OTT Down the Toilet: What Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
So, apparently UPS doesn't pick up on Black Friday. Best Buy got my order processed in a couple hours, but it appears that it's just been sitting there waiting for UPS to come pick it up since Thursday. Can't be too mad about it, I suppose.

I am wondering how swamped UPS is going to be playing catch-up from every order for the past 4 days, in addition to dealing with cyber-Monday order processing.

I think I'm getting motion sickness from watching DirecTV Red Zone. It's switching between games every 30 seconds.

Drove back up to school today. I never knew how nice it was to drive 250 miles without having your steering wheel shake from your misaligned tires. :lol:

On another note, my mom likes to watch Netflix instant but mirroring the desktop to the TV via HDMI is giving her issues.  Is the Roku 3 the best/easiest streaming box?  I'm looking for an easy Netflix streaming solution for Christmas.

Accidentally bought two Moto Xs today.  Grabbed one early at full price hoping for an adjustment, then found out that won't work but managed to grab another at the sale price.  Then tried to cancel the first one only to find out I couldn't.  Almost putting me over my credit limit due to the extra $600 I didn't plan for.

Amazon is dragging their feet to ship my BF orders that I mostly made on Thursday while BB and GameFly shipping last Friday/Saturday. Only my latest Amazon order that I made on Saturday has shipped while the others are either in "Preparing to Ship" or "Not Shipped" status right now.

Amazon is dragging their feet to ship my BF orders that I mostly made on Thursday while BB and GameFly shipping last Friday/Saturday. Only my latest Amazon order that I made on Saturday has shipped while the others are either in "Preparing to Ship" or "Not Shipped" status right now.
I had 3 Amazon orders for BF. 2 on Thursday and 1 on Friday. I have Prime. The 2 Thursday ones just got to me today via Fedex smartpost and the 3rd (along with a BB order) came UPS which doesnt drop off without a signature to my apartment building and apparently they came at like 2:00 instead of after 6 like always. Very strange.

I had 3 Amazon orders for BF. 2 on Thursday and 1 on Friday. I have Prime. The 2 Thursday ones just got to me today via Fedex smartpost and the 3rd (along with a BB order) came UPS which doesnt drop off without a signature to my apartment building and apparently they came at like 2:00 instead of after 6 like always. Very strange.
That seems like the key thing, but this treatment is just making me less and less likely to give them more money for some prompt service. They seemed to recently raise the minimum requirement for free shipping to $35 from $25, which makes cheap stuff less interesting for me if I have to find a bunch of other things to go with it or pay $5 or so for the cheapest shipping option.

Did you use the Free Shipping Option for those, Frisky? If so, it seems as though recently that they are either deliberately holding the order an extra 4-5 days, before shipping or prioritizing the non-FSSS orders WAY ahead the rest. And the bump to $35 is a joke now. If find myself looking at other options now first, especially Newegg.com.

That seems like the key thing, but this treatment is just making me less and less likely to give them more money for some prompt service. They seemed to recently raise the minimum requirement for free shipping to $35 from $25, which makes cheap stuff less interesting for me if I have to find a bunch of other things to go with it or pay $5 or so for the cheapest shipping option.
I just used the month trial actually. Wanted my PS4 at release and I ordered a new TV from Amazon so it seemed like the right time. I don't order enough regularly to justify Prime (especially since I don't have a student email anymore and have no one to split it with) so the free shipping minimum really stings.

I have prime. Ordered a new Kindle Fire late Sunday night/Monday morning. It will be here tomorrow.

Most of our Amazon packages now seem to come via an OnTrac courier as opposed to USPS.

Did you use the Free Shipping Option for those, Frisky? If so, it seems as though recently that they are either deliberately holding the order an extra 4-5 days, before shipping or prioritizing the non-FSSS orders WAY ahead the rest. And the bump to $35 is a joke now. If find myself looking at other options now first, especially Newegg.com.
I noticed the bump to $35 a couple days ago. I don't order online too terribly often, price matching at Target instead when I can. Did this just happen or has it been $35 for some time? If it is recent, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just for the holidays and it goes back down to $25 in either January or February.

Yeah, I've only had one order ship so far and that was on Sunday, so they're just fucking around at this point. I know that they do hold back orders because it seems to be cheaper for them to just ship it two-day two days before they promise delivery rather than ship it when it's ordered with the lesser option.

My Best Buy order with free shipping just arrived today, so that is probably the first time Best Buy has done anything better than Amazon for me. Best Buy's been getting a lot better this year in terms of games deals, so they're quickly becoming my go to place for that stuff with in-store pick-up. Amazon still kills everybody else for Blu-ray/DVD deals since they have a ton of stock and they drop like a rock for BF.

If you don't have Prime, you're doing it wrong.
This is a really bad way to advertise Prime. They should be doing it by making the service/offers even better with Prime, not downgrading the normal service like they're some shady business now.

Got my new PS3 today.  Ordered last Thursday, looks like UPS picked it up on Sunday, and it arrived today at noon.

you-got-it-dude-1.gif

Yeah he got an Xbox before a quadruple. I don't know if he isn't buying one, but I think everyone would have told him to return the xbox if he asked.

It's his prerogative (to have the NSA watch him eat salad with his hands)!!!

-

Do you guys think GTA V will be cheaper than the current Amazon deal before Christmas?

It's his prerogative (to have the NSA watch him eat salad with his hands)!!!

-

Do you guys think GTA V will be cheaper than the current Amazon deal before Christmas?
I dont see it going below $34.99 before Christmas, unfortunately...Unless they announce a Next-Gen Version by then. I say $34.99 because it was that on the Best Buy Deal of the Day on 11/26.

___

All these Fanboy wars have me feeling like I just want to close up shop and go back to the PC Master Race exclusively...SteamOS will SAVE US!!!

Oh, yeah! I forgot about the next-gen one. That will surely drive the price down. :cool:

He eats salad with his hands?
I didn't see it, but apparently he was eating a bowl of salad with his hands while he was on camera during XBLA Uno.

I think tfn and The Mango Knife saw me in my boxers sitting on my bed way back when Bomberman XBLA came out. I had no idea it would show the winner's camera for all to see.

Last edited:
I dont see it going below $34.99 before Christmas, unfortunately...Unless they announce a Next-Gen Version by then. I say $34.99 because it was that on the Best Buy Deal of the Day on 11/26.

___

All these Fanboy wars have me feeling like I just want to close up shop and go back to the PC Master Race exclusively...SteamOS will SAVE US!!!
It isn't a fanboy thing. Everyone he normally plays with got a PS4 and he got an Xbox. It just makes logical sense to get the same system as everyone else.

The salad thing is 100 percent true. I was there and can confirm it.
Oh, yeah! I forgot about the next-gen one. That will surely drive the price down. :cool:

I didn't see it, but apparently he was eating a bowl of salad with his hands while he was on camera during XBLA Uno.

I think tfn and The Mango Knife saw me in my boxers sitting on my bed way back when Bomberman XBLA came out. I had no idea it would show the winner's camera for all to see.

lol

Hello?

Yes, I bought myself a Xbone. Easier to find than a PS4 at the moment. The local Fighting Game Community is big here so I have local friends to play Killer Instinct with. And I am looking forward to playing Titanfall. I will eventually get a PS4 if I can ever find one. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back