PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

I could see Sony handing out free digital codes for Last of Us.
Everybody at the Sony E3 theater is going to get a copy and a ps+ subscription card.
I agree with them handing out TLOU PS4 codes. Would be pretty happy about that and it might be the only way I replay it again.

Kind of on another topic, did anyone see the new Vita colors announced overseas. Red/Black and Blue/Black both look pretty sleek. Really wish they'd released the colored DualShock 4s soon. Want to order one from EvilControllers or a similar site but don't want to spend $100+.

I agree with them handing out TLOU PS4 codes. Would be pretty happy about that and it might be the only way I replay it again.
Kind of on another topic, did anyone see the new Vita colors announced overseas. Red/Black and Blue/Black both look pretty sleek. Really wish they'd released the colored DualShock 4s soon. Want to order one from EvilControllers or a similar site but don't want to spend $100+.
I've been waiting to buy a second DS4 so I can get the red one... It's really annoying that they haven't released them yet.

[quote name="4thHorseman" post="11813266" timestamp="1401888081"]Your point? I'll take multiplat games over no games any day of the week.[/quote]
This was my point. a lot of people have been bashing Sony for this but at least we have things to do in the meantime. Its a good bridge for those games that were waiting for.

I call it the PS Vita companion device personally, but thank you.

At the rate my Wi-Fi's going, I'll have inFamous ready to play by 2016! Can't wait.

Eh he kinda has a point.  Even the Vita has a more appealing library than the PS4.  Hope that changes by next week...

Last edited by a moderator:
51 details about DriveClub

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/05/51-driveclub-details-might-just-blow-mind/

Some points:

Each location has a draw distance of up to 200km to the horizon and even simulates the curvature of the earth in both skies and terrain. Distant landscapes are built out and fully modelled, instead of ‘painted on’, to ensure that they support the dynamic, volumetric nature of the skies and lighting.
Some tracks boast over 1.2 million road-side trees – and this number keeps going up as the artists try to out-do each other as development progresses.
A typical DRIVECLUB car is made up of 260,000 polygons. The staggeringly detailed cars you see in promo videos are the same models you drive in the game – they’re not pre-rendered CG versions.

Eh he kinda has a point. Even the Vita has a more appealing library than the PS4. Hope that changes by next week...
Who has a point?

There are currently 249 games on PS4

Exclusive = 28 (1 of these are free-to-play)

Sony Exclusive = 20

Console exclusive and/or timed = 70/1 (8 of these are free-to-play)

Multiplatform = 130 (1 of these is free-to-play)

Playable = 76 available to purchase (10 of these are exclusive to PS4)

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

Worms Battlegrounds

Murdered: Soul Suspect

1001 Spikes

War Thunder

Puddle

Watch Dogs

Sparkle 2

Transistor

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Bound by Flame

Outlast: Whistleblower

Stick it to the Man!

Titan Attacks!

Sportsfriends

MLB 14: The Show

Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Child of Light

Daylight

Cel Damage HD

Octodad: Dadliest Catch

That Trivia Game

Battlefield 4: Naval Strike

Pure Chess

Backgammon Blitz

Trials Fusion

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

King Oddball

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut

LEGO The Hobbit

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation

Mercenary Kings

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Gold Edition

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition

Fez

inFamous: Second Son

SteamWorld Dig

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark Ultimate Edition

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

TowerFall Ascension

Putty Squad

Battlefield 4: Second Assault

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

Awesomenauts Assemble!

Basement Crawl

Thief

ZEN Pinball 2: Super League Football

Rayman Legends

Strider

The LEGO Movie Videogame

Outlast

DC Universe Online: War of the Light Part I

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Don't Starve: Console Edition

ZEN Pinball 2

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry

flOw

The Pinball Arcade

Doki-Doki Universe

Battlefield 4: China Rising

Escape Plan

Tiny Brains

NBA Live 14

The Playroom

Trine 2: Complete Story

Angry Birds Star Wars

Sound Shapes

flower

Super Motherload

Resogun

Contrast

Skylanders Swap Force

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

DC Universe Online

Need for Speed: Rivals

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Blacklight: Retribution

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Knack

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition

Just Dance 2014

Madden NFL 25

NBA 2K14

Warframe

FIFA 14

Battlefield 4

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

These are just some of them!

When Vita has been out for almost three years... then yes it would have a more appealing library on shear numbers! Clown comment bro!

Not PS4 news per say but Dead Rising 3 is coming to PC so if you don't have an xbox one great way to play it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/05/dead-rising-3-confirmed-for-pc-with-new-trailer

I think its just one step closer to coming to PS4.
Published by Microsoft, so can't imagine that it will. If anything, I would see this as one chip in a potential Microsoft-Valve partnership.

EDIT: Although, we have seen in the past (Mass Effect) that it isn't a guarantee. Who knows.

And so was pliskin saying if it DID happen itd be 1080p/60....
Nice job highlighting the DID for some people around here...

cat-video-games.jpg

I wouldn't be shocked if DR3 comes out for the ps4, stranger things have happened. Anyway, Its a great game so if you dont have a X1 you should pick it up for the PC.

Published by Microsoft, so can't imagine that it will. If anything, I would see this as one chip in a potential Microsoft-Valve partnership.

EDIT: Although, we have seen in the past (Mass Effect) that it isn't a guarantee. Who knows.
On GAF they are stating the PC version is being published by Capcom, so unless in the publishing deal Microsoft put in a no PlayStation clause, it very well could end up on the PS4.

Who has a point?

There are currently 249 games on PS4

Exclusive = 28 (1 of these are free-to-play)
Sony Exclusive = 20
Console exclusive and/or timed = 70/1 (8 of these are free-to-play)
Multiplatform = 130 (1 of these is free-to-play)
Playable = 76 available to purchase (10 of these are exclusive to PS4)

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Worms Battlegrounds
Murdered: Soul Suspect
1001 Spikes
War Thunder
Puddle
Watch Dogs
Sparkle 2
Transistor
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Bound by Flame
Outlast: Whistleblower
Stick it to the Man!
Titan Attacks!
Sportsfriends
MLB 14: The Show
Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Child of Light
Daylight
Cel Damage HD
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
That Trivia Game
Battlefield 4: Naval Strike
Pure Chess
Backgammon Blitz
Trials Fusion
Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
King Oddball
Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut
LEGO The Hobbit
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation
Mercenary Kings
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Gold Edition
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
Fez
inFamous: Second Son
SteamWorld Dig
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark Ultimate Edition
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
TowerFall Ascension
Putty Squad
Battlefield 4: Second Assault
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
Awesomenauts Assemble!
Basement Crawl
Thief
ZEN Pinball 2: Super League Football
Rayman Legends
Strider
The LEGO Movie Videogame
Outlast
DC Universe Online: War of the Light Part I
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Don't Starve: Console Edition
ZEN Pinball 2
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry
flOw
The Pinball Arcade
Doki-Doki Universe
Battlefield 4: China Rising
Escape Plan
Tiny Brains
NBA Live 14
The Playroom
Trine 2: Complete Story
Angry Birds Star Wars
Sound Shapes
flower
Super Motherload
Resogun
Contrast
Skylanders Swap Force
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
DC Universe Online
Need for Speed: Rivals
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Blacklight: Retribution
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
Just Dance 2014
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
Warframe
FIFA 14
Battlefield 4
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

These are just some of them!

When Vita has been out for almost three years... then yes it would have a more appealing library on shear numbers! Clown comment bro!
Most of that is filler garbage, "bro".

PS4 has about 5-10 must play titles. Tops. Some of the heavy hitters (2k and battlefield) have been riddled with bugs that detract from the experience. A lot the "good" titles on that list are indies and arcade games which quite frankly... who gives a fuck about indies.

AC
MGS
Infamous
Watch Dogs
MLB The Show

That's the best you are going to get on the system none of which is worth buying the console for -> in my opinion.

I really hope Sony has more to offer for the second half of this year because most of the good stuffed is either releasing or being pushed to 2015 (Batman is now a 2015 title as well as Witcher 3). We are only a few days away from e3 so the long wait could be over soon. I hope...

Most of that is filler garbage, "bro".

PS4 has about 5-10 must play titles. Tops. Some of the heavy hitters (2k and battlefield) have been riddled with bugs that detract from the experience. A lot the "good" titles on that list are indies and arcade games which quite frankly... who gives a fuck about indies.

AC
MGS
Infamous
Watch Dogs
MLB The Show

That's the best you are going to get on the system none of which is worth buying the console for -> in my opinion.
You're an idiot -> in my opinion.

He should have said "nobody buys a PS4 to play indies". That line aside, he has a point, the PS4 library is nothing special right now, but I don't think anyone should expect it to be at this point. It's hasn't been out for very long at all. It will be better when we start getting more games that are made to be played on PS4/X1 and not just upgraded graphics from a PS3/360 version. More people will move on to PS4/X1 this fall/winter and we should get better games in 2015, or at least I hope so. EA Sports UFC is a PS4/X1 exclusive, so I'm hoping that becomes a normal thing starting in 2015 since it doesn't seem to be happening much this year.

he listed game dlc's on games out for system that was nothing but copy and paste from a website  :wall: . With that said i agree this day and age indies at times make better games then triple A title makers. With that said i don't think unless you are a hardcore gamer both systems are not worth owning right now even more so that most games out are indie games.

Yea I did copy and paste, what I'm supposed to memorize this crap! Who cares, it's the best list I found that I could copy and paste!

People call games indie on the sole basis that they are downloadable only and are cheap, but some of the indie experiences are just as good as a AAA games! If Outlast were released at retail and charging $60 it wouldn't be called an indie... The indie hate is seriously getting old!

Like I said the system is less than a year old, with that said it has a decent number of games! I'm happy and that's all that matters to me with my purchase of my PS4

Oultlast wouldn't get nearly the same praise if it was a $60 retail game.
what im basically reading is, outlast as a retail game would get shit on because it wouldnt be worth the price. however, since outlast is an indie, itll get shit on cuz its an indie.

with some people and indies, youre damned if you do and damned if you dont

Did anyone catch the 2K15 commercial during the NBA finals game? Sony stepping up their marketing big time.

what im basically reading is, outlast as a retail game would get shit on because it wouldnt be worth the price. however, since outlast is an indie, itll get shit on cuz its an indie.

with some people and indies, youre damned if you do and damned if you dont
Wow. Are you referring to me with all of this? I never "shit on" anything and I would definitely never shit on a game just because it was an indie. I enjoy many games, including indies. In fact, one of my only platinum trophies is from Hotline Miami, a game I obviously enjoyed very much.

Indie games are held to a different standard, partly because of price difference from $60 retail games. They are allowed to have less features, be less pretty, be shorter experiences, etc because they don't have the big budgets or big price tags. Obviously, that doesn't mean they can't be good, but there is a reason they aren't asking $60 for these games. Most people would be unwilling to pay $60 for them, so yeah Outlast would be criticized if it was released as a $60 PS4 game.

You're an idiot -> in my opinion.
Sorry, but he's right. 243 out of those 249 aren't anything special. It's like people get some sort of satisfaction for giving their life for a product. The PS4 (and Xbox One for that matter) hardly have shit out. It happens at launch. Why do you have to be such a d-bag and go "Nu-uh! Playstation has X games and it's only been 6 months! Playstation is so Great! You're an idiot if you aren't as big of a fanboy as me!"

Killzone, Watch Dogs (which is also available on everything else), Assassin's Creed 4 (which is available on everything else), and Infamous are the only games to even bother with right now. Everything else is just free indie PS+ garbage or AAA garbage (Thief).

It's hard to respect someone who refers to indie games as "garbage".

That being said, yes, there are only a handful of games for the caveman gamer who isn't open-minded(indies poop, me need shooty-shoot shiny games!). There may not even be a big appealing library for everyone thus far, but what console has one after 6 months anyway? People don't buy PS4's to play indies(love them as I may), but they are a great bonus to fill in the gaps between those big titles. People are happy with the offerings on PS4 right now and some aren't - it's just the nature of the beast.

Besides, you'll always have boneheads claiming the PS4 has no games even in 2016.

Sorry, but he's right. 243 out of those 249 aren't anything special. It's like people get some sort of satisfaction for giving their life for a product. The PS4 (and Xbox One for that matter) hardly have shit out. It happens at launch. Why do you have to be such a d-bag and go "Nu-uh! Playstation has X games and it's only been 6 months! Playstation is so Great! You're an idiot if you aren't as big of a fanboy as me!"

Killzone, Watch Dogs (which is also available on everything else), Assassin's Creed 4 (which is available on everything else), and Infamous are the only games to even bother with right now. Everything else is just free indie PS+ garbage or AAA garbage (Thief).
He's an idiot for saying indies dont matter at all. Did I buy my ps4 for the indies? Hell no. I bought it for the future potential of the great games to come. Dismissing the smaller download only titles is short sighted and ignorant however. Gaming is supposed to be fun, if I find a small indie game that was either free from ps+ or cheap and get some hours of fun out of it, how is that any less important than a AAA game that was also fun? Just because the AAA game had better graphics and was longer that indie game has less value in regards to fun?

Dismissing the indies on the ps4, and hell even the x1, is ignorant. You dont have to play them but you are missing out on some really good experiences for either free or cheaper than a big budget titles if you do.

You're taking something subjective (what games are special to someone) and dismissing them because they aren't AAA games or whatever. 249 games is 249 games. I would hardly say the system is barren of releases, and saying otherwise is straight up denial.

Now whether you like them or not is something different. The same can be said if you played them on the PC/PS3/360 if the games are re-releases. Or even if you want something more than indie games. But there are people out there who thoroughly enjoy these games, have never played them before, and are worth being called a game. To dismiss them entirely because they aren't $60 titles or whatever is a ridiculously stupid thing to say.

I just can't stand the whole Indie garbage, and multiplatform games mean nothing.  Ok then they don't to you.  I have gotten to experience a lot more types of games than ever before thanks to the free "Indies"  i have gotten and it has opened my eyes and actually lead me to buy more due to the fun factors that everyone says they bring.  For me I have way TOO many games for my PS4 I can't even get to them.  We are less than a year in, before long the list of games will be too long!

bread's done
Back