PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Sony's been non-specific about whether the Vita streaming will work over the internet or if it's a strictly inside-the-house-with-the-PS4 type deal... Either way it's a nice little selling point for me since I already have a Vita, but yeah, no one is going to be buying a Vita just for that.

Sony's been non-specific about whether the Vita streaming will work over the internet or if it's a strictly inside-the-house-with-the-PS4 type deal... Either way it's a nice little selling point for me since I already have a Vita, but yeah, no one is going to be buying a Vita just for that.
Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida Confirms that PS Vita Remote Play of PS4 Games Will Work Through the Internet

The more WV Matsui posts the more I think he's a shill. He posted that old Kinect tech demo video in several threads. He is trying to sell everyone on the Kinect. He posts articles like the one about Sony removing the camera in several threads with words like "wow" and "did you see this", it's looking less like fanboyism and really starting to come off as over the top marketing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida Confirms that PS Vita Remote Play of PS4 Games Will Work Through the Internet

The more WV Matsui posts the more I think he's a shill. He posted that old Kinect tech demo video in several threads. He is trying to sell everyone on the Kinect. He posts articles like the one about Sony removing the camera in several threads with words like "wow" and "did you see this", it's looking less like fanboyism and really starting to come off as over the top marketing.

You continue to troll me. That demo was not old and was very informative on what new Kinect can do.

I'm wondering if I should preorder an extra controller, I don't think there are any non-indie titles except Diablo III (which I will get for PS3) that has local co-op play.

I'm wondering if I should preorder an extra controller, I don't think there are any non-indie titles except Diablo III (which I will get for PS3) that has local co-op play.
I already have a second one preordered at GS but I was wondering about this as well. I needed multiple controllers right away for the PS3 because I bought one right after LBP came out and that was a big couch coop game for me and the kids. So I just sort of assumed I'd need another for PS4 when I was in GS preordering the system. But now I'm not so sure. What Indie games have local coop? Any launch window games (as opposed to actual launch titles)? Does Knack have local multiplayer?

I'm holding off on a controller for now.  I almost never do local co-op--just like to have a 2nd one around in case the batteries crap out mid game so I can just switch and not have to hassle with an extra long USB cable etc.  Wish they'd just go rechargeable AA like the 360/X1 as I have a bunch of Eneloope rechargeable AA's I can just pop in.

Since that's not a pressing need, I'll hold off and buy one in a sale down the road rather than paying full price at launch.

Can you really give me an idea of what the kinect can do that would be so amazing for gaming?
In Dead Rising 3, for example, the control is the primary input but the in-game zombies can “hear” the player talking or moving on the couch. Meanwhile, in Ryse: Son of Rome, the controller is still the primary input but soldiers can be ordered forward by performing the real world motion with your arm. In another game example, the character can lean to peek around a corner when the player does as well.
:I

PlayStation®4 Eye, a newly developed camera for PS4 incorporates two high-sensitive cameras that have wide-angle lenses with 85-degree diagonal angle views which can recognize the depth of space precisely. This enables PlayStation®4 Eye to cut out the image of the player from the background, or to grasp players’ position in front and behind, further broadening the ways to enjoy games. Incorporated four microphones are also capable of accurate sound detection and source origination. In addition, users will be able to login to their PS4 with face recognition and are capable of using their own body movements or voices to enjoy games more intuitively. Furthermore, PlayStation®4 Eye senses the color of DUALSHOCK®4′s light bar to judge the positions of multiple players, and set characters in the same positions or let a character talk to a particular player, enabling players to enjoy games in new way. PlayStation®4 Eye also supports PlayStation®Move motion controller. It detects the motion of PS Move more precisely, and reflects players’ in-game motion more accurately than ever.
:I

Exactly because the tech in 2.0 isn't that different right? :lol:
Yep, so glad to see you finally agree!

Dude, it's not going to be earth shattering... Are you really serious? So it has a few added features and may actually work this time. Big deal. It's not going to be the second-coming and I guarantee that there won't be anything that utilizes it that will impress the masses or wow us core gamers. It's neat tech that will be used right in a few games and shoehorned in to most others that feature it... Nothing more, nothing less.

Wish they'd just go rechargeable AA like the 360/X1 as I have a bunch of Eneloope rechargeable AA's I can just pop in.

Every time someone says this it amazes me... I hate dealing with batteries and get annoyed whenever I have to deal with them. Just make sure you plug your controller in whenever your done playing for the day.

I already have a second one preordered at GS but I was wondering about this as well. I needed multiple controllers right away for the PS3 because I bought one right after LBP came out and that was a big couch coop game for me and the kids. So I just sort of assumed I'd need another for PS4 when I was in GS preordering the system. But now I'm not so sure. What Indie games have local coop? Any launch window games (as opposed to actual launch titles)? Does Knack have local multiplayer?
As far as I know (don't quote me on this though), there are no non-indie titles that would have local co-op that we know of. Not launch games, not launch window games, not rumored games, nothing.

The only two indie titles that I know of that has local co-o are the 2D shooter (I forgot the name, it is like Scott Pilgrim meets the loot system of Borderlands), and a game called Motherload or something.

Yep, so glad to see you finally agree!

Dude, it's not going to be earth shattering... Are you really serious? So it has a few added features and may actually work this time. Big deal. It's not going to be the second-coming and I guarantee that there won't be anything that utilizes it that will impress the masses or wow us core gamers. It's neat tech that will be used right in a few games and shoehorned in to most others that feature it... Nothing more, nothing less.

Every time someone says this it amazes me... I hate dealing with batteries and get annoyed whenever I have to deal with them. Just make sure you plug your controller in whenever your done playing for the day.

Dude didn't say it was the best thing ever. Just trying to say it doesn't deserve all the shit you are shoveling its way.

Dude didn't say it was the best thing ever. Just trying to say it doesn't deserve all the shit you are shoveling its way.
You started it :p

But really, not trying to say that it's a giant motion tracking turd, just saying it really won't wind up being that different from the original and won't revolutionize anything - hence me thinking you shouldn't be forced to buy it.

But who am I kidding I'll probably pick up the Eye anyway... For the wife. *cough*

Does anyone think there's a chance that the PS4 will have optional installs for everything? That's one feature that's great on Xbox 360 that PS3 doesn't have.

EDIT: I realize my question was poorly worded. Many games will have mandatory small(ish) installs on PS4 (just like on PS3), I'd also like the ability to install the entire game to the hard drive to reduce wear on the Blu-ray drive.

What do you guys think about the bundled PS4 headset? Looks cheap and uncomfortable to me.
The PS4 system is expected to be compatible with PS3 headsets since the input is staying the same.

Xbone isn't going to be compatible so gamers will need to shell out cash for a whole new gaming headset or a converter if they ever make one.

The headset compatibility is another issue gamers need to factor in when debating what system to get.

I'm pretty sure Kinect as is deserves exactly all the shit that has been shoveled it's way. As far as 2.0? We've only seen it under VERY controlled and in some instances outright faked circumstances. Until we see it out there and in the real world with some valid and useful applications it's still completely worthy of being treated like shit.

I'm pretty sure Kinect as is deserves exactly all the shit that has been shoveled it's way. As far as 2.0? We've only seen it under VERY controlled and in some instances outright faked circumstances. Until we see it out there and in the real world with some valid and useful applications it's still completely worthy of being treated like shit.
in my eye kinect was better tech ps move ever was. all ps move was nothing more then ps version of the wiimote nothing more nothing less. I love when my kids ask if they can play thier kinect games it means thier butts are getting of the couch and moving around and yes it's video games but they are not sitting on thier butts playing video games. I think seeing kinect 2.0 comes with every xbox one we will see alot of great things for it seeing companys will spend money knowing everyone has one.

ps4 headset is AWFUL why do companys still keep making those garbage in the ear head sets they always seem to fall out and sound awful.

You started it :p

But really, not trying to say that it's a giant motion tracking turd, just saying it really won't wind up being that different from the original and won't revolutionize anything - hence me thinking you shouldn't be forced to buy it.

But who am I kidding I'll probably pick up the Eye anyway... For the wife. *cough*
i played with the kinect 2.0 at e3 and thier are some videos of it on youtube. The tech inside of kinect 2.0 is worlds ahead of the tech in first kinect it has a fully hd cam and can see people in dark with night vision. Now yes the demo i played was all controlled by ms and will not know what it really is like till people get it in their own hands.

So much camera talk, we all know they are both useless to core gamers.

I used my Kinect for about 30 minutes playing Skyrim just to shout Fus Ro Dah. Then it only has been used for Netflix to say "play next episode".

So much camera talk, we all know they are both useless to core gamers.

I used my Kinect for about 30 minutes playing Skyrim just to shout Fus Ro Dah. Then it only has been used for Netflix to say "play next episode".
i just hope seeing everyone will have kinect 2.0 companys wil lput time and money into doing great kinect stuff that thing is a chance to be great.

i just hope seeing everyone will have kinect 2.0 companys wil lput time and money into doing great kinect stuff that thing is a chance to be great.

I just folks could wait until the consoles actually come out...

It's funny how fickle people are. Sony sucked a few months ago now they are absolute Gods and everything MS ever put out was absolute shit. Core gamers, generally speaking. really are acting like a bunch of babies this time around. Oh my god lets jump on this bandwagon. Sony is the best thing ever they totally redeemed themselves..... By what? Allowing used games and being a fucking $100 cheaper? Haha that's hilarious if those are our standards to win the next generation of gaming. That's the part that pisses me off the most. I have both consoles and have preordered both for this holiday. I'm not going to pass complete judgement on either of them until well after launch. But everyone around her seems to be calling this one even before these puppies hit the shelves. The game has barely started folks. Plus we want competition we want two good systems. Not one superior system to rule them all. So chill out and get excited about what is coming out for whichever system you preordered. Sitting here and saying oh MS sucks all of their products are shit is completely not fair to a company that dominated Sony last generation. But all because of a few slides at E3 and a stumble 6 months pre release by MS makes the game over? Get real.

Give it some time. This will all last a long time. It's not over in one hour.

Flame away! :)

It's funny how fickle people are. Sony sucked a few months ago now they are absolute Gods and everything MS ever put out was absolute shit. Core gamers, generally speaking. really are acting like a bunch of babies this time around. Oh my god lets jump on this bandwagon. Sony is the best thing ever they totally redeemed themselves..... By what? Allowing used games and being a fucking $100 cheaper? Haha that's hilarious if those are our standards to win the next generation of gaming. That's the part that pisses me off the most. I have both consoles and have preordered both for this holiday. I'm not going to pass complete judgement on either of them until well after launch. But everyone around her seems to be calling this one even before these puppies hit the shelves. The game has barely started folks. Plus we want competition we want two good systems. Not one superior system to rule them all. So chill out and get excited about what is coming out for whichever system you preordered. Sitting here and saying oh MS sucks all of their products are shit is completely not fair to a company that dominated Sony last generation. But all because of a few slides at E3 and a stumble 6 months pre release by MS makes the game over? Get real.

1 year head start for Xbox 360 and Sony still outsold them so far. Enough said.

I think the real issue here is that you are mad that no one here is as excited for Kinect 2 as you are. Sorry dude that demo video you posted about the Kinect 2 tech demo video was very lame and boring.

The PS4 system is expected to be compatible with PS3 headsets since the input is staying the same.
Shu responded to this question this week on twitter and said that they are still not sure whether PS3 headsets will work. It's up in the air. I hope they do. Just got a Pulse Elite.

let's look at other sony products and prices and features if they knew all that info they would understand sony is FAR from being for the consumer. with ps4 being 400 bucks i highly doudt we see a price cut before xbox one. peple are saying oh people only would buy a 360 last gen becasue it was cheaper everyone knows ps3 was the best system in the world. People got a 360 because it had a better online service and other great features. I only have ps3 for sony only games heck only game i own for my ps3 right now is mlb the show 13.

1 year head start for Xbox 360 and Sony still outsold them so far. Enough said.
ms don't care about world sales lol ms owned sony in u.s which is the area ms cares mostly about.

I think the real issue here is that you are mad that no one here is as excited for Kinect 2 as you are. Sorry dude that demo video you posted about the Kinect 2 tech demo video was very lame and boring.
it was not met to be great entertainment it was to show what kinect 2.0 could do

Lets be honest, the only way Sony can truly dominate is if this movie comes with an exclusive game :lol:

http://www.slashfilm.com/sony-moving-forward-with-a-captain-planet-movie/

Who really fucking cares sells more? As long as you enjoy the system and the games it has, what does it really fucking matter?

Do you see a cut if more units of your preferred gaming system is sold? lol

Over the last few years though, i've seen a lot of people that swore by xbox switch over to PS3 when xbox stopped putting out good exclusives.

Do you see a cut if more units of your preferred gaming system is sold? lol

Over the last few years though, i've seen a lot of people that swore by xbox switch over to PS3 when xbox stopped putting out good exclusives.
Lol!

And yes, leading up to Kinect is when things started going south for MS... Well, for core gamers anyway. For a few years there it was KINECT KINECT KINECT halo KINECT KINECT gears KINECT KINECT. Exclusive are skewed extremely heavily in Sony's favor over the past 3 years(which is why I'm a staunch Sony supporter- it's all about the games).

But really, Xbox is fine... If it's your thing, more power to ya. I've been a Sony guy for 15 years so of course I'm on their side. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. :)

Oh, and I own and support (to an extent) all three. Just not sold on the One yet and I think I'll be staying away unless I decide I need Sunset Overdrive.

Can someone please name me these exclusives that are so amazing on PS3?

I have one. Uncharted was great and so is the Last of Us. But Xbox has had a lot of great ones as well. Halo, Gears of War etc. they each have great exclusives.

I have one. Uncharted was great and so is the Last of Us. But Xbox has had a lot of great ones as well. Halo, Gears of War etc. they each have great exclusives.
Xbox started with a lot of exclusives but over the last few years, they focused more on Kinect exclusives.

Honestly though, if you have no idea what exclusives Sony has that are great, i don't know what to tell you.

Lol!

And yes, leading up to Kinect is when things started going south for MS... Well, for core gamers anyway. For a few years there it was KINECT KINECT KINECT halo KINECT KINECT gears KINECT KINECT. Exclusive are skewed extremely heavily in Sony's favor over the past 3 years(which is why I'm a staunch Sony supporter- it's all about the games).

But really, Xbox is fine... If it's your thing, more power to ya. I've been a Sony guy for 15 years so of course I'm on their side. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. :)

I like competition as well. Have been gaming since the 80s and was strictly PS until the 360. After a few years of that picked up the PS3. I love competition and choice. That's why I want both to do well. I really think its in our best interest for both to do well.

Infamous? Killzone? How about GoW or Resistance? Smaller one-shots like Heavy Rain or Heavenly Sword... Then there's R&C. And I'm only tipping the iceberg.

Can someone please name me these exclusives that are so amazing on PS3?I have one. Uncharted was great and so is the Last of Us. But Xbox has had a lot of great ones as well. Halo, Gears of War etc. they each have great exclusives.
Sony had more exclusives, but MS had some big ones. I think some people are concerned that MS is relying too much on 3rd parties and timed exclusives on games and DLC. Sony has more studios and will have more actual exclusives, BUT will they be good? Time will tell.

Infamous? Killzone? How about GoW or Resistance? Smaller one-shots like Heavy Rain or Heavenly Sword... Then there's R&C. And I'm only tipping the iceberg.
infamous was great last good killzone was killzone one, gow was amazing game franchise till the recent one, resisteance was meh nothing special. the best r&c games happend on ps2 and heavy rain was good for most people but other people it was not for them seeing it was mostly button push to continue story. i think in the end of this gen 360 and ps3 both had must play 1st party games.

Sony had more exclusives, but MS had some big ones. I think some people are concerned that MS is relying too much on 3rd parties and timed exclusives on games and DLC. Sony has more studios and will have more actual exclusives, BUT will they be good? Time will tell.
titanfall will be a GIANT 3rd party game that is only on microsoft systems i don't think sony has one 3rd party ps4 only game.

Titanfall is on PC also but its just CoD with mechs.
i played it at e3 and can tell you it's FAR from cod with mechs if you want to compare it with a game i would say it plays alot like hawkin that free to play pc game but soo much better. plus i said ms systems and pc is ms lol

Its a multi player shooting game that has no single player campaign and made by people that left Infinity Ward.
i played it lol so you saying it's just cod with mechs is 100 percent false. just because it's made by people that made cod 4 (best fps game on this current gen) and mw2 don't mean it plays like cod.

Its a multi player shooting game that has no single player campaign and made by people that left Infinity Ward.

Be real man. You haven't played it. You can't pass that judgement. At least Timbo played it. It's just trolling to say that when you haven't played it.

No offense but I really don't value your opinion on how good or bad a game is.
lol that's because you don't want to admit what you just said is dumb and false. plus read people review on it from e3 almost no one says it plays like cod so you even look more dumb

You keeping using the word "trolling" but I don't think it means what you think it means.

Im really basing it off what ive seen and what ive read from others with their impressions on it that were at E3.

lol that's because you don't want to admit what you just said is dumb and false. plus read people review on it from e3 almost no one says it plays like cod so you even look more dumb
No, I honestly just really don't care for your opinion.

You keeping using the word "trolling" but I don't think it means what you think it means.

Im really basing it off what ive seen and what ive read from others with their impressions on it that were at E3.

All I have seen from Sony fans is OMG it better come to PS4 oh it will I bet it will. Nothing about it being COD with Mecs. It won all of those best at E3 accolades for a reason.

trust me i hate cod at this point and if titanfall played like cod i would not be saying it's a great game the little i played of it.

No, I honestly just really don't care for your opinion.
then put me on ignore

All I have seen from Sony fans is OMG it better come to PS4 oh it will I bet it will. Nothing about it being COD with Mecs. It won all of those best at E3 accolades for a reason.
lol thats the thing i never seen people say it played like cod even people i talked to at e3 said they were impressed with the game and happy it did not play like cod. but hey i guess i and those people at e3 don't know what a good game is.

i will admit kind of sad it's not on sony systems what i played it's a great fun game. these guys made the best fps game on this past gen in cod 4 and titanfall could be that on this gen.

They already said it could very well come to PS4. For me personally Destiny is much more interesting and seems like PS4 is getting some exclusive stuff for it.

bread's done
Back