pelican system selector pro $40 YMMV

minqqq

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
don't know if it's been posted, but i did a search and didn't find anything. gamestop B&M has system selector pros clearanced at $40. it may still say $80 but have them price check cause it's 50% off, and some do have a 50% off sticker. sweet find, been wanting this for a while and i still have to pick mine up.

I just came back from the nearest Microcenter and I bought one at $50. They are also in the ad so you should be able to PM at other retailers.

For anybody in the Dallas area: the location in Richardson only had 2 on the shelf and I bought one.

[quote name='javeryh']This thing works like it is supposed to but the lack of a remote control is annoying beyond belief. You have to get up and switch the thing manually every single time... god I'm lazy...[/QUOTE]

im lazy too but if your using this thing to play games then you need to get up tp turn on your console anyways!!!!!!!

i hope next gerneration consoles incorporate a remote control

[quote name='undyingforce5']im lazy too but if your using this thing to play games then you need to get up tp turn on your console anyways!!!!!!!

i hope next gerneration consoles incorporate a remote control[/QUOTE]

By next generation do you mean the ps2? Its remote turns the ps2 off. I love my slim with the infrared. :D

[quote name='Heyricochet']By next generation do you mean the ps2? Its remote turns the ps2 off. I love my slim with the infrared. :D[/QUOTE]

i wasnt aware you could use a remote for the PS2. now that i think about it xbox has a cotnrol also. but dont they have to be jacked into the first player controller slot?

[quote name='undyingforce5']i wasnt aware you could use a remote for the PS2. now that i think about it xbox has a cotnrol also. but dont they have to be jacked into the first player controller slot?[/QUOTE]

Don't know about Xbox, but the newer big PS2s, and also I believe the slim PS2s, have an infared port built in for the remote so you don't have to have the infared reciever in the controller port. It's very handy for DVDs and for lazy people :)

[quote name='undyingforce5']i wasnt aware you could use a remote for the PS2. now that i think about it xbox has a cotnrol also. but dont they have to be jacked into the first player controller slot?[/QUOTE]

No, you can put it in the fourth slot. But it does not turn the system on/off.

I got this on Ebay a couple months ago, and it works great. I love this product and i can't notice a difference even when you use component and 1080i resolution.

[quote name='fromunda cheese']I have a 20" toshiba tv with component inputs and the gamestop system selector hooked up. No problems at all.

When I hooked the same system selector up through the same wires to my 32" tv with stereo I noticed some lines on the screen on the xbox yet the gamecube component was clear.

You really just have to take it home, try it and if it doesn't work for your set up return it.[/QUOTE]

I asked 3 Gamestops in my area about the return policy on these system selectors and they said, once you open, it's yours. In other words, you can't get a refund.

I wanted to test these out since I heard there's a lot of interference, especially with teh cheap ones. I may look into the Pelican Pro at Fry's. I think they have a better return policy.

[quote name='Kayden']I got a 4 system auto switch from lik-sang.com for like $14. It works great. My TV has three AV ins, my VCR has 2 and my switcher has 4... and I still don't have room for them all[/QUOTE]

which one was it? how is the quality?

i assume it was this first one?

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=23&products_id=559&

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=23&products_id=4088&

for 15 bucks that isnt too bad.

a hell of a lot better than getting one for $80 for $40 or however much gamestop wants.

[quote name='rperez1025']Microcenter link

This was posted a while back with the other microcenter deals but really didn't get too much attention as it was mixed in with a lot of other gaming deals. I know a lot of people were interested in getting it at gamestop for the $40 price tag but the newer model with the remote is now available at microcenter for $10 more.

I ordered one for in store pick-up and the total came to a little under $54. If you have it shipped it comes to $56. In case anyone is wondering, I believe the only color available from Microcenter is silver.

I haven't had the chance to put it through it's paces yet but I look to do that soon. I'm just stoked that I found a decent switcher to hook up all my consoles to.[/QUOTE]
Is that the newer model that some have been talking about?

[quote name='tokerblue']You probably won't notice any loss in video quality if you are using S-Video or Component in 480p. You probably will notice a difference if you are using the Pelican switcher to pass 720p or 1080i signals. It simply doesn't have the bandwidth to pass the HD signals.[/QUOTE]

gamefaqs Fire Pro D boards, baby!

I got one and it works great except for my PS2. I can't get the modem to work through the selector. Works fine for the Xbox. Other than that I love it.

bread's done
Back