[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

I hope we'll see happy hour soon. At $6 that gala bundle can't compete with HiB 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, so a bunch of entitled brats. Got it.
Not exactly. I don't personally have a dog in this fight because I don't have a copy of the Gala nor did I buy IM early, but the situation is a bit more complex than you paint it. The problem was that people bought the SuperFancy with Loads of ExtrasTM Edition (aka Spearhead Edition) for $40 to support the game while it was (and remains) in Steam's "Early Access" program. Those people were basically given a middle finger by the devs who turned around and put the SFwLoE version in the second tier of an IndieGala, so others were getting their "exclusive" content for $35 cheaper.

While the lesson here is that you should probably steer clear of "Early Access" stuff unless you REALLY want to support the devs or the money doesn't really matter to you (or both), I think you can understand why people might be a little cheesed off about that kind of dough.

Not exactly. I don't personally have a dog in this fight because I don't have a copy of the Gala nor did I buy IM early, but the situation is a bit more complex than you paint it. The problem was that people bought the SuperFancy with Loads of ExtrasTM Edition (aka Spearhead Edition) for $40 to support the game while it was (and remains) in Steam's "Early Access" program. Those people were basically given a middle finger by the devs who turned around and put the SFwLoE version in the second tier of an IndieGala, so others were getting their "exclusive" content for $35 cheaper.

While the lesson here is that you should probably steer clear of "Early Access" stuff unless you REALLY want to support the devs or the money doesn't really matter to you (or both), I think you can understand why people might be a little cheesed off about that kind of dough.
I really wonder how much of that rage is genuine. I mean paying $40 for an Early Access game is roughly equivalent to kickstarting (esp at that level), which means you really want to support that game getting made.

Things go on sale all the time. If you paid money for something you are judging that you believe that thing is worth what you've paid. That product you received is still the same product even if it drops in price later. If I buy a $50 game I believe it's $50 quality and when it drops to $20 I'm not suddenly playing a worse game that I only "should" have paid $20 for. The fact that the developers had to issue a multi-paragraph apology over putting their game in a bundle which supports charity is mind-blowing.

I also don't see the word "exclusive" anywhere on the Steam page for the game.

Also I don't think Early Access really has anything to do with this or rather -- this has nothing to do with "steering clear" of Early Access, because those people would be upset/entitled regardless. Early Access is simply buying a game earlier, and not every game comes with a higher price of admission for it (in regards to "money doesn't really matter to you, but this is a different matter entirely).

I really wonder how much of that rage is genuine. I mean paying $40 for an Early Access game is roughly equivalent to kickstarting (esp at that level), which means you really want to support that game getting made.
I can say that I'm a bit tweaked by the SE being included. To me, that was the not-so-cool move on the devs part.

And yet a lot of people on this forum complain when the game they bought for $3-4 gets included in a bundle. So entitled brats etc etc.

And yet a lot of people on this forum complain when the game they bought for $3-4 gets included in a bundle. So entitled brats etc etc.
There's a difference between going "damn, I should have waited" and launching an all-out assault on the developers for ruining your life. Wanting to get a game cheaper is not entitlement.

Yeah, adding the soopah special edition was a horrible idea.  Especially when the base tier had the vanilla effectively giving people three copies of the game.

Early Access to Interstellar Marines including all future updates and expansions + Join the Spearhead unit (unique honorary game profile) + Your username in the Hall of Honor and your name in the credits of the game + Digital download of the Interstellar Marines: The Beginning soundtrack and all future soundtracks + Digital download of art book when it’s ready + Get 1 extra Interstellar Marines Steam Key to gift to a friend.
That to me is considered exclusive for an early access game.

Things go on sale all the time. If you paid money for something you are judging that you believe that thing is worth what you've paid. That product you received is still the same product even if it drops in price later. If I buy a $50 game I believe it's $50 quality and when it drops to $20 I'm not suddenly playing a worse game that I only "should" have paid $20 for. The fact that the developers had to issue a multi-paragraph apology over putting their game in a bundle which supports charity is mind-blowing.

Also I don't think Early Access really has anything to do with this or rather -- this has nothing to do with "steering clear" of Early Access, because those people would be upset/entitled regardless. Early Access is simply buying a game earlier, and not every game comes with a higher price of admission for it (in regards to "money doesn't really matter to you, but this is a different matter entirely).
Actually the "Early Access" is the reason I think these folks have a genuine beef with the dev.

Yes, it's likely that some folks would complain either way. Also I agree that just complaining about something that went on sale or was bundled when you paid full-price or whatever for it is silly and pointless (not that we don't all do it from time to time).

But the fact that this isn't a "finished" game and people are getting what ashes equated to Kickstarter bonuses just for ponying up for an average IG is what irritates people. However, I also think that "Early Access" is stupid and should probably be shelved altogether.

Yeah, same here, but really $6 is still a crazy deal so I won't be so upset. It's cheaper than my lunch so I'll brown bag it 1 day.
I already brown bag it so I will have to find something else to give up. $6.00 would just about cover 2 months worth of my sewer bill so maybe I'll chuck that in the garbage and play IM Spearhead Edition while my toilet backs up. :D

They're probably just trying to milk it dry at full price before happy hour gets in. The sales have been really good so far, so it makes sense. Happy hour would add a crap ton of sales, they wouldn't pass that up.

They're probably just trying to milk it dry at full price before happy hour gets in. The sales have been really good so far, so it makes sense. Happy hour would add a crap ton of sales, they wouldn't pass that up.
Yeah, similar thing happened with the Deadly Premonition (IG January) bundle. Never get fooled again!

re:

You're entitled and you suck

No you don't get it and you suck

You suck MOAR

No U!

Can we not?

Anyway the developers already apologized and admitted they made a mistake so it's kind of a moot point.

Let's get back to the game of Happy Hour chicken instead of the usual The Internet™ bullshit please.

46186072.jpg

That and they haven't revealed the last game. Last time you had a bit of a grumble from people upset they did HH before they revealed the final game, which I thought was stupid because 1 last probably lame bonus game shouldn't really be the deciding factor on a $2 purchase, but I know some people complained.

re: Maureens

I get the rage, but at the same time nothing in the Early Access language says anything they give you in the super cool edition is exclusive to early access or anything like that. I've seen kickstarters with that type of language so I could see people being miffed if that happened, but that's not the case here so you can't really hold the devs to not holding something exclusive when they never said they would.

I've early accessed a few things in my lifetime, but I never go for the super cool edition because it really just amounts to charity donation for pointless knick knack a la PBS charity drive.

Since we're needing to do TASTES GREAT! NO LESS FILLING! NO TASTES GREAT! I'll just put it out there that I fully agree that Kickstarter is basically a charity and people need to think of it that way. However at the same time I don't get why these developers needed to put the superduperxtraspecialheyIpaidmoremoneyforthis edition in the Indiegala when cheap bundle buyers would have been just as happy to just have the game itself for $1. Nor do I get how these devs didn't see this coming a mile away, because The Internet™, or why if they absolutely felt they needed to give some extra junk that bundle buyers quite frankly don't give a shit about anyway that they couldn't have just half assed in some exclusive Indie Gala Albanian Hooker pink laser gun or some equally nonsense crap that would take like 5 minutes to recolor.

All of this aside whether anyone agrees with it or not or whatever the reasons they think for it the developers said it was a mistake on their part, tried to remove their game from IG and apologized. Some random guy on the internet going ZOMG UR ENTITLED doesn't change that the developers said 'We fucked up'.

so you interrupt a perfectly civil discussion by saying the discussion is stupid and then write a long post within the discussion

i said the people flipping out were entitled brats, yes. and they are. the people who are a bit bothered by this, though, like the people in this thread, are actually talking to me and telling me why they think it's a big deal.

the developers said they fucked up because they had to. if you can't read their post and get that they're essentially saying "yeah, sorry we tried to support charity, assholes" then I don't know what apology you read.

alternatively, we can do what you suggested before and just drop it, but that doesn't include coming back later and bringing it up again as you just did

Soooo...final bonus game. Is there any chance that it's NOT PixelJunk Eden?

EDIT: Well It looks like PixelJunk Eden is actually published by a different publisher than the other two PixelJunk games. So yeah, I guess there is a chance for that it wont end up as the final bonus.

Still can't see what's so spectacular about interstellar marines. Tried it for a bit and seems to be your everyday MP FPS but with a removable helmet

Still can't see what's so spectacular about interstellar marines. Tried it for a bit and seems to be your everyday MP FPS but with a removable helmet
I don't think anyone has said its spectacular. Its just that its an Early Access game and barely anyone owns it so everybody is excited to get it dirt cheap is all I think. lol.

Although, the sharkdog things from some of the trailers that will be in the single player campaign do look pretty badass. lol.

I don't think anyone has said its spectacular. Its just that its an Early Access game and barely anyone owns it so everybody is excited to get it dirt cheap is all I think. lol.

Although, the sharkdog things from some of the trailers that will be in the single player campaign do look pretty badass. lol.
I was/am excited for the SP campaign as it was being being described to be what A:CM could have been. I could kind of care less about the MP aspects and thus have only booted it up once thus far.

I wasn't talking mainly about this sale, but the game itself. Maybe I should read more about what it will be when finished xD

I was/am excited for the SP campaign as it was being being described to be what A:CM could have been. I could kind of care less about the MP aspects and thus have only booted it up once thus far.
I think that if an edition comes with 2 copies And they included 3 copies in this bundle (I don't think it was unintentional) is because they want to focus on the MP aspects and want their servers to be very populated. I'm not saying the SP won't be great, I hope that too.

I think that if an edition comes with 2 copies And they included 3 copies in this bundle (I don't think it was unintentional) is because they want to focus on the MP aspects and want their servers to be very populated. I'm not saying the SP won't be great, I hope that too.
I don't know how they envision giving me extra copies will better populate their servers, since I can't very well play three instances of it at once...

oi got the main game for free from their Site when i sign up so i want finish the im to Spearhead edition to be done

I don't know how they envision giving me extra copies will better populate their servers, since I can't very well play three instances of it at once...
but ur merge nutS cana play too and myterds and his derick

Has anyone received their keys for the Indie Gala Interstellar bundle? I'm starting to worry these guys are a scam. I have yet to receive any email from them (nothing in Spam). My credit card has been charged but I have no email with keys. I signed up two days ago on Monday. Has anyone had issue with them? I've sent a few emails already to their support but no reply. No activity on their twitter account in the last few days either.

Indiegala Crapsule Computers bundle is live. 

Repeats and mediocrity galore! At least Dead Sky is new, I think, and Hero Siege is pretty damn fun.

Has anyone received their keys for the Indie Gala Interstellar bundle? I'm starting to worry these guys are a scam. I have yet to receive any email from them (nothing in Spam). My credit card has been charged but I have no email with keys. I signed up two days ago on Monday. Has anyone had issue with them? I've sent a few emails already to their support but no reply. No activity on their twitter account in the last few days either.
Did you try the Key Resender button at the top of the page?

You didn't use one of the forbidden emails did you? @me.com or @mac.com or @icloud.com

I received mine within 5 minutes of purchasing. As I have pretty much every time.

I guess it depends on the whether there is a HH and what bonus games but I'll probably get the dollar bundle minimum by the end of the Crapsule bundle.

Hero Siege and Dead Sky are appealing but, for me, the bonuses would have to be worthwhile... and they usually aren't.

bread's done
Back