OXM Demo Discs: List Of Exclusive Free Contents (Gamerpics & Themes)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']For anyone that cares, I hit up OXM via Twitter and asked if they were going to be bringing back the Premium Themes, and Gamperics, and I also asked about the possibility of avatar gear:[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. the 115 issue does indeed have Plants vs Zombie gamerpics. They look nice :D.

I never noticed this thread before. I usually just throw the demo disc away without even putting it in my 360. I need to remember to check this thread to see if there's anything cool on it.

[quote name='Hoffer']I never noticed this thread before. I usually just throw the demo disc away without even putting it in my 360. I need to remember to check this thread to see if there's anything cool on it.[/QUOTE]

Or, you know, the disc...

[quote name='utopianmachine']Or, you know, the disc...[/QUOTE]

Nah, checking this thread would take 30 seconds less. :)

I never check the disc anymore, because there hasn't been anything on it I want in a long time. The premium themes they had last year were the last things I was interested in. So, I've just given up on the disc. Next time I renew my OXM sub, I probably won't do the disc.

Got a copy today
Wish i got the Plants vs Zombies one.

I like the Assassin's Creed thing. Was too funny.
Will be picking that up for sure.

It's weirding me out that this months avatars *still* are not showing up properly through Xbox.com (so I can't yet post them in the OP). Did the new Xbox.com redesign really break things this badly?

Oh well, hopefully the have them fixed on Xbox.com by the time I get a replacement disc which could be 4-6 weeks. The one that came with my issue was unreadable due a scuff and looks like a little warping.

Does anyone have a copy of disc 96 they'd be willing to pass on? I missed out on Dash of Destruction when it was available and getting the 200 from Harms Way in about 15 minutes has put me in the mood for more easy gamerscore.

I read on the other thread.....actually here is the quote:

Here is what someone from OXM said:

"Unfortunately, the issue with the gamerpics hasn't been resolved yet. With the new Kinect dashboard update (and even slightly before then), some gamerpics haven't been showing up regardless of their sources - it's something Microsoft's working on fixing (it's not caused by our discs or the gamerpics themselves). Until it's fixed, we're having to leave gamerpics off the discs, but we are saving up new sets of gamerpics for when everything's working again."

[quote name='irratebass']I read on the other thread.....actually here is the quote:

Here is what someone from OXM said:

"Unfortunately, the issue with the gamerpics hasn't been resolved yet. With the new Kinect dashboard update (and even slightly before then), some gamerpics haven't been showing up regardless of their sources - it's something Microsoft's working on fixing (it's not caused by our discs or the gamerpics themselves). Until it's fixed, we're having to leave gamerpics off the discs, but we are saving up new sets of gamerpics for when everything's working again."[/QUOTE]

Looks like it is fixed. 2 of my friends have the newer gamerpics from OXM that weren't showing up before. One had Carter from Reach and the other had Emile. Both are showing up fine on xbox.com now

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Looks like it is fixed. 2 of my friends have the newer gamerpics from OXM that weren't showing up before. One had Carter from Reach and the other had Emile. Both are showing up fine on xbox.com now[/QUOTE]

Well this was originally posted in November, sorry so late.

[quote name='reddjoey']I don't think there is anything on the new issue disc. (Dead Space 2 Cover)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what my response from a few days ago was about...reading it again, I guess I was a little too vague, heh.

EDIT: Oh, and it looks like they are indeed fixed...the ones I'd linked to in the OP are now finally displaying rather than erroring -- yay!

[quote name='reddjoey']I don't think there is anything on the new issue disc. (Dead Space 2 Cover)[/QUOTE]

Nope

Well my disc from the March 2011 issue won't read on my 360, but based on the information in the issue there is once again no exclusive content on the disc.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yay!

Now bring back the premium themes![/QUOTE]

That would be awesome! The exclusive free content is one of the reasons why I even got this magazine. I hate when they don't have any bonus content on the discs.

I would really like to see some exclusive avatar items! :)

[quote name='CodeTrader']US OXM Issue 121 (April 2011) has some Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World gamer pics on the disc.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Hopefully my console will actually read the disc this month! ;)

[quote name='CodeTrader']US OXM Disc #122 has Stacking gamer pics.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that is 2 months in a row so maybe they have turned over a new leaf. The most amazing thing is that this month the disc will actually play in my console! :lol:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but my questions relates to OXM. I am trying to find out if there is an OXM disc that possesses the Knights of the Old Republic DLC. If anyone knows please PM. Thanks

i know im a little late but for anyone who still cares.....I went through my disc collection and found disc 106 has sam and max pics
nothing else besides the standard schtuff

Anyone still doing the sharing of this content discs? I remember seeing a thread awhile back but that faded out and i'm interested in the exclusive content.

[quote name='angelripper667']i know im a little late but for anyone who still cares.....I went through my disc collection and found disc 106 has sam and max pics
nothing else besides the standard schtuff[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch, nice to have confirmation for that one.

Strangely, I can't seem to find the image.xboxlive.com URL for those pics, in order to link them in the OP...it's not where it should be, it seems. If anyone manages to find the URL, let me know.

If it wasn't for the free gamerpics, I'm not sure I'd be much interested in OXM. It just really isn't that good a magazine. I find Game Informer and Nintendo Power superior, definitely.

bread's done
Back