OTThanks-taking

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys it's been awhile.
so i found an xbox in my room that doesn't have the rrod but it does have to red lights on the left. i read that's an overheating issue.
is there anyway to fix it without shipping it to microsoft or w/e?

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Bday, Rocko. I didn't realize you were so young.

Got RDRGOTY in the mail the other day. Can't wait to not play it.
but seriously, I can't wait to play it.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Got my BTTF hat in today. Even has an authentic BTTF II tag on it. It is actually a really nice hat and not just some cheap cash in.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm kinda regretting not getting one.

Speaking of which, got my xmas bonerus today. :D

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Happy Bday, Rocko. I didn't realize you were so young.

Got RDRGOTY in the mail the other day. Can't wait to not play it.
but seriously, I can't wait to play it.
[/QUOTE]

It's a great game, but I know many, including myself, who end up just losing interest in it.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm 21, hooray~

It's strange to think I've had a CAG account for 1/3 of my life. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Just don't end up with alcohol poisoning like I nearly did. Had my best friend not woken me up after I fell asleep, I would have asphyxiated on my own sick. That was a fun next day...in sheer painful shivering agony on the floor from the hangover. But hey, isn't that what 21st birthdays are all about? To this day I can't bring myself to touch St Paulie Girl tho *cringe* I did however learn to never mix Jager, Drambuie (Rusty Nail), various rums, vodkas, scotches, , gins, tequilas, burbons, whiskeys, and various schnapps in massive quantities that night

On the plus side, I didn't have to pay a dime for a drink, my best friend did (payback for not hanging out on my 20th birthday). To the tune of 80 bucks and thats even with nearly half the booze comped as well as the food free because we knew the server lol. Had he charged for everything, I think the bill would have been at least $150 easy.

And yeah, yeah I know, CSB...

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It's a great game, but I know many, including myself, who end up just losing interest in it.[/QUOTE]

That's because you're into shitty ghaimez.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I wear a 7 3/4 fitted hat and it fits me so you do have a big ass head. You on steroids?[/QUOTE]
Nah. I just have a big ass brain.

Speaking of which, Nick Newell (one armed mma fighter) became the XFC champion last night. That kid is crazy good with submissions.

What's the best thing to get for lunch at Texas Roadhouse?

[quote name='Maklershed']Speaking of which, Nick Newell (one armed mma fighter) became the XFC champion last night. That kid is crazy good with submissions.

What's the best thing to get for lunch at Texas Roadhouse?[/QUOTE]

Chicken strips. I think they're called Chicken Critters. So good.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I like good games.[/QUOTE]

I don't.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Chicken strips. I think they're called Chicken Critters. So good.[/QUOTE]

I think I might go with either this or the sirloin kabobs. I'm sooo hungry.

I liked the writing, setting and characters in RDR but I just can't -play- it.
From the tapping -x- to get your horse to sprint (but don't tap too much!) mechanic, to the combat controls.
No lock-on? No icon or health bar over someone-one's head so I can tell who I am shooting at?
Which button's shoot? Draw? Dodge?
Oh, I'm dead again.

Shit, i haven't looked at my rewards points on my CC in so long I can get a ton of shit. I'm talking like, 4 samsung blu ray players or a sound bar and a 3d blu ray player. I'm a few thousand points from a galaxy 2 seven inch tablet.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Shit, i haven't looked at my rewards points on my CC in so long I can get a ton of shit. I'm talking like, 4 samsung blu ray players or a sound bar and a 3d blu ray player. I'm a few thousand points from a galaxy 2 seven inch tablet.[/QUOTE]

Can you buy a few points?
I know it seems counter intuitive- but for $12 we bought a few thousand points to crack the threshold for an iPad mini we are giving my Mom for Christmas- It was on one of our lesser used rewards programs and I had no idea that we had so much until we got the December statement.

Regarding Kinect: I don't think there is one game or demo I've tried that I've enjoyed for more than 5 minutes. The kids and womyns go crazy for the dance titles and kids games.

Its game's interfaces annoy the shit out of me, my wife and kid can't even get the stupid "wave" technique & rhythm down (I must have said "wave like your are flagging down a plane" a thousand times)- why they can use the mic and voice feature to login and navigate that way is beyond me. I constantly have to login and launch stuff for my kid and her friends.

[quote name='Maklershed']I don't.

[/QUOTE]

You like all things good, and you're a good person too. You're like, the nicest OTTer out of all of us.

Finally saw Skyfall- it didn't disappoint, even built up & expecting it to be great. The fan service was done right and it completes the concatenation so well, if I were Daniel Craig I'd not do another Bond film, it's Goldfinger good.

[quote name='Maklershed']Speaking of which, Nick Newell (one armed mma fighter) became the XFC champion last night. That kid is crazy good with submissions.

What's the best thing to get for lunch at Texas Roadhouse?[/QUOTE]

That is pretty impressive but I don't know how they get fights for that guy. Who wants to be the guy to lose to a one-armed fighter or beat up a one-armed guy? Lose lose.

P.S. Django Unchained looks intriguing, anybody else checking that out?

Off to the model train show. Where it's a mix of innocent young children with their parents and creepy old single guys. I'll be the one yelling "Don't touch the train when it's moving!" and "We have Thomas at home"

[quote name='Temporaryscars']You like all things good, and you're a good person too. You're like, the nicest OTTer out of all of us.[/QUOTE]
I'm the nicest, so fuck you cocksucker.

Did CAG do something to disable some Adblock features? The ads up top are being blocked fine, but when I right-click an avatar or sig image, there is no option to block it. That feature works fine on other sites.

[quote name='munch']I'm the nicest, so fuck you cocksucker.[/QUOTE]

Nah brah, one time you said I liked bad games.

Speaking of which! Far Cry 3 is a lot of fun, even after it loses my saved game and I have to start wayyyy back after hours of playing.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Nah brah, one time you said I liked bad games.

Speaking of which! Far Cry 3 is a lot of fun, even after it loses my saved game and I have to start wayyyy back after hours of playing.[/QUOTE]

I've been putting entirely way too much time into Far Cry 3. Almost finished up the first island but I've been avoiding story missions. Got to say though, despite how much I'm enjoying it I'm not actually enjoying it more than I did Far Cry 2. Something's missing that I'm not sure what it is. Also wish there was more of a survival aspect to this one. I've crafted all but one pouch so now I technically have no reason to hunt anymore, and that's lame.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I've been putting entirely way too much time into Far Cry 3. Almost finished up the first island but I've been avoiding story missions. Got to say though, despite how much I'm enjoying it I'm not actually enjoying it more than I did Far Cry 2. Something's missing that I'm not sure what it is. Also wish there was more of a survival aspect to this one. I've crafted all but one pouch so now I technically have no reason to hunt anymore, and that's lame.[/QUOTE]

8-[

Far Cry 2 was straight up garbitch. What, are you crazy or something?

End of the weekend. 80% ? of the xmas shopping done.

Started Eternal Sonata, gave it a half hour, got bored, may not go back. Will give myself one more night spamming friendship missions in DWG3 in order to unlock the last few things, if nothing happens moving on.

Saints Row 2? It came free with plus, and I should try it out.... Have Portal 2 on the shelf too that I've meant to start as well....

[quote name='Temporaryscars']8-[

Far Cry 2 was straight up garbitch. What, are you crazy or something?[/QUOTE]

I always hear that but I never see it. The only issues I really had with the game was with the instant respawning outposts, the lack of friendly AI, and the repetitive nature of the weapons dealer missions. Overall the world was beautiful, the guns had kick, the missions were truly open ended (something Far Cry 3 lacks. I want to blow up a base with a mortar from a mile away dammit) and the ending was fantastic.

Right now I'm at 10/14 story mission in Far Cry 3. The story is better, and the characters are definitely better, but the world is so under-utilized. I've already finished all possible crafting recipes, so now I have literally no reason to continue hunting. At this point I have enough signature weapons that I never need to buy any (and even if I did, they're free thanks to Radio Towers). I am so ridiculously powerful thanks to my skills that I don't fear any hostile encounter (and for playing on Hard, this game is laughably easy).

The only thing I'm left wondering about is the fact that I've yet to hit the second island at all, so I'm curious where the story goes after this point.

[quote name='eldergamer']I can double post if it's 12 hours between posts.

Morning. Ya'll.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't quite 12 hours...

:spam:

Far Cry 2 could've been good but the random encounters were outrageously annoying. Every 20 feet I'd get ambushed by dudes in jeeps. I couldn't get any missions done because I kept having to fight people. After about 10 hours or so I got fed up and quit. Its too bad too cause I liked the story, loved the graphics, and loved the African setting.

The fire system was awesome though. It really made you think sometimes when you knew the stuff around you would catch if you used a certain weapon or blew up a jeep but you had nowhere to escape to if things caught fire and the wind was blowing your way.

The fire propagation gave me one of my all time best gaming moments. I was on a mission to oversee some kind of deal out in a prairie. It seemed easy enough so I didn't bother to go and restock my ammo or health or anything. I arrive at the site and all is well, but then a bunch of jeeps show up and the area is flooded with enemies. I try to fight but it's too much so I pull a hail mary. I throw a molotov blindly then dive into a hole in the ground. After a few minutes the shooting stops so I go out and see what I wrought. The fire had spread (and was still spreading) through the prairie and had taken out every enemy in sight. The entire are was scorched barren.

That kind of emergent solution is what made me love Far Cry 2.

Also, the random encounters are blown really out of proportion. I never fought one I didn't want to, either bypassing it completely through other trails or just blazing through it and never looking back. I honestly almost miss it, since the entire island in Far Cry 3 has now been pacified I spend all my time driving and no time actually doing anything.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']
Also, the random encounters are blown really out of proportion. I never fought one I didn't want to, either bypassing it completely through other trails or just blazing through it and never looking back. I honestly almost miss it, since the entire island in Far Cry 3 has now been pacified I spend all my time driving and no time actually doing anything.[/QUOTE]

Maybe my game was glitched or something. I couldn't seem to get away from those assholes. :lol:

Started playing Digimon Masters Online. Game is pretty good. the beginning was alittle hard for someone whos never played a mmo but its a really good game. took me about 2 hours to figure out i wasnt even in the digimon world yet.

It's nearly time to end Ott-Thanks Taking and now begin the many days of HanukkOTT.

I think i grabbed the last $3.99 copy of the new Colbert book from Amazon. Glad I saw the sale before it was over.

Also, that's a sweet deal for Ass Creed 3. 23 after vita coupon plus $3 video credit, $3 extra trade in credit, and $3 in digital download credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back