Play-Asia & CAG Charity Raffle for Child’s Play Winners Announced: $10,485 Raised!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Unofficial Final Total
Final: $10,485 [updated 12/26 5:00am est]
Goal: $5,000

Congratulations to thespamofpower, our grand prize winner of the $1,000 Play-Asia shopping spree! Play-Asia will be contacting you soon!

Here are some of the runner-up prize winners. I can't post the full list as not everyone's paypal email matches up with their CAG account (or perhaps they don't all have CAG accounts). I don't want to post their real names or email addresses. All winners have been notified via email.

Kayday - 1 Year Xbox Live
briansraregames - Disgaea 1 + Disgaea 2 (the NIS preorder w/ all the artbooks, etc, sealed)
bone_matrix - Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Limited Edition
HuBu - F12CE + LE guide

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbuKOTcpFgY[/MEDIA]

--------------------------------------------------

I want to congratulate the CAG community on this awesome achievement. I never would have guessed we would have smashed our goal and topped $10,000. I am really so proud of all you who contributed.

A big thanks to Play-Asia.com who were so easy to work with!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the help of Play-Asia.com, I am pleased to announce this year's Child's Play Charity fundraiser. A $5 donation will purchase an entry into a raffle for a chance at winning the grand prize, a $1,000 credit to Play-Asia's online store.

Raffle entries are sold through PayPal and there is no limit to the number of entries one may purchase. A single winner will be chosen at random and obviously, the more entries one purchases, the greater their odds of winning. 100% of the money raised will go directly to Child's Play. We are even covering the PayPal fees.

On December 19 at 12:01AM PST, no more entries will be accepted and the winner will be announced soon after.

UPDATE: Thanks to the CAG community, we have some additional prizes for 8 runner ups. marten is donating prizes #1-6, Wolve22 is donating prizes #7 & 8, kjauburn is donating #9 & 10, youruglyclone #11

Grand Prize: $1,000 credit to Play-Asia's online store
10 Runner-up prizes:
  1. $100 cash
  2. FF12CE + LE guide (sealed)
  3. Disgaea 1 + Disgaea 2 (the NIS preorder w/ all the artbooks, etc, sealed)
  4. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne LE, DDS1 LE, and DDS2 (all sealed)
  5. Xbox 360 20GB Hard Drive (sealed)
  6. "The random box" (Basically, a ton of older games + accessories, some sealed, some not...NES/SNES/N64/PS1/PS2/Gamecube included)
  7. 1 Year Xbox Live
  8. 2000 Wii Points
  9. New Sealed Gears of War Collector's Edition
  10. Matted Print of Chakan the Forever Man by the creator Robert Kraus. With the matting its 8 X 10 and Robert has done a original chalk drawing along the bottom of the matting.
  11. Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Limited Edition
RAFFLE CLOSED
x-click-but04.gif

About the Child's Play Charity

[quote name='dude2003']so sending cash here=sending cash to child's play? like how we did it through amazon last year?[/quote]
Yes, but now you get entered into a raffle to win a $1,000 Play-Asia credit. The more raffles you buy, the better your chance of winning.

This year we are using PayPal because Amazon was a pain in the ass when it comes to collecting over $500 or so.

It's definitely towards a good cause, so I'll see if I can scrounge up any money regardless (have to pay rent though :p). However, I was wondering if anybody could tell me whether http://www.play-asia.com is a sitethat offers only Japanes games/ systems, or US games/ systems? I like RPGs and my Japanese is a little rusty :p

[quote name='asgeras']It's definitely towards a good cause, so I'll see if I can scrounge up any money regardless (have to pay rent though :p). However, I was wondering if anybody could tell me whether http://www.play-asia.com is a sitethat offers only Japanes games/ systems, or US games/ systems? I like RPGs and my Japanese is a little rusty :p[/QUOTE]

They are primarily Japanese games but they do offer some US things as well.

Very awesome site, I've used them more times than I can count.

Fantastic idea, The only thing I wish was that you could see how much we raised so far (Or how much we have put into this raffle).
I'll definitely send 10 bucks your way tomorrow.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']you should have 2 500 dollar prizes instead of one thousand, it would double everyones odds of winning[/QUOTE]

I think so too.

Either way, I'm entering. It's a great cause.

Tag to remind myself to do this.

I agree with Ikohn btw (2 $500 instead of 1 $1000) but it isn't a big deal at all and it's probably to late to change.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Tag to remind myself to do this.

I agree with Ikohn btw (2 $500 instead of 1 $1000) but it isn't a big deal at all and it's probably to late to change.[/QUOTE]

Hell, even 4 $250's is still a shitload to spend there.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hell, even 4 $250's is still a shitload to spend there.[/QUOTE]

yeah I mean the more prizes the more likely people will enter.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']yeah I mean the more prizes the more likely people will enter.[/QUOTE]

Plus I don't think the average CAG is very big on import gaming so giving one person $1,000 might be a little excessive.

With a smaller number at least they can get region free 360 games or something and not be left with a ton of money and not know what to spend it on.

But hey, if someone wins the $1,000 and wants to sell me import games for cheap let me know ;)

[quote name='nogard']Hope we can raise more than last year. Entered.[/quote]
That's an excellent question, how much was raised last year?

TBW

PS For Cheapy - if we were to donate a significant amount of money, is there some receipt that we can get to use for our taxes for the donation? I know that I can get the same thing by donating directly to the charity, but if things work out correctly, I'd like to throw my money in with other CAG's.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hell, even 4 $250's is still a shitload to spend there.[/QUOTE]Agreed. $1000 at Play-Asia is pretty overwhelming :)

Can't send anything now, but posted to remind me more into December.

Just bought 2. & i'll Probably buy more later. Great cause, good luck everyone. let's raise as much as we can!

There shud be like a "Amount raised" meter or something. If I remember my paypal's password I'll probably enter.

[quote name='cyrix`']There shud be like a "Amount raised" meter or something. If I remember my paypal's password I'll probably enter.[/quote]Yeah a Status bar would be cool, I 2nd that Opinion.

bread's done
Back