PC Game INSANITY at Circuit City

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCDenton

Banned
I know someone else already posted about getting PREY cheap, but there needs to be a thread to tally up all of the discounted prices because there are some ridiculous deals I just found and it will take a combined effort to scan all of Circuit City's games. Anyways, I have just purchased:

-----------
edit: Thank you to pcktlnt for making this list alphabetized and coding it for starforce.

[quote name='pcktlnt']To help out my fellow caggers, here is a compiled list of the games that have been listed throughout the entire forum. Do not hate on me if some of the prices may be off, I just copied/pasted. Good luck finding the games. Please, please please please please put the game title and price when you guys list. This way it would help out a lot. ^__^

Last Update: February 14, 2008, 5:45 pm
Added:
A few questions were arising that I thought everyone knew. But I will help clarify here just in case.
  • All prices listed below are 50% off. That means, what you see listed below should be what you pay for that game.
  • NEVER believe the sticker price on Circuit City games. If you feel doubtful have the employee/cashier PRICE CHECK the game.
  • Your mileage may vary (YMMV). For example, we know that Sam & Max price checks for 24.99, but a fellow CAG was able to find one that had a sticker price of 19.99, so he/she was able to pick it up for 10.00. Same with someone else and a Deluxe version of Battlefield. Use your best judgment in obtaining a game not on this list.
  • If you do purchase a game, please list the game and price. This way, the list can be updated.
  • Good luck fellow CAGs.
Thank you fellow CAGs for posting your game finds and prices.

Added:
- Adventures in Odyssey 2 pack (big box)
- Curious George Educational Title
- Multi- title educational software with Magic School Bus and Roller Typing
- Race 07
- Classic Game Collection

This color = Previous sale
This color = New ones reported this sale
This color = games with Starforce

18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin - $0.42
2006 FIFA World Cup - $4.66
Act of War: High Treason - $2.33
Adventures in Odyssey 2 pack (big box) - $7.50
Age of Empires II Gold Edition (inclues Conquerors expansion) - $10.00
Age of Mythology: Gold Edition - $10.00
Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales - $1.00 Europe only?
Alexander: Heroes of Conquest - $2.50
Alien Shooter Vengeance - $2.19
American Conquest Anthology (American Conquest, Fight Back, Divided Nation) for $3.50
American Farmer Deluxe / American Builder Deluxe Combo - $2
Ankh - $2.00
Armed & Dangerous - $2.50
Battlefield 2: Booster Pack Collection - $3.50
Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition - $4.66
Battlefield 2: Special Forces - $4.66
Battlefield 1942 (Complete Collection) - $3.50
Battlefield 2142 - $10.00
Beowulf - $10.00
Black & White 2 - Battle of the Gods - $3.00
Blazing Angels 2 - $7.50
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood - $8.00
Buccaneer's Bounty - $2.50
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - $6.48 Russia version only?
Call of Duty 2 - Game of the Year - $10.00
Call of Juarez - $5.00
City of Heroes: Combined (This has both Heroes and Villians in one package) - $10.00
City of Villians Time Card - $8.98
Classic Game Collection (Monopoly, Clue, Life, and Scrabble) - $10.00
Combat Mission Anthology - $7.50
Command & Conquer Collection - $10
Command & Conquer Generals Deluxe - $10
Company of Heroes (Not the Game of the Year Edition) - $10.00
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts - $10.00
Counter-Strike: Source - $10.00
Crashday - $7.50
Crazy Machines: The Wacky Contraptions Game - $7.50
Culpa Innata - $10.00
Curious George Educational Title - $7.50
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - $5.48
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Collectors Edition) - $4.12
Darkstar One - $5.00
Darwinia - $1.29 or $1.40
DEFCON - $8.50
Desperate Housewives - $4.00
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $0.25
Diablo II - $10.00
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - $10.00
Diner Dash - $2.50
Diner Dash (Metal Tin) - $5.00
DIRT (racing one) - $8.50
DIRT - Origin of the Species - $6.90
DNA - $2.19
Doom 3 - $10.00
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil expansion pack - $3.03
Dream Chronicles - $7.50
Driver: Parallel Lines - $6.98
Dungeon Siege II - $8.98
Dynasty League Baseball - $7.50
EA Strategy Collection - $2.74
El Matador - $10
Elder Scrolls: Shivering Isles - $7.50
Elf Super Bowling Collection (This was the title I found on Gamespot) - $3.98
Eragon - $1.41 or $1.94...sorry I forgot when I asked too many at a time. ^__^
Fable: The Lost Chapters - $8.00
Faces of War - $4.66
Fate - $9.98
FEAR - $4.66
FEAR: Extraction Point - $3.29
FEAR: Perseus Mandate $10.00
Flatout 2 - $7.50 Europe only?
Flight Simulator 2004 - $10.00
Freedom Force - $3.01
Freelancer - $5.00
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords - $5.00
Galactic Civilization: Ultimate Edition - $2.50 (jewel case bargain title)
Ghost Hunter (Hidden Object Game) - 10$
Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter - $7.50
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (GRAW 2) - $10
Godfather - $7.50
Gothic 3 - $3.00 Confirmed at $3.00
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - $9.00 or $10.00 (2nd edition)
GTR: Game of the Year Edition - $2.50
GTR 2 - $2.00
GTR 2: Game of the Year Edition - $7.50 or $10.00
GTR FIA Racing - $2.50
Guild Wars Nightfall (Collector's Edition) - $9.48
Half-Life 2: Episode One - $3.50
Halo - $10.00
Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel - $1.50
Heroes of Might and Magic V - $7.50
Jericho - $8.50
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - $10.00
It's the Big Game, Charlie Brown - $6.00
King's Quest Collection - $7.50 (7 games)
Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green - $5.00
Left Behind: Eternal Forces - $3-4
Legos Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - $10.00
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - $5.00
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - $3.50 or $5.00
Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II, The Rise of the Witch-King - $2.30
Maelstrom - $4.60
Magic Match - $4.66
Marine Sharpshooter 3 - $10.00
Medal of Honor Allied Assault - $3.00 (Jewel case?)
Micro Machines V4 - $4.33
Myst IV: Revelation, Limited Edition - $7.50
Need for Speed Carbon - $1.87
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $5.00
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer - $10.00
Oasis - $2.50
Overlord - $8.50
Paradise - $8.00
pcktlnt - $0.00 (Not a game)
Penumbra: Overture - $8.00
Perimeter - $2.33
Perimeter:Emperer's Testament - $4.66
Phantasy Star Universe - $4.xx
Plantasia - $4.33
Police Quest - $4.xx (Is this the collection one as well?)
Police Quest Collection - $7.50 (YMMV)
Prey - $5.50 or $6.50
Prey Limited Edition (The big metal tin) - $8.00
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - $3.50 (online)
Prison Tycoon 3: Lockdown - $10.00
Puzzle Quest - $10
Quake 4 - $10
Race 07 - $7.50
Rag Doll Kung Fu - $5
Rainbow Six Vegas - $10.00
Rayman 10th Anniversary Collection - $8.99 or $4.50 (online)
Rayman 3 Pack - $4.50
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $8.00
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 - $8.00
Resident Evil 4 - $10.00
Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War - $9.00
Rise of Nations - $2.50 (jewel case bargain title)
Rise of Nations: Gold Edition - $10.00
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends $9.00
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack - $10.00
Rush for Berlin - $8.99
Scratches: New Director's Cut Edition - $7.50
Shadowgrounds - $3.58
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened - $9.98
Sid Meier's Railroads! - $3.56 or $4.12
Silent Hunter - $8.00
Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition - $9.98
Silverfall - $8.98 or $10.00
SiN Episodes - $5.00 or $6.99 (online)
Soliders: Heroes of World War II - $1.00
Space Quest - $4.xx (which version is this?)
SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars - $4.66 Europe version
Splinter Cell Double Agent - $3.75
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl - $10.00
StarCraft Battle Chest - $10.00
Star Trek: Legacy - $4.60
Star Wars Empire at War (Not Collection one) - $8.00 or $6.98
Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (Expansion) - $9.00
Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventure - $2.59
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse - $4.98 or $5.48 (online)
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance - $10.00
Sweet Tooth (Bejewelled clone) - $3.50
Sword of the Stars - $8.50
Syberia Saga Limited Edition - $2.35
The Chosen: Well of Souls - $8.50
The Guild 2 - $4.11
The Movies - $4.66
The Movies: Stunts & Effects Expansion - $9.98
The Punisher - $1.90
The Ship - $2.35
The Sims 2: Family Fun Stuff - $5.00 (online)
Titan Quest - $5.00 (YMMV) - $7.50
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne - $10.00
TMNT - $7.50 (Scanned too many at once so not sure) or $10 (CD version)
Tomb Raider Legend - $8.00
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - $4.00 (online)
Trainz Railwayz - $10.00
UFO: Aftermath/Aftershock Double Pack - $8.98
Wizard's War Chest [Contains Evil Islands, Etherlords, & Etherlords II] $5.00
World of Warcraft - $10.00
X-COM: UFO Game Double Pack - $8.98

Unknown titles: Not sure where to place these, so they go here. ^__^
- Multi- title educational software with Magic School Bus and Roller Typing $9.99
- 10 pack of games for $2.14 (Can you give the title? lol)[/QUOTE]

I would caution you on SWG. That game has been rewritten so many times since it's launch 5 years ago that it's almost impossible to enjoy. I would not be surprise if they Axe it this year.

Updated CC PC Game List (Update: Feb 11, 2008, 6:40pm)

Updated the game list with the prices you guys/gals stated.

@Hordak, I envy you if you picked up Loki for 10 or less. All the ones I had scanned were higher...oh wait. No I had the tin version scanned, I don't know if it comes in another package.

@Grendel, was your GTA: San Andreas a thin, dvd size copy?

@ITDEFX, added your price for TMNT

@Bryan, I'll keep a look out, but I can't promise anything. Didn't know people actually wanted this game. The one that was 20 miles away had a few copies, but I'm not sure if I make the drive out there again.

@guncrazy, the person was able to pick it up, because the stickered price was 19.99, otherwise it is 24.99 for the rest of us.

I'm curious, have any of you that are purchasing these PC games, started playing any yet?

[quote name='pcktlnt']

@Bryan, I'll keep a look out, but I can't promise anything. Didn't know people actually wanted this game. The one that was 20 miles away had a few copies, but I'm not sure if I make the drive out there again.
[/quote]

Np, if you ever make the excursion up there pick me up a copy :cool: I'm really new to PC gaming, I just bought my rig this year. I'm so tired of FPS and I'm not much of a strategy person so quirky games like Dawinia appeal to me.

A few updates

American Farmer deluxe/ American builder deluxe combo is $2

BB will price match if you find a cool store. I bought FEAR for $10 at one and found Sam and Max at another store, but was denied that because it was $25 at CC. So if you find a cool BB, you can get Sam and Max season 1 for $10.

[quote name='ITDEFX']So should I wait for that edition and return GC2: DL that is on sale at CC?[/QUOTE]

That's if they do create that edition.

Well, you could always keep what you got and then just wait until the upcoming Arnor gets cheap... ;)
Arnor's due out Spring 2008.

I dunno, but it must be hard to beat DL for $5.

[quote name='pcktlnt']
I'm curious, have any of you that are purchasing these PC games, started playing any yet?[/quote]
I opened up CS:S the same day that I bought it a couple weeks back, but my backlog from December and the holidays is still so big that I haven't touched anything else.

Thinking of loading up STALKER or Prey soon, though.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I would caution you on SWG. That game has been rewritten so many times since it's launch 5 years ago that it's almost impossible to enjoy. I would not be surprise if they Axe it this year.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. For $2.XX, it is hard for a SW fan to pass up, but I guess it might be like flushing $2 down the toilet if it is that bad.

There is a good selection at the Dearborn, MI store even after I went thru tonight. I'm not a Ferengi looking to gank everything just to stick on eBay. I picked up:

* Dark Messiah of M&M LE - $4.12
* Star Wars: Empire at War - $6.98
* Overlord - $8.50
* Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords - $5.00
* Battlefield 1942 (Complete Collection) - $3.50
* Galactic Civilization: Ultimate Edition - $2.50 (NOTE: This is a jewel case bargain title, not a box, so it'll be with the budgetware)
* Rise of Nations - $2.50 (NOTE: This is a jewel case bargain title, not a box, so it'll be with the budgetware)

8 games for $39.46 out the door. Not bad.

No BF2-related games and the BF2142 was the one with Northern Strike. No joy on finding another Nightfall for my boss' kid. Drat.

I've been playing the hell out of Diablo 2. I played STALKER for awhile but it's really moot until my new card gets here. I installed 2142 but haven't played. Played BFME2 through the tutorial but I also picked up Starcraft which is obviously better, so I'll get around to it once I'm through.

That and I'll probably pick up COH like I said, phew.
I also have Dark Messiah to romp through.

[quote name='Bretts31344']Thanks for the info. For $2.XX, it is hard for a SW fan to pass up, but I guess it might be like flushing $2 down the toilet if it is that bad.[/QUOTE]

Well your more than welcome to give it a try. For 2.xx to try a game for 30 days isn't so bad. After that it becomes a coaster.

[quote name='Monroeski']I opened up CS:S the same day that I bought it a couple weeks back, but my backlog from December and the holidays is still so big that I haven't touched anything else.

Thinking of loading up STALKER or Prey soon, though.[/QUOTE]

I bought STALKER a while back -- when it was $30 at BB, back when it first came out.
Way worth it.

STALKER's awesome, to say the least.

Never had CTD's or any killer issues w/ STALKER.
STALKER was buggy upon release w/ namely broken quests bugs.

So, make sure you install the game's newest patch.
A lot of stuff has been fixed, if you read the logs notes of the newest patch.

Guys with EaW for 7 and the expansion for 10 bucks clearance at Target, its a great deal for under 20 bucks. The expansion is great... the whole game is great but watch out for a few bugs that prevents certain missions to not work properly causing you to restart to an earlier premission save :(
I could never complete the rebel campaign because of this....but anyways EaW is a great game if your into CnC type games...heck galactic multiplayer is awesome as some matches can last 8 hrs :)

Silverfall - $8.98 or $10.00
Since that is on this CC list...

...Silverfall is another game I have, but didn't actually pick up from CC.
(Got that from Gogamer, recently -- actually for $12.90.)

It is action-packed, like say Diablo II. Plenty of unique loot and different type loot to get, out there -- like Diablo, Titan Quest, and all of those type of games.

It has a skill tree system like say D2 and TQ, but -- this list is completely open. No classes, period. Basically, you can upgrade any skill you want, when you level-up and can distribute those level-up points. Up to you.

Gameworld is quite open, too -- you can roam it, as you please. Not many restrictions at all of where you can and can't go, for the most part -- a la Morrowind and Oblivion. You probably could just roam the world and hack things and visit cities, w/out doing quests, if you so choose, basically.

The setting, it reminds me of Arcanum -- a fantasy world (of elves, humans, trolls, etc) all at war over a clash between those siding w/ either magic and technology, in a very steampunk-like setting.

You have have a max of 3 in your party. Basically, they control themselves in battle. You can talk to them and tell this if you want them to rely on melee fighting, distance fighting, or whatever. They even talk to you, when you get to certain points in the game -- and talk to you about the main quest of whatever.

Not much voice-acting on the side quests. It mainly takes a cue from NWN series -- make sure the voice-acting for at least the entire Main Quest is voice-acted. Some side stuff might be acted, some might not be.

Many quests, there will either be a technology side or a nature side to them -- you have to pick, where to side, of course. Some quests are simple, while some have multiple parts to them. Some quests are a straight up fetch this item quest, kill X amount of guys, recover X amount of guys from killing things, go see this person, etc etc -- the usual RPG fanfare of quests, basically.

Depending on where your Nature vs. Tech meter favors, it'll depend on what Silverfall looks like when you get further along and rebuild it AND it will depend what kind of equipment you may or may not be able to wear.

Though, it ain't easy. You will die a lot. And when you die, you leave a tombstone w/ whatever loot you have equipped on your body. You get sent back to the nearest town -- and to get that loot back, you have to go back and get that tombstone -- or pay the guy in town his asking price (which increases, every time you die) to get it back. Or, you can pay 1/2 that asking price and take insurance ahead of time, in case you so happen to die.

Though, I wish you could configure your controls. You really can't w/ this game..unfortunately...which is odd for a PC game. Thankfully, the controls are easy to learn and are like most other click-and-point RPG's...

Though, game performance can vary. It looks good, on an artistic level. Though, it should perform better than it does. I got most settings on LOW and some Shadow settings on, yet the framerate's around 15-40 frames. Yeah, all over the place...

My PC -- Intel P4 clocked at 3.2 Ghz w/ HT Tech, 128 GF 6600 GT, 2 GB RAM, DVD-ROM, DVD-Burner.

Regardless, Silverfall been a hard one for me to put down.

So, if y'all can find it for THAT cheap people have said they got it for from CC, it'd be worth it.

And I am definitely looking forward to the upcoming Silverfall: Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion) planned for this year. For those interested, two NON-English DEMOS of that game are out; around 2 GB in size. I wonder when a English demo of that will be released...

I dont have solid impressions on it yet but im playing a little Restricted Area. Very Diablo 2 style. I think I agree with the reviewers on it though. Very sloppy. I think i'll stick with it for a while since I like the style of the game but i probably wont get through it.

Part of what made Diablo 2 so good was those cut scenes. How is silverfall story wise?

The Chosen: Well of Souls is also a Diablo 2 style game I think. Anyone have any impressioms on that?

I picked up a spare Dark Messiah of Might & Magic.
If you want it, I'll just PM you the CD Key to activate it on Steam.
In return, I ask for a key for a Steam game I don't have yet.
(Lost Planet, Red Orchestra, Rag Doll Kung Fu, Red Orchestra, RACE 07, Alpha Prime, GTI Racing or RACE - the WTCC)

OMG I got Darwinia (PC) ($1 something), The Movies (PC) (less than $4 something), and Stalker (PC) ($10), and Rainbow Six Vegas ($9 or $10). So awesome thanks CAG! And thanks Slickdeals too :)

I want to get more. I got a whole bunch of other games but I'm going to return them because I found out they don't have good ratings.

[quote name='j.elles']I dont have solid impressions on it yet but im playing a little Restricted Area. Very Diablo 2 style. I think I agree with the reviewers on it though. Very sloppy. I think i'll stick with it for a while since I like the style of the game but i probably wont get through it.[/quote]
I recently picked that up at Big Lots, for like $3.20 after the 20% coupon when they had that recently going on. I think that was 2 weekends ago.

Ain't installed it yet.

Part of what made Diablo 2 so good was those cut scenes. How is silverfall story wise?
Silverfall is decent story-wise, itself -- especially for a very action-heavy RPG (like a Diablo). Basically, the land is being attacked by zombies and shadows trying to overtake Silverfall -- which happens to basically start the game. And basically, they are turning some people into these things, as well.

Basically, you're to slay the zombies and shadows that destroyed Silverfall and are going after the rest of the world. And, you are to also help rebuild Silverfall. Whether Silverfall becomes more technology orientated or nature orientated, that's up to you -- and based on how you sway the Tech Vs. Nature Meter.

The unique setting certainly does help its cause, as well.

The story and dialogue is deeper than your Hellgate: London, Titan Quest, and Diablo 2...
...But it's nowhere as deep as say The Witcher, Planescape: Torment, Vampire: Bloodlines, and NWN 2: Mask expansion...

So, it falls somewhere in the middle of those pack of games w/ its story, basically.

The Chosen: Well of Souls is also a Diablo 2 style game I think. Anyone have any impressioms on that?
I'll have to look that one up....no clue...

EDIT:
GameRankings's score ain't too favorable for it, to say the least...

Plenty of links there to grab reviews from IGN, GameSpot, etc etc there.

[quote name='billyrox']I'm willing to trade Prey LE w/ figurines for Guild Wars CE.

I"ll also add Maelstorm

PM me[/QUOTE]

problem is guild wars: NF CE outweighs Prey LE 6 to 1. Anyone who falls for that is a real sucker. Maelstorm is so bad that I won't touch it either (even though I bought it during the CompUSA close out in my area last year and didn't know how bad it was until I opened it and read the review.. Never installed it though)

I picked up:

Culver City, CA
FEAR Perseus Mandate $10.00 (Last One?)
Silverfall $8.98
Jericho $8.50
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts $10.00 (Still a couple left)
Overlord $8.50

Santa Monica, CA
Guild Wars: Nightfall Collector's Edition $9.48 (Last one)

[quote name='msdmoney']
Guild Wars: Nightfall Collector's Edition $9.48 (Last one)[/QUOTE]

Whatever the fuck you do.... don't let go of it so easily lol :)

I think i've come to the decision to buy Silverfall. My Titan quest I got from my friend is giving me invalid cd key when I played it. I guess it knows the cd key was used twice. I'll buy it for myself too.

[quote name='msdmoney']I picked up:

Culver City, CA
FEAR Perseus Mandate $10.00 (Last One?)
Silverfall $8.98
Jericho $8.50
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts $10.00 (Still a couple left)
Overlord $8.50

Santa Monica, CA
Guild Wars: Nightfall Collector's Edition $9.48 (Last one)[/QUOTE]

There was a Perseus Mandate left?
Damn. I missed it.

I don't see these PC games from CC on the list yet:

Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil expansion pack - $3.03
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (GRAW 2) - $10
Quake 4 - $10

[quote name='pcktlnt']@Hordak, I envy you if you picked up Loki for 10 or less. All the ones I had scanned were higher...oh wait. No I had the tin version scanned, I don't know if it comes in another package.[/quote]

I thought it was cheaper, but I may have been mistaken since I didn't actually buy it. I double-check price if I go back to CC this week.

Silverfall's got alot of grinding to it, but as long as you don't go for marathon sessions it's enjoyable.

Be sure to update to 1.7 (many places link to 1.6 but there is a 1.7). And I really recommend downloading a crack, it seems to really help performance-wise.

Dammit, I've been looking for Stubbs on PC for two years now. I was amazed to see it back in stock at CC's website, added it to my cart, clicked checkout, inputted my info and was told that it was out of stock! :bomb:

[quote name='rapsodist']Dammit, I've been looking for Stubbs on PC for two years now. I was amazed to see it back in stock at CC's website, added it to my cart, clicked checkout, inputted my info and was told that it was out of stock! :bomb:[/quote]

Saw it today but wasn't rated that highly (70). What is it about it that makes you seek it so doggedly?

[quote name='gantt']Saw it today but wasn't rated that highly (70). What is it about it that makes you seek it so doggedly?[/quote]

I'm an unabashed fan of anything zombie-related, and there certainly aren't enough opportunities to actually play as a zombie. With that kind of angle, the game appears to be a black comedy, which I love, intensified by the fact that it's set in the American 1950s, which I love further still. Plus the soundtrack --pop oldies redone by the Flaming Lips, the Walkmen, Ben Kweller, et al-- comes across as fun, too, and I'm usually not a fan of covers.

I've never been able to find the game for under $30 in-store --I can't find it at all these days-- so if you can find it for $5 during this sale, I envy you.

[quote name='adg1034']Don't forget: the official trading thread is here.[/QUOTE]

Yea we know adg1034. You might want to ask a mod to sticky it for us.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yea we know adg1034. You might want to ask a mod to sticky it for us.[/quote]

Already tried- sent a message to Pookymeister, but haven't heard back yet. I'm doing what I can.

[quote name='pcktlnt']@Grendel, was your GTA: San Andreas a thin, dvd size copy?[/quote]Yep, it's the packaging that looks likes a thin book with a slipcover, dvd sized.

Just a friendly reminder to check before you buy if your games are Star Force protected...Nobody needs those issues.

For a list of games, check out the Boycott Starforce banner located at the bottom of my sig. But look in the fourms, not that list on one of the main pages...that's older then the updated list in the forums.

Are the prices for games on the store shelves already marked to 19.99, or did you guys have to get them scanned to find out?

The CC near me only had 5 games or so marked down to 19.99, and I didn't feel like taking a crapload of games up to the desk in the front of the store for them to scan. The rest were ridiculously priced, such as $40 for MOH: Allied Assault.

[quote name='Admiral Moo']Are the prices for games on the store shelves already marked to 19.99, or did you guys have to get them scanned to find out?

The CC near me only had 5 games or so marked down to 19.99, and I didn't feel like taking a crapload of games up to the desk in the front of the store for them to scan. The rest were ridiculously priced, such as $40 for MOH: Allied Assault.[/quote]

That is why you print a list. Then locate the games, regardless of the sticker price, and then ask for a price check. That is the employees job in the first place, especially since they never have the current price on the sticker at my CC.

[quote name='Admiral Moo']Are the prices for games on the store shelves already marked to 19.99, or did you guys have to get them scanned to find out?

The CC near me only had 5 games or so marked down to 19.99, and I didn't feel like taking a crapload of games up to the desk in the front of the store for them to scan. The rest were ridiculously priced, such as $40 for MOH: Allied Assault.[/quote]

You should take those crapload of games to get price checked. I think most of the games I bought (and they were A LOT) were marked as at least $29.99 and up. They ended being $10 and below.

I'm not sure if the employees at my CC are capable of a price check. It's never a good sign when the first thing you see walking into the store is "We match Costco's prices!"

Perhaps I'll go have a second look.

I picked up Company of Heros: Opposing Fronts today. It was marked $39.99 but rang up as $10. As much as I liked the original, I never finished it, so I don't know if I'll actually get around to this one.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Awesome! Thanks for the list, but are those prices before or after the 50% off thing? I'm going to make myself a list here...[/quote]
The price in the list is the price you pay.

A big thanks to the OP. I picked up ten more games last night on top of the handful I picked up during the first sale two weeks ago. I now have more games than I have time or HDD space. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back