OTT Down the Toilet: What Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a nice PC. I got one of the monoprice monitors from massdrop and it is beautiful. I would wait for them to do a deal on that one unless you want to overclock,Samsung panel, or want a matte finish.

I say monitor. You can always run a long cable or something to play a game on the couch.
I have one of those 360 PC Dongles thst lets me use my controller on the PC. Steam Big Picture Mode. :whee:

That is a nice PC. I got one of the monoprice monitors from massdrop and it is beautiful. I would wait for them to do a deal on that one unless you want to overclock,Samsung panel, or want a matte finish.
Did you hear about the new nVidia G-Sync tech that the ASUS monitors are going to be releasing? Said to eliminate screen tearing:

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/169091-nvidias-g-sync-promises-better-faster-monitors-that-will-revolutionize-pc-gaming

I might wait for this.

Unless there's exclusives you want day one on either system, go for the monitor.
I'm leaning that way...there's just nothing that grabs me on either launch. The Order 1066 is the only exclusive on the PS4 Im looking forward to. Titanfall is going to the PC, so the XB1 is rendered useless at this point.

I was hoping I'd have a reason to use (*cough* open *cough*) my PSVita. Maybe I'll give that to Number84 for Christmas now.

How's Mrs. Frosty?

I have one of those 360 PC Dongles thst lets me use my controller on the PC. Steam Big Picture Mode. :whee:

I'm leaning that way...there's just nothing that grabs me on either launch. The Order 1066 is the only exclusive on the PS4 Im looking forward to. Titanfall is going to the PC, so the XB1 is rendered useless at this point.

I was hoping I'd have a reason to use (*cough* open *cough*) my PSVita. Maybe I'll give that to Number84 for Christmas now.

How's Mrs. Frosty?
I have one of those too. You might have sold it to me.

However, I just bought a DS4 to use with PC, I think it should be here tonight -- I'll have to find something to give it a shot with just so I can test it out.

I'm sort of the same in terms of launches -- KI is the only thing remotely interesting to me on Xbone and even then, I'm not a fan of the direction they're taking it, it seems. PS4 has Killzone: Shadowfall, but I have my Killzone itch scratched by Killzone: Mercenary on my Vita... which leaves... nothing? ;)

Speaking of Vita, you should open that Vita and play with it. It's an exceptional piece of HW, IMO.

Sprint will be mailing me a sim card to activate my Nexus 5 in about a week. My corporate store didnt have any sim cards but will restock by Saturday. Kinda bummed, but I guess it doesn't hurt in waiting.

Actually it does hurt. My galaxy S2 feels like an unpolished turd compared to the N5. :(

I really don't see myself getting a new console for at least a year.  Too much left to do on the PS3, and I'm caught up on handhelds.

Those gamestop tablet deals are pretty good. Got my nephew a Nexus 7 for Christmas, and I have a memo pad smart on hold.

probably shouldn't be drinking coffee at 5 o'clock at night. going to need to chase this with some alcohol later in order to fall asleep.

I think i really regret buying this Dell Inspirtion laptop. Too many dropped internet connections. And my only customer support options are phone or live chat. Apparently email isn't a choice.

Dropped internet connections? Those aren't usually HW issues... try updating your drivers or something.
They are currently updated, and it's a Dell Brand network card installed in. Never had this problem on my Gateway, and connections aren't being dropped on the Kindle or any of our other myriad internet devices.

I got my check from that EA Sports class action suit and it's a nice $99 check.

I remember one time there was a class action lawsuit against Nutella and I didn't get squat.

Those gamestop tablet deals are pretty good. Got my nephew a Nexus 7 for Christmas, and I have a memo pad smart on hold.
I got the blue asus memo pad 10 a month ago and I love it. In fact, I'm using it right now to create this message. I ordered a USB to mini USB converter because I plan on using it to play Blu ray movies from my portable Blu ray player. It also has a mini HDMI port which I plan to use towards Netflix since xbox and ps3 streams don't run very well for me.

Good to hear that. Got that one for my dad so that he has something portable to use and take with him. He likes to fuck around with a laptop while watching television and this should make it easier. Got my nephew the nexus 7.

Since when should that stop you? Survival of the fittest out there, if he can't protect his goodies he doesn't deserve them. :rofl:

Will use that mentality on the next girl. :D

Ah console MMOs, I just don't know if it will ever be good enough. PC gamers will probably never like them and they may be unpopular or just poorly made on consoles.

I received the $10 giftcard from walmart. I wish that I could just buy a regular giftcard with it to use in the store.

I got $113 from the EA suit, going straight to my new TV fund.

I really wish that dental insurance would let you try out more than 2 dentists in a year.  I dont like my current one, went to a different dentist last night for a consult and they're even worse, with less coverage from my insurance.

I really dread having to go into Wal-Mart. Our near by one is so dirty and ghetto. They ask to check your receipt there, treating you like a criminal.

There's a Target 5 miles away on the other side of the highway that's the exact opposite. It's my go-to choice.

We'll see if two separate three hour bursts of sleep is enough to make it through work tonight. All depending on the headache/migraine going away.

Huh... watching Die Hard and just realize that John McClane was "Bill Clay"ed long before anyone was "Keyser Soze"ed.

Granted, John might not have bought into the ruse for as long or as hard as people in Usual Suspects did... but it seems Hans Gruber was "Verbal" Kint before "Verbal" Kint. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
$186.36 from EA. I think I went just a game or two before max limit on money.
Dang! The funny this is: Gamers are getting this money. One must assume that they'd probably use it to buy a game or two - And COD and GTA V came out recently.

Not good for business! (Maybe some might buy BF4.)

There have been a lot of wingstops popping all over the place these past couple of years. It's like the new Subway of franchises.

So my unactivated Nexus 5 has lasted about 5 days on a full charge. Not bad. I'm still assuming it will last only a day if I constantly use the 4G/LTE network. can't wait for my sim card to arrive.

Damn, WalMart does have some nice deals.  I hope Amazon matches them or something, because WM on BF is the single worst shopping experience ever.  Maybe I can just get stuff online.  BF4, Last of Us, Skyrim, Ratchet & Jak collections all catch my eye.

They were already open on Thanksgiving, just like k-mart. No one is going to turn down sales on black Friday because they know that amazon will kill them.

Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls are 25.
And I know going to Wal-Mart on BF will kill me. (Literally or Metaphorically)

I might pick Last of US up for $25, but I can wait another 6 months for that to drop down to $15 or so.

There were a couple deals on kids toys, but I will just hope Amazon will PM or have similar priced deals.

The only things I'm interested to get on black friday so far are the $9 for the new Star Trek movie and a year of PSN+ at gamestop. I will go to gamestop for sure, hopefully I can get the movie online.

Gamefly used game sale is on. I bought Tomb Raider, God of War Ascension, and NBA 2k13 ($10, $10, and $8). I've been waiting to get Tomb Raider for cheap. The other two were just for the fuck of it. Used to enjoy NBA 2k games a while back. Might as well try it out again for eight bucks and I already found a thread on operation sports forums with the updated rosters for this NBA season.

The only things I'm interested to get on black friday so far are the $9 for the new Star Trek movie and a year of PSN+ at gamestop. I will go to gamestop for sure, hopefully I can get the movie online.
I hadn't even seen the PS+ deal, thanks. That doesn't seem to go on sale nearly as often as XBL Gold did/does, I'll probably grab one or two.

Any of you guys still buying Criterion DVDs? I might be trying to unload some come December if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, but they're helping kill Thanksgiving.
More like helping kill people on Thanksgiving. Every year or so there are reports of people dying over stampedes and impatient people. Now that every store is opening on Thanksgiving (now known as "Gray Thursday"), people are going to starve themselves (or eat nothing but sugar) just to be in line early to get a chance to buy something. And what happens next? They go ballistic because the store is out of stock.

Better off staying home and buying from Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back