[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

Yeah.. I like the Monday bundles they've been doing for the past few months, and buy most of them (and tremorbro games from the ones I don't)
Maybe I should partake in this tremor stuff...most of the times I want a game or two and this will allow me to do it...hmmmm.

Maybe I should partake in this tremor stuff...most of the times I want a game or two and this will allow me to do it...hmmmm.
Tremor can be a real chore sometimes to get points, but is the ideal way to cherry pick the 1-2 good games out of Indie Gala bundles and Spoder, DFG, Malkan, Modestpackage, and some of the other tremorbros would probably be more than happy to let you know about the best offers at any given time.

New IG Every Monday Bundle is up

$1.89 for

in Space
Glorkian Warrior - The Trials Of Glork
Fermi's Path
Luminosity
Cargo 3
Quantum Rush Champions

I just added Quantum Rush to my wishlist this morning. Suwheet.
Blade's doing a group buy! ;)

$1.61 per slot. Just PM me.

The best Tremor offers are the free trial ones. I don't like tremor after they took away my coins, but I created a new account and did the easiest free trial offers. There's one that's basically a Hindi Netflix called Videostripe (goes by another name, too) that gives enough for 3-4 games and has a 14-day free trial with easy online cancellation. Crunchyroll and ABCmouse are also high yielding with easy online cancellations. Done those twice so far (on different accounts) and haven't been charged. Also, it seems that prepaid Amex cards work, so if you have one you don't have to worry about not cancelling it in time.

[quote name="Blade" post="12732369" timestamp="1433782558"]Blade's doing a group buy! ;)

$1.61 per slot. Just PM me.

The best Tremor offers are the free trial ones. I don't like tremor after they took away my coins, but I created a new account and did the easiest free trial offers. There's one that's basically a Hindi Netflix called Videostripe (goes by another name, too) that gives enough for 3-4 games and has a 14-day free trial with easy online cancellation. Crunchyroll and ABCmouse are also high yielding with easy online cancellations. Done those twice so far (on different accounts) and haven't been charged. Also, it seems that prepaid Amex cards work, so if you have one you don't have to worry about not cancelling it in time.
[/quote]
More like "poop buy", amirite?

Eh, that Tremor stuff sounds like too much of a hassle, even compared to the bazaar of Steamgifts/trades and the Steam Group Buy forums. ...Or even the trade forums here!

...Or maybe I should just sign up on Kinguin/G2A to start selling my leftovers...

Doll hair videos. Lots and lots of doll hair videos. And the occasional music video with titles like "Panties Off".

That's how I get my Tremor coins.

Tremor can be a real chore sometimes to get points, but is the ideal way to cherry pick the 1-2 good games out of Indie Gala bundles and Spoder, DFG, Malkan, Modestpackage, and some of the other tremorbros would probably be more than happy to let you know about the best offers at any given time.
Ive been passed out in the tavern. has that Tremor boat already sailed or is it even still possible to start now with any hope of seeing a game without heavy lifting? Is there a post somewhere on here how to get started?

Doll hair videos. Lots and lots of doll hair videos. And the occasional music video with titles like "Panties Off".

That's how I get my Tremor coins.
Doll hair and now stories about doll hair. I never get music videos...unless that "Panties Off" video is this "How Emergency Contraception Works" video I'm seeing *ahem*

Ive been passed out in the tavern. has that Tremor boat already sailed or is it even still possible to start now with any hope of seeing a game without heavy lifting? Is there a post somewhere on here how to get started?
I got 1000+ coins today pretty easily, enough for 2-3 low-tier bundle games usually. A majority of that was from a couple insurance offers that I'm not sure show up for everyone, however.

This is Cheaplikeafox's guide. A few things have changed since then, but that's the basics I suppose. I'll throw some more in a spoiler:

The Download/Install offers got too buggy/too cheap for me to deal with. Adscend used to be a steady source for coins, but unless things have changed it pretty much sucks. The last time I messed with it, OfferToro seemed to have the best luck, but that's been a few months. Either way, you can assume pretty much any installer package will have spyware or some other annoyance bundled with it, so you will want to download it from a sandboxed browser and install it in the sandbox.

Supersonic is the default tab and isn't great. The only thing I bother with from them are the "videos." Some of them are the clickfarming "56 weird secrets about X" links, which credit without you clicking though. Usually there's one or two actual videos, some of which can be done multiple times for a decent way to get some coins.

PeanutLabs is the one I've had the best luck with recently. Sort the offers by "Popular" and go to town. Hopefully you get auto/life insurance offers, because those have been the best I've seen lately (one credited for just a ZIP, while the other needed the local McDonald's address and an automated phone number). Other highlights are a bunch of health slideshows that should credit instantly, diabetes info signups, etc. I don't usually mess with the surveys as they generally involve prescreening to qualify, so if you or your random answers don't fit the criteria you get nothing. Some of the offers repeat across different tabs and may only credit once, just something to watch.

Persona is the only other tab I do much with. It's pretty similar to PeanutLabs, but it's tougher to sort and find the stuff I want.

Generally the other tabs either have a terrible interface, don't consistently give credit, or both.

You can also trade in Steam trading cards. It's kind of a pain since they only accept certain ones and limit how many you can trade per day, but if you link your account it cross checks against your inventory. Depending on how much they offer, it may make more sense to just sell them on Steam, but I'd say coins are worth a little more than Steam currency since bundle pricing is typically cheaper than Steam sales. Make sure you follow all the steps (friending the right account - there are fakes, turning off email verification for trading, confirming the amount of coins it will credit).

As a rule of thumb, I pretty much stick to stuff I can send to my spam email/spam Facebook. I don't go for anything that needs a credit card (not that there aren't some legit free trials), don't actually download anything, and don't give real info. I don't have a smartphone, so I can't vouch for any of those offers, but I wouldn't do them on a phone I cared about.

Doll hair and now stories about doll hair. I never get music videos...unless that "Panties Off" video is this "How Emergency Contraception Works" video I'm seeing *ahem*
Edit: Okay I give up trying to post a YouTube video on CAG mobile. Pretend you see some ghetto ass video with some dude saying Take Dem Panties Off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Okay I give up trying to post a YouTube video on CAG mobile. Pretend you see some ghetto ass video with some dude saying Take Dem Panties Off.
I looked up Take Dem Panties Off Video on google...that was four hours ago....I still haven't found that video...although I did forget what I was lookign for...many many times. I did get 8 coins to find out How Emergency Contraception Work...

Oddly I've never seen that video, I don't get videos on the videos tab, v11 or hypermx anymore..for about a year. But I can style the HELL out of a doll's hair now.

<snip>I don't have a smartphone, so I can't vouch for any of those offers, but I wouldn't do them on a phone I cared about.
Since I have an old smartphone I turned into a media player and do the apps sometimes I comment on that. If different apps on a wall have the same coins then you won't get coins for any after the first. Plus if the app or any other from the same provider are on other walls you won't get any there either. Basically what I mean is doing an app on one wall means you can't do three others on that wall and another 6 or or 7 across other walls. So..it's complicated.

I get all my Tremor points by purchasing and trading in my $20 Subway gift cards.  Doesn't everyone do that?

In reality, I half-ass the Tremor stuff, mainly using my old Galaxy S2 to download the Android apps (and delete them after I get credited) which gives it a second function in life besides amusing my 4-year old with Crossy Roads at restaurants.  I once managed to get a trial account for some service to accept an old pre-paid card with 30¢ left on it and never got dinged.  Only tried a few surveys and stuff but they never credit so I don't waste time on them now.

I have dreams about needing a hotel room and using that 16,000 point offer from that one hotel room app :cool:

I tried doing the Android app offers using my first gen Galaxy tab, but I never got the points for them. Agreed that surveys are a pain in the ass and not worth the time; you can spend 10 minutes doing one and then not qualify and get 1 coin.

Must just be some bad luck on the surveys, I took two this morning and got 2100 coins.

I've gotten the wonky ones too though, hate getting all the way through the survey and then magically I'm disqualified... WTF is that about?

I'm sure someone gets coins for the survey since they usually have 2.5-3 stars so someone must be upvoting them.  But the risk vs return on them isn't worth the time for me to take them.  I mean, I'm just using these coins on shit bundle games anyway -- if I cared THAT much about any specific game, I'd have paid the $2 for the bundle.

I think I've only had one app fail to pay out for me.  I only pick the ones that pay out upon opening them; screw the "Reach level 5" stuff.  Amusingly, downloading the apps via Tremor seems to go around Google Play's usual minimum spec barrier.  I was able to download Hearthstone on my S2 although the app itself gave me a warning that I was under spec.  I did get my couple hundred points out of it though.

Just to prove I'm not completely insane

BxkzeC5.png

This is the Official Tremor thread, right?

New hump day bundle is up.

$1.00 Tier

[SIZE=10.5pt]Escape Machines[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Crazy Cars - Hit the Road[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]R.O.O.T.S[/SIZE]

$2.89 or more for the first day

[SIZE=10.5pt]Super Furball[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Terra Incognita ~ Chapter One: The Descendant[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]StarFence[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]PeriAreion[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]QuestEvent[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The Undying Plague[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Monument Builders - Alcatraz[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Aaru's Awakening[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Insecticide Part 1[/SIZE]

People are saying the bundles are getting better but they are looking worse and worse to me. I think it's because we got so many tremorbros here and they're watching about doll hair and panties and using questionable Android apps to earn enough points to get the 1 or 2 unbundled games which have a mixed rating on Steam instead of being negative. I am getting about like 1 out of 10 bundles now. I think Bundlestars is like 1 out of 5 and Groupees 1 out of 8 maybe. Humble 1 out of 10 too...with me being weak to Android bundles. Bundles are going down IMHO or at least I'm buying less and less.

Some Steam Keys:

Banzai Pecan - CL5LK-5790W-5ZQYZ

FortressCraft - AWAYK-3N476-D4MLC

Train of Afterlife - CKA6X-CKPWE-489A9

Terrain Saga - BBGBW-PH0LI-KDQFC

Vanguard Princess - CGVPB-VGRQG-QJ4CL

Vanguard Princess Hilde - CKPVD-5JM6W-KNJI9

Vessel - 8Y9XC-IY2RH-DPWMD

Viscera Cleanup Santa - AQJ6N-GFKC2-4B7P4

Enjoy!

Edit:

Knock-Knock - 7MZWA-7LHTY-39LE5

Naissance -   8V7H5-0QTNY-L60Q2

Some Steam Keys:

FortressCraft - AWAYK-3N476-D4MLC

Train of Afterlife - CKA6X-CKPWE-489A9

Vanguard Princess Hilde - CKPVD-5JM6W-KNJI9

Knock-Knock - 7MZWA-7LHTY-39LE5

Naissance - 8V7H5-0QTNY-L60Q2
Had a field day. Was surprised after I applied each one to my account. Were around for a few mins.

P.S. - My Mirror's Edge Origin offer is still open. First to Pm gets it! [offer first appeared in Steam thread]

Thanks,, got banzai pecan and Visc Santa. Much appreciated

Some Steam Keys:

Terrain Saga - BBGBW-PH0LI-KDQFC

Vanguard Princess - CGVPB-VGRQG-QJ4CL

Vessel - 8Y9XC-IY2RH-DPWMD

Viscera Cleanup Santa - AQJ6N-GFKC2-4B7P4

Enjoy!

Edit:

Some Steam Keys:

Terrain Saga - BBGBW-PH0LI-KDQFC

Vanguard Princess - CGVPB-VGRQG-QJ4CL

Vessel - 8Y9XC-IY2RH-DPWMD

Viscera Cleanup Santa - AQJ6N-GFKC2-4B7P4

Enjoy!

Edit:

Grabbed Vessel. Thanks!

People are saying the bundles are getting better but they are looking worse and worse to me. I think it's because we got so many tremorbros here and they're watching about doll hair and panties and using questionable Android apps to earn enough points to get the 1 or 2 unbundled games which have a mixed rating on Steam instead of being negative. I am getting about like 1 out of 10 bundles now. I think Bundlestars is like 1 out of 5 and Groupees 1 out of 8 maybe. Humble 1 out of 10 too...with me being weak to Android bundles. Bundles are going down IMHO or at least I'm buying less and less.
I can't tell you the last bundle I bought from any of the sites. Going by Humble the last one I got there was the second Zen Pinball Bundle for $1 last November. I doubt I've gotten a Poopies since then. Probably not Gala, either, since I'd usually group buy those and I don't remember doing that as I'd go through FoxOS.com.gov.edu

bundlestars has been very good to me.  The last Humble for me was the previous weekly (Slitherine Bundle).  Indiegala..well, I just wait for HH if I want 50% of the game.  Poopees.. I didn't even touch it since BM13.  Indieroyale.. last purchase was 2 yrs ago. 

The new IG Monday is up, but at $1.99 instead of $1.89? For these games?

• Lilly & Sasha: Curse of the Immortals
  • The Adventures of Tree
  • The Music Machine
  • Light Bound
  • Frankenstein: Master of Death
  • 12 Labours of Hercules
  • Uncrowded

Maybe it's because they all have cards.

Anyway, I'll host a group buy for this. It's $1.70 per slot. Send me a PM to get in.

meh I'll just Tremobro Frank and possibly Light Bound The Music Machine but that seems a bit 2artCfartC4u.

Have the rest except for Uncrowded which is $1.99 regular price and looks terrible.

Because I don't follow every deal in the universe?

I don't know. I never noticed it and never noticed anyone mentioning it. I would have taken it for free but for pay or fake Tremor coins hard earned from watching doll hair videos I'm just eh.

Okay I googled Lightbound free key, found the group you were supposed to join, found that I was in it and found the page you go to claim your key and I got one so D'OH.

I don't remember anyone announcing the damned thing was out and distributing keys. I guess I missed the feed announcement and apparently also the announcement in my own damned Keys Added group.

Anyway thanks Madj. I only need Frank now.

Double D'OH. I always had Light Bound and I meant The Music Machine which I don't have. It's too early in the morning for me to distinguish crappy Indie games.

bread's done
Back