Patapon 2 Full Game Download (PSP/Vita) $2.79 via EBAY

finsfan0210

CAGiversary!
Feedback
199 (100%)
For those who own a Vita or PSP this is a great deal. You can get the Digital Version of Patapon 2:psp: for $2.79 from this Ebay seller. He has a good FB score and has a bunch of them. I can confirm this is compatible with the VITA. I bought mine in September from this seller and didn't have any problems. You will only get the Paper Download Voucher (No case)

The link is below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Patapon-2-Scratch-off-downloadable-game-Voucher-PSP-/231108376488?

EDIT: As pointed out by a few CAG's its also available on Amazon ($4). Here is the link. Also according to a few CAG's this listing includes the case and manual incase you wanted the physical case even though its a download.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OHUTQI/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Arakias']I have 1 DLC of Patapon 2 from the PSN for the same price if anyone wants to support at CAG (nothing will be shipped). Let me know![/QUOTE]

One CAG didn't take me up on my DLC of Patapon. If interested, let me know (though I don't ship a manual or anything).

Did everyone that received theirs first receive a shipping confirmation email? I ordered one week ago today and I haven't seen or heard anything.

[quote name='Markew001']Did everyone that received theirs first receive a shipping confirmation email? I ordered one week ago today and I haven't seen or heard anything.[/QUOTE]

I did not get a conformation email and on ebay it just said SHIPPED with no tracking number or anything.

It was just mailed in a regular envelope via USPS. If I wasn't specifically looking for it, I wouldn't have noticed anything special about it.

[quote name='Arakias']One CAG didn't take me up on my DLC of Patapon. If interested, let me know (though I don't ship a manual or anything).[/QUOTE]

Not too much
but interested
PM sent

did anyone had trouble scratching off the code? I scratched it off really gently and the protective film came off with the paper. I didnt see any numbers after that.

r the code expire... if so this is waste of $4... if not this is greate deal i had patapon orig but my umd got lost i still have case but i kjept my umd is sepreate csae. so i might but the seqeel(patapon2) since i never play it be4.

I played Patapon 1 and then skipped to 3... played probably half of 3 on my PSP. Is Patapon 3 available for the Vita as well? And if so, can you do all the Multiplayer things in it like you can on the PSP?

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Also, can someone please explain how this game is played? Looks like some type of strategy game, and I recall hearing music is involved?[/QUOTE]

You control a group of warriors (archer, spear, axe brutes) that you acquire and build over time. You have to fight enemy squads by constantly moving forward. There are command songs of four notes controlled with X, [], O, A for attack, advance, flee, defend, miracle.
You set the command PON PON PATA PON and your Patapon squad will repeat the song as they act out the command. Keep the rhythm and you get stronger attacks (like triple arrows), lose the rhythm, lose the bonus and really miss the rhythm and you don't even get the command to work.

Massive fun for the person playing it. Infuriating for the person sitting next to you.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/03/03

[quote name='AoA']You control a group of warriors (archer, spear, axe brutes) that you acquire and build over time. You have to fight enemy squads by constantly moving forward. There are command songs of four notes controlled with X, [], O, A for attack, advance, flee, defend, miracle.
You set the command PON PON PATA PON and your Patapon squad will repeat the song as they act out the command. Keep the rhythm and you get stronger attacks (like triple arrows), lose the rhythm, lose the bonus and really miss the rhythm and you don't even get the command to work.

Massive fun for the person playing it. Infuriating for the person sitting next to you.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/03/03[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I think I'll order one from ebay since I have funds in my Paypal account at the moment. Sounds interesting enough, and $4 there won't be any regret if I don't really like it.

Funny comic too thanks for posting it.

So I've never played a Patapon game which is the best game in the series? I'll probably only play one of these unless I really like it and feel the need to play the other (as you know backlog blah blah blah).

I bought one off amazon for $4. Didn't even see this thread. Just thought that was a good deal so I bought it. It was a sealed retail version.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I bought one off amazon for $4. Didn't even see this thread. Just thought that was a good deal so I bought it. It was a sealed retail version.[/QUOTE]

sealed retail version from Amazon?
how does that work.. it came with a manual and the code slip?

[quote name='Green Card200']Thanks for the link. Bought the one for $4.08. Even if it is a code I like having a case/manual.

Also impulse buy thanks CAG![/QUOTE]

which one did u buy? isn't it all the same.. none of them come with a case right?

EDIT: just saw your link. did u get the one by Hubbagames?

How does it look on the Vita? I loved the first Patapon, I played it about 4-5 times. I played the second one on PSP and, rarely, I did not like it but I want to try it on my Vita. $4 sounds good but please someone comment how bad or good it looks on the PS Vita compared to PSP.

[quote name='Ashlee']How does it look on the Vita? I loved the first Patapon, I played it about 4-5 times. I played the second one on PSP and, rarely, I did not like it but I want to try it on my Vita. $4 sounds good but please someone comment how bad or good it looks on the PS Vita compared to PSP.[/QUOTE]

Its noticeably pixelated, but since its 2D so it doesn't look that bad. If you go in knowing its a PSP game you wont mind. The gameplay is still fun and the vita PSP emulator has a few nice features. For instance I changed the right stick to L/R. So in the main area instead of having to hit L/R to switch screens I can just hit the right stick.

I bought this for me gf, but I actually have played it past where her save is. I remember liking the first game, but for some reason I never played it that much after I bought it. I've played this much more, maybe since the Vita is my "new toy" right now.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Its noticeably pixelated, but since its 2D so it doesn't look that bad. If you go in knowing its a PSP game you wont mind. The gameplay is still fun and the vita PSP emulator has a few nice features. For instance I changed the right stick to L/R. So in the main area instead of having to hit L/R to switch screens I can just hit the right stick.

I bought this for me gf, but I actually have played it past where her save is. I remember liking the first game, but for some reason I never played it that much after I bought it. I've played this much more, maybe since the Vita is my "new toy" right now.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, will get a copy from Amazon :)

[quote name='wilflare']the 4.11 copy from hubbagames fulfilled by Amazon is the copy to get from Amazon right?[/QUOTE]

Yes if you want a retail copy. That's the one I bought.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Yes if you want a retail copy. That's the one I bought.[/QUOTE]

Wait so the copys Hubbagames is selling are the UMD version then?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fabrizo']Wait so the copys Hubbagames is selling are the UMD version then?[/QUOTE]

Its the retail version but it does not come with a UMD. Look at the Amazon product info. I don't think there even was a UMD release in North America.

(This case contains a download code for Patapon 2, to be redeemed via PlayStation Network, and does not contain a UMD disc.)

[quote name='wilflare']the 4.11 copy from hubbagames fulfilled by Amazon is the copy to get from Amazon right?[/QUOTE]

I got the one from Empire Games because I don't have prime but I'm assuming they both have retail copies because they both say the games are sealed.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Its the retail version but it does not come with a UMD. Look at the Amazon product info. I don't think there even was a UMD release in North America.[/QUOTE]

There was a UMD release, its just far less common. I was asking because afaik Amazon doesn't have a listing for the UMD release, though there are quite a few copies of both the UMD and voucher versions on ebay.

[quote name='Green Card200']I got the one from Empire Games because I don't have prime but I'm assuming they both have retail copies because they both say the games are sealed.[/QUOTE]

Yes if you bought it under that listing then yes its a retail copy.

Is there any way to get Amazon to just email me the code? I don't need an empty box (what's the point?) and I don't want to pay another $4 in shipping since that kills the deal.

bread's done
Back