Playstation 3 160GB with $50 gift card this weekend - online and in store!

greencandyman

CAGiversary!
link
From gamestop this weekend 12/12 to 12/14 and gift card for future purchases (online and B&M)

3 days only! December 12 -14 buy a limited edition PLAYSTATION 3 160GB Drake's Fortune Bundle and get a $50 off a future purchase! Store customers receive $50 gift card at the time of purchase. Online customers will receive an email within 2 business days of order completion containing a code for $50 off a future purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed this while browsing the Gamestop website:

3 days only! December 12 -14 buy a limited edition PLAYSTATION 3 160GB Drake's Fortune Bundle and get a $50 off a future purchase! Store customers receive $50 gift card at the time of purchase. Online customers will receive an email within 2 business days of order completion containing a code for $50 off a future purchase.

That's not too bad, consider it another free game. So it's like getting 2 free games (if you count Uncharted) with a 120GB PS3.

Wow, this is in store as well (when I first read this thread I missed that part and though it was online only). From the linky:

I'm returning my unopened 160GB PS3 tomorrow and repurchasing it! Thanks a ton for the post greencandyman as I'm sure I would have missed this with the short timeframe it has. You just saved me $50 in GS monies :whee:.

I'll add that text to the OP as well so it has a little more detail.

(D'oh, aren't merged threads fun! mkernan did inlcude the text above in his post. So thanks to both of you guys for bringing this to my attention)

Sounds like the model to go for right now then...Uncharted's demo was really fun (seemed similar to the modern Tomb Raider games) so basically $50 more for a game and storage space, which isn't terrible.

Awesome - just returned/repurchased my 160GB PS3, and got a $50 GC which I promptly used on a second Dual Shock 3 (now we can do some coop LBP on Christmas day when the kids open all this stuff :bouncy:). They did need to scan the actual PS3 so I'm glad I brought it - at a place like BB or CC I probably would have only needed the receipt.

So for $505 I got a 160GB PS3, Uncharted, and 2 DS3's. Not bad at all. I was starting to regret getting the 160GB with a game that was getting cheap (found one at Target for $14.98 actually) and paying $100 more than the 80GB. But at just $50 more than the 80GB it is definitely worth it. I don't have to go through the hassle of a HD swap and there's the chance I have slightly better/newer components (the cooler chips and whatnot).

[quote name='rickonker']Can get this for $400 instead I think.[/QUOTE]

At Gamestop? If not, then it doesn't matter to me since I wanted to use my already-existing trade-in credit (ie, not pay cash for it). It is well worth it for me to pay $50 more in GS credit than via a credit card online or something.

I'm just glad I was able to get it for some discount since after buying it when it first came out I see these everywhere (so much for it being "limited"). Also, when the NPD numbers came out and the PS3 sold so poorly in Nov I was sure there would be discounts coming up that I'd miss out on. With the $50 off I feel much better about it (even if they cut it by $100 or so in January).

[quote name='io']At Gamestop? If not, then it doesn't matter to me since I wanted to use my already-existing trade-in credit (ie, not pay cash for it). It is well worth it for me to pay $50 more in GS credit than via a credit card online or something.

I'm just glad I was able to get it for some discount since after buying it when it first came out I see these everywhere (so much for it being "limited"). Also, when the NPD numbers came out and the PS3 sold so poorly in Nov I was sure there would be discounts coming up that I'd miss out on. With the $50 off I feel much better about it (even if they cut it by $100 or so in January).[/QUOTE]
Ah, nvm then. Wouldn't it be kind of weird for them to cut the price in January though, right after the holiday season?

[quote name='rickonker']Ah, nvm then. Wouldn't it be kind of weird for them to cut the price in January though, right after the holiday season?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I just threw that out there because it would cause me maximum annoyance if it happened right after I finally opened mine on Christmas :lol:.

But if the sales are as poor in December as they were in November who knows, they may get that desperate. But that's neither here nor there and just pure speculation.

bread's done
Back