Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

So, I just came back from the gas station, where I checked out the Pepsi selection. Diet Pepsi? Rock Band caps. All of them. That's the good news.

Bad news? Half of the regular Pepsi, and all of of the Pepsi Max and Diet Wild Cherry were all regular caps. While it's possible that they found old stock somewhere (which is unlikely, really, given the chain), this may signal that the cap promotion may be winding down. Might be jumping the gun, but if this station had non-RB caps, it's not a good sign.

Any sightings by you guys?

[quote name='007']So, I just came back from the gas station, where I checked out the Pepsi selection. Diet Pepsi? Rock Band caps. All of them. That's the good news.

Bad news? Half of the regular Pepsi, and all of of the Pepsi Max and Diet Wild Cherry were all regular caps. While it's possible that they found old stock somewhere (which is unlikely, really, given the chain), this may signal that the cap promotion may be winding down. Might be jumping the gun, but if this station had non-RB caps, it's not a good sign.

Any sightings by you guys?[/QUOTE]
Diet Pepsi and Diet Pepsi Max are the only ones I've seen with them for the past two weeks.

Saw 2 6-packs of 16 ounce diet pepsi bottles at my closest Kmart. Ive found these at Walmart before too. They arent supposed to be part of the promotion but it gives you more chances to win for less money.

I got a Pepsi at work today. It had the same packaging and red cap on the ones I usually get codes on, but I got a "Sorry Try Again" notice. I then found out the cap didn't have a Rock Band symbol on it. :( Just a warning for you guys.

I think I'm done with this promotion. It was fun, but Pepsi hasn't been updating their song lists, and with only a month to go, I doubt they will. So I'm definitely going to just hope I get a decent winning from my unused caps, and then convert the ~17 tokens into songs.

Anyone have any real good song suggestions to redeem?

if you're a guitarist I highly recommend Sleepwalker by megadeth
if you're a drummer I recommend Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm or Space Truckin by Deep Purple
for Vocals I'd just recommend anything you'd think you'd like singing

wtf..........has anyone 'not' won a free downloadable song yet? I was 24/24 last month. I just go to enter 3 codes today and I got the "You lost" message for each one.

I'm pretty ticked off. I thought all caps were a guaranteed song. Everyone was posting that here, and I was 24/24 last month. What the hell happened?

nvm..just read through this..so when did it become a non-guaranteed thing? I think I'm done with this unless I just stumble across caps for free. Not going to be buying any pepsi products aside from Mountain Dew now. Gah.........

The win ratio dropped 2 weeks ago.

That damn star wars game now requires me to get four more caps. Will try my 4 from today later on and if I win I'll nab Wave race 64 I guess.

I now need 16 more caps to have all I want then 4 more for the last ff4 dlc next month. Either way I think I'm set.

I've also noticed that the caps are beginning to disappear from stores, my grocery store no longer has them and I've notice convenience stores having less too.

[quote name='007']So, I just came back from the gas station, where I checked out the Pepsi selection. Diet Pepsi? Rock Band caps. All of them. That's the good news.

Any sightings by you guys?[/QUOTE]

Might be a regional thing, or up to the bottlers. At the dollar store where I've been buying my drinks, they've only got Pepsi right now. They all had the (yellow) lids, and so did all of the ones I saw walking past the open door to the back room.

I can't complain either way; if I stopped today, I'm looking at $80+ of Rock Band DLC for the summer, for free. :D

Ok so i typed-in & validated six codes last night. This morning I entered three of those into the RB DLC instant win at 1-hour intervals and I received three winning notification screens. I'm thinking, "Cool. That makes me 20 for 20."

Later when I check my account, I see that only one of today's entries is marked "redeem for song". The other two state "Try Again". What the hell?! :bomb:

Has something like this happened to anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people did report that problem recently. I thought that was over, but I guess not. Definitely sucks!

I was 8/11 this morning. I should have stopped at 8/10. Oh well - 73% is still pretty good.

I have 3 redeemed codes that are waiting for me to pick a song and I just can't get lucky enough for the Rise Against songs to get put up. I will give anybody 3 songs of their choice off the pepsi rock band if they would give me the points to get the rise against songs. Thats 3 songs for 3 songs.

Also note that the codes work on the DSi too, not just the Wii.

I thank Pepsi for my copy of Precipice and pretty much every game I might choose to download for a while. :)

[quote name='dodgeme']I have 3 redeemed codes that are waiting for me to pick a song and I just can't get lucky enough for the Rise Against songs to get put up. I will give anybody 3 songs of their choice off the pepsi rock band if they would give me the points to get the rise against songs. Thats 3 songs for 3 songs.[/QUOTE]

I ended up buying that... That way RB sees that alot of people bought RA, therefore increasing the chance of RA track pack 2. Really fun songs to play with...

I may have to lol. Ill better the offer. Enough points for 2 RA songs for 3 of mine. Or if someone could spare a 400 point from the ford thing I'd be grateful and you would get 3 rockband songs of your choosing off the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dodgeme']I may have to lol. Ill better the offer. Enough points for 2 RA songs for 3 of mine. Or if someone could spare a 400 point from the ford thing I'd be grateful and you would get 3 rockband songs of your choosing off the site.[/QUOTE]

I dont think you can give ms points to people. Unless its like a code for an 800 pt, 1600 pt, or 4000 pt card. I this case.we are seriously being ripped off.

If you have a spare code you can give them away. Such as the 160's from the old rock band competition and the 400's from the ford. I mean I can redeem the RB codes for Wii points if their available for you. I just am in need of some Points for the Rise Against songs.

[quote name='dodgeme'] Or if someone could spare a 400 point from the ford thing I'd be grateful.[/QUOTE]

What Ford thing? Sorry if it has been explained, but the search function only showed your 3 post.

[quote name='vic_x51']this sucks i have codes waiting to be used on blink182 and gorillaz yet pepsi hasn't updated the damn list ![/QUOTE]

It's probably been about a month since the track list was updated - the Green Day tracks were added the day they came out and there may have been another small update after that, but I know we haven't seen any updates since the Kings of Leon track pack (according to RBDLC.com, July 21st), maybe a few weeks before that.

Didn't we have somebody with a Twitter account ask if they were going to add tracks? Did we get a response? If not, anyone up for trying again?

There's been a lot of good content in the past few weeks - more Weezer, King of Leon, Blink-182, and Gorillaz are all things I'd love to get - but Pepsi seems to be ignoring that part of the promotion. :bomb:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']dumbass question... when does this end?[/QUOTE]

September 13th, which leaves some thirty-odd days in the promotion.

[quote name='dodgeme']If you have a spare code you can give them away. Such as the 160's from the old rock band competition and the 400's from the ford. I mean I can redeem the RB codes for Wii points if their available for you. I just am in need of some Points for the Rise Against songs.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I redeemed 10 codes for Wii points thinking I'd be able to trade them for MS points to buy Rise Against plus some other recent additions, but so far I've been SOL.

Damn, wish I would have noticed this earlier. I don't drink Pepsi very much but could have dealt with it to get some easy free Nintendo points for both Wii and DSi :(.

[quote name='bizmat']I ended up buying the same thing this morning, hopefully i can get 7 wins :O[/QUOTE]

i bought this too, but he hasnt emailed codes yet and it ends on the 13th, it says ships within two days sooooo. Getting them ont he 13th wont really work out for me i believe.

Interesting. I just went 16 out of 17. I started just before 1 AM Eastern and finished about 1:10 AM. There was a period in the middle when I was entering 50 codes I had purchased from ebay. So... it looks like the early morning isn't the only good time. Also late night, at least on weeknights. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work out so well on Fridays and Saturdays. Also interesting is that in the account listing they are all shown with a date of 8/11, but it is 8/12 on the East coast now.

Regarding other prizes... I put in a bunch of entries for the weekly drawing of an Xbox 360. Supposedly the drawing happened today (yesterday - 8/11). I didn't necessarily expect to win, but I had hoped to at least get notice that I'd lost. Maybe that notice is yet to come, although in the rules it states that if you win you could be informed by email, snail mail, or some other means, at the discretion of those running the contest. Who knows - maybe I won and I won't find out for a month. By then I might have opted to buy a 360 out of pocket. Also if I happened to have won I'd like to know that so I could then go for a bundle. Oh well.

Uhhh... I just put in 6 caps. First 3, lost. 4th... No more Instant Win codes available. And on top of that, I only have 2 attempts remaining. It took that as an entry and didn't even tell me if I won or lost. :( Not gonna put in the last two til someone confirms that it's working again.

Edit: Heh, despite what I said, I got impatient and tried again. Took the code and said no instant wins available. What the hell?

Just entered the codes from the "45 codes for 15.00" ebay auction, 43 worked, so I'm waiting on replacements for 2 of them. Either way, Win: 21, Loss: 22.

Not too damn bad at all! I just bought 75 codes for 21 bucks on ebay, so I'm going to see what my luck is off of those!

If the cap distribution really is winding down, hopefully the win rates should improve again over the next few weeks. I'm still holding on to the rest of my caps...

Pepsi on Twitter says:
@DeadlyRhythm Guys, you've got the full Rock Band library available to you. So any songs added to the library you can download.

Don't know if this is a mistake, or if there's been an actual update to their song list.

a bunch of people responded, Pepsi probably didn't notice or forgot, hopefully this will remind them. I really want to get the new Blink-182 songs (seeing their concert on tuesday), and the new Weezer ones. My Name Is Jonas was my favorite song on GHIII

Yeah nothing new is up. If they were to finally put up the entire library, I'd be picking up some Spinal Tap DLC. I wonder If they mean that the entire library is available for the Wii owners since it is points instead of song tokens.

Everytime I think there is going to be good news about the song list, there is no news. Damn these Pepsi people. Apples and Henry said some interesting things these past few days on closed threads at the official forum. Apples said Pepsi was behind schedule and Henry said he has been in touch with the Pepsi people and was trying to get a specific date on when they will update. These messages were posted after someone created threads with the generic Pepsi reply from an email.

This was Henry's quote- ""I've heard that there will be more songs coming and I have exchanged several emails trying to put together a reliable schedule so we can keep you guys informed of updates. So until you hear otherwise from HMX, expect there to be more songs added to the Pepsi promotion.

Sorry for the confusion, but hopefully this is good news."

I'm kinda nervous about the whole thing because this promotion ends next month. Hopefully there is at least 1 big update. I have been saving my caps as well hoping for some of these newer songs to show up.

[quote name='James1221']i bought this too, but he hasnt emailed codes yet and it ends on the 13th, it says ships within two days sooooo. Getting them ont he 13th wont really work out for me i believe.[/QUOTE]
The contest ends Sept. 13th, not August 13th :).

Hmmmm, this is some interesting news. I'm definitely going to hold off now on using my tokens, and buying songs off the store. I was going to buy the Rise Against pack, and a couple other songs tomorrow, but now I'll just wait until at least some sort of confirmation or announcement is released regarding Pepsi's schedule or their tweet on how the whole library is available. I wish I could see the comments on that Tweet, but I don't know Twitter! Gah!

bread's done
Back