Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @ Gamestop

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Gamestop, along with other retailers, have dropped the price for Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection to $19.99 or lower (as noted) for both 360 & PS3 as listed below.

Gamestop does not have the game available online, but you can utilize the retail store availability with the links below. New price is $9.99, & the used price for both versions is down to $8.99 if you can find the game in store (a steal IMHO)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (360)
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS3)

Amazon currently has both the PS3 & 360 versions available online at a smooth $17.96, but the 360 version in currently as available for shipping in 2 to 4 weeks (but prior posts in this thread prove the wait to be much less...)

Walmart has the game in stock for both PS3 & 360. Both titles are at a $17.96 price point. Site to store can also be utilized if the game is not in stock locally & you want to save on shipping ;)

Other Retailers (360 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Sears $19.99

Other Retailers (PS3 Version)
Blockbuster $19.99
Meijer $19.99
Radio Shack $19.99
Sears $19.99

Out of the 'other' retailers listed above, Radio Shack might be the best bet as they have the ship-to-store option available (too bad they only have the PS3 version in stock at the moment...)

Glad everyone found value out of the thread as well. If there are any retailers to add to the list, please let me know with a post or a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='derspiess']Did a return/rebuy on my still-sealed copy, and went ahead & used the $10 back to buy their last new (as in 'gamestop new') copy. On top of that, I got back a penny :lol:[/QUOTE]

*grin*

Was able to pick up a gutted new copy of this at a local gamestop. Im going to have to be careful playing this as time just flies by before you know it.

Went to my local GS on Wilshire and Vermont. They did not have a copy and I asked if they could check on the computer. He flat out said "no, I can't do that." I just left and didn't bother arguing. I hate this GS location, always horrible customer service. I always go to a different GS with better employees, but this was closest that showed the game in stock.

:bomb:

Walked into a GS casually to look around and found this new. Had a GC with like 8 bucks on it so I decided to just pick it up. Good deal.

Ended up with the last display copy. Too bad I couldn't head to GS a day earlier for a minty sealed one.

PHOF sounds and feels more real. Something about Zen isn't quite right and I find myself getting OCD about the lackluster atmospheric sounds. The muted thuds and no rolling effect annoys me. I do love the scrolling news though. Cheap kicks when you see your name with some game related comments. Enough about Zen, buy PHOF!

I'm gonna hold out and wait to see if Amazon matches this. I won't buy a gutted copy from GS on principle. I refuse to let GS employees think they're right in telling me that what they're selling is totally new. I once gave in some time ago, and had serious problems trying to return the item. The scumbag manager even admitted that he remembered seeing me the previous day, but still wouldn't issue the refund and would only allow an exchange (even though they had no more copies). I eventually got my way at another GS, but that incident left a bad taste in my mouth. No more gutted copies for me.

Opened up my copy today and played it at lunch. I like it. The physics are great. I suck just as bad now as I always did at pinball. Definitely a time waster. 2 minutes turns into 20 very quickly.

Looked up the game in the store locator last night and walked into this store this evening after work to find plenty of copies remaining. Bought the PS3 version for $9.99 (no tax, using an EDGE card). I would have bought the 360 version but honestly the achievements looked like they were just going to frustrate me. I think the PS3 ones will be too easy and I'll probably not be motivated to keep playing the game after I get them all, but hopefully that's not the case. Either way, $9.99 is a steal. If I want to I'll just go buy the 360 one.

Off-subject, I'm really hoping for a B2G1 sale soon. The GS I visited tonight has DJ Hero used (w/turntable) for $59.99.

My wife love the Arabian nights on the PS3 version. It's her new jam. She really liked Funhouse on the PS2 version but now its all about the Arabian nights. I was the only one to play Funhouse last night. Funhouse?! Whahahahahahahahaahaa!

just picked it up today in boulder, co last copy gamestop new dude even put a sticker over the opening to make it new for me damn bastards. great deal though thanks OP

My copy arrived from Walmart last night ($16 after Bing cashback, but still worthwhile). I never played too much pinball in the arcade but I'm definitely liking this. You get a LOT of game for the money. As someone else said, too bad the (seemingly) poor sales suggest we won't see more.

Thanks for the heads up OP, picked up a copy on my way home and I look forward to playing it this weekend. Of course, got an opened copy that is 'new', but since I still had money on my Edge card I will just pretend it was free and try to move on.

Fun enough to own for all three platforms: PSP, Wii, and now PS3. I've never double dipped, much less tripled on any other game.

Kind of funny that I'm preoccupied with 'simple' pinball on a powerful gaming console as the next gen brethren go untouched.

Finally sat down to play it today. The game is damn fun, especially the Medieval Madness table. Popped it in while waiting for a friend to head over so we could head out for a few drinks. He saw the game on the tv and we ended up taking turns seeing who could get the higher score on different tables. Coincidentally his bday is coming up next week... I need to find another copy of the game stat! ^^

Thanks again op!

God I love this game.

The visuals don't look that much better than they did on Wii, but I think that's a testament to how great the Wii version looked in the first place. And the new tables are great. I don't quite "get" No Good Gophers yet, but Medieval Madness and Arabian Nights are tons of fun, and, I think, resonate a little better with me, nostalgia-wise, than the older tables.

Well worth double-dipping for this one.

Wanted it for the Wii and missed a couple sales. Saw it came on the 360 and waited for a price drop. A quick trip down the street and now off to my backlog.

Thanx op ...

Looks like I may, too, trade in my Wii version for a 360 or PS3 version. This may have been covered, but any noticeable differences between the 360/PS3 versions?

[quote name='awp']Looks like I may, too, trade in my Wii version for a 360 or PS3 version. This may have been covered, but any noticeable differences between the 360/PS3 versions?[/QUOTE]

Besides achievements?

[quote name='awp']Looks like I may, too, trade in my Wii version for a 360 or PS3 version. This may have been covered, but any noticeable differences between the 360/PS3 versions?[/QUOTE]

360 achievements are done better then the PS3 trophies, apparently. On the 360 the achievements are tied to completing table goals. As I understand it (but don't quote me!), on the PS3 you get a trophy just for getting a high score or something like that, which is pretty lame. Of course if you don't care about achievements/trophies, this is of no matter.

[quote name='crunchewy']360 achievements are done better then the PS3 trophies, apparently. On the 360 the achievements are tied to completing table goals. [/QUOTE]

Correct. I believe there there's a base of 4 or 5 goals for each table.

Actually got a sealed 360 copy last night, was kind of surprised, but then again it made up for getting the gutted PS3 copy the day before... Only dilemma now is which one to keep????

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Why is this so popular??? Someone explain to me. ?_?[/QUOTE]

This might depend on how old you are. If you're not old enough to remember the days when pinball machines were just as prevalent in arcades as video games, then you might not understand the devotion to the form and specifically this game based on real-life tables.

My plan was to trade the sudoku DS game and use the credit towards this, but the TIV has dropped to $1.00. I bought the pinball game anyway, it sounds good.

[quote name='savor100']I got a 'gutted' copy from GS but for 10 bucks I can't really complain. It's been a fun game so far :D[/QUOTE]
Same here, but still glad I got it

[quote name='dave auto']God I love this game.

The visuals don't look that much better than they did on Wii, but I think that's a testament to how great the Wii version looked in the first place. And the new tables are great. I don't quite "get" No Good Gophers yet, but Medieval Madness and Arabian Nights are tons of fun, and, I think, resonate a little better with me, nostalgia-wise, than the older tables.

Well worth double-dipping for this one.[/QUOTE]

No Good Gofers is like: "What would happen if Carl Spackler made a Pinball Machine?"

i don't know if this was mentioned here yet or not, but the price at Walmart stores is still $29.99. i saw it locally today, and was looking for something different to play, so i asked the guy to get it out of the case. i saw that it had a rollback tag in front of it from $39.99 to $29.99, but i thought it was just an old tag, and when the cashier scanned it sure enough it rang up $29.99. he said that online pricing was different, and sure enough, it said prices in store may vary...

i'll just stop by a local GS (as much as i hate GS) tomorrow and see if they have a sealed one that was never opened...

No dice here, Gamestop checked and the closest one that had a copy was in Chicago. I live in the Twin Cities :\

[quote name='rapsodist']This might depend on how old you are. If you're not old enough to remember the days when pinball machines were just as prevalent in arcades as video games, then you might not understand the devotion to the form and specifically this game based on real-life tables.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I loved Pinbot and Space Shuttle and Arabian Nights in particular, so these tables alone made it worth it to me. The physics, the details, and especially the sound effects... magical, pure nostalgic fun. A huge steal at $10.

Just picked the last copy for my friend's bday. He came over and loved the game so it was a no brainer to search for another copy.

I think I'm going to try to find this tomorrow when I run out to BB to see if they have Cross Edge. Sounds like a fun game!

[quote name='jello44']No Good Gofers is like: "What would happen if Carl Spackler made a Pinball Machine?"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, even after reading the in-game instructions I'm not sure how everything works in the table.

wow now its 10 bux.......damn i should've read this thread yesterday so i could've gotten it before i came home from work :(

picked up a copy in Tucson, AZ... last ''gutted'' new copy at GS on Grant... when I searched earlier Broadway and other ones still had stock so GL & Happy hunting.... pretty fun actually and i had credit from BB gimme games..

also-should be an easy plat trophy for ps3

bread's done
Back