Play-Asia & CAG Charity Raffle for Child’s Play Winners Announced: $10,485 Raised!

I think we can make it. I'll be throwing at least another 5 bucks their way, and I'm sure many others will too, and we have two weeks left. I'm putting my money on $7000+, or at least I hope so.

In appreciation for all the great cag casts I donate 5 dollars.
I would be tempted to enter again If it was more winners of less cash rather than one big winner. Multiple winners makes it more enticing.

What Up Rudypants! we shall play online soon.

Hello,

I put in 4 tickets ($20.00 usd) - wish I could do more, but I'm living in China for a year so US money is short, as I'm being paid in Yuan.

I'll re-evaluate my funds in my bank account back home to see if I can send more. I've donated every year now, and I'm always pleased to do so.

I know it can be a lot of work, even more so from a different country, so I really appreciate all the hard work that everyone who is involved puts into it. I may not be a heavy poster, but I sure do visit this site multiple times per day, and have been since the early days.

Thanks again, and looking forward to going back home to Texas in 9 months.

~vpr

Hey everyone,

Since Cheapy decided to nix the eBay route becuase of the excessive skim, I've been sending out the following message to my buyers on eBay after I have shipped their items.

Hello again. Your item was posted at 8:30 am this morning. USPS confirmation# xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx.

Thank you again for your bid. As a result of this auction, I have made a contribution of $xx% of my profit to Child's Play, a charity that purchases videogames, toys, and books for children's hospitals accross north America.

I learned about this charity from Cheapassgamer.com who is holding a charity raffle for every donation given through their website. You can even buy specific items through Amazon.com and ship them directly to the charity, or just visit Childsplaycharity.org for more info. It's really a great cause. Thanks for reading, and happy holidays!

You aren't allowed to mention charities or websites in your lisings, but nothing prevents you from sending a friendly reminder like this to a buyer to let him know his items have shipped. Give it a try. Not only could we draw more people into CAG, but they may decide to make donations as well.

UPDATE: Thanks to the CAG marten, the following prizes will be drawn for 6 runner ups.
  1. $100 cash
  2. FF12CE + LE guide (sealed)
  3. Disgaea 1 + Disgaea 2 (the NIS preorder w/ all the artbooks, etc, sealed)
  4. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne LE, DDS1 LE, and DDS2 (all sealed)
  5. Xbox 360 20GB Hard Drive (sealed)
  6. "The random box" (Basically, a ton of older games + accessories, some sealed, some not...NES/SNES/N64/PS1/PS2/Gamecube included)
Current: $3580 [updated 12/7 5:00am est]

In for $5...hopefully I'll be able to put in a few more later.

I feel like a jerk, I've been getting pounded with bills this week, already spent my entire paycheck this week (damn internet/cable/etc). Hopefully next Friday...

I sent in $5 so far.....I'd send in more, but within the next week I am spending every last penny I have saved on an engagement ring, so money is tight right now.....after I see exactly what I spend, I'll see what else I can send out....

Thanks for the opportunity to help.....

I just wanted to thank everyone who donated for being so awesome and thinking of people other than themselves. RESPECT!

hey, good job everyone!! keep up the good work!! :applause:
man, I can't imagine myself not growing up with video games....
I just donated $5...hope to donate more!!!
those of you thinking about donating...do it!!! make an effort not an excuse!!

This is the one time of the year where it does NOT pay to be a cheapass.

Give till it hurts, then go kick down the neighbor's door, hold the dog for ransom, and give some more. ;)

5k is a cakewalk...I want to see 7.

[quote name='rustyrage']Got one, had $5.09 in account. I hope we break the goal.[/quote]

We'll break the goal....have no doubt about it. $4300+ and still 1 week to go. No problem.

TBW

good job so far everyone, we are def goin to blast through 5k, stuff like this is def one of the reasons why I think CAG is better than most other gaming communities.

[quote name='CheapyD'] Current: $4,695 [updated 12/11 8:45 am est][/quote]Nice I think we'll for sure pass 5k.

We'll definitely surpass 5k, we just need to try and go for 6k minimum. That's looking at it realistically. Come on people, just a week left!

bread's done
Back