PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

[quote name='Josh5890']Two genres I have never been able to get into are FPS and driving simulation games. So far I'm not looking good tonight :([/QUOTE]

Haha yeah neither of these games appeal to me at all either. But I'm still very happy with how the conference is going.

[quote name='waldo21212']First person only "team based" racing game? No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Racing is a very individualistic sport. Only one person can finish first.

[quote name='kill3r7']Agreed. Racing is a very individualistic sport. Only one person can finish first.[/QUOTE]

"If you aint first, you're last"

[quote name='renique46']When i buy a ps4 i totally buy it to play Ps3 games:roll:

Protip: you wanna play ps3 games get a goddamn ps3[/QUOTE]

Wow, you completely missed the point, but okay. Even Sony has been stressing how much they will be unifying their platform going forward. It just sucks that the PS3 (for now, at least) will be left behind. It's not about "ps3" or "ps4" or "vita" or whatever. It's about the Playstation PLATFORM and the many ways consumers can access it. I have confidence Sony will eventually address BC, but it sucks it won't be out the launch gate.

Hmmmm, new inFamous seems cool, but I have concerns it might take itself too seriously compared to the excellent PS3 games.

I think the biggest disappointment about no bc, for me, is that my digital download
collection will be tied to my ps3. I know psn isn't steam, but I wanted my digital collection to follow me to a new system. I guess there's still hope with Microsoft, but now I'm not looking forward to their new system announcement.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']I think the biggest disappointment about no bc, for me, is that my digital download
collection will be tied to my ps3
. I know psn isn't steam, but I wanted my digital collection to follow me to a new system. I guess there's still hope with Microsoft, but now I'm not looking forward to their new system announcement.[/QUOTE]

This true?!? Pisses me off even more :cry:

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Protip: Some of us don't want to have 23 systems hogging up space when today's technology should allow us to play previous gen games on the most recent console.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I'm not one of those complaining about the lack of backward compatibility (it's not a surprise at this point), but it's hard to see how some people can't understand why it's desirable.
[quote name='gsr']just tuned in, this game they're showing now looks marginally better than current gen.

do we really need a new console? sigh[/QUOTE]
Don't judge the power of the hardware on just the software shown thus far. The specifications released illustrate a large leap in hardware. Take, for example, the leap from 256MB of RAM + 256MB of VRAM to 8GB of shared VRAM-- while RAM isn't typically the largest bottleneck, that's still a significant upgrade. With games like Zone of the Enders HD suffering from major framerate issues, new hardware might not be premature.

OK, is it some requirement for every single person they bring on stage to try to look creepier than the previous one? I feel like I accidentally tuned into a NAMBLA convention from the looks of these people.

[quote name='breakfuss']Wow, you completely missed the point, but okay. Even Sony has been stressing how much they will be unifying their platform going forward. It just sucks that the PS3 (for now, at least) will be left behind. It's not about "ps3" or "ps4" or "vita" or whatever. It's about the Playstation PLATFORM and the many ways consumers can access it. I have confidence Sony will eventually address BC, but it sucks it won't be out the launch gate.[/QUOTE]

It was pretty much a given that both consoles werent going to includes BC. Both are going from PPC to X86 processors.

The updated graphics are pretty to look at but so far I have not seen any reason to get rid of my PS3 yet. At least with the amount of games I have sitting on my shelf.

[quote name='IamPro']This true?!? Pisses me off even more :cry:[/QUOTE]

I mean I don't know anything for sure but people were talking earlier about how most psn games were essentially ps3 games. I took that to mean if there was no bc there would be no bringing ps3 psn games to the ps4. *shrug*

Come on guys, they're game developers. If they were really good looking they'd be models. I'm sure everyone in this thread is handsome as hell.

Witness looks promising, one thing that PSN has done well is giving us escapist adventure games that evoke that MYST feel.

Remind me not to get into game development, I don't want to go bald.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Come on guys, they're game developers. If they were really good looking they'd be models. I'm sure everyone in this thread is handsome as hell.[/QUOTE]

Fabio should develop a game.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I know. It needs more shotguns and explosions.[/QUOTE]
It didn't show anything graphically interesting and was essentially just another puzzle game yet nothing to write home about
[quote name='m3talst0rm']I mean I don't know anything for sure but people were talking earlier about how most psn games were essentially ps3 games. I took that to mean if there was no bc there would be no bringing ps3 psn games to the ps4. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

*crossfingers*

Did the guy say 'cut thru the crap'? My stream lagged for a bit

Its getting weird that a lot of people in chat are caring more about what these presenters are looking like than whats being presented.

I stopped playing ps2 games when i got my ps3. BC wasn't even a big deal because i moved on. I even let my ps2 collect dust before i traded it in to Gamestop.

The BC is not going to be a big deal to me.

[quote name='spoo']move isn't going anywhere, that is a surprise to me.[/QUOTE]

+1

They must not want to accept that the Kinect > Move. Bad move

bread's done
Back