OXM Demo Discs: List Of Exclusive Free Contents (Gamerpics & Themes)

My OXM ran out last month. I collected all the discs as I got them, have them sitting here in a little stack.

Guess I'll go through them and see what gamerpics are on there...

Mine ran out last month, too. I think that out of all of them, I only got two sets of pics that I actually liked (Scott Pilgrim and Portal2).

Jeez, every fuck'ing month my disc is unreadable! I think about 1 out of every 10 discs I receive actually will work in my console. What a pain in the ass to have to go back and request a new replacement disc every
shaqfu.gif
'ing month! :hot:

Isn't there supposed to be some way to fix these discs in the meantime? I thought someone posted in a previous thread about quickly submerging the disc in boiling water? Does that work, or is that just me channeling my anger towards these oxm discs right now? :lol:

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Jeez, every fuck'ing month my disc is unreadable! I think about 1 out of every 10 discs I receive actually will work in my console. What a pain in the ass to have to go back and request a new replacement disc every
shaqfu.gif
'ing month! :hot:

Isn't there supposed to be some way to fix these discs in the meantime? I thought someone posted in a previous thread about quickly submerging the disc in boiling water? Does that work, or is that just me channeling my anger towards these oxm discs right now? :lol:[/QUOTE]
I had the same thing happen, I just stopped trying the discs and then like 2 months after I get them they magically work in all the consoles in my house somehow. Totally doesn't make sense, but they work.

Add me on the list of that happening to me. I already had to wait a while for everything on the disc and then like you said you had to wait longer with the mailing back crap.

^This sounds discouraging about faulty discs. I was considering in subscribing to this magazine for the exclusive content. Oh well, back to the backlog then.

This is probably old news, but it was new to me. Anyway, US OXM Disc 96 has Dorito's Dash of Destruction (full game) on the disc.

The game has gamer pics you can unlock too.

[quote name='CodeTrader']This is probably old news, but it was new to me. Anyway, US OXM Disc 96 has Dorito's Dash of Destruction (full game) on the disc.

The game has gamer pics you can unlock too.[/QUOTE]

That game was ALWAYS free.

[quote name='CodeTrader']This is probably old news, but it was new to me. Anyway, US OXM Disc 96 has Dorito's Dash of Destruction (full game) on the disc.

The game has gamer pics you can unlock too.[/QUOTE]

Gotta find someway to get that disc now, I like getting my achievements easily ;)

#127 has WWE All-Stars gamer pics -- exciting! (/sarcasm)

I'm not sure if #128 has pics at all yet, because I have finally encountered the wonderful phenomenon of the non-playing disc.

[quote name='Cheapskate']#127 has WWE All-Stars gamer pics -- exciting! (/sarcasm)

I'm not sure if #128 has pics at all yet, because I have finally encountered the wonderful phenomenon of the non-playing disc.[/QUOTE]

I checked disc 128 and it doesn't have anything. :(

I really wish they'd start doing premium themes again. They should at least include gamer pics on the discs. I could care less about the demos or trailers, since I can download those from Xbox Live. Maybe if they had some demos/trials on the discs before they are available on Xbox Live, that would be nice.

Is it really that hard to include some gamer pics or better yet, premium themes on the discs?

Anyway, maybe we can complain/suggest that they include gamer pics and premium themes on the discs. I hope they aren't going to stop offering the freebies.

http://www.facebook.com/oxmonline
http://twitter.com/#!/OXM

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have no idea the internal hoops or red tape they have to go through to include things that seem so simple. I'm still lost on why the US and UK OXM sometimes get "exclusives" that the other doesn't get.

If I renew my OXM sub, I'm not going to get the disc anymore. I just throw it away without even looking at it these days. I used to get it because they'd get the rare timed exclusive on demoes like Rainbow 6 Vegas or Guitar Hero 3. They haven't had anything like that in a couple years. I don't care about the free pics or themes and any demo on the disc, I've already downloaded and tried.

I might just switch over to the iPad app subscription. I still want to support OXM as I enjoy listening to their podcast.

Well it looks like they have decided to re-launch the 'new' OXM starting with the February 2012 issue. Unfortunately it looks like the DVD is no longer part of the package. Their notes from page 66 explaining the decision to cut the DVD reads as follows:

"You've told us you don't want the DVD anymore, and we listened. We're no longer offering the DVD, so if you were receiving the DVD edition, you're eligible for 3 complimentary issues!"

Just when they finally started bringing back monthly content on the discs they pull the plug. I'm sure it is more of a cost cutting move than anything with the decline of print media. In some ways I can't even believe that OXM still exists, but I'm sure the large install base of the 360 has helped the magazine make it as long as it has. It would be cool if they continued to deliver some type of extra digital content, such as throwing 5x5 codes in the magazine or via email, but I doubt that will happen. I guess we will just have to be satisfied with our 3 extra issues and 'heavier, thicker paper". LOL

No one complained about the DVD that's the only reason some people subscribed to the shitty OXM for the gamerpics. Oh well sucks for them

Agreed, it was the only reason I subscribed for a long time. You know this is really easy for OXM, make an app, since the new dashboard is app friendly/focused now, and have subscriber exclusive content available to everyone digitally through Xbox Live.

Just found my old box of OXM demos.

Is there any disc with exclusive content or was everything here available somewhere else?

I think we had a pass-along thread at one point of OXM discs. I got some "exclusive" Left 4 Dead gamer pictures and some sweet themes from whomever ran that thread.

bread's done
Back