vacation since I've always had a buttload of work to catch up on. I'm lucky if I get one week a year.

Is it worth it to have tons of cash when you don't have time to enjoy it? Hmm, the questions that make people go insane. Not really, but you gotta wonder if it's worthwhile to work 70 hours a week but have a good amount of money, or work 10 hours a week and get by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back