Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
#FakeMurican

Patriots have switched to Ukrainian traders.
You bring up a good point. I actually don't know if he's Ukranian or Russian. Never asked.

I need to be friendlier with my supplier. Maybe he'll give me better rates.

So you pretty much got FM2014 for free then? Good deal.

p.s. it's a terrible game. Worst game ever.
The lack of YCS makes me wonder why people here tried to sell me on it then.

I just finished the Splatter - Blood Red Edition rewards.

• Splatter - Blood Red Edition - unlock Nothing in common but the enemy - £0.10

This one's easy, you can get it near the beginning of level 2: Temple of Consumption.  You'll come to a gun shop and get a cutscene about a guy trying to get a weapon, let him live and you get the achievement. 

• Splatter - Blood Red Edition - unlock A shimmer in the darkness - £0.25

This one requires a bit more time and exploration. I didn't have much trouble finding all the pieces of the gun, as long as you explore everywhere you should find them. There is no chapter selection so if you aren't sure save your game so you can go back if you miss a part.

Grip 1: Get this one on level 2. A little further after you spare the looter you'll get some flares then have a pretty large battle with a lot of undead. Once you finish that battle head up but dont follow the arrow, go all the way to the top of the map into some bathrooms. Its in the left one.

Grip 2: This one's on level 4. You'll get to a part where you have to make a path through some worms. Once you are through go right past a little building and over a bridge to the bottom of the map, the piece is easy to spot.

Trigger: On level 5 you'll get to a town where you have an option to do two side missions. Make sure you do them both. I did the Army base one first. You'll get to an upgrade station and I think there is a secret area off to the right, I am pretty sure it's in there. I don't remember exactly but there is one in this army base. 

Hammer: This is in the second side mission in the cave. You'll get to an area with a bunch of the "frog" enemies keep heading up and left and you will get to a little room with the gun part.

Grip 3: Once you finish the two side missions and go back to talk with Helena she will give you this piece.

Barrel 1: On level 8 after the conveyor belt building you'll get outside again and come to some green slime. Max will make some comment about not touching it. Don't follow the arrow, instead go all the way left then down around the slime. Shoot the boxes and you'll get this part.

Barrel/Scope: Level 9 about halfway in you'll get a rocket launcher, Max will say something about it. Once you get it you'll start seeing some spiders mixed in with the undead. The arrow will show to go left but there is a spider cave to the right. The gun part is at the back of this cave. You'll know you are in the right place because Max will say how much he hates spiders. 

Muzzle: Last piece is on the beginning of level 11. When you come out of the subway you'll have a conversation with an army guard. Head left across the street and into the building which will be a secret area. the part will be in the room with the fire breathing ladybugs. 

• Splatter - Blood Red Edition - unlock MO-MO-MONSTERKILL! - £0.50

This one was much easier than the 0.25 reward, it requires you to get a chain 20. I couldn't manage this in the normal campaign. I got it in arcade mode using map Crimsonland, it's a wide open map so you can move freely. It took me a few tries but eventually I was able to get a chain on a group of spiders. The Flamethrower or the green energy weapon is the best to use for this. 

Enemys will come from the four corners of the map, just be ready and kite them around until they are all grouped together and hit them with the flamethrower. 

Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory mini-guide... Another platformer, yay!

Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory - unlock Crystal - £0.10

In one of the first couple of levels, you have to get a "crystal", which I believe if you collect all of them you get the "true ending" (reward 3).

Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory - unlock Jump master - £0.25
Jump 1000 times. You can spam jump on the first level or if you intend to get the last achievement just play through the game.

Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory - unlock The king of sugar - £0.50
Get the "true ending", which if I'm not mistaken means collecting the crystals from all the levels. By the time you've got the first or second crystal you've probably decided whether you like the game enough to complete it, I think I'll pass on this one though.

Oil Rush mini guide... It's a simplified (bare boned) RTS.
Oil Rush - unlock Executioner - £0.10
Stage 1.2 (Gold Rush). After capturing the oil well and fending off the first wave of attackers (and the map zooms out) just send all your ships to the enemy boot camp, don't bother defending the oil well. Once the boot camp is captured, destroy the two rebel "bases". Destroying both gives you the achievement and enough oil to complete the mission.

Oil Rush - unlock Mine! Mine! Mine! - £0.25
Stage 2.4 (Icebound) Send some seagulls to enemy territory to capture their oil rigs. Once they recapture one of them, you'll be able to get your 5th oil rig (because there are only 4 total in the map).

Oil Rush - unlock Best seller - £0.50
Stage 2.5 (Stealing Steel) Just highlight a tower that is under attack. Once it reaches 20%, quickly double click the platform and click sell.

EDIT: Apparently you can't save in between missions, and the auto-save feature seems to only work half the time, so make sure you save at the beginning of each mission so you don't lose all your progress.

Also for Little Racers STREET, not sure if this is a bug but you can actually get both Bad Day and Rough Victory at once if you go to career mode, multiplayer game, set number of players to 2 and AI fill limit to 1, you'll be the only one racing but 1st/1 so you can beat up your car and easily win the race, and but also still finish "last" for Bad Day, don't ask me how or why.

Anyone want to help me with Aliens Colonial Marines - "I Feel Safer Already"?

All you have to do is have a friend join you in multiplayer.

Also for Little Racers STREET, not sure if this is a bug but you can actually get both Bad Day and Rough Victory at once if you go to career mode, multiplayer game, set number of players to 2 and AI fill limit to 1, you'll be the only one racing but 1st/1 so you can beat up your car and easily win the race, and but also still finish "last" for Bad Day, don't ask me how or why.
Thanks for this, just got these. Easy .75! Wonder if this is considered shady pirate behavior?

According to Steamlessness 19.41% of FM 2014 players have the Superb Strike Achievement (Your player collected a goal of the season award).

pirates-soccer1.png

So does anyone know if you got Murdered from AMD I assume they sent the keys late and they weren't the pre-order keys with the guide?  Or was the guide a pre-order bonus somewhere else?  

Someone posted the maps in the guide to the Steam community for the collectibles, but was wondering if there was a way to get the whole thing. 

I just finished Murdered: Soul Suspect about an hour ago. I clocked in about 11 hours and managed to get every single achievement. All in all I rather enjoyed the game. It was pretty linear, a little shorter than I'd like and the investigations weren't as challenging as I thought they'd be, but I liked the story, setting and the atmosphere of the game.

So does anyone know if you got Murdered from AMD I assume they sent the keys late and they weren't the pre-order keys with the guide? Or was the guide a pre-order bonus somewhere else?
I got my Soul Suspect key from the Radeon Rewards and I never got the pre-order bonus.

So does anyone know if you got Murdered from AMD I assume they sent the keys late and they weren't the pre-order keys with the guide? Or was the guide a pre-order bonus somewhere else?

Someone posted the maps in the guide to the Steam community for the collectibles, but was wondering if there was a way to get the whole thing.
Nope, we didn't get the collectible guide because we technically didn't preorder the game. Squeenix is stupid.

Regarding the Aliens Colonial Marines mutliplayer achievement I needed help with, all you have to do is start a multiplayer lobby and invite a friend. Once he joins, the achievement pops. Malkan joined me and I got the achievement, then I joined his game and he got it. So if anyone has the game installed and needs a hand I'll help out.

I also got all the Ampu-Tea stuff (that was EASY AS HELL).

This guide has some good tips for the achievements, except for "Flip Kick" - it's much easier to do it if you have the Double Jump goat. (Jump, start doing the backflip, kick, jump again, then land safely.) Steamworld Goat is a much bigger pain in the ass than Flappy Goat ever was.

Nope, we didn't get the collectible guide because we technically didn't preorder the game. Squeenix is stupid.

Regarding the Aliens Colonial Marines mutliplayer achievement I needed help with, all you have to do is start a multiplayer lobby and invite a friend. Once he joins, the achievement pops. Malkan joined me and I got the achievement, then I joined his game and he got it. So if anyone has the game installed and needs a hand I'll help out.

I also got all the Ampu-Tea stuff (that was EASY AS HELL).

This guide has some good tips for the achievements, except for "Flip Kick" - it's much easier to do it if you have the Double Jump goat. (Jump, start doing the backflip, kick, jump again, then land safely.) Steamworld Goat is a much bigger pain in the ass than Flappy Goat ever was.
Yeah, I was afraid Ampu-Tea was going to be hard but I got all three of them pretty easily. Glad they didn't make you complete everything in order. That would have been pretty hard.

• Cities in Motion 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Cities in Motion 2 - unlock Metropolis - 1 - £0.10
  • Cities in Motion 2 - unlock We Can Build It! - £0.25
  • Cities in Motion 2 - unlock No Friend Of Mine - £0.50
  • Crusader Kings II - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Crusader Kings II - unlock The Marriage Game - £0.10
  • Crusader Kings II - unlock Exalted Among Men - £0.25
  • Crusader Kings II - unlock United the Kingdoms - £0.50
  • Driftmoon - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Driftmoon - unlock Doombringer - £0.10
  • Driftmoon - unlock Magician - £0.25
  • Driftmoon - unlock Feather Pillow - £0.50
  • Explodemon - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Explodemon - unlock Quintuple Frag! - £0.10
  • Explodemon - unlock Speed Runner - £0.25
  • Explodemon - unlock Super Potential 1000% !!! - £0.50
  • FINAL FANTASY VIII - play for the first time - £0.10
  • FINAL FANTASY VIII - unlock Ifrit - £0.10
  • FINAL FANTASY VIII - unlock Loser - £0.25
  • FINAL FANTASY VIII - unlock Ragnarok - £0.50
  • Final Fantasy VII - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Final Fantasy VII - unlock Braver - £0.10
  • Final Fantasy VII - unlock Vincent - £0.25
  • Final Fantasy VII - unlock End of Part II - £0.50
  • Grimind - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grimind - unlock Unreachable place - £0.10
  • Grimind - unlock Teleporter - £0.25
  • Grimind - unlock Party tonight! - £0.50
  • Magicka - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Magicka - unlock Basic Element - £0.10
  • Magicka - unlock IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZER!!!! - £0.25
  • Magicka - unlock KHAAAAAAAAN! - £0.50
  • Master Reboot - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Master Reboot - unlock AM/FM - £0.10
  • Master Reboot - unlock THE FINAL COUNTDOWN - £0.25
  • Master Reboot - unlock SCARED OF THE DARK - £0.50
  • Megabyte Punch - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Megabyte Punch - unlock I believe I can jump - £0.10
  • Megabyte Punch - unlock Pelvic Thruster - £0.25
  • Megabyte Punch - unlock Size doesn't matter! - £0.50
  • Swords and Soldiers - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Swords and Soldiers - unlock Vamos a la playa! - £0.10
  • Swords and Soldiers - unlock All I Want For Christmas Is You - £0.25
  • Swords and Soldiers - unlock Meat Lover - £0.50

Driftmoon, Grimind, Megabyte Punch bundled stuff without cards I think.

Swords and Soldiers = Swords and Soldiers HD? Then it's too

Too bad I already played Master Reboot. If you have it now's good time to play.

SCARED OF THE DARK is only one I didn't get during first play.

Anyone want to split the Final Fantasy pack with me? All I need is Final Fantasy 8.

EDIT: Sold.

I think the only games I don't own from Day 3 of Rewards are Explodemon and Cities in Motion 2...

Guess I'm gonna be busy this week. :p

The FF pack might be a price mistake, hard to tell. The blog lists it as 50% off when the actual price is 75% off.

[SIZE=large]
PUBLISHER OF THE DAY: SQUARE ENIX
[/SIZE]

The FF pack might be a price mistake, hard to tell. The blog lists it as 50% off when the actual price is 75% off.

[SIZE=large]
[/SIZE]
You could be right. It's not on sale anymore. And I think FF VIII alone has only hit $6 before.

[SIZE=large]
[/SIZE]
More likely typo on blog? This is squeenix after all.

6 USD - 3.2 USD from rewards isn't bad. But those are pretty long games right? No way you are gonna do all.

More likely typo on blog? This is squeenix after all.

6 USD - 3.2 USD from rewards isn't bad. But those are pretty long games right? No way you are gonna do all.
Nope, I was right. Price was corrected. If anyone wants FF7 for $3, PM me. I grabbed the pack.

EDIT: Sold

Has anyone ever bought Dungeon Siege pack (DS1+2+3) from GMG?

That's currently $7.24 (75% off).

[Yes, I know - DS Complete w/ all the above stuff plus DS3: Treasure of Sun DLC been $5 on Steam before.]

My question for anyone that bought it in the past from GMG...

Are they all separate keys in this DS Pack on GMG?

Or are they all one BIG key?

EDIT:

I already have DS3+ToS DLC on Steam.

I have DS1: LoA Edition & DS2 + Broken World from Retail.

Can't seem to get Retail disc-based version of DS1: LoA working on my Win 8.1 laptop.

Nope, I was right. Price was corrected. If anyone wants FF7 for $3, PM me. I grabbed the pack.
Thing is - then I'd have to look for someone who didn't want FF8.

I'd be looking for both FF7+8 (to put on PC + Steam).

I only have FF7+8 on my good old PlayStation....as well as FF Anthology (FF5+6) + FF9.

According to Steamlessness 19.41% of FM 2014 players have the Superb Strike Achievement (Your player collected a goal of the season award).
I thought it near impossible but see (on the Steam community stats) 25% got it on 13 and 32.3% on 12 o_O (12 I knew would be higher but still).

So Fallout: New Vegas Old World Blues DLC achievement (not sure how many have it already) Cardiac Arrest--

Once you get into the DLC, and for those like me who forgot the Mohave Drive-In is where you go to get into it, after the Human Tanks level of dialogue (seriously, I don't know if I've ever wanted to skip dialogue in Fallout: NV more then near the start of Old World Blues) it's pretty much all available to you. Go to X-13, follow the quest for the stealth suit will lead through everything well.

Before you start the test, go through the room and destroy all the turrets and robots, there are 3 robots and 4 turrets (counting the one by the door) I believe. If you want to save time, go through the door with the "employees only" sign right of it, and destroy the robot in the first hall, continue forward killing the robot and turret near the L, and that should be all you need to avoid them. The sonic wave whatever gun they give you works well for the robots here.

If you have a repair or science of 50+ (think it was repair), should take out the tripwires on the wall too. If you use the employee's only door, there is one just past the L, I believe the thing to turn it off is on the right side wall before the door to the office. In the office there are two, don't remember exactly where they are, but should be pretty easy to find, one in each room.

Finish the test and you have the achievement. In the test the EO door is behind an average level lock by the way, so read a skill book or something if for some reason you don't have a lockpick skill high enough. After the test you'll have to fight at least 3-4 roboscorpions which I thought were a pain in the ass to kill (more then 3-4 if you plan on leaving X-13).

If you don't have 50 science (somehow) or repair, you'll have to find the tripwire node thingy in the hallway and 2nd office area to know where to jump. The first (hallway) you have to jump over, and the final one (2nd office) you'll have to jump over. The first office one, if you jump on the desk or over the chair by the desk, you'll be able to get around it. Can also just jump over it probably.

Playtime wise, I didn't count but probably guess maybe an hour? Most of that is all the dialogue near the beginning. This is assuming you are at a decent level, think they said at least 15+, I went at 26 and it hasn't been easy, though I hardly have the best guns with me. The roboscorpions are the toughest so far.

EDIT: The KHAAAANNN (however it is written) achievement for Magicka is at the end of Chapter 5 apparently, not sure how long that'd take but guessing a decent amount?

CK II first two seem pretty easy, thus most probably have it but if you haven't played it since achievements were added maybe not?

I thought it near impossible but see (on the Steam community stats) 25% got it on 13 and 32.3% on 12 o_O (12 I knew would be higher but still)....
I guess it's high because a lot of people play with the super power teams, cos they're wussies or fans of the super power teams, or because the game makes it easier for your players to be given a goal of the season award. Or both.

Aww dammit I missed the price mistake. I would've paid 6 Playfirebux for those games. ;_;
Same =/ Well, $1.70 in Playfirebox and $4.30 in real spondoolicks. I had to appease my feeling of loss by picking up Project Snowblind ... huzzah!

Same =/ Well, $1.70 in Playfirebox and $4.30 in real spondoolicks. I had to appease my feeling of loss by picking up Project Snowblind ... huzzah!
!

I have that game in a box somewhere... but hey, $1.70 of fake money? I'll take it!

Edit: Oh no... Playfire has stopped tracking my achievements again... noooooooooooooooooooooo! MAH FAKE CAAAAAAAAAAAASH

I love that they're getting ballsier each day with their multi-buy price. Come on, today's is $17 for three games, that's basically Humble tier.

Okay, now I've got like 40 games to play or something. I can see right through their sinister plan to erase backlogs everywhere and force us all to buy new games.  :twisted:

Even newer rewards posted for two Lego games:

• LEGO The Lord of the Rings - play for the first time - £0.10
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock Great! ...Where are we going? - £0.10
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock It's gone. - £0.25
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock Of all the inquisitive Hobbits. - £0.50
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - play for the first time - £0.10
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock This Is fantastic! - £0.10
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Can't Hurt Me Bub - £0.10
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Times Square Off - £0.10
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Juggernauts and Crosses - £0.10
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock That Sinking Feeling - £0.25
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Cosplay - £0.25
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Guardians of the Galaxy - £0.25
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock I'm Always Angry! - £0.50
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Menace of Magneto - £0.50
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Stan-tastic - £0.50
I don't think I downloaded these games last week. Argh. Ah well, I got nine days to get these.

I only have FF7+8 on my good old PlayStation....as well as FF Anthology (FF5+6) + FF9.
u suck hehe could give to ur masterh heeh toaster bobby

Awesome. LEGO Mahvel won.

With all these games to play, should I just go ahead and quit my job so I can do this full-time?

Cool. I also have FF Anthology, 7, 8 and 9 for my PSX. I also have X, XII, XIII, and XIII-2.

Okay, now I've got like 40 games to play or something. I can see right through their sinister plan to erase backlogs everywhere and force us all to buy new games. :twisted:

With all these games to play, should I just go ahead and quit my job so I can do this full-time?

Cool. I also have FF Anthology, 7, 8 and 9 for my PSX. I also have X, XII, XIII, and XIII-2.
I know! I'm all like "SLOW DOWN FELLAS!!!"

This is my schedule for the next couple of weeks (theoretically, I'd have to fit family life, spending time with the lovely missus, sleeping and working in there too):

Today:

• Finish SSF IV AE rewards and download, install and run State of Decay for 20 mins.
  • In the afternoon, play Sang Froid for cheevs.
  • In the evening play some more FM 2014 hoping for a hattrick and comeback king while playing.
Monday

• Install and run Noir Syndrome
  • GOAT SIM TIME!!! =D
Tuesday, Wed, Thurs

• LEGO MARVEL TIME!!! =D (In a manly way of course)
Friday, Saturday

• Install and run Bass Fishing and Crash Time 2
  • Giana Sisters, Little Racers STREET and Sugar Cube rewards
Sunday, Monday

• Fallout NV, Skyrim, Killing Floor, Stealth Bastard, Oil Rush, PixelJunk Monsters (Skyrim and Fallout don't take long to finish, right?)
Tuesday

• Cities in Motion 2, Driftmoon, Grimind, Magicka, Master Reboot, Megabyte Punch (This is a busy, busy day)
Wednesday

• Buy and play Murdered to Completion (cos by then I'll be a 24 hour PF gamer)

I want to do the SSF4AE reward I'm missing but 50 online fights... urgh. The matchmaking sucks. Can you help me out? :p
I'd be no help doing that, my family life doesn't allow me to play something for that long without having to pause for a while to do real life stuff. I'm probably not going to try that cheev myself.

Even newer rewards posted for two Lego games:

• LEGO The Lord of the Rings - play for the first time - £0.10
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock Great! ...Where are we going? - £0.10
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock It's gone. - £0.25
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock Of all the inquisitive Hobbits. - £0.50
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - play for the first time - £0.10
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock This Is fantastic! - £0.10
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Can't Hurt Me Bub - £0.10
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Times Square Off - £0.10
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Juggernauts and Crosses - £0.10
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock That Sinking Feeling - £0.25
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Cosplay - £0.25
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Guardians of the Galaxy - £0.25
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock I'm Always Angry! - £0.50
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Menace of Magneto - £0.50
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Stan-tastic - £0.50
I don't think I downloaded these games last week. Argh. Ah well, I got nine days to get these.
noooooooo y no lego harry potter

I want to do the SSF4AE reward I'm missing but 50 online fights... urgh. The matchmaking sucks. Can you help me out? :p
Foxhack, I'm doing the Street Fighter Achievement, If you want you can added me (or I can add you) and we can do some endless 1 round multiplayer

Oh, I also have FF1 on my NES. :D

Forgot that one.

I don't have a PS2 or XBox 360/PS3 - so after FF9, that was it for me.

Now, this is the point where I would go on normally about how I'd like Square to port every FF game to the PC - but, I'll try to avoid my usual "port console-game to PC" trappings.

Aw, hell - by trying to avoid the trappings; I mentioned the trappings; and it still comes off as my usual trappings!

Well...fiddlesticks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back