OTT 586: The Legend Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of stuff going on for me this past week. Cleaned up my resume this week and went out to the career fair my university has, the largest in the southeast US, according to them. Managed to land two interviews for internships in the field my MS is in so far... I have a bunch of other applications to fill out. I graduate in December, so it would be super helpful to land an internship for the summer to give me something to work with when trying to find a full time position. I can't remember a time I ever felt so stressed, but at the same time, it's exciting to see the prospects out there when I finally finish school.

Has it really though? I mean, the subforums are dead which is sad, but it seems like the main Deals thread is active. Granted, I don't really visit that anymore either as I don't care about flipping or buying much for myself these days. Particularly crazy deals like certain glitches I usually see elsewhere first shortly after it's been posted here.

I guess it doesn't help that so many retailers have closed down.

That old screenshot does look nice though.
That's a good point. I guess it just seems to me like it has died down because I used to mainly frequent the off topic forum and the individual gaming discussion forums. Now that I have a PS4 I check back more often, but I really didn't buy many games at all for the past 3-4 years or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone interested in an Amazon Prime spot for a year? ($20 total for shipping benefits)
I had someone leave the group this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're in that weird spot where we've gotten enough snow that it would be nice if it warmed up above freezing, but it would have to be for several days to get rid of the snow so we don't have issues with it freezing at night to create black ice issues on untreated roads. I'd be okay with the snow being done for the rest of this season.

I finished in 5th in a 50 man poker tournament last night. Unfortunately, it was to a suckout. All-in pre-flop, my AQ against his A10. He got a 10 on the river. :'''''( At least I cashed, though. I think I got 3x the buy-in.

I moved to Hawaii.
4-Real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back