Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Available until Tuesday 28 October, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Devil's Dare - unlock You Had Just Played A Game - £0.10
  • Dreamfall Chapters - unlock Wel-ding! - £0.10
  • Jagged Alliance Flashback - unlock Cold-Blooded Killer - £0.10
  • The Legend of Korra - unlock Good Girl! - £0.10
  • Time Rifters - unlock Spread Rifle 2 - £0.10
GOOD GRIEF.

headshot-suicide.gif

I guess we're done with good rewards for a while since GMG has to somehow pay for giving everyone XCOM EU for free.

The last two weeks have been complete garbage, I would have expected more considering the releases(Alien/The Evil Within).

"Wow 10 cent reward for a 50€ game, thx playfire!"

The last two weeks have been complete garbage, I would have expected more considering the releases(Alien/The Evil Within).

"Wow 10 cent reward for a 50€ game, thx playfire!"
Still, you have to keep in mind that you're getting paid something to play a game. Even the $0.10 rewards add up, and its more than we used to get paid.

Sure, it was great when I could earn a couple dimes a day from F2P and bundle games, but who really thought that was going to last?

Still, you have to keep in mind that you're getting paid something to play a game. Even the $0.10 rewards add up, and its more than we used to get paid.

Sure, it was great when I could earn a couple dimes a day from F2P and bundle games, but who really thought that was going to last?
Thing is, that STILL made more sense than what they're doing now- throwing ten pence at every new game that gets listed on steam despite the fact that that does NOTHING for the bottom line of Green Man Gaming and I highly doubt Valve is cutting them a check or giving them venture capital to do so.

At least with the F2P, you could generate numbers and go to every F2P maker and say "Look at what we've done- how much interest we've driven in these games. Give us X money, and we'll start to deliver new eyeballs to your product". That's a revenue stream.

Doing the vouchers is smart. If people don't have the game, they may buy it from Green Man Gaming. If they do have it, they'll likely buy DLC they wouldn't have. That's making sales.

Now that the numbers are drastically reduced (no more 50 pence for bundle games), you could still afford to toss out money at games that have been in bundles... because that's the hook you dangle out there to generate interest- even just one ten pence a day is probably enough to deeply set the hook into people. Which make your userbase numbers look bigger. Which lets you argue for more favorable terms with the F2P games you're selling eyeballs and the game makers you may be trying to bargain with for a more favorable price on their DLC.

The current model actually makes the LEAST sense. You're sending people toward buying full priced retail games from a system that isn't yours. Which means not only are they not spending money with you, they likely have less money TO spend with you.

Still, you have to keep in mind that you're getting paid something to play a game.
No, I'm not getting payed: I'm getting credit that I can use in their store which is a completely different thing.

If for every major release I get 1£ via rewards that money stacks and makes me consider buying other stuff on gmg because I have that to knock down the price.

How many 10 cent games do you have to play to make a worth amount of money? Especially crappy or almost unknown titles? Vouchers are a great idea, but every one of them available is for season passes which I never buy :(

Available until Wednesday 29 October, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Data Hacker: Corruption - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Deathtrap - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Meadowland - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Moonlight Minions - unlock Smite - £0.10
  • Prophour23 - unlock Day II - £0.10
I'm starting to feel like how Neuro515 must feel, posting pointless GamersGate deals every day.

suicide.gif

Available until Thursday 30 October, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Did anyone else get the email about the Evolve beta key reward? I  have the email but none of the links go to anything that even references the Evolve beta as a reward.

Did anyone else get the email about the Evolve beta key reward? I have the email but none of the links go to anything that even references the Evolve beta as a reward.
If you fakeybro'd the new Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel game and play it for over an hour you'll get a key for the Evolve Alpha.

Read about it here

Available until Sunday 2 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• 7th Legion - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Enforcer: Police Crime Action - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Redline - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sign Motion - unlock Ballooning - £0.10
  • Slave Zero - play for the first time  - £0.10
  • Sproggiwood - unlock Weapon of Mass Destruction - £0.10
officerBarbrady.gif

Looks like VIP section got updated.

Borderlands presequel & Season Pass added

-26%. But I think I'll wait for  50%... 75%... GOTY... Gold... Complete... 'Complete+'.

Looks like VIP section got updated.

Borderlands presequel & Season Pass added

-26%. But I think I'll wait for 50%... 75%... GOTY... Gold... Complete... 'Complete+'.
I need killer deals on BL2 Season Pass + some of the character DLC's + 2 of them VH Level Cap increases first!

Available until Monday 3 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Dungeon of the Endless - unlock Basic Training - £0.10
  • Fabula Mortis - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Mythos: The Beginning - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Retro-Pixel Castles - play for the first time - £0.10
  • REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR - unlock Scorch - £0.10
  • Robowars - play for the first time - £0.10
  • TesserAct - play for the first time - £0.10
giphy.gif

Available until Tuesday 4 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• BlazeRush - unlock Epic Fail - £0.10
  • Daedalus - No Escape - unlock Close combat - £0.10
  • Lords Of The Fallen - unlock The real Lords starts here - £0.10
  • Lords Of The Fallen - unlock Myself again - £0.10
  • Lords Of The Fallen - unlock He speaks in riddles - £0.10
  • Lords Of The Fallen - unlock No time for losers - £0.10
giphy.gif

Available until Wednesday 5 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Coin Crypt - unlock Forest Steps - £0.10
  • QbQbQb - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sanitarium - unlock Limbo - £0.10
  • Spacebase DF-9 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tail Drift - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Detail - unlock Stop, Murderer! - £0.10\

Huzzah! A bundle game!!

QbQbQb was in IndieGala's Rise of Flight bundle. Steam keys are available on Desura if you bought it.

Did Playfire ever sort out that "email addresses ever so slightly different for Playfire and GMG accounts so you can't spend your Playfire credit" bug?

I officially declare Playfire rewards dead in my eyes. I never have the games, and the credit is usually abysmal. I commend you to keep updating it, but i'm officially done.

I hope for the best in the future and hopefully Playfire returns to being a somewhat decent service of providing a few games and rewards you can get from actually playing them...or being something else coughpiratecough.

Good luck everyone!

Advanced Warfare is now in the VIP section and going for $50 for anyone that's interested. Looks like you can use credit for it.

Available until Thursday 6 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Dark Arcana: The Carnival - unlock LIFESAVER - £0.10
  • Farming Simulator 15 - unlock Out of Debt - £0.10
  • Guns n Zombies - unlock DIEHARD - £0.10
  • Hail to the King: Deathbat - unlock Nice to meet you - £0.10
  • Majestic Nights - unlock Cinephile - £0.10
  • The Forest of Doom - unlock Mr. Kessler - £0.10
  • Woah Dave! - unlock 2 Buck Chuck - £0.10
120.gif

Ok, just noticed this post in PlayFire's blog from one of the PlayFire people ...

broadfoot88 posted 3 days, 16 hours ago • Report

@Vivakia - I feel ya buddy - we're in something of a holding pattern at the moment. We're trying to work out the best way for us to be able to manage the rewards in a way that they are fun whilst not costing the business too dearly. One of the real issues so far this year has been how much credit has gone to people who've cheated the system, which is why we've had to remove rewards for existing titles. It won't be too long before we have a clear plan of action.

In the meanwhile, I hope that there will still be rewards for new games that you'll be able to collect and there is some potential for us to do cool things with the codes for rewards beyond just that of vouchers (the Evolve BETA key giveaway was a good learning experience for us).
Seems like rewards are now going to stay this way for the foreseeable future. New releases only.

It was good while it lasted I guess.

Going forward with this thread I'm ONLY going to post games I know CAGs may already have or are significant (i.e. > 10p). Noone who buys a new game is going to care if it has a single 10p reward for it.

Ok, just noticed this post in PlayFire's blog from one of the PlayFire people ...

Seems like rewards are now going to stay this way for the foreseeable future. New releases only.

It was good while it lasted I guess.

Going forward with this thread I'm ONLY going to post games I know CAGs may already have or are significant (i.e. > 10p). Noone who buys a new game is going to care if it has a single 10p reward for it.
Lol damn pirates

Undertandable, I guess.

Slightly more frustrating is that I've legitimately racked up nearly £21 of credit and can't spend a penny of it as they still haven't fixed that email address ID bug thingy.

Someone should let them know that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is out and ready for its .10 reward already.

Kind of a bummer about the rewards, but I don't think anyone is surprised. I'm not sure how throwing a dime at new games is going to generate much excitement. Their announcement better be amazing or this service is doomed.

Someone should let them know that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is out and ready for its .10 reward already.
I already beat the game already :\ Not sure how many of the achievements I unlocked. Playfire is usually on the ball with rewards but they're slacking so hard.

Available until Sunday 9 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Ended up using my credits to get CoD:AW for $28 because no one has a good deal in the master trade thread :\

Available until Tuesday 11 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Space Warp - unlock New Record - £0.10
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - unlock A Cube of Meat - £0.10
  • The Slaughtering Grounds - play for the first time - £0.10
Space Warp and The Slaughtering Grounds are both freebies you might have picked up.

Rebirth has been bought by some of you FakeCAGs.  :shame:

Available until Tuesday 11 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Space Warp - unlock New Record - £0.10
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - unlock A Cube of Meat - £0.10
  • The Slaughtering Grounds - play for the first time - £0.10
Space Warp and The Slaughtering Grounds are both freebies you might have picked up.

Rebirth has been bought by some of you FakeCAGs. :shame:
Space Warp - New record = make slow time first then faster one, takes less than minute.

I just got a key for this one in my email from WGN ... 

Available until Sunday 9 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• RIP - unlock Fast death - £0.10

• RIP - unlock Fast death - £0.10
You can probably get this by reconnecting to the one server with people on it over and over until you manage to kill the one other person on the server before they kill you. Five times.

But it's not worth it. Your time is more valuable than that.

Available until Sunday 16 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Pitiri 1977 - play for the first time - £0.10

This was in the Humble Multimedia Fusion 2 bundle.

(Info shamelessly stolen from spoderman)

For those that aren't checking with Madjoki's PlayFire tool here's some bundle/freebie rewards that are available right now ...

Wickland Play for the first time £ 0.10 (until the 20th)
Grass Simulator Play for the first time £ 0.10 (until the 23rd)
Siege of Inaolia Play for the first time £ 0.10 (until the 23rd)
Ensign-1 [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Play for the first time[/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px]£ 0.10[/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px](until the 23rd)[/SIZE]
Phoenix Force [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Play for the first time[/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px]£ 0.10[/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px](until the 23rd)[/SIZE]
We Slay Monsters [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Play for the first time[/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px]£ 0.10[/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px](until the 24th)[/SIZE]

For those that aren't checking with Madjoki's PlayFire tool here's some bundle/freebie rewards that are available right now ...

Wickland Play for the first time £ 0.10 (until the 20th)
Grass Simulator Play for the first time £ 0.10 (until the 23rd)
Siege of Inaolia Play for the first time £ 0.10 (until the 23rd)
Ensign-1 Play for the first time £ 0.10 (until the 23rd)
Phoenix Force Play for the first time £ 0.10 (until the 23rd)
We Slay Monsters Play for the first time £ 0.10 (until the 24th)
Oh, hey, I actually own something in one of these lists for the first time in months.

Available until Wednesday 26 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Everlasting Summer - unlock Semyon, bad end - £0.10

Sweet! An excuse to play this game without just looking like a pervert!

I missed posting this one, it's active for another coupla days ...

Available until Monday 24 November, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

If you can get your keys from IndieGala (it's in the Every Monday #7 ... but people are reporting they were there and now aren't) you have about 7 hours to get the "Play for the first time" reward for Ocean City Racing.

I got an email from the help desk from GMG as I could not purchase from their site.  I had not paid attention for many months to playfire rewards and only starting going for them in the last several months.  Well, that tripped their radar I guess.  I wasted months of hours playing games for achievements to only have credit taken away, being kicked out of playfire and being accused.  I found it funny that I still would receive emails from payfire after my account was flagged and unable to get credit.  

I used madjoki's steam tool and enhanced steam (along with this thread) to help track the achievements that could be earned.  There were times that I would earn an achievement and not receive credit as well.

One less thing to fixate on now.  I guess I should consider myself lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back