[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

What the hell... I'm in for a buck. 

I keep asking myself though, if I saw these games lying about in a bargain bin at some retail store -- would I still buy them? Probably not. Steam, you dirty temptress. 

Are they going to do happy hours for these? I mean I know it's already $1 but they have the whole buy it as a gift etc thing going on.

It says right now 5 gifts are $4.25 so does that mean it comes out to 85 cents each? Sorry, Gala math makes my head hurt.

Anyway in for it since I want The Girl and The Robot and am kind of interested in Sinister City, though now I feel trolled for buying Inescapable by itself for $1 on Groupees.

Reading replies on desura for the girl and the robot and the dev said back I'm February that steam keys would only be given to the games kickstarter backers.........soooooo

Reading replies on desura for the girl and the robot and the dev said back I'm February that steam keys would only be given to the games kickstarter backers.........soooooo
Oh I think he may change his mind if a shitstorm happens. I'll start sharpening my pitchfork now.

*Edited to add: Though Gala really should make it more clear whether or not you will be getting future Steam keys for Greenlight games. By putting a Greenlight/Greenlit game in their bundles the general implication that most people will assume is that Steam keys will be distributed later unless stated otherwise.

*Edit 2: According to the Gala rep on Reddit this bundle is "curated by Capsule Computers" who generally have been good with distributing keys so perhaps that's another source to go to if things go sour later.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSA: The Indie Gala Greenlight Bundle is now on a timer: $1.00 for the first 24 hours before a price increase.

Edit:

Oh I think he may change his mind if a shitstorm happens. I'll start sharpening my pitchfork now.

*Edited to add: Though Gala really should make it more clear whether or not you will be getting future Steam keys for Greenlight games. By putting a Greenlight/Greenlit game in their bundles the general implication that most people will assume is that Steam keys will be distributed later unless stated otherwise.
Clicking on each game in the Indle Gala bundle page, the descriptions say "IMPORTANT: Steam keys will be added to every purchase once this game will be available on Steam." So if keys don't get distributed, you may have a better chance of taking the fight to IG for their promise instead of the dev.

I keep asking myself though, if I saw these games lying about in a bargain bin at some retail store -- would I still buy them? Probably not. Steam, you dirty temptress.
I probably would. I picked up the original Sacred Gold for $1 at retail once upon a time.

Are they going to do happy hours for these? I mean I know it's already $1 but they have the whole buy it as a gift etc thing going on.

It says right now 5 gifts are $4.25 so does that mean it comes out to 85 cents each? Sorry, Gala math makes my head hurt.

Anyway in for it since I want The Girl and The Robot and am kind of interested in Sinister City, though now I feel trolled for buying Inescapable by itself for $1 on Groupees.
Very unlikely there'll be happy hours. You're correct in your math on the group buys, but I don't feel like organizing that headache right now. If you want, try the group here.

Edit: Well, if there's going to be a price increase, maybe they'll be a Happy Hour? Personally I'm not risking it, I'll either get in now for the 85 cents or $1.

Edit 2: So someone on the thread I linked said he had issues getting the multiple bundles he paid for, so I'm gonna hold off on a group buy right now, but I'll probably end up getting one going anyways.

Indie developers really don't have any goddamn business sense. The Girl and the Robot had a successful ($35,000) kickstarter, received solid buzz in the press when it was announced, and so what do they do? Put it in a bundle for $.12 long before it's even finished.

No Steam keys would almost explain it, but thankfully I don't believe the internet rage machine will allow that to happen. Anyway, in for a bundle, this is a very good one by both Indie Gala and greenlight bundle standards.

1 dollar isn't bad but not sure about the games

The Girl and The Robot look gorgeous in it's little bundle picture but kind of poopy alpha 3D game in the video. I wanted the first look but the game looks kind of generic. 

Inescapable looks good and the one I would want the most.

Loot Hero....ugg that flash version gets boring after about 20 minutes....if I get will just give away this key.

Deep Eclipse looks ok...like a fancier Asteroids type game.

Chopin game looks decent and original.

Trophy Hunter 2....pass.

Rush for Glory got from Groupees already looks like a ripoff Warhammer art style with so-so gameplay....haven't tried it yet.

Sinister City looks like a generic low tier Adventure game.

So mainly want Chopin/Inescapable. For a dollar....mmm i'll think about it and see if i'm still interested tonight.

Just my 2 cents of course.

This is what I do when I overthink a game that's on sale. For example, the Jedi Knight bundle was $6. I thought "If this was a $10 collection on one disc back when I had my Xbox, I would snap it up in a second."

Funny how moving to PC changed me. A $15 game is a steal on console, but overpriced on PC :) Took me almost 2 days to pull the trigger on $10 Kerbal Space Program.

The Girl and The Robot look gorgeous in it's little bundle picture but kind of poopy alpha 3D game in the video. I wanted the first look but the game looks kind of generic.
To be fair, they're using the same footage that was on the Kickstarter back in... I wanna say October? I'm hoping it's progressed a bit since then.

Not that I really care, since I didn't back, but still, it'd be nice to see it turn into a decent game.

Clicking on each game in the Indle Gala bundle page, the descriptions say "IMPORTANT: Steam keys will be added to every purchase once this game will be available on Steam." So if keys don't get distributed, you may have a better chance of taking the fight to IG for their promise instead of the dev.
Thanks for pointing that out. I took a screen capture of it just in case they decide to pull some crap and pretend like it never happened.

Since I love overworking myself for $0 profit, I'm hosting group buys for this new bundle over here. Feel free to stop on by, but I only buy* the bundles after I get paid.

Since I love overworking myself for $0 profit, I'm hosting group buys for this new bundle over here. Feel free to stop on by, but I only send the bundles after I get paid.
wimpy.jpg

To those buying the bundle and have "Hunters Trophy 2" on Desura already, the code in this bundle adds a second game "Hunter's Trophy - America".

I thought it was the same game but apparently not.

Dumbass.

To those buying the bundle and have "Hunters Trophy 2" on Desura already, the code in this bundle adds a second game "Hunter's Trophy - America".

I thought it was the same game but apparently not.

Dumbass.
Because Hunterz 'Murcia Edition is far superior to just regular non-Murican huntin

It's a policy I only have over there because it's a different environment than CAG, and because I'm making $0 profit.

But yeah, I'd rather not be out money because some dope forgot to pay. :p
You should have that policy everywhere. That credit, forget it.

Because Hunterz 'Murcia Edition is far superior to just regular non-Murican huntin
This version has the special Dick Cheney level.

Threw in a buck into the Greenlight bundle. I usually don't go for bundle that only promise Steam keys but The Girl and The Robot look like a game that I'll enjoy even if it was Desura only.

I'm in the midst of getting the last group buy together. You'd be buyer #3 of 5. We'll see if we can get the other 2.
Do you have a copy left? I was planning to buy it this morning, but I got distracted by something and by the time I remembered it again, the introductory price had expired.

Do you have a copy left? I was planning to buy it this morning, but I got distracted by something and by the time I remembered it again, the introductory price had expired.
Sorry, I finished the group buy and already offered up my spare as part of a trade. I'll edit the post.

I picked up the Greenlight bundle and was able to get away with only paying a buck.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not talking about buying it off of somebody who bought a bunch of gifts the other day. I bought it for a buck directly from Indie Gala.

I picked up the Greenlight bundle and was able to get away with only paying a buck.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not talking about buying it off of somebody who bought a bunch of gifts the other day. I bought it for a buck directly from Indie Gala.
Leave it to them to mess up their own price increase.

Monday bundle is live.. $1.49

Containment The Zombie Puzzler (Steam)

Savant Ascent (Steam)

Final Rush (Steam)

Making History II (Steam)

MacGuffin's Curse (Steam)

The Fall of Gods (Desura)

Ocean City Racing (Desura/Greenlight)

Savant Ascent (Steam)

Final Rush (Steam)

I have yet to find these Monday things worth getting too excited about. Another grab-bag of four repeats and three other games I'l likely never play. I'll save my George Washington on the off chance that Humble or Groupees puts out something decent this week.

Savant Ascent (Steam)

Final Rush (Steam)

Perfect. I have the Jolly Rover from Last Dream, and was hesitant on redeeming it because of the pack on Steam that includes MacGuffin's Curse. Was hoping they'd include it as an unlock, but I guess they'd rather spread bundled games across several of these bundles. In for 1.

Too many repeats for me.

Containment is worth a single play-through. Zombie-themed connect five with a laugh or two, and where speed/reflexes trump logic/planning. 100% achievements is a grind for the last 2.

MacGuffin's curse has the same goofy humor and similar art style as Jolly Rover, but it's a straight 2D shift-the-block puzzler with a simple narrative. There are but a few really tough puzzles. 100% takes some planning, 'cause if you miss certain collectables you're looking at another playthrough, and it's not worth it.

I hear Savant's music is awesome.

Only one I would want is The Fall of Gods (Desura) and it looks just ok. I would love it in a better bundle, but yeah a pass for me. Seems like the Monday bundles are always the indiegala B or C team....decent enough stuff but nowhere that good either. 

bread's done
Back