Paris Hilton going to jail- weaseled out, then brought back!! Haha!!

[quote name='stag8603']people seem so surprised...is it really that unbelievable????[/QUOTE]

not at all. it's still fucking outrageous. Not eating??! she doesn't eat!! she snorts coke and ingests tube steak through her ass, with the occasional vitamin-S fortified drink from some dude's cock.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Hey myke... I always wondered why that was the case. Do you think it's just blatant yet subtle racism projected as socioeconomic-classism? While that explanation makes sense... there might be other ways of looking at it. For example, I always thought that while cocaine in its powder form is typically a middle/upper class drug, user amounts for powder form cocaine are usually a lot more than crack cocaine. Like... if you get caught with a half ounce of powder cocaine... you might make the argument that it's a personal supply. But who would believe someone claiming that a half ounce of crack cocaine is a personal supply? Perhaps the reason for that has to do with socioeconomic status though...[/QUOTE]

Could be a class thing, could be a race thing...but when you're talking the difference b/w 5 grams and 500 grams (the amount of crack and cocaine you need to get a 10 year sentence, respectively), you're really talking "user" versus "dealer." That complicates the matter and makes it all the more interesting.

It's easy to say "race," since crack is a drug centered around poor black inner-city communities. However, I'd have to look at sentencing for other drugs (say, meth) so see if it could be a class thing as well.

One thing Paris Hilton has all reminded us: the upper-class don't have to fear our prison system in the same way the rest of us plebians do. The next chapter in that book will be written by Scooter Libby (sentenced to 30 months this week; we'll see how long he serves before release or presidential pardon).

The only thing that anyone should be disgusted with is the American justice system. Paris is simply a scapegoat for an underlying issue that every U.S. citizen is completely aware of. If you were Paris you would use the same power in the same fashion.

Edit: In my humble opinion racism is no longer the prevalent issue in the U.S. We have moved to socioeconomic discrimination and are well on our way to Marxism.

[quote name='mykevermin']One thing Paris Hilton has all reminded us: the upper-class don't have to fear our prison system in the same way the rest of us plebians do. The next chapter in that book will be written by Scooter Libby (sentenced to 30 months this week; we'll see how long he serves before release or presidential pardon).[/quote]

QFT.

All I know is, if I were in the exact same position, I would be having my "mental breakdown" in jail, and not in the comfort of my own home. I'm sure she'll be miraculously recovered in a matter of hours anyway.

I fully expect pictures of her partying at the clubs again, drinking and driving on tmz.com and the like in a matter of days.

fuck ing ridiculous...

[quote name='-Phantom-']Edit: In my humble opinion racism is no longer the prevalent issue in the U.S.[/quote]

I couldn't disagree more.

[quote name='gunm']QFT.

All I know is, if I were in the exact same position, I would be having my "mental breakdown" in jail, and not in the comfort of my own home. I'm sure she'll be miraculously recovered in a matter of hours anyway.

I fully expect pictures of her partying at the clubs again, drinking and driving on tmz.com and the like in a matter of days.

fuck ing ridiculous...

I couldn't disagree more.[/QUOTE]

1.) Why would you have your breakdown in jail?

2.) 808? You just barely qualify as part of the U.S. :) JK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD5sahXoj0U

It is true that socioeconomic discrimination has surpassed racism in terms of prevalence, but lower in that socioeconomic caste system racism is still a major problem that, in those circumstances, is the problem that must be addressed first. [Sorry for the incoherence]

[quote name='gunm']I couldn't disagree more.[/QUOTE]

The last I'll say on this (since it isn't relevant here) is that eminent sociologist William Julius Wilson had the same thought (that class is beginning to matter more than race) in 1977, in his book "The Declining Significance of Race." He spent the next two decades discovering that he was totally wrong, and continued his career by refining his argument and recognizing that race matters (see "The Truly Disadvantaged" and "When Work Disappears").

Well, thought I'd update this.

Check out the article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19102663/

Here's the meat of the article:

City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo complained that he learned of her release the same way as almost everyone else — through news reports.Then, late Thursday, he filed a petition questioning whether Sheriff Lee Baca should be held in contempt of court for releasing Hilton — and demanding that she be held in custody. Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer’s decision to haul Hilton back to the courtroom came shortly after.
“It is the city attorney’s position that the decision on whether or not Ms. Hilton should be released early and placed on electronic monitoring should be made by Judge Sauer and not the Sheriff’s Department,” said Jeffrey Isaacs of the city attorney’s office.
Sauer himself had expressed his unhappiness with Hilton’s release before Delgadillo asked him to return her to court. When he sentenced Hilton to jail last month, he ruled specifically that she could not serve her sentence at home under electronic monitoring.

In the article her attorney, I think, pointed out that due to overcrowded prisons, non-violent inmates tend to serve a fraction of their sentence, and this IS true.

I have a friend who had been in and out of the LA county jail for a while, and he told me that he had to serve a 3 month sentence, but because he stayed out of trouble there, he got out in I believe 10-14 days. He told me the same reason as well, it's overcrowded.

Overcrowding is a stark reality of our prisons. So is the release of categorized "low-risk" offenders. After all, if someone's going early, you want it to be those least likely to reoffend, right?

Despite all this, there is ample evidence that Hilton was catered to in a way that showed the power that class brings in this country - she was not treated as part of the general population, she got perks, and she was treated differently. Part of that I understand (if I saw her in prison I'd totally do 30 in solitary confinement to kick the living shit out of her); additionally, those who stick out like a sore thumb in prison (which would be Hilton even if she weren't high profile) tend to get victimized rather quickly and frequently compared to others.

There are some reasons for treating her differently, and I understand those. I would draw the line at any "overcrowding" argument, however. I'm sure that it's untrue, but the problem is that the official line in the press release this morning was centered around her mental anxiety/dietary issues. To say "overcrowding" several hours later is to change the story and make an already highly suspect issue even more suspect.

If Baca made the call to release her, then he ought to be held in contempt of court.

Now, of course, once this straightens out (and let's not kid ourselves: her going back to prison is about as probable as her living as a teetotaler the rest of her days), it will be time for the new thread: the over/under on Paris' recidivism thread.

I think he should be held in contempt of court due to not contacting the DA. He's undermining the system, the DA and the judge (who is favorable to celebrities mind you) in the case. Ms. Hilton got several warnings and penalties leading up to this and she didn't take warning. By being late to court, she broke the cardinal sin of law: Don't piss off the judge.

I think what makes it so big of an issue is she went to jail and then was released. I don't think people would be as out raged if she just got a slap on the wrist in first place and didn't have serve jail time. Not the I'm in Fourth grade I don't feel good go the nurse office and go home excuse.

And about the class discrimination issue, it's been going on before and was the cause of the "French Revolution" It's just human nature they have what I want so I hate them.

Here is Jackie Mason's take on the whole Paris thing
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUT3Xp302tc[/MEDIA]

[quote name='MadFlava']thread title should be changed because the question was answered.... apparently there is a way to weasel out of it.[/quote]

Maybe not - she's ordered to be back in court this morning in three hours. They may put her back behind bars.

That would be AWESOME if that happened. Kinda like "Hey, you're a celebrity, you can go home now.. haha just kidding, get your ass back in here!"

Judge orders sherrif to pick up paris because she didn't want to go to court!

That bitch going back to jail!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAhahaahhaHAHAHa

0608pariscarcryinffo1.jpg

Who is too sexy for her panties now?

[quote name='Scorch']That would be AWESOME if that happened. Kinda like "Hey, you're a celebrity, you can go home now.. haha just kidding, get your ass back in here!"[/QUOTE]Absolutely agreed. How demoralizing it must have been for her to think she got away without consequences again only to get sent back to jail. Love that pic:

[quote name='jmcc']Absolutely agreed. How demoralizing it must have been for her to think she got away without consequences again only to get sent back to jail. Love that pic:
[/QUOTE]

How soon before that picture is turned in a Waaambulance image?

Just think of all the people she'll have to apologize to for cancelling her big bash she was planning on throwing this weekend!:D

When they told her she was going back she shouted, "It's not fair!" She then proceeded to call for her mother. That sounds fair to me!

"It does hold up the system to ridicule when the powerful and the famous get special treatment," Brown told The Associated Press in an interview before testifying at a congressional hearing in Washington.

"I'm sure there's a lot of people who've seen their family members go to jail and have various ailments, physical and psychological, that didn't get them released," he said. "I'd say it's time for a course correction."

100% agreed.

This had to be done.

bread's done
Back