PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

[quote name="Deader2818" post="12755696" timestamp="1434684943"]Trolling is not tolerated and its simple as that.[/quote]
You're in too deep for you trying to take high road now.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uE1MJSZO6c[/media]
Can't wait

iREkTVFtTIETD.png

Having shitty attitudes and trolling really isn't going to do you both any good. If you want to throw a tantrum and start arguments for no reason go to it somewhere else.
I don't care enough about the topic, every potential argument or sly comment ends with the same result. Just don't pretend like you're all above it now. On another note, hopefully Killzone is officially dead because Horizon looks like a potential franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care enough about the topic, every potential argument or sly comment ends with the same result. Just don't pretend like you're all above it now. On another note, hopefully Killzone is officially dear because Horizon looks like a potential franchise.
I don't feel like Killzone should die. Guerilla just needs to focus on making it less generic.

No joke, that Star Wars 360 is my favorite LE console ever made. Sony would be dumb not to release one especially with the movie coming out, it will sell like hot cakes.

I don't care enough about the topic, every potential argument or sly comment ends with the same result. Just don't pretend like you're all above it now. On another note, hopefully Killzone is officially dear because Horizon looks like a potential franchise.
I dont think will see another KZ from Guerrilla, Sony may hand off the franchise to someone else though. I never got the hate for the games, I thought each one was solid and I put many hours into KZ2 MP.

What was the Battlefront single player? Defending from waves of enemies? That was co OP no? And the Hoth game play was multi-player? Did I miss one?

I thought Ubi had a pretty good showing, For Honor looks like it has potential and I'm very interested it Wild Lands. While I'm not the biggest Ghost Recon fan, I love the open world third/first person type of games. Also that add-on for Trials Fusion!

Another game that looked great was Just Cause3, seen the 10 minute game play video of it.

And about the second half of the Uncharted demo, IGN had a post about it, even went into detail. I've always loved the set pieces in the Uncharted series. Like the train from 2 and the airplane from 3. Also apparently you can use the jeep in multiple parts of the game.

Edit: has anyone else been having trouble with the PS4 store on ps4? When I click the icon, it just brings me to a blank page, almost like it's having trouble loading.

So he made a comment regarding reaction videos, which some were fake and I responded to him with a simple truth and all of you blew it out of proportion. One calling me a name, getting scolded by a wannabe mod who is accusing me of trolling and I'm not the one who brought up Microsoft.

I thought that Killzone Mercenaries was pretty good and not generic. Killeen moved its story along too fast; too much happened in the span of 3-4 games.
I agree. Killzone Mercs was fantastic. Got it on release and one of the only reasons to own a Vita. KZ:SF (another day 1 purchase) and KZ3 were both great in my opinion, but offered nothing really new to the masses

Im a huge fan of God of War, i am really hoping next year they at least announce they are working on a new game for PS4.
you could just wait till next year when they announce whatever god of war santa monica is making for ps4. i hate that santa monica is working on another GoW though. they need to give that series a rest. i mean, guerilla games was finally able to move away from killzone and look at the potential of their new IP.

you could just wait till next year when they announce whatever god of war santa monica is making for ps4. i hate that santa monica is working on another GoW though. they need to give that series a rest. i mean, guerilla games was finally able to move away from killzone and look at the potential of their new IP.
God of War should really die off at this point. The gameplay hasn't evolved since the first game, and the quality is starting to drop. Santa Monica should definitely start making new IPs

Last I read Santa Monica got a chance to make a new IP but it was garbage and it got cancelled after 4 years in development and a ton of money was lost. I like God of War so Im excited to see a new one for the Ps4. Maybe they'll get another shot at a new IP after this.

That being said, when the hell is Sony gonna let us use custom backgrounds?? The ones up on the store keep getting more terrible and expensive by the week. $4.99 is insane for a theme and most of the better looking ones are locked behind game pre-orders.

Last I read Santa Monica got a chance to make a new IP but it was garbage and it got cancelled after 4 years in development and a ton of money was lost. I like God of War so Im excited to see a new one for the Ps4. Maybe they'll get another shot at a new IP after this.

That being said, when the hell is Sony gonna let us use custom backgrounds?? The ones up on the store keep getting more terrible and expensive by the week. $4.99 is insane for a theme and most of the better looking ones are locked behind game pre-orders.
You mean like how Ascension was garbage and GoW3 was grossly overrated?

Sony needs to leave GoW alone for another 3-5 years IMO.

You mean like how Ascension was garbage and GoW3 was grossly overrated?

Sony needs to leave GoW alone for another 3-5 years IMO.
For me GOW3 is one of the top games of last gen, Ascension was just okay. My point still stands though, they had their chance at a new IP and they blew it. And by the time GOW4 comes out it'll have 4 years between it and Ascension so its not like they're running a new one out every year like Ass Creed. Now that's a series that needs to be left alone for a while.

For me GOW3 is one of the top games of last gen, Ascension was just okay. My point still stands though, they had their chance at a new IP and they blew it. And by the time GOW4 comes out it'll have 4 years between it and Ascension so its not like they're running a new one out every year like Ass Creed. Now that's a series that needs to be left alone for a while.
I won't go into much detail with you here, but suffice it to say I wasn't nearly as impressed with GoW3 as you were. It had a great start in the Poseidon fight, and a really cool sequence midway through with the Titan fight, but aside from that the game was middling to me. Throw in the fact that the game hasn't ever actually evolved, and I'm just tired of it - despite only 6 games existing in its 10 year history.

If more must be made I wish they'd just give it to an up and coming studio. SSM can do much better, and should be allowed to despite the cancellation of whatever Stig's game actually was.

i liked GoW 3, although it did blow its proverbial load with in the first 15 minutes of the game. ascension was meh and had a tacked on mp to follow suit.

with the cancelled game... i mean, you can tell something is going to suck well before the 4 year mark of the dev cycle. they should have axed it much sooner

Does anyone here have experience with unknown error codes? I can't even load up GTA V because it says there's not enough free system memory. I have 19 GB free. This all started with the latest GTA update. The error code I've been getting has never been reported or acknowledged officially by Sony, nor does it turn up whatsoever in Google.

This has been going on for weeks and I'm pretty fucking angry that no one in customer service seems to be competent. I've deleted and reinstalled the game numerous times along with deleting all related save files and captures from the bard drive. I've also rebuilt the system database and reinstalled aystem firmware 2.51.

Does anyone here have experience with unknown error codes? I can't even load up GTA V because it says there's not enough free system memory. I have 19 GB free. This all started with the latest GTA update. The error code I've been getting has never been reported or acknowledged officially by Sony, nor does it turn up whatsoever in Google.

This has been going on for weeks and I'm pretty fucking angry that no one in customer service seems to be competent. I've deleted and reinstalled the game numerous times along with deleting all related save files and captures from the bard drive. I've also rebuilt the system database and reinstalled aystem firmware 2.51.
Damn!

Never heard of that too!

A shot in the dark, but do you have P.T. demo installed? Heard that might cause problems with other installations...

Does it make sense? Not really! But...

Lost the link, can't really tell you what I've read...

But, think of the PS4 as a PC. Operating system, games (installations), internet connected = Conflicts may occur.  Also bad blood between Konami and Playstation about it... Sense, nonsense, i don't know...

See if you can get a disc version of the game and if the issue persists 

Try creating more free space. See what happens if you have, say, 50-60GB free.

Why would I need to clear that much space just for one single game to run? That same game ran fine when I had less than 1 GB of free space on the hard drive (and P.T. on there as well). Now I have 19 GB free.

Why would I need to clear that much space just for one single game to run? That same game ran fine when I had less than 1 GB of free space on the hard drive (and P.T. on there as well). Now I have 19 GB free.
Sometimes when there are patches or installs the system thinks it needs more memory cleared up than it actually does.

Not saying it's your solution, but it would be my next course of action.

Also, I'd be quite surprised if your issue has anything to do with P.T.

I'm in the miniority. I loved Ascension for the multiplayer. I didn't think it had a fair shake. It was a big change from the campaign mashing gameplay and actually required strategy.. While I'll acknowledge that the gameplay is stale, the game really is about catering to the mainstream masses. All you do is hit X to scale around and mash away at square, square, square whenever you run into a group of enemies with the occasional QTE mixed in. GoW is my guilty pleasure. I've played and enjoyed every game so far still.

I'm in the miniority. I loved Ascension for the multiplayer. I didn't think it had a fair shake. It was a big change from the campaign mashing gameplay and actually required strategy.. While I'll acknowledge that the gameplay is stale, the game really is about catering to the mainstream masses. All you do is hit X to scale around and mash away at square, square, square whenever you run into a group of enemies with the occasional QTE mixed in. GoW is my guilty pleasure. I've played and enjoyed every game so far still.
I don't think 6 games across three systems over the span of a decade is over doing it when franchises like Halo of Gears had nearly as much on just one system.

I mean how many Assassin's creed games were there last gen alone? And what would one expect GoW to evolve into? A turn based strategy? It is what it is.... I don't think it's a franchise that has more then a game or two left but I wouldn't mind seeing those made.

Graphically it does look better than FH2 but FH2 was more fun to play. I don't like racing game that much but I could tell that I preferred playing FH2 over Driveclub.

Sometimes when there are patches or installs the system thinks it needs more memory cleared up than it actually does.

Not saying it's your solution, but it would be my next course of action.

Also, I'd be quite surprised if your issue has anything to do with P.T.
Thought I responded earlier but I was wrong. I was also wrong to doubt you. I deleted NBA 2K15 and was then able to start and play GTA V. The weirder thing is that I reinstalled NBA 2K15 afterward and GTA still ran fine. So none of kt makes any sort of sense to me in that regard, but thank you very much!

bread's done
Back