PlayStation 3 160 GB Console with $100 Credit on Amazon

I got the Walmart 2 game bundle on Black Friday. I am pretty much set as far as a console. Add that with RDR and Madden 11, I'm pretty much happy. Wish I could get a copy of LBP GOTY but for right now, I'm good. This would be a good argument for myself if I didn't get the BF bundle deal.

[quote name='Serpentor']Why this deal is getting this much attention? IMO, even with taxes, BB's any PS3 bundle and get $50 GC is hotter than this. Mainly because you can choose the $300 LBP holiday bundle. If you have the included games and Car BD, then it's a different story...[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have the Amazon credit since their games are often cheaper than retail stores, and no tax. You get more for your money

I am very tempted to sell my 120gig on fleabay and buy this one.
(average sell price seems to be around 240ish)

Would come pretty close to an even exchange. But Of course I get a new system +warranty again.

what should I do!

Oh snap, this deal is better than any of the bundles in the past few weeks IMO. Credit that works on more than videogames? SOLD! I'll probably use the $75 credit to buy a new HDTV. :)

[quote name='TheBomb69']I would like a slim with a new warranty. Is there a way to transfer data from one PS3 to another like on the 360?[/QUOTE]

Ethernet cable.

[quote name='TheBomb69']I would like a slim with a new warranty. Is there a way to transfer data from one PS3 to another like on the 360?[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting to know if that's possible too.

[quote name='rpgfan']When is this deal good for?[/QUOTE]

Its active now, but could be pulled anytime . . . no way to predict how long it will last.

[quote name='Hoffer']I sometimes think about getting a PS3 slim. I've got the original 60 GB PS3 that I put a 160 GB hdd into. I never use the PS2 backwards compatibility.

It is just a silly want though. To have the latest, greatest and slimmest.[/QUOTE]

yea when i bought my 160gb ps3 i was like wtf did i just get this for? i dont need all this gb? lol

my ps3 fat has died 3 times i was going to wait for price drop this pretty much is that, i will just wait and get from wal mart probably unless this is still going in a few days idk. tax here is 8% and i have no tax on amazon, so either way it comes out to 225 net.

what is the best way to get extra warranty on this? do any credit cards give extended warranties or something?

[quote name='ojfan']my ps3 fat has died 3 times i was going to wait for price drop this pretty much is that, i will just wait and get from wal mart probably unless this is still going in a few days idk. tax here is 8% and i have no tax on amazon, so either way it comes out to 225 net.

what is the best way to get extra warranty on this? do any credit cards give extended warranties or something?[/QUOTE]

I would think squaretrade.

is the 75$ giftcard deal already gone....i tried adding it to the cart but dont see anything.

I guess it's worth waiting till walmart runs the deal maybe amazon does exact match?

[quote name='mrman1980']is the 75$ giftcard deal already gone....i tried adding it to the cart but dont see anything.

I guess it's worth waiting till walmart runs the deal maybe amazon does exact match?[/QUOTE]

I believe it is under "gift option" in the last screen.

[quote name='mrman1980']is the 75$ giftcard deal already gone....i tried adding it to the cart but dont see anything.

I guess it's worth waiting till walmart runs the deal maybe amazon does exact match?[/QUOTE]

it worked for me... i just bought right now. yea...talking about an impulse buy :booty:

[quote name='bk187']I would think squaretrade.[/QUOTE]

ya, thanks. i looked up the visa signature warranty thing and its like 48 for 3 years, its about the same at squaretrade but coupon code i found online THIRTY30 brings it to $33. i never get warranties but this stupid thing broke after 2.5 yrs i might get it

Wow,
I did the Black Friday Walmart deal and got Uncharted 2 and Medal of Honor free (sold MoH to Amazon for like $22) so considering how I was going to pick up Uncharted 2 anyway, I saved ~$60 or so. This would have great though.

Naturally they do this AFTER I get a $25 deal. Oh well :lol:

Can't actually play mine until I get my Intel SSD in :)

Right now the retailer is listed as "Student Run." I think you have to select "Amazon, LLC" to get the $75 gift card. You'll notice that this changes the price from $284 to $299, unfortunately.

My friend but a PS3 from BB last week, the family bundle with LBP and MODNATION plus Cars BR.

Any chance that BB will give him the giftcard?

Hell Yes, I Knew It was a good thing I skipped out on the black friday deals cause I already beat uncharted 2 and GOW 3, Amazon has saved me so much money in these last two months

dang... bought a Wii console black friday for $169... that $75 gift card would have covered all the accessories I bought, oh well.

Is the Best Buy deal online only or B&M as well. I ask because I just bought a PS3 holiday bundle on Saturday and I would love to get that $50 of course.

[quote name='thepoetvd776']My friend but a PS3 from BB last week, the family bundle with LBP and MODNATION plus Cars BR.

Any chance that BB will give him the giftcard?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it considering he got a bundle and not just the plain console but it never hurts to ask.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']Ordered. Surprised this was on the second page. This is a great deal IMO.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it is a great deal. It really sounds like the PS3 has lost a lot of its momentum here in the US. You would think with all the upcoming exclusives that people would be eating this deal up. I guess Kinect is really winning over the casuals hearts. I know I won't be getting one even though I own an XBOX 360.

Anyone get their credit yet?

and yes this is a smoking deal for a PS3, makes me wonder if these deals are Sony subsidized or something :) They just don't want an official price drop.

[quote name='wolve']Oh snap, this deal is better than any of the bundles in the past few weeks IMO. Credit that works on more than videogames? SOLD! I'll probably use the $75 credit to buy a new HDTV. :)[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm going to do some trade-ins and with this credit it's going to be hard to resist a HDTV or projector...

[quote name='GundamS']Anyone get their credit yet?

and yes this is a smoking deal for a PS3, makes me wonder if these deals are Sony subsidized or something :) They just don't want an official price drop.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten the credit yet. They say it usually takes 2 days and I ordered two days ago so I'm waiting for it.

[quote name='egonpax']Exactly. I'm going to do some trade-ins and with this credit it's going to be hard to resist a HDTV or projector...

I haven't gotten the credit yet. They say it usually takes 2 days and I ordered two days ago so I'm waiting for it.[/QUOTE]

is this video game credit or available to use on anything?

also fyi, it's usually 2 days AFTER item has shipped. not from when you order it.

[quote name='frpilot']is this video game credit or available to use on anything?

also fyi, it's usually 2 days AFTER item has shipped. not from when you order it.[/QUOTE]

Oh right I forgot. Ordered on Sunday. Shipped yesterday.

Oh I did get the credit already (this morning when I said I didn't) I'm incredibly tired today and can't concentrate.

Anyways, it does work on non-video game stuff. Just put a projector into my cart and -$75 promo was applied! :)

I've been wanting to wait until Friday to try and snag the Walmart $100 gift card deal, but I might jump on this because I'm worried it might not last until Friday night if the Walmart thing falls through.

Can anybody recommend good PS3 titles for a newcomer? I only want PS3 exclusives since I already have a ginormous 360 backlog.

I'm thinking so far:
Uncharted 1 & 2
Heavy Rain
Demon Souls (no idea what it is but every1 here loves it)
LittleBigPlanet
God of War Collection & GoW 3

Any other worthy PS3 exclusives?

[quote name='danstabbingworth']Ordered Sunday, shipped yesterday, and I got the credit today.

Credit expires November 2011.[/QUOTE]

Same, except I'm still l waiting for my credit.... :/

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I've been wanting to wait until Friday to try and snag the Walmart $100 gift card deal, but I might jump on this because I'm worried it might not last until Friday night if the Walmart thing falls through.

Can anybody recommend good PS3 titles for a newcomer? I only want PS3 exclusives since I already have a ginormous 360 backlog.

I'm thinking so far:
Uncharted 1 & 2
Heavy Rain
Demon Souls (no idea what it is but every1 here loves it)
LittleBigPlanet
God of War Collection & GoW 3

Any other worthy PS3 exclusives?[/QUOTE]

that's pretty much all I buy...this is my collection http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=mywhitenoise&ps3=1

For "must haves"...I'd suggest

Uncharted 1 and/or 2
MGS4
GOWIII
Demons Souls ($15 on Amazon right now)
GT5
LBP (wait for 2)
Heavy Rain
infamous
Warhawk
Fat Princess ($7.50 PSN code at gamestop)

I'm not a big FPS fan, but if you're going to choose between Killzone and Resistance, pick Killzone.

you can get most of those games used for around $20 or less.

Does anyone think that Sony is planning a new pricepoint for a console like this one in the near future? Microsoft has the 4gb $200 console, and Sony doesn't have anything at that pricepoint to compete . . . and it seems like they may be prepping for a price drop for a lower-end system like this in the near future? Even so, I doubt they'd go lower than $250 for a system with a hard drive . . . $200 seems kind of a stretch. $225 net for this 160gb system is a great deal, Amazon must be selling these by the ton! :whee:

[quote name='chimpmeister']Does anyone think that Sony is planning a new pricepoint for a console like this one in the near future? Microsoft has the 4gb $200 console, and Sony doesn't have anything at that pricepoint to compete . . . and it seems like they may be prepping for a price drop for a lower-end system like this in the near future? Even so, I doubt they'd go lower than $250 for a system with a hard drive . . . $200 seems kind of a stretch. $225 net for this 160gb system is a great deal, Amazon must be selling these by the ton! :whee:[/QUOTE]
No even with the credit it is like number 18 now in sales. Kind of dissapointing for a great system with a stellar lineup in 2011. I wonder if we will see a price reduction as I'm sure MS will just reduce their's also to keep pace. MS can afford the price reduction better than Sony can.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Does anyone think that Sony is planning a new pricepoint for a console like this one in the near future? Microsoft has the 4gb $200 console, and Sony doesn't have anything at that pricepoint to compete . . . and it seems like they may be prepping for a price drop for a lower-end system like this in the near future? Even so, I doubt they'd go lower than $250 for a system with a hard drive . . . $200 seems kind of a stretch. $225 net for this 160gb system is a great deal, Amazon must be selling these by the ton! :whee:[/QUOTE]

No, I think they are just pretty much trying to match or beat the BB and WM gift card deals on the PS3. Plus it's the holiday season and they are just having deals. I remember at some point last year WM did the $100 gift card thing as well. However, they could do I guess what they did with the 120gb and phase out this 160gb and make new ones come with a 200gb hd.

[quote name='3rdbass']No even with the credit it is like number 18 now in sales. Kind of dissapointing for a great system with a stellar lineup in 2011. I wonder if we will see a price reduction as I'm sure MS will just reduce their's also to keep pace. MS can afford the price reduction better than Sony can.[/QUOTE]

Not to sound too much like a noob, but I've just ordered a PS3 (comes in tomorrow!) and I don't know what games are coming out that are PS3 exclusive. Which games are you talking about? Thanks.

Just find out the credits cannot be used towards warehouse deals.

Anyway I used it to order Heavy Rain.

[quote name='egonpax']Not to sound too much like a noob, but I've just ordered a PS3 (comes in tomorrow!) and I don't know what games are coming out that are PS3 exclusive. Which games are you talking about? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Look at my previous post...many of those are prequels to what's coming out.

Uncharted 3
inFamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Killzone 3
Resistance 3
Twisted Metal
Motorstorm Apocalypse
SOCOM 4
The ICO Collection
The Last Guardian (maybe)

Hell, I'm tempted to see how much I can get for my 80 GB backwards compatible model just to take advantage of this deal. It's on the loud side recently and I can't say I'm using the BC functionality.

I sold my 80 earlier in the year when I could get $200 for it. The backwards compatibility wasn't perfect anyway, and was a moot point since the current models don't have it-I need spares regardless :(

Got my credit today, used it to buy a copy of Bayonetta for 15.99

bread's done
Back