Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
New rewards n stuff ...

Available until Tuesday 27 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Always Sometimes Monsters - play for the first time - £0.10
Ascend: Hand of Kul - play for the first time - £0.10
Ascend: Hand of Kul - unlock Silence of the Trolls - £0.10
Ascend: Hand of Kul - unlock Know thy Enemy - £0.25
Ascend: Hand of Kul - unlock Power Overwhelming - £0.50
Firefighters 2014 - play for the first time - £0.10
Muffin Knight - play for the first time - £0.10
Muffin Knight - unlock Death From Above - £0.10
Muffin Knight - unlock Stinky Business - £0.25
Muffin Knight - unlock The Big Hunt - £0.50
Out There Somewhere - play for the first time - £0.10
Pretentious - play for the first time - £0.10
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - play for the first time - £0.10
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Behind The Scenes - £0.10
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Attractive - £0.25
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Push Me To Completion - £0.50
Stranded - play for the first time - £0.10
The Last Door - Collectors Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
The Last Door - Collectors Edition - unlock Explorer of the Occult - £0.10
The Last Door - Collectors Edition - unlock Merciful - £0.25
The Last Door - Collectors Edition - unlock The Whole Story - £0.50

N.B. QUBE Director's Cut isn't the version that was bundled previously.

New rewards n stuff ...

Available until Tuesday 27 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Always Sometimes Monsters - play for the first time - £0.10
Ascend: Hand of Kul - play for the first time - £0.10
Ascend: Hand of Kul - unlock Silence of the Trolls - £0.10
Ascend: Hand of Kul - unlock Know thy Enemy - £0.25
Ascend: Hand of Kul - unlock Power Overwhelming - £0.50
Firefighters 2014 - play for the first time - £0.10
Muffin Knight - play for the first time - £0.10
Muffin Knight - unlock Death From Above - £0.10
Muffin Knight - unlock Stinky Business - £0.25
Muffin Knight - unlock The Big Hunt - £0.50
Out There Somewhere - play for the first time - £0.10
Pretentious - play for the first time - £0.10
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - play for the first time - £0.10
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Behind The Scenes - £0.10
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Attractive - £0.25
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - unlock Push Me To Completion - £0.50
Stranded - play for the first time - £0.10
The Last Door - Collectors Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
The Last Door - Collectors Edition - unlock Explorer of the Occult - £0.10
The Last Door - Collectors Edition - unlock Merciful - £0.25
The Last Door - Collectors Edition - unlock The Whole Story - £0.50

N.B. QUBE Director's Cut isn't the version that was bundled previously.
Hmm. Ascend: Hand of Kul is F2P on Xbox 360. I wonder if the PC version will be F2P.

Edit: Spoder just told me it's F2P on PC too. Neat.

What's with all the F2P 360 games coming to PC? Next you'll tell me Doritos Crash Course'll be on Steam tomorrow.

Started playing 99 Spirits while Human Tanks downloads, don't think I'll play past Training Day (unless the other one is really easy). Found Telepath was pretty easy, especially in the first area you can do it.

After you strike a billion times but the gem still isn't powered, the fox guy will give you a clue (it's a tool, toy, etc.) which then you just guess based on this list. If you get a toy it is the easiest, as their is only one he mentions that is a toy in that area (how I got it):

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196620390&insideModal=0

(EDIT: The other option is wait til a boss battle, since apparently they rarely change).
I wish I would have read your hint before sinking 30-40min. into this "gem", at least I could have got the Telepath cheevo. Ugh....I like the art/look of the game. Music is a tad repetitive...the battle system.....double ugh.....just not doing it for me....realllly boring, repetitive and grindy...did I say repetitive?

I was reading reviews on Steam. Some poor sap has 53 hours in this game....may God have mercy on his/her soul.

Playfire rewards....y u mak me do dis?

Anybody have trouble getting the Battleblock Theater - Melee Master achievement to unlock? I've done all the moves listed on the help/options menu numerous times and it doesn't seem to work.

Anybody have trouble getting the Battleblock Theater - Melee Master achievement to unlock? I've done all the moves listed on the help/options menu numerous times and it doesn't seem to work.
It's a pretty finicky achievement. I did the moves too and it didn't register so I just kept playing a few more rounds going through each move multiple times and it finally unlocked.

I wish I would have read your hint before sinking 30-40min. into this "gem", at least I could have got the Telepath cheevo. Ugh....I like the art/look of the game. Music is a tad repetitive...the battle system.....double ugh.....just not doing it for me....realllly boring, repetitive and grindy...did I say repetitive?

I was reading reviews on Steam. Some poor sap has 53 hours in this game....may God have mercy on his/her soul.

Playfire rewards....y u mak me do dis?
I, erm, kinda like 99 Spirits.

I'm finding 100% Orange Juice fun, too. (And I spent a bunch of time trying to find info on which was the manager boss I needed to beat before realizing I already had beaten him.)

I HAD to skip past the story after a while. I couldn't take another "BIG BRO!"

By skipping all that, did I miss the tutorial? I had NO idea what I was doing when the actual game started. I'd like to try and get the achievements, but I have no idea what I'm doing.
I did the same exact thing, and yes you missed whatever "tutorial" there is. For the record I did try (like most it seems) to read through that stuff, made it pretty far I thought until I realized there was no end in sight; the dialog was, in fact, endless; my sanity jumped ship and I was lost to a sea of Big Bros.

Hints/jumbled incoherent babble help beneath the spoiler:
Anyways, all you do in the game is buy units (assemble I think?), place units on the map, and then, once you've proceeded to battle (sortie), you can click on the units as they get ready (blinking red text at their bottom) to move and attack/recon.

There's a set amount of time that has to pass before you can move/attack/recon again; you may move AND attack/recon in a single move, but once you move you must either attack/recon or forfeit that turn by using standby.

Assault units are your standard soldier fodder (pawns) and work well doing your heavy lifting, but are recon impaired; Command are your expensive as **** fodder "Kings" (you need one of these; if they all die I believe you lose; the one with the name respawns after battle if it bites the big one), they have pretty good recon as well; Battery or whatever they're called are your artillery, Scouts are your.... scouts.... recon.... and such.... and then there's some kamikaze shock trooper that outside of getting the achievement (firework) seems pointless.

In combat you'll have very limited viewing and without recon you can easily get blindsided by oncoming troops, but the blindfire achievement for playfire requires you to kill enemy units in those "unknown" boxes, so that's something to keep in mind.

You're limited by credits; credits are necessary to purchase new units and eventually build higher level units/modules; you earn credits by beating a level or playing free battle (of one of the levels you've previously beat); if your units die in battle, they're gone forever (except that named command unit) and you'll have to repurchase units on the screen between battles (intermission).

Hopefully this quick and generally piss poor rundown helps you out. If you want the Playfire achievements, it's best to follow Idiot's guide; they're easily attainable with it in an hour or two.

I would have gotten 100% Orange Juice from a trader, but the 4-pack is only the price of two copies. I'll just wait for the 4-pack to see a sale.

I did the same exact thing, and yes you missed whatever "tutorial" there is. For the record I did try (like most it seems) to read through that stuff, made it pretty far I thought until I realized there was no end in sight; the dialog was, in fact, endless; my sanity jumped ship and I was lost to a sea of Big Bros.

Hints/jumbled incoherent babble help beneath the spoiler:
Anyways, all you do in the game is buy units (assemble I think?), place units on the map, and then, once you've proceeded to battle (sortie), you can click on the units as they get ready (blinking red text at their bottom) to move and attack/recon.

There's a set amount of time that has to pass before you can move/attack/recon again; you may move AND attack/recon in a single move, but once you move you must either attack/recon or forfeit that turn by using standby.

Assault units are your standard soldier fodder (pawns) and work well doing your heavy lifting, but are recon impaired; Command are your expensive as **** fodder "Kings" (you need one of these; if they all die I believe you lose; the one with the name respawns after battle if it bites the big one), they have pretty good recon as well; Battery or whatever they're called are your artillery, Scouts are your.... scouts.... recon.... and such.... and then there's some kamikaze shock trooper that outside of getting the achievement (firework) seems pointless.

In combat you'll have very limited viewing and without recon you can easily get blindsided by oncoming troops, but the blindfire achievement for playfire requires you to kill enemy units in those "unknown" boxes, so that's something to keep in mind.

You're limited by credits; credits are necessary to purchase new units and eventually build higher level units/modules; you earn credits by beating a level or playing free battle (of one of the levels you've previously beat); if your units die in battle, they're gone forever (except that named command unit) and you'll have to repurchase units on the screen between battles (intermission).

Hopefully this quick and generally piss poor rundown helps you out. If you want the Playfire achievements, it's best to follow Idiot's guide; they're easily attainable with it in an hour or two.
Thanks, this is awesome!

Got all three Human Tanks rewards pretty easily. And yes, in case anyone was wondering, you can reload and keep using the Daisy Bomb over and over. 

Too bad the game itself is so meh. I didn't go in wanting to dislike it, but units dying in one hit just makes it a chore to play. And yes, the quantity of dialog is ridiculous, although I've come to expect as much from most Japanese-developed games.

Only got the first reward for 99 Spirits so far, but it seems to be a much better game in terms of gameplay, graphics, and even story.

Got all three Human Tanks rewards pretty easily. And yes, in case anyone was wondering, you can reload and keep using the Daisy Bomb over and over.

Too bad the game itself is so meh. I didn't go in wanting to dislike it, but units dying in one hit just makes it a chore to play. And yes, the quantity of dialog is ridiculous, although I've come to expect as much from most Japanese-developed games.

Only got the first reward for 99 Spirits so far, but it seems to be a much better game in terms of gameplay, graphics, and even story.
If you think that's a lot of dialogue, try Yumina the Ethereal (apparently it's an eroge? I haven't gotten far enough to see any explicit content). Holy shit does that game have a LOT of dialogue. It's a hell of a lot better than WotHT's dialogue though... so it's actually not bad if you're in the mood to read.

99 Spirits is awesome, but the repetitive combat system kills it.

If you think that's a lot of dialogue, try Yumina the Ethereal (apparently it's an eroge? I haven't gotten far enough to see any explicit content). Holy shit does that game have a LOT of dialogue. It's a hell of a lot better than WotHT's dialogue though... so it's actually not bad if you're in the mood to read.

99 Spirits is awesome, but the repetitive combat system kills it.
Yumina is my Waifu....fun game though!

I feel like 99 Spirits would be a better game if there were less battles and every battle was a unique item instead of having them repeat.

Today's rewards:

Available until Wednesday 28 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Blade Kitten - play for the first time - £0.10
Blade Kitten - unlock Slide Queen - £0.10
Blade Kitten - unlock Speedy Kitten - £0.25
Blade Kitten - unlock Kitten Power - £0.50
In Verbis Virtus - play for the first time - £0.10
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - play for the first time - £0.10
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - unlock Ludicrous Speed - £0.10
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - unlock Eye Bye Bye - £0.25
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - unlock No Stranger to Danger - £0.50
Panzer Tactics HD - play for the first time - £0.10
Super Game Jam - play for the first time - £0.10
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II - play for the first time - £0.10
I Am Vegend - Zombiegeddon - play for the first time - £0.10
Victim of Xen - play for the first time - £0.10

Today's rewards:

Available until Wednesday 28 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Blade Kitten - play for the first time - £0.10
Blade Kitten - unlock Slide Queen - £0.10
Blade Kitten - unlock Speedy Kitten - £0.25
Blade Kitten - unlock Kitten Power - £0.50
In Verbis Virtus - play for the first time - £0.10
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - play for the first time - £0.10
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - unlock Ludicrous Speed - £0.10
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - unlock Eye Bye Bye - £0.25
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - unlock No Stranger to Danger - £0.50
Panzer Tactics HD - play for the first time - £0.10
Super Game Jam - play for the first time - £0.10
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II - play for the first time - £0.10
I Am Vegend - Zombiegeddon - play for the first time - £0.10
Victim of Xen - play for the first time - £0.10
I've been wanting Blade Kitten for ages, so I see it has rewards and say (hey, maybe I'll just go grab it on GMG).

The game isn't even ON GMG.

That just seems weird to me. I would imagine part of the reason Playfire rewards are a thing is because when a game has rewards, that sometimes will tempt someone to buy the game, like it did with me here. How can Playfire make rewards for Blade Kitten happen when they don't even sell the game?

That pretty much destroys the notion that the publisher is involved with the Playfire rewards...

I've been wanting Blade Kitten for ages, so I see it has rewards and say (hey, maybe I'll just go grab it on GMG).

The game isn't even ON GMG.

That just seems weird to me. I would imagine part of the reason Playfire rewards are a thing is because when a game has rewards, that sometimes will tempt someone to buy the game, like it did with me here. How can Playfire make rewards for Blade Kitten happen when they don't even sell the game?

That pretty much destroys the notion that the publisher is involved with the Playfire rewards...
Blade Kitten is 50% off on Steam right now though ($2.99), if you want. And it has cards!

I had no idea it has cards (store page doesn't say it), so of course when I go to buy it it's no longer on sale. Apparently there was some kind of glitch and the sale ended early.
That game was pretty average if I remembered. I played it and beat it a while back. Really corny humor too like the main character saying epic fail when she dies. I liked the graphics, but yeah I would have passed at that price....1 dollarish is right for the game.

I had no idea it has cards (store page doesn't say it), so of course when I go to buy it it's no longer on sale. Apparently there was some kind of glitch and the sale ended early.
Yeah, the new version they just released has cards included. I figured I'd post that detail here so you guys could get an edge on the market.

Tried to play Ascend: Hand of Kul. After about 10 minutes waiting on the load screen ("loading leaderboard champions" was there for a looong time), I've got a message saying the service was not available. There you can exit the game or continue. If you choose to continue, you go to the loading screen AGAIN! "Searching for Chaos warrior record"... some minutes later, same error screen... and it goes like this forever. Ridiculous. Uninstalled

No one put it up yet so I guess I will, new rewards:

• Distant Worlds: Universe - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Labyrinthine Dreams - play for the first time - £0.10
  • They Breathe - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tower of Guns - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tower of Guns - unlock Why would you do such a thing? - £0.10
  • Tower of Guns - unlock Yes, Bombots Self-Destructing Counts... - £0.25
  • Tower of Guns - unlock And You Thought Magnetized Loot Was A Good Thing... - £0.50
  • A.I.M.2 Clan Wars - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Arcadecraft - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Arcadecraft - unlock Buy one of each customizable items - £0.10
  • Arcadecraft - unlock Sequel 3 machines together - £0.25
  • Arcadecraft - unlock Get to the final year - £0.50
  • Ballad of Solar - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Frederic: Evil Strikes Back - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Gardens Inc. 2: The Road to Fame - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Gauge - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Perimeter: Emperor's Testament - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team - unlock Bloodbath - £0.10
  • Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team - unlock Exterminatus - £0.25
  • Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team - unlock Victory for the Chapter - £0.50
  • White Noise online - play for the first time - £0.10
  • White Noise online - unlock Killer is Dead - £0.10
  • White Noise online - unlock 100% death proof - £0.25
  • White Noise online - unlock Children of the Night - £0.50
  •  

For anyone who bought into the Humble "Man You Should Totally Check That Game Out Hosted By Devolver Digital" Weekly, you should be able to increase your payment and get Tower of Guns still at the $10-tier.

I can grab someone a copy for $5 PayPal or Amazon GC as well.

Gone!

Welp, I guess the support ticket wasn't such a good idea after all. Thanks Bobby! I could order from GMG after my ban from playfire but since I submitted a support ticket, I get this:

We're currently processing your order. At this time you will be unable to trade in any more games.

Does anyone know why GMG doesnt have Transistor? Did I miss a discussion on this? Can't seem to find anything related.
GMG seems to be really shit lately at stocking games, specifically of the non-AAA variety. I'm guessing they've decided to focus on courting the big publishers, and aren't bothering with most indie ones.

GMG seems to be really shit lately at stocking games, specifically of the non-AAA variety. I'm guessing they've decided to focus on courting the big publishers, and aren't bothering with most indie ones.
Yeah I dunno, I found an old tweet like 2 weeks ago saying they'd check and didn't know yet. Yesterday I twitted both Supergiant and GMG with the question and neither answered. Now I have nothing to spend my credit on :(

Honestly, if I was a pierat I wouldn't have been emailing support about anything, but I'm just paranoid about things.  Sucks that they are banning you from the site period, not that they really have super great deals, especially lately.  

Honestly, if I was a pierat I wouldn't have been emailing support about anything, but I'm just paranoid about things. Sucks that they are banning you from the site period, not that they really have super great deals, especially lately.
I had him try support because he was seemed like he was pretty much banned from Playfire already (with the error he kept getting), and didn't think it'd do any harm/was worth a shot in case he wasn't banned. I feel terrible for making that recommendation now. :wall:

Can anyone else who's banned from Playfire confirm that their GMG account is fucked?

I had him try support because he was seemed like he was pretty much banned from Playfire already (with the error he kept getting), and didn't think it'd do any harm/was worth a shot in case he wasn't banned. I feel terrible for making that recommendation now. :wall:

Can anyone else who's banned from Playfire confirm that their GMG account is fucked?
So he should blame you? ;)

Honestly, if I was a pierat I wouldn't have been emailing support about anything, but I'm just paranoid about things. Sucks that they are banning you from the site period, not that they really have super great deals, especially lately.
I honestly didn't care, I knew I was banned and I had already burned most of my credits. I really just wanted to know what they would say. Besides, if I hadn't have submitted a support ticket, I'd never have known some Idiot reported me.

So he should blame you? ;)
I already added him to my blame list.

Double post, but GMG has new sales, and the 25% off Indie Voucher is dead.

I'm used to their deals ending at 12 p.m. EST/EDT, I wonder what's up.

Anyways, new deals are on. They include:

Disciples III: Reincarnation - $7.49 (75% off)

Citadels - $9.99 (75% off)

Mafia 2 Complete - $10.59 (80% off) Includes:

• Mafia II
  • Mafia II DLC: Joe's Adventure
  • Mafia II DLC: Renegade Pack
  • Mafia II DLC: Jimmy's Vendetta
  • Mafia II DLC: Greaser Pack
  • Vegas Pack
  • Warhero Pack

And some other crap. Enjoy.

Double post, but GMG has new sales, and the 25% off Indie Voucher is dead.

I'm used to their deals ending at 12 p.m. EST/EDT, I wonder what's up.

Anyways, new deals are on. They include:

Disciples III: Reincarnation - $7.49 (75% off)

Citadels - $9.99 (75% off)

Mafia 2 Complete - $10.59 (80% off) Includes:

• Mafia II
  • Mafia II DLC: Joe's Adventure
  • Mafia II DLC: Renegade Pack
  • Mafia II DLC: Jimmy's Vendetta
  • Mafia II DLC: Greaser Pack
  • Vegas Pack
  • Warhero Pack

And some other crap. Enjoy.
adventure park is on sale but u cant get in bundle for less that that price so yea. go with intense bundle lol

New rewards for Tropico 5!

• Play for the first time - £0.50
  • Play for the first time - £0.10
  • Unlock In Seventh Heaven - £0.25
  • Unlock Everlasting Colony - £0.25
  • Unlock United States of Tropico - £0.25
  • Unlock Globalist - £0.25
  • Unlock Booked Solid - £0.25
  • Unlock A Barrel Of Monkeys - £0.25
  • Unlock Extraordinary Popular Delusions - £0.10
  • Unlock Retro-futurism - £0.25
  • Unlock For Science! - £0.25