Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: [email protected]

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag :cool:

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

MKT_1401_Uncharted_header.jpg
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE
Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses​

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Player707']All sold out
https://www.fandango.com/transactio...e=10/20/2011&tid=AANEM&mid=148597&row_count=0

18,19, and 20.

Can you give me the link you're looking at?[/QUOTE]

Now, it's showing up sold out on the 19th and 20th for me. It's still open on the 18th, and I tried to purchase it myself to see if it would go through. It works, but I did see your second post. You're looking for the 20th instead.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I purchased 3 tickets. One of the people going with me is 50/50 about going. So if I find out that he can't make it I'll PM you. Also, the price he paid for it is the premium one.

Also, the link I used was from the opening post, and I tried your link as well. Both give me the same result.

[quote name='ceve2001']Now, it's showing up sold out on the 19th and 20th for me. It's still open on the 18th, and I tried to purchase it myself to see if it would go through. It works, but I did see your second post. You're looking for the 20th instead.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I purchased 3 tickets. One of the people going with me is 50/50 about going. So if I find out that he can't make it I'll PM you. Also, the price he paid for it is the premium one.

Also, the link I used was from the opening post, and I tried your link as well. Both give me the same result.[/QUOTE]

Wow, it's a little screwy, I tried to buy the 18th first a few days back, and it wouldn't allow me, said it was sold out, so I'm guessing people are returning tickets.

Hmmm, awesome, yeah lemme know, ticket's still a ticket.

Hey CAGers,
It's been great hearing from the members here about how excited they are for next week's Uncharted 3 event. Should be a sick experience playing it in 3D via Sony 4K Projection.

We're trying to do more of these kind of events, and would love to receive feedback from you (send me a PM if you’re attending NYC; I'll be there all three days).

Also, follow us on twitter as we'll be live tweeting from NYC.
@SonyDCinema4K

I've got 4 tickets for the 19th in Century City that I'm trying to get rid of (work). $60 each. PM me if you're interested.

I'm contemplating getting rid of mine too... since the multiplayer is kind of....not what I was expecting....and I already got to play the game during a focus test...the second one is ten times better.

dammit nyc event is sold out! I could of gone Wednesday and now i have no luck. Perhaps its worth a shot buying a ticket in person? Even if it says sold out.

Hey CAGers,
One day left!!!! Sooooo excited!

Just a reminder. We're trying to do more of these kind of events, and would love to receive feedback from you (send me a PM if you’re attending NYC; I'll be there all three days).

Also, follow us on twitter as we'll be live tweeting from NYC.
@SonyDCinema4K

SonyDCinerma4k,

It's been sold out in NYC for a while....are you guys letting people buy tickets at the theater?

[quote name='Readthepost']SonyDCinerma4k,

It's been sold out in NYC for a while....are you guys letting people buy tickets at the theater?[/QUOTE]

Better not... Unless someone bought a bunch of tickets, but you can't do that now (even if you're charging the same price you paid for them). I hope the event is well planned, the last thing I want to see is long lines to get in, disorganized gaming sessions and messed up freebies (you know giving out too many for the people at the front and leave nothing for the people at the back).

The part of the even that I'm concerned with is the copy of the Uncharted 3 game we're supposed to get for the $60 ticket. I know the organizers will be there to take the mailing addresses and such, but if it's a pen and paper thing, we better PRINT clearly and get some sort of tracking receipt (i.e if it's not mailed then what?)

[quote name='Darvan']I'll be at the SF event on the 20th Looking forward to the fun![/QUOTE]
Same! Meet up? Maybe go in for the tourney?

[quote name='Serpentor']The part of the even that I'm concerned with is the copy of the Uncharted 3 game we're supposed to get for the $60 ticket. I know the organizers will be there to take the mailing addresses and such, but if it's a pen and paper thing, we better PRINT clearly and get some sort of tracking receipt (i.e if it's not mailed then what?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wondered about that too. I can't imagine it just being done by pen and paper. I would hope they have some organized setup that has multiple stations where people are there to input your info into a computer. It'd be pretty damn hectic otherwise

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah I wondered about that too. I can't imagine it just being done by pen and paper. I would hope they have some organized setup that has multiple stations where people are there to input your info into a computer. It'd be pretty damn hectic otherwise[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's what I have in mind too... The tickets don't have mailing info associated with them (even then people might want to use a different address). I hope they don't take up the "check in" time, we'll see find out tomorrow.

[quote name='Strider2K99']I won a ticket also for NYC. High five![/QUOTE]

Did you get your ticket yet? Or anyone that won a ticket from @playstation/naughty dog/heyplaystation?

I won from Playstation but no reply back or no instructions on how to get the ticket...

[quote name='Wario64']Did you get your ticket yet? Or anyone that won a ticket from @playstation/naughty dog/heyplaystation?

I won from Playstation but no reply back or no instructions on how to get the ticket...[/QUOTE]

No ticket, and same here, I was thinking about this as well. I'm worried, although I have a sneaking suspicion they will email it the morning of. Still, I'm worried.

I will be at the NYC show on October 18th with the woman. I have a feeling I'm going to get destroyed in that tourney though... lol

I'm secretly hoping the whole "we'll mail you the game" was just a ruse and they'll just give out copies tomorrow night ;) Hey, a guy can dream right.

I finally got an email. FYI it starts at 6:00 pm (fandango says 6:30PM for SF...the event is already screwed)

Hello,

Congratulations on winning one (1) Premium Pass to the UNCHARTED 3: Play it First in 3D event at AMC Loews Metreon 16. The event will be taking place tomorrow, Tuesday, October 18th. Doors open at 5pm, so get there early to beat the lines!

We've received a bunch of questions, so here are answers to the ones that are coming up most often:
-Tickets are non-transferrable. The name you provided in your email is the only person who can claim the ticket.
-The event begins at 6pm sharp, but you'll need to get your tickets and register for your copy of the game, so it's advisable to show up between 5-5:30
-The Premium Pass you won includes a copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception, before it hits store shelves on 11/1. The game will be shipped to you on 10/25 for delivery and you must register using your mailing address at the event to recieve your copy of the game.
-When you arrive at the theatre, follow signs to registration, and pick up your tickets in the "will call" line.

Congratulations again; we'll see you tomorrow!

I won a ticket to one of the screenings in Virginia from @HeyPlaystation.

I need to go cancel my pre-order at Gamestop...

PSYCHED. :D

[quote name='etcrane']I'm secretly hoping the whole "we'll mail you the game" was just a ruse and they'll just give out copies tomorrow night ;) Hey, a guy can dream right.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that would be awesome!

[quote name='Wario64']I finally got an email. FYI it starts at 6:00 pm (fandango says 6:30PM for SF...the event is already screwed)[/QUOTE]

so i would get one the day before

Couple more hours! You lucky lucky people! I have to wait till the 20th!

Also on a related note, still need an extra ticket for SF on the 20th -_-

Anyways, have fun! And be sure to let everyone know how it went!

hopefully i see a lot of CAG today in NYC event, ill be repping a Boston University hoodie :), hopefully i can make it far in the tournament

I just came back from the DC event. Goody bag included Drake's notebook and wrist band that was with Subway contest, 30 day free trial code for IGN Prime, code for AMC Cinema Event Character Item, code for 30 days Playstation Plus, and $5 Subway gift card. Event was focused on multiplayer competition, preview videos, Q&A with Naughty Dog developers, and raffle contest. Multiplayer competition is random teams Team Deathmatch. The winners of the competition got Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition. Raffle prizes included signed posters, a dualshock controller, action figure, t-shirts, and Playstation Custom Cover.

The experience was good. It's basically a gathering with other Uncharted fans. There were technical problems with the 3D. I would have liked more hands-on interactive booths or social contests. Since the MP contest was random teams, I couldn't get past the first round despite going 9-3. I did win a cool poster though.

[quote name='phogoodness']I just came back from the DC event. Goody bag included Drake's notebook and wrist band that was with Subway contest, 30 day free trial code for IGN Prime, code for AMC Cinema Event Character Item, code for 30 days Playstation Plus, and $5 Subway gift card. Event was focused on multiplayer competition, preview videos, Q&A with Naughty Dog developers, and raffle contest. Multiplayer competition is random teams Team Deathmatch. The winners of the competition got Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition. Raffle prizes included signed posters, a dualshock controller, action figure, t-shirts, and Playstation Custom Cover.

The experience was good. It's basically a gathering with other Uncharted fans. There were technical problems with the 3D. I would have liked more hands-on interactive booths or social contests. Since the MP contest was random teams, I couldn't get past the first round despite going 9-3. I did win a cool poster though.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the summary! What's the update on when we will receive copies? How did the mailing address part work?

i agree with everything the post above me said, i was in the nyc event, TEAM JUGGERNAUT, but unfortunately we got eliminated, me and another guy carried our teams but we couldnt get far enough :(. We ended up getting some more raffle prizes such as ratchet and clank game, resistance, some t-shirts, official sony stereo headset, so those of you in nyc are in for a treat, took about 5 hours to complete, it was a lot of fun for me

[quote name='iguss']Thanks for the summary! What's the update on when we will receive copies? How did the mailing address part work?[/QUOTE]

So they give you a card that you use to sign up with their systems, you use that card that has a code to sign up your address and all that jazz. they will ship it out a week b4 launch, but you wont see it till prob 2 days b4 the actual launch date.

[quote name='iguss']Thanks for the summary! What's the update on when we will receive copies? How did the mailing address part work?[/QUOTE]

They set up tables where you entered your information into a tablet computer to get the game sent to you. I think it would be sent later ahead of the official release date.

[quote name='dannya25']So they give you a card that you use to sign up with their systems, you use that card that has a code to sign up your address and all that jazz. they will ship it out a week b4 launch, but you wont see it till prob 2 days b4 the actual launch date.[/QUOTE]

I can concur with what others posted. Went to the DC event. It lasted a good 5 hours. Most times, you'll be watching multiplayer, some videos, some raffles for some prizes, but not much else.

I believe I read somewhere (cant find the card or place that said it) that said the game will be shipped on the 25th via 2-day Fedex shipping. So assuming that is accurate, people would get it on Thursday of next week.

This is bullshit, AMC is headquartered here so why the fuck don't they show some fucking loyalty and give us a UC3 event too?

edit: I'm sick and tired of our city being treated like dogshit when it comes to cool events like this and not getting smaller screenings of Anime.

Thanks for the reports. Keep em coming, plz :) a sf report would be much appreciated when ppl get back - including what time one should get there to get a decent seat.

I agree with phogoodness...overall it was a great experience (I was at the DC event too). I arrived a little after 6 and didn't have to wait too long to get in. The theater wasn't overly crowded. I wish they would have had more consoles set up. My team made it to the 3rd round, but got bumped by the team that would go on to win the tourney. I didn't win anything (still holding out hope for winning the survey raffle), but the prizes were pretty cool.

The guys from Naughty Dog were great and signed items for us at the end of the event. Those swag bags were apparently packed in a hurry, because many of them had duplicate items. I had two of Drake's notebook in my bag. Another chick near me had two PS Plus trial codes.

Oh, and for those going to the DC event, beware the Tyson's Corner traffic! I highly suggest giving yourself plenty of time, especially if you are coming from outside of McLean.

Just got back from the NYC event.
Pysched about winning a copy of a signed poster.
Seats were easy to find, so I don't think it'll be a problem to get there right at 6:30.
The event lasted a good 5 hours.
It was a fun experience.

I'll try to add more details tomorrow.

Question:
What would you do?
You have a copy of Batman Arkham City (PS3) game disc and slip cover, both which are autographed by Kevin Conroy (Batman Voice Actor), Seth Hill (Batman Game Director), and Jim Lee (Artist), and an Uncharted 3 Penny Arcade Poster autographed by the entire UC3 Dev Team.
You need to give one of them to your closest buddy who happens to like both games equally.
Which would you keep?

bread's done
Back