Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

[quote name='wolverinefactor']I was 11/11 this morning at my special time...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='wolverinefactor']I'll save the other 9 for my special time that has worked 100% of the time.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='wolverinefactor']If anyoen cares I was 9/9 at my special time but only nabbed 2 caps today... both my own purchase doh![/QUOTE]

When you talk about "my special time" it sounds like you're talking about masturbating or something.

I used 10 caps today.

I won twice.

Horrible odds.

From a 100% chance of winning, to a 20% chance of winning.... that is a significant drop.

sweet! wii points here I comes! Got 12 caps at work today too. gotta enter those at my special time >_> And I don't want to share the time I use because the lurkers will rape it and it won't be MY winning time. Silly people giving their times away...

[quote name='wolverinefactor']sweet! wii points here I comes! Got 12 caps at work today too.[/QUOTE]

Wow! 12 free caps in one day. I was happy when I found 7 caps off the street/parking lots over a weekend.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']gotta enter those at my special time >_> And I don't want to share the time I use because the lurkers will rape it and it won't be MY winning time. Silly people giving their times away...[/QUOTE]

I sort of agree, but then you know what time not to punch in the codes (kind of a reverse-psychology type deal).

Just out of curiosity isn't a code (on average) released about every 20 seconds?

[quote name='wolverinefactor']sweet! wii points here I comes! Got 12 caps at work today too. gotta enter those at my special time >_> And I don't want to share the time I use because the lurkers will rape it and it won't be MY winning time. Silly people giving their times away...[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I've got a time of day that, as of today, I haven't lost with yet. May as well keep using it. :)

had a pepsi.. won a song today... the sad part was... i was SURPRISED when I got the you won screen with mustachiooooo

[quote name='mr ryles']I got 16 caps here waiting to be entered, the outcome doesn't seem worth it anymore to even enter these codes[/QUOTE]
Allow me.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I will trade club nintendo codes for Wii tokens, if anyone is interested. Check my list for the codes that I have available![/QUOTE]

I'm doing the same but I only want Xbox360 codes for trackpacks. I have about 10 codes floating around atm that I need to get rid of since I don't do club nintendo but there's a few rockband track's I'd really like to get.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']A $2.00 bottle (of poison) is not worth it anymore. If I find caps, I will use them, but they just lost my business.[/QUOTE]

Check your Dollar Tree if you have one. They sell 20 oz. Poison for $1 but with the low win %'s now it might not be worth it unless you drink a lot of it anyway.

5/10 on my last 10 plays. I went 4/5 last night, but just went 1/5 a couple minutes ago...overall at 35/40. I just learned about the wii codes a couple days ago from the thread (when they were out of them), wish I had realized that sooner. Free virtual console games = amazing.

Just (just after 5 am east coast) went 7 in a row before losing. Then 2 more wins and 2 more losses. Total 9 out of 12. I'm happy with that! Late night/early morning is the way to go. I'm saving the rest of my tries for the next several mornings and will stop after 5 tries.

start raiding recycle bins... with the win/lost to be more "fair" for them, it's really only great if we can score these free.

I plan to make my round today sometime.... usually get 10 all free. I know I waited till Friday and managed to pick up 20.

Hopefully alot of people will drink pepsi.

[quote name='dansoccerball']how do you get free wii points??? i have won a bunch of songs do i just reddeem it for the wii or ????[/QUOTE]

When you redeem songs for the wii it just gives you a code for 200 wii points that you can enter in the wii shop.

As far as I can tell, I don't think there wasn't a song list update today. No Kings of Leon, no more Weezer, Blink-182, or KISS, or anything else from the past few weeks.

Are we ever going to get another update? If not, maybe it's time to go for the Grateful Dead songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gothic Walrus']As far as I can tell, I don't think there was a song list update today. No Kings of Leon, no more Weezer, Blink-182, or KISS, or anything else from the past few weeks.

Are we ever going to get another update? If not, maybe it's time to go for the Grateful Dead songs.[/QUOTE]

I dumped all my remaining points into Wii credit... got something like 75 (give or take) songs for 360 and 11000 Wii points. Gonna get all of FF: The After Years and Tales of Monkey Island, probably.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']As far as I can tell, I don't think there was a song list update today. No Kings of Leon, no more Weezer, Blink-182, or KISS, or anything else from the past few weeks.

Are we ever going to get another update? If not, maybe it's time to go for the Grateful Dead songs.[/QUOTE]

thanks so much

[quote name='dallow']Got lucky and added a few winners.

Still have a perfect streak, 106/106.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That's $212 worth of Wii points or tracks, and without a loss. Nice! I need to be more patient. Tomorrow morning I'm entering 5 times and no more, no matter what. At least I will try very hard to resist. :) I'm 25/50 overall, but that improved substantially this morning at 5:10 AM or so. Just should have stopped at 5 plays instead of trying 12 times.

what would you guys say is a good price for 8 winning caps to redeem songs? i wanted to make an offer to someone on cag for 8 songs for rock band 360, but i dont really know what people sell them for. any idea what a fair offer would be for 8 songs anyone?

Yup I dumped all my codes into Wii points as well. It has now been 2 weeks without a song list update, so I think they aren't going to anymore. Oh well Wii points aren't bad either. Now if they would only release some games I like.

Screwed up that earlier post; should've been "wasn't" instead of "was." Fixed now.

I'm not sure whether or not it's worth trying to get Wii points. I've got a whopping six codes right now, and that wouldn't buy much. I don't have much in mind anyway, and I don't think I'd be able to cash in enough to get, say, the $50 I'd need for Monkey Island by the end of the promotion, if the Wii points even last that long.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Screwed up that earlier post; should've been "wasn't" instead of "was." Fixed now.

I'm not sure whether or not it's worth trying to get Wii points. I've got a whopping six codes right now, and that wouldn't buy much. I don't have much in mind anyway, and I don't think I'd be able to cash in enough to get, say, the $50 I'd need for Monkey Island by the end of the promotion, if the Wii points even last that long.[/QUOTE]

well for $50 in wii points is 5000, which is about 25 caps.

I've picked up just now 10 caps, so another 15 and that is if I win... haven't tried since the wii points left the first time. 2 caps waiting at home to redeem.

[quote name='crunchewy']Wow! That's $212 worth of Wii points or tracks, and without a loss. Nice! I need to be more patient. Tomorrow morning I'm entering 5 times and no more, no matter what. At least I will try very hard to resist. :) I'm 25/50 overall, but that improved substantially this morning at 5:10 AM or so. Just should have stopped at 5 plays instead of trying 12 times.[/QUOTE]

I've always played 5 caps at a time, myself. I wish I had known earlier that wins were guaranteed and about the wii codes. I became paranoid that I was winning too much/easily and that if I got greedy,s I would start to lose. Ironically enough, it looks like not being greedy enough has cost me.

I had a weird sleep issue and slept 12 horus, thus missing my time. I tried at a much later time and lost 2/11 (one turned out to be a dr pep cap...).

Only netted 3 at work today because a new radiologist group came in and bought us lunch and supplied 2 litters :( Those bastards!

In the end I turned in all of my shiny wii points today and nabbed a ton of stuff. My only wants are...

2 FF4 DLC (plus the last bits)
3 genesis titles
3 tg16 titles
1 ware title

I also have all of the rb songs I want so...

I owe some stuff to some peeps so any points after that will go to them and a nice stockpile for whatever other crap nintendo releases. Was thinking of buying the square enix rpgs also since I own the carts but fear bat death :'(

[quote name='xycury']well for $50 in wii points is 5000, which is about 25 caps.

I've picked up just now 10 caps, so another 15 and that is if I win... haven't tried since the wii points left the first time. 2 caps waiting at home to redeem.[/QUOTE]

I've only gotten 30 caps so far, and I used most of those on Rock Band DLC before I knew that Wii points were an option. I've got six unused caps, with another two to go later on.

I guess holding onto them until the end of the promotion can't hurt - once I've cashed the codes in for a download, I don't have to use the download right away. :)

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I've only gotten 30 caps so far, and I used most of those on Rock Band DLC before I knew that Wii points were an option. I've got six unused caps, with another two to go later on.

I guess holding onto them until the end of the promotion can't hurt - once I've cashed the codes in for a download, I don't have to use the download right away. :)[/QUOTE]

Assuming Wii Points will get restocked once depleted...

Once shame on them.
Twice shame on them.
Thrice (?) shame on you!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Assuming Wii Points will get restocked once depleted...

[/QUOTE]
:pray: :pray: :bow: Here's to wishful thinking. :bow: :pray: :pray:

9/11 tonight. First time I played more than 5 caps. I lost my first entry, but then preceded to win 9 in a row. After the first 5 caps, I figured I'd enter in one code and play til I lost again, which happened to come on the 11th cap. I think that will be my new "strategy" if I can get any more caps...enter 5 caps regardless, and then keep entering single codes til I lose one. Unfortunately for me, I'm down to my last 5 caps.

it sucks I can't find any of these caps anywheres except in wal-mart's and 7/11's in maine. If anyone wants to since I really want to get the track Black Magic by Slayer I'm willing to trade a Mario Kart DS club nintendo code for it if anyone is interested PM me and we can arrange something .

it sucks I can't find any of these caps anywheres except in wal-mart's and 7/11's in maine. If anyone wants to since I really want to get the track for Xbox 360 Black Magic by Slayer I'm willing to trade a Mario Kart DS club nintendo code for it if anyone is interested PM me and we can arrange something .

[quote name='ZForce915']Wow, so after having a near perfect ratio the last couple of days I'm winning less than half of the time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I seriously think they fucked with the win ratio or something, because I won 25 or so in a ROW and then one day, bam, I was losing half of them immediately, no matter what time I played.

[quote name='darkcecil32']enter 5 caps regardless, and then keep entering single codes til I lose one. Unfortunately for me, I'm down to my last 5 caps.[/QUOTE]

Hey - I decided last night to do the same strategy. I was going to get up at 5 AM, but forgot to set my alarm. I ended up putting in some entries at about 7:30 AM and I won the first four and then lost the last. More entries tomorrow.

Yesterday I also decided to throw (away?) 12 entries into the Xbox 360 contest (I mean the weekly one for the console, not the game.) I'm sure I'll lose, but they were all scavenged caps. Then again, those scavenged caps could be worth $2 worth of points each. Hmm....

I paid $50 for 100 caps on eBay over a month ago...I entered half of them, all winners...stupidly waited on the rest...and now, yeah.

Now, for the benefit of all (although I'm probably screwing myself by doing this), I'll point something out from the official rules.

If, for whatever reason, there are not 24 hourly prize winners or 5,000 daily prize winners in any given day, the remaining prizes not awarded that day will be accumulated during the Promotion Period and will be added to the daily prize pool on September 13, 2009.

June...early July...I'm looking at you.

I'm debating waiting for the last day on all of my remaining codes. Of course, if everyone plans to do this, it may also increase the chance of winning over the next few weeks.

My belief is that the chances of winning on any given day are calculated based on the number of entries submitted either on the previous day, or over the previous week.

I wonder when they'll stop shipping bottles with these caps...?

man I've been holding out from downloading the kings of leon and blink 182 tracks hoping they would be up on this promo, but looks like I'm just gonna have to buy a good 1600 worth of microsoft points and get all the songs I want.

bread's done
Back