Peter Jackson Halo project to be episodic

rocksolidaudio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://g-pinions.com/

i attended a blogger breakfast this morning with shane kim, who revealed that both of the PJ projects are episodic, the first of which is set in the Halo universe. had my co-writer blog about it while i waited in line for the phil harrison keynote. thought you guys would like to know, not trying to whore my site.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Do they still have Neill Blomkamp directing it or have the changed directors again?[/quote]

it is best on the halo themed interactive experiance...not the movie

Fellas. The movie is indefinitely postponed. This isn't talking about the movie. This is talking about the Halo game project Jackson is working on.

They're holding out on the movie until Justin Timberlake gets a little bit older and garners just a little more, you know, toughness 'cred'.

Seriously, 80% of me now hopes this film never gets made. Face it: a movie centering around a faceless protagonist and a foxy A.I. construct will just not dramatically work. And no A-list actor (which they'll need, trust me) will be willing to not show his visage for an entire film, much less virtually all of what would most likely be a trilogy. If said A-lister got his demand to be seen (and not just heard), then the fans would bitch endlessly. They'll also bitch if another actress gets to do voicework for Cortana (for whatever reasons, story-based or financially-based). It's unfortunate, but it's just a bad idea, a money sinkhole like the, um, 'enthusiasts' can't comprehend.

Maybe it should be based around a couple marines who work with the Chief. But then that will only generate an uproar, so...forget it.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']http://g-pinions.com/

i attended a blogger breakfast this morning with shane kim, who revealed that both of the PJ projects are episodic, the first of which is set in the Halo universe. had my co-writer blog about it while i waited in line for the phil harrison keynote. thought you guys would like to know, not trying to whore my site.[/QUOTE]

HOLY SHIT. If I'm reading this right, every episode could take place in a different universe! Just imagine, episode 2 in the world of Kameo, episode 3 in the world of Gears of War, episode 4 in the world of Pimp My Ride...I think I know what PJ has cooking!

That's right, it's the LONG AWAITED game adaptation of...

[size=+2]THE ADVENTURES OF GAMEPRO[/size]
AdvOfGamePro.jpg

[quote name='jollydwarf']They're holding out on the movie until Justin Timberlake gets a little bit older and garners just a little more, you know, toughness 'cred'.

Seriously, 80% of me now hopes this film never gets made. Face it: a movie centering around a faceless protagonist and a foxy A.I. construct will just not dramatically work. And no A-list actor (which they'll need, trust me) will be willing to not show his visage for an entire film, much less virtually all of what would most likely be a trilogy. If said A-lister got his demand to be seen (and not just heard), then the fans would bitch endlessly. They'll also bitch if another actress gets to do voicework for Cortana (for whatever reasons, story-based or financially-based). It's unfortunate, but it's just a bad idea, a money sinkhole like the, um, 'enthusiasts' can't comprehend.

Maybe it should be based around a couple marines who work with the Chief. But then that will only generate an uproar, so...forget it.[/QUOTE]

That Starry Night and Halo Wars trailers convince me 100% that this should be a CG film project...

If that Gamepro comic ever would've mattered, there was a nice lawsuit just waiting to be initiated by Marvel.

That Starry Night and Halo Wars trailers convince me 100% that this should be a CG film project...

It might come to that someday, but then it won't have one-fifth of the box office punch that a live-action film done right would. Problem is, as I said, I don't think the latter can be "done right", and it has nothing to do with the quality of effects (but perhaps a little because of the cost).

[quote name='jollydwarf']If that Gamepro comic ever would've mattered, there was a nice lawsuit just waiting to be initiated by Marvel.[/QUOTE]

From Marvel, for what? That guy is a Booster Gold clone.

Shut up. Gamepro is a totally original creation from the amazing Francis Mao, who is someone clueless putzes like Jack Kirby and John Romita should have envied. The wizard Zardoth only CASUALLY resembles Dr. Doom crossed with Dr. Strange. There is also nothing but minor, insignificant coincidental similarities between this game and The Last Starfighter and Quantum Leap.

Plus, that last panel clearly shows he's plowing Princess Toadstool, Lara Croft, and Sonya Blade (probably all at the same time...after he makes them go at it, of course). Let's see The "Mighty" Thor pull THAT shit off.

[quote name='KaneRobot']There is also nothing but minor, insignificant coincidental similarities between this game and The Last Starfighter and Quantum Leap.
.[/QUOTE]

More like a very coincidental similarity to Captain N, the Nintendo cartoon.

Shit. This thread went off topic quick.

BOT:

I wonder how many episodes they will do, then again, I'm sure it will depend on how well the public accepts it.

[quote name='whiptcracker']More like a very coincidental similarity to Captain N, the Nintendo cartoon.[/QUOTE]
Sorry friend, The Adventures of Gamepro debuted before Captain N. ONE MORE NUGGET OF EVIDENCE showing how amazing it was.

[quote name='foltzie']Somewhere The Spectre is sniffling.[/QUOTE]
And somewhere else, the Corinthian is smiling and smiling and smiling.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Sorry friend, The Adventures of Gamepro debuted before Captain N. ONE MORE NUGGET OF EVIDENCE showing how amazing it was.

And somewhere else, the Corinthian is smiling and smiling and smiling.[/QUOTE]

Somewhere else Uatu is shaking his head at this thread.

Thanks, but this was announced at E3 last year (the episodic part)

[quote name='Apossum']Thanks, but this was announced at E3 last year (the episodic part)[/QUOTE]

actually no, it wasn't. we've known about the PJ projects since X06, and that one was set in the Halo universe, but that's it.

where are you getting your information from?

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']actually no, it wasn't. we've known about the PJ projects since X06, and that one was set in the Halo universe, but that's it.

where are you getting your information from?[/QUOTE]

I pull it directly from my ass, eh?

nah, I must've confused it with the general announcement about episodic content at E3:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/rbach/05-16-05E3.mspx

bread's done
Back