Plan to Build Mosque Near Ground Zero Riles Families of 9/11 Victims

[quote name='Knoell']Now missionaries are the same classification as psychological warfare/terrorism, this keeps getting better and better.

Still no one?[/QUOTE]
The entirety of the most religions IS terrorism. Any spread of it by definition, is terror.

Wikipedia:
Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.

If I teach someone a set of principles (as good as most of them may be), oh and by the way, the only way to salvation is through Zeus, and the penalty is ___, that is psychological terrorism. Houses of worship are houses of terror.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']The entirety of the most religions IS terrorism. Any spread of it by definition, is terror.

Wikipedia:
Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.

If I teach someone a set of principles (as good as most of them may be), oh and by the way, the only way to salvation is through Zeus, and the penalty is ___, that is psychological terrorism. Houses of worship are houses of terror.[/QUOTE]

thanks camoor

What if I turn this into a islamic thing, will someone come to their defense at least?

How about the mosque in NYC, is it chok full of psychological terrorism as well?

If this was already posted, I apologize.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-already-knows-everything-he-needs-to-know-abou,17990/

SALINA, KS—Local man Scott Gentries told reporters Wednesday that his deliberately limited grasp of Islamic history and culture was still more than sufficient to shape his views of the entire Muslim world.

Gentries, 48, said he had absolutely no interest in exposing himself to further knowledge of Islamic civilization or putting his sweeping opinions into a broader context of any kind, and confirmed he was "perfectly happy" to make a handful of emotionally charged words the basis of his mistrust toward all members of the world's second-largest religion.

"I learned all that really matters about the Muslim faith on 9/11," Gentries said in reference to the terrorist attacks on the United States undertaken by 19 of Islam's approximately 1.6 billion practitioners. "What more do I need to know to stigmatize Muslims everywhere as inherently violent radicals?"

"And now they want to build a mosque at Ground Zero," continued Gentries, eliminating any distinction between the 9/11 hijackers and Muslims in general. "No, I won't examine the accuracy of that statement, but yes, I will allow myself to be outraged by it and use it as evidence of these people's universal callousness toward Americans who lost loved ones when the Twin Towers fell."

"Even though I am not one of those people," he added.

When told that the proposed "Ground Zero mosque" is actually a community center two blocks north of the site that would include, in addition to a public prayer space, a 500-seat auditorium, a restaurant, and athletic facilities, Gentries shook his head and said, "I know all I'm going to let myself know."

Gentries explained that it "didn't take long" to find out as much about the tenets of Islam as he needed to. He said he knew Muslims stoned their women for committing adultery, trained for terrorist attacks at fundamentalist madrassas, and believed in jihad, which Gentries described as the thing they used to justify killing infidels.

"All Muslims are at war with America, and I will resist any attempt to challenge that assertion with potentially illuminating facts," said Gentries, who threatened to leave the room if presented with the number of Muslims who live peacefully in the United States, serve in the country's armed forces, or were victims themselves of the 9/11 attacks. "Period."

"If you don't believe me, wait until they put your wife in a burka," Gentries continued in reference to the face-and-body-covering worn by a small minority of Muslim women and banned in the universities of Turkey, Tunisia, and Syria. "Or worse, a rape camp. That's right: For reasons I am content being totally unable to articulate, I am choosing to associate Muslims with rape camps."

Over the past decade, Gentries said he has taken pains to avoid personal interactions or media that might have the potential to compromise his point of view. He told reporters that the closest he had come to confronting a contrary standpoint was tuning in to the first few seconds of an interview with a moderate Muslim cleric before hastily turning off the television.

"I almost gave in and listened to that guy defend Islam with words I didn't want to hear," Gentries said. "But then I remembered how much easier it is to live in a world of black-and-white in which I can assign the label of 'other' to someone and use him as a vessel for all my fears and insecurities."

Added Gentries, "That really put things back into perspective."

[quote name='Msut77']There is the rub. You have to answer every question knoell asks, even if it is just a different phrasing of something that you answered 14 times before.

However, Knoell can ignore anything you ask of him and any mention of it is just a personal attack.[/QUOTE]

Not answer a question? I have answered those questions in over 20 pages. If he wants an update on the thread he can read it over.

But heres a freebie, If every motivation to be against something has to be independent of your own thought to be legitamate then how about the fact that islamic terrorism is everywhere these days. I posted a list in the other thread of the hundreds of attacks in the last two months. Islamic terrorism has people shell shocked, not christian terrorism, not hindu terrorism, not jewish terrorism, but islamic terrorism. I am still waiting for you guys to give a religion that has more violent, consistant attacks by extremists in that religion attacking in its name every single day, there isn't one. Therefore it is logical for people to be upset about a mosque being built in close proximity to ground zero, for religion that extremists invoked as their cause for this attack. People do not HAVE to care that these people are trying to show the world they aren't violent, it simply isn't their problem. We were the victims of 9/11 not the islamic faith, as much as I know how you guys like to twist that around.

[quote name='Knoell']
How about the mosque in NYC, is it chok full of psychological terrorism as well?[/QUOTE]
Its not a mosque. If it was, you'd almost have grounds to stand on, but I dont think you wish to stand on the same ground as I do. At least not in any way thats consistent. After all, I'm a confessed bigot.

Even from where I stand, I'm not upset about a mosque being built (lets pretend for a moment that it is a mosque). Why? Because its just another house of worship. One of many. If something like that roused my emotions, I would be in a constant state of tension. I pass churches every day. I would drive myself crazy if I got up in arms over that.

In the absence of citations, I suspect that you are correct that Islam is currently the most overtly, physically violent religion. However, one does not get to hold religious crazies against the entire religion unless they do all of them. Unless the people that are "logically" offended are going to join me in open hostility to all religion, they have no ground to stand on. Its highly unlikely that very many that have an objection to the community center are doing so specifically because they are militant atheists.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Knoell']Not answer a question? I have answered those questions in over 20 pages. If he wants an update on the thread he can read it over.

But heres a freebie, If every motivation to be against something has to be independent of your own thought to be legitamate then how about the fact that islamic terrorism is everywhere these days. I posted a list in the other thread of the hundreds of attacks in the last two months. Islamic terrorism has people shell shocked, not christian terrorism, not hindu terrorism, not jewish terrorism, but islamic terrorism. I am still waiting for you guys to give a religion that has more violent, consistant attacks by extremists in that religion attacking in its name every single day, there isn't one. Therefore it is logical for people to be upset about a mosque being built in close proximity to ground zero, for religion that extremists invoked as their cause for this attack. People do not HAVE to care that these people are trying to show the world they aren't violent, it simply isn't their problem. We were the victims of 9/11 not the islamic faith, as much as I know how you guys like to twist that around.[/QUOTE]

So you think it is logical to extend the fear or hatred of Muslim terrorists to all Muslims?

In that sense do you think it's equally logical for people to oppose mosques in other places, like in TN? Or is ground zero the only place where this is logical?

I'm still trying to grasp what the notion of Jewish Terrorism would be. Force feeding Liver and Onions? Getting a guilt laden lecture from an elderly woman partially speaking in Yiddish?

[quote name='camoor']I don't really agree. As I understand the religion, out of all of the self-identified Christians the people who actually go out and help others are the true Christians. Honestly if you are willing to goto a third-world country and help those people I see absolutely nothing wrong in introducing them to the religion or philosophy that motivated you.

The church hierarchy is a different matter. Many times I don't think it's a tit-for-tat, it's more of a Machiavellian fight for what they believe in. It underscores the basic problem with Abrahamic religions - violence and underhanded tactics can be justified in the name of the relevant god.[/QUOTE]
It's still getting something out of it, I didn't say if it was wrong or right. Still, you have mega churches like the one near here which do things and then expect advertising for it. Btw, I'm talking about having advertising for a church on school property, I still can't believe they allowed it.

[quote name='nasum']I'm still trying to grasp what the notion of Jewish Terrorism would be. Force feeding Liver and Onions? Getting a guilt laden lecture from an elderly woman partially speaking in Yiddish?[/QUOTE]

Wow. One of the most ignorant things I have ever read.

You must not read alot of news, particularly the Israel/Palestine conflict. Plenty of bad behavior on both sides.

[quote name='SpazX']So you think it is logical to extend the fear or hatred of Muslim terrorists to all Muslims??[/QUOTE]

Nope.

[quote name='spazx']In that sense do you think it's equally logical for people to oppose mosques in other places, like in TN? Or is ground zero the only place where this is logical?[/QUOTE]

If the sense in which you are quoting is in a location that was attacked because of extremists of said religion then yes. The NYC mosque is unique, most Americans are basing their objections on the fact that it is so close to a tragic area/in an affected building. This is evidenced by the more than 1000 mosques in the country today.

Knoell, since you've become so selective in what you read and respond to, I'll summarize what I've already told you a half dozen times in this thread:

Nobody is saying the "anti-musque" crowd can't protest. What many people are saying is that there is no logical reason to do so. It's purely emotional, and if we constantly changed our legal priniciples based on the emotions of others, we would have total chaos. If you don't like that the law allows them to build, change the law. If you want to keep bitching about it, keep bitching about it, but realize that your position is purely emotional, with no logical, legal, or factual foundation.

Ignore, dissect, do whatever it is you do with factual statements to discount them. Good day, sir.

My two cents:

1) Blaming an entire religion comprised of millions of people for the actions of a few radicals is rediculous. Imagine as a christian being blamed for the crusades, the holocaust, or molesting altar boys. Every group has it wackos, and in this case they have already been punished, are at the asskicking end of a war, or are already dead.

2) Even if you are a smallminded biggot, this is America. People can believe what ever they want where ever they want. The second we say certain religions can't go certain places we have undermined the entire purpose of our nation's creation, which is giving the finger to anybody who tells us what to do when we aren't hurting anybody. Somebody will be too sensitive and make the news EVERY DAY. People need to stop worrying so much about other peoples ideology, theology etc and lighten the hell up.

[quote name='berzirk']Knoell, since you've become so selective in what you read and respond to, I'll summarize what I've already told you a half dozen times in this thread:

Nobody is saying the "anti-musque" crowd can't protest. What many people are saying is that there is no logical reason to do so. It's purely emotional, and if we constantly changed our legal priniciples based on the emotions of others, we would have total chaos. If you don't like that the law allows them to build, change the law. If you want to keep bitching about it, keep bitching about it, but realize that your position is purely emotional, with no logical, legal, or factual foundation.

Ignore, dissect, do whatever it is you do with factual statements to discount them. Good day, sir.[/QUOTE]

Selective in what I respond to? what have I left out?

You are selective in what you want to read. Your entire post is thrown up in the face of pages and pages of contradictions to what you are implying I am stating.

[quote name='Knoell']If the sense in which you are quoting is in a location that was attacked because of extremists of said religion then yes. The NYC mosque is unique, most Americans are basing their objections on the fact that it is so close to a tragic area/in an affected building. This is evidenced by the more than 1000 mosques in the country today.[/QUOTE]

So when you say "Therefore it is logical for people to be upset about a mosque being built in close proximity to ground zero, for religion that extremists invoked as their cause for this attack" you're saying it's logical to oppose the mosque because it's being built close to a place where terrorists attacked. Since the people building and the people attending the mosque and the people who attacked the twin towers are the same religion it is logical to oppose its construction so close to where the twin towers were.

So it is not logical to oppose a mosque in TN, right? These people do not have the same motivations or share the same logic, no? Obviously there weren't any terrorist attacks in TN. There have really only been like the two on the WTC from Al Qaeda pretty much ever (I think that car bomb in the 90s was Al Qaeda right?).

the people who torched the TN mosque were the "wackos" of thier group. likewise the terrorists who blew up the trade centers did not represent the MILLIONS of people who make up the muslim faith. I don't see how people miss this. All hippies are not charles manson, all black people are not oj simpson, all white people are not hitler. People get so emotional they shrink thier perspective down to the individual. Maybe it is insensitive of the organizers building the mosque, but telling them they are not welcome is the opposite of american.

[quote name='SpazX']So when you say "Therefore it is logical for people to be upset about a mosque being built in close proximity to ground zero, for religion that extremists invoked as their cause for this attack" you're saying it's logical to oppose the mosque because it's being built close to a place where terrorists attacked. Since the people building and the people attending the mosque and the people who attacked the twin towers are the same religion it is logical to oppose its construction so close to where the twin towers were.[/quote]

Not because the people are the same religion as the extremists, but because extremists invoked that religion. The people peacefully worshipping are perfectly fine in most Americans eyes, the problem isn't with them, we could cut them out of the whole debate.

[quote name='SpazX']
So it is not logical to oppose a mosque in TN, right? These people do not have the same motivations or share the same logic, no? Obviously there weren't any terrorist attacks in TN. There have really only been like the two on the WTC from Al Qaeda pretty much ever (I think that car bomb in the 90s was Al Qaeda right?).[/QUOTE]

You are correct. :applause: except for the fact that there have been more than two attacks, and many more attempts by islamic extremists over the years.

[quote name='TLFerrill']the people who torched the TN mosque were the "wackos" of thier group. likewise the terrorists who blew up the trade centers did not represent the MILLIONS of people who make up the muslim faith. I don't see how people miss this. All hippies are not charles manson, all black people are not oj simpson, all white people are not hitler. People get so emotional they shrink thier perspective down to the individual. Maybe it is insensitive of the organizers building the mosque, but telling them they are not welcome is the opposite of american.[/QUOTE]

http://www.care2.com/causes/politics/blog/arson-at-tennessee-mosque-park51-fallout/

and now equipment being used to build a new mosque outside of Nashville has been set on fire in an arson attempt.

It doesn't make it right, or any less criminal but saying the mosque in tennessee was torched makes it look like it was burned to the ground. I have been meaning to correct that in this thread. It is still a criminal act though, and they should find whoever did it.

[quote name='Knoell']Selective in what I respond to? what have I left out?

You are selective in what you want to read. Your entire post is thrown up in the face of pages and pages of contradictions to what you are implying I am stating.[/QUOTE]

Haa haa. In trying to disprove your selective responses, you selectively ignore the point I've made that the people against the mosque have only an emotional basis, where as the people in favor have a legal and factual one....while replying to the only part of the post that wasn't relevant.

You're funny.

[quote name='Knoell']Not because the people are the same religion as the extremists, but because extremists invoked that religion.[/quote]

Alright, so what's the difference?

[quote name='Knoell']The people peacefully worshipping are perfectly fine in most Americans eyes, the problem isn't with them, we could cut them out of the whole debate.[/quote]

They just don't get to build a mosque within X blocks of where the twin towers were.

[quote name='Knoell']You are correct. :applause: except for the fact that there have been more than two attacks, and many more attempts by islamic extremists over the years.[/QUOTE]

K, so what do you think motivates them in comparison to those against the mosque in NYC?

[quote name='berzirk']Haa haa. In trying to disprove your selective responses, you selectively ignore the point I've made that the people against the mosque have only an emotional basis, where as the people in favor have a legal and factual one....while replying to the only part of the post that wasn't relevant.

You're funny.[/QUOTE]

What is your point? The people against the mosque are emotional, and the people for the mosque are legally backed? This would be true, if the majority of people weren't saying that the mosque CAN be built instead of saying that it would be insensitive. The difference being that most people acknowledge the guys right to build it, but that does not mean they have to believe it isnt insensitive.

Edit: Oh and I responded to that part of your post by saying this - "Your entire post is thrown up in the face of pages and pages of contradictions to what you are implying I am stating." That goes for your entire post, not just the first part, but nice try though....

[quote name='SpazX']Alright, so what's the difference?[/QUOTE]

The difference is that noone is accusing all peaceful muslims of being terrorists, but a symbol to a religion that was invoked by the extremists is insensitive to be built right there.

[quote name='spazx']
They just don't get to build a mosque within X blocks of where the twin towers were. [/QUOTE]

This isn't about a guy trying to build a mosque in NYC and he coincidentally is building it in a building that was destroyed within two blocks of WTC. Stop trying to make it sound like he isn't using the area as a religious symbol however peaceful it is.

[quote name='spazx']
K, so what do you think motivates them in comparison to those against the mosque in NYC?[/QUOTE]

Fear. The amount of islamic extremism in the world today is jaw dropping. It is on the news every day. Islamic extremist blows up this, islamic extremist shoots that. All extremism is not equal, and people see these things and relate them to the religion. They believe a more prevalent islamic base in america could bring what we are seeing overseas here. The solution here is to let things run their course. This is proven by more than 1000 mosques currently in america. Noone should stop them from building any mosques (even the nyc one) but tactfullness, sensitivity, and sympathy for victims of this extremism would go a long way towards easing tensions. They should know by experience since muslims probably have the biggest body count incurred by islamic extremism.

[quote name='Knoell']It doesn't make it right, or any less criminal but saying the mosque in tennessee was torched makes it look like it was burned to the ground. I have been meaning to correct that in this thread. It is still a criminal act though, and they should find whoever did it.[/quote]

People who say something was destroyed when it was really just damaged are dishonest losers.
This isn't about a guy trying to build a mosque in NYC and he coincidentally is building it in a building that was destroyed within two blocks of WTC.

Stop trying to make it sound like he isn't using the area as a religious symbol however peaceful it is.

Prove it.

SpazX, if the 9/11 hijackers invoked Pastafarianism instead of Islam, you can bet that Knoell would call it insensitive to build Italian Restaurants within X blocks of GZ.

It's crazy, I know. But you can bet on that shit.

[quote name='Msut77']People who say something was destroyed when it was really just damaged are dishonest losers.

Prove it.[/QUOTE]

Oops guess I should have written damaged. Although landing gear falling through 3 floors does quite a bit of more destruction than burning three pieces of equipment, I concede your point.

Rauf insists the effort is meant to help heal the wounds of 9/11, "We've approached the community because we want this to be an example of how we are cooperating with the members of the community, not only to provide services but also to build a new discourse on how Muslims and non-Muslims can cooperate together to push back against the voices of extremism."
The OP.

So then we agree Knoell. The people are opposed to it for nothing more than emotional reasons. I stand by the idea that we should not cave in to people's emotions, and instead should support the law. If you feel the same, as you seem to be saying, then you should be one of the biggest proponents of this mosque...but instead it's insensitive and douchy to you. Do you understand the hypocrisy of your position?

The emotional opposition to this is at best a lack of knowledge about Islam by grouping all muslims with terrorists, and at worst, outright bigotry. I don't understand why you continue to fight against your own argument. There is still no logical, legal, factual reason to be opposed to this COMMUNITY CENTER and mosque.

Someone in NY needs to go swim a few laps there and report back any suspicious activity.

Day 1:

"It seems the Muslims are developing the ability to traverse water -- undetectable when under the surface. Astounding. Terrifying. I must go."

[quote name='berzirk']So then we agree Knoell. The people are opposed to it for nothing more than emotional reasons. I stand by the idea that we should not cave in to people's emotions, and instead should support the law. If you feel the same, as you seem to be saying, then you should be one of the biggest proponents of this mosque...but instead it's insensitive and douchy to you. Do you understand the hypocrisy of your position?

The emotional opposition to this is at best a lack of knowledge about Islam by grouping all muslims with terrorists, and at worst, outright bigotry. I don't understand why you continue to fight against your own argument. There is still no logical, legal, factual reason to be opposed to this COMMUNITY CENTER and mosque.[/QUOTE]

For the last time no one is saying they shoiuld cave on the law. Damn do you even read the posts I make?

[quote name='Knoell']For the last time no one is saying they shoiuld cave on the law. Damn do you even read the posts I make?[/QUOTE]

Do you ever make a rational point? You've said it's douchy, it's insensitive, it shouldn't be built (but remind us that they can legally build it). These are are irrational feelings based on emotion. Therefore I consider it on par with a child throwing a tantrum because they can't have candy for dinner. I'm not going to rot my kid's teeth cause he wants a Butterfinger instead of a chicken pot pie just because he's being emotional about it. You keep trying to say there is an appropriate reason to be pissed that they want to build this COMMUNITY CENTER and mosque, I keep reminding you that it is not one based in logic, law, or rational thought.

We're not all required to be rational, but it seems like you have a strong enough dislike for it that you go out of your way to hold to an absurd, emotional opinion on this one.

[quote name='berzirk']Do you ever make a rational point? You've said it's douchy, it's insensitive, it shouldn't be built (but remind us that they can legally build it). These are are irrational feelings based on emotion. Therefore I consider it on par with a child throwing a tantrum because they can't have candy for dinner. I'm not going to rot my kid's teeth cause he wants a Butterfinger instead of a chicken pot pie just because he's being emotional about it. You keep trying to say there is an appropriate reason to be pissed that they want to build this COMMUNITY CENTER and mosque, I keep reminding you that it is not one based in logic, law, or rational thought.

We're not all required to be rational, but it seems like you have a strong enough dislike for it that you go out of your way to hold to an absurd, emotional opinion on this one.[/QUOTE]

Wow, your post makes absolutely no sense to the point besides the point of insulting me. Nice contribution.

How about koran burning? Perfectly legal, but people are upset because of an EMOTIONAL RESPONSE, guess we should ignore the douchiness of that too huh.

Was it you or someone else who was complaining that we should be having compassion (emotional response) for illegal immigrants even though the law states they should be arrested and deported?

It is perfectly fine for people to protest and show what they want, if you are going to reduce all protesting to a child having a tantrum then so be it, just be consistant when it comes back to bite you in the ass. But nevermind the protests you "agree" with won't be "childesh tantrums".

[quote name='Knoell']How about koran burning? Perfectly legal, but people are upset because of an EMOTIONAL RESPONSE, guess we should ignore the douchiness of that too huh.[/quote]

Knoell, it is like the difference between someone getting upset that you punched an elderly woman and you getting upset because someone is offended that you punched an elderly woman.

[quote name='Msut77']Knoell, it is like the difference between someone getting upset that you punched an elderly woman and you getting upset because someone is offended that you punched an elderly woman.[/QUOTE]

Like I said in the other thread it is just like flag burning. It is a truely tasteless act that I dislike however it is legal. People protesting the US by burning a flag (usually because of war) are ignoring all the good things about the country. Same goes for Islam, people burning korans are burning them because they want to be rid of the extremism infesting islam in the world. They are both tasteless acts, and I don't agree with either, but which one would you guys support? Be honest.

You guys disliking people burning korans is an emotional response, it is legal, stop having an irrational childish tantrum. /sarcasm

[quote name='Knoell']Like I said in the other thread it is just like flag burning.[/quote]

You say lots of things knoell, somehow you keep on managing to keep topping your last hilarious melange of meandering.

[quote name='Msut77']You say lots of things knoell, somehow you keep on managing to keep on topping your last hilarious meandering.[/QUOTE]

Somehow you avoid it every time when you are put to the question. Interesting.

[quote name='Knoell']Somehow you avoid it every time when you are put to the question. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah knoell, it is kind of how like I step around dog crap instead of walking right through it.

[quote name='Msut77']Yeah knoell, it is kind of how like I step around dog crap instead of walking right through it.[/QUOTE]

Yep because if you answered you would know you were wrong and in deep shit. :lol:

[quote name='Knoell']Same goes for Islam, people burning korans are burning them because they want to be rid of the extremism infesting islam in the world.[/QUOTE]

You state a reason for burning korans. The reason you state makes absolutely no sense.

[quote name='IRHari']You state a reason for burning korans. The reason you state makes absolutely no sense.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SpazX']Well it's definitely not because they don't like Islam or the Koran.[/QUOTE]

I didnt say I believe that is their only reason but 9/11 is a major point in their event.

I am loving some of the commentary on some of the stories about the event I am reading.

If you guys start claiming this "extremism" is equal to islamic extremism I am going to quit this forum

[quote name='Knoell']If you guys start claiming this "extremism" is equal to islamic extremism I am going to quit this forum[/QUOTE]

Promise?

I'm sure 9/11 is part of their thing, they equate terrorism and Islam and think that burning Korans is relevant to 9/11 because the Koran and Islam are evil.

[quote name='Knoell']Same goes for Islam, people burning korans are burning them because they want to be rid of the extremism infesting islam in the world.[/QUOTE]

You really think that?

Just keep telling yourself, its a religion of peace...

Hot on the heels of "we'll blow up your shit if you burn our book," we now have "we'll blow up your shit if you move the site where we want to build our church:"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39073267/ns/us_news

Aside from the fact that this will galvanize the opposition to the church, it severely weakens the Imam's case (and anyone in this thread's case) about components of peace in the religion.

I mean, I'm sure if any other religion were planning building a church 2 blocks from where thousands of civilians were murdered by extremists of that same religion, asking a leader from that religion to move that site would of course naturally mean that more civilians should be murdered.

Haa haa haa. Knoell... I'll just shake my head and laugh so you can acknowledge that I read your insane posts. Anything more than that justifies them as worth replying to.

Just to be fair, lets have a bible burning nearby this place in Florida. I don't want replies about how it's their right, I know that, you know that, we all fucking know that.

But I'm guessing the outrage over burning a bunch of bibles would be much higher than the outrage over this.

[quote name='Clak']Just to be fair, lets have a bible burning nearby this place in Florida. I don't want replies about how it's their right, I know that, you know that, we all fucking know that.

But I'm guessing the outrage over burning a bunch of bibles would be much higher than the outrage over this.[/QUOTE]

No, get a life-sized crucifix (not just a cross, but one with a dead Jesus on it) and burn that nearby. We need to amp up the religious hate!

[quote name='Clak']Just to be fair, lets have a bible burning nearby this place in Florida. I don't want replies about how it's their right, I know that, you know that, we all fucking know that.

But I'm guessing the outrage over burning a bunch of bibles would be much higher than the outrage over this.[/QUOTE]

I'll disagree. I'll bet you could get away with a Bible burning and catch less flak than what those dickheads in FL are doing with the Qur'an. This is nothing more than my opinion, but the reverance for the books themselves seem to be held at different levels by the respective believers. Muslims won't let the Qur'an touch the ground, do a ritual cleansing of the hands, face, and feet before touching the book. Christians don't hold to these same beliefs, so perhaps defacing the Bible would upset them, but it wouldn't be met with the same reaction as Muslims who have very different rules for handling their book. My 2 cents at a 2 cent discount.

You'd hope that our military leaders, political leaders, and religious leaders speaking out against the Qur'an burning party on the grounds that it could end up harming American servicemen would be enough for them to not be dickheads, but clearly they have a platform and revel in the attention.

I guess people just need validation that they are assholes sometimes.

bread's done
Back