PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Poor Xbone :rofl:

PS4_XboxOne_05a.gif

Wow I didn't get a chance to see the differences just yet but that is a much more noticeable difference than I had expected. Metal Gear is one of my favorite franchises if not the most and already has sold me on picking PS4 for next gen. I hope MGS V comes out this year.

Wow I didn't get a chance to see the differences just yet but that is a much more noticeable difference than I had expected. Metal Gear is one of my favorite franchises if not the most and already has sold me on picking PS4 for next gen. I hope MGS V comes out this year.
Sorry but not likely... We may not even see it till Christmas 2015. As Kojima has stated, PS4 is true next gen and gives him the freedom to do what he actually wants. He is developing for PS4 and then really toning it down for Xbox One.

no offense and no this has nothing to do with bashing of x1 just a user on this site stuff like this is why these threads get out of control.
Pot? Meet kettle.

Also what the hell would fox engine being built on last gen have anything to do with next gen performance? If anything it should run better than it does on xbone by the flawed logic.

The xbone is just not as powerful as ps4, even games built for it cant hit 1080p

Pot? Meet kettle.

Also what the hell would fox engine being built on last gen have anything to do with next gen performance? If anything it should run better than it does on xbone by the flawed logic.

The xbone is just not as powerful as ps4, even games built for it cant hit 1080p
not sure what anything i said ever showed i was saying xbox one is powerful as ps4.which clearly it's not never will be . Do i think most 3rd party games will run at those high specs some day on xbox one ? Of course they will even game devs say sooner or later they will after they work out how to program for it to use full power.

plus i said the engine was used on next gen of course it should run amazing well on next gen and still not use full power of ps4.

plus i said that to him because you got people that get bitchey on this site when shit gets out ofcontrol and we know certain people including him LOVE to bait fanboys on this website.

Last edited by a moderator:
you people just don't give rats *** about anyones opinion unless it goes along with your opinion is the main issue for most forums on this website.

if you guys agree with konomi company practice pretty much making you pay 100 buck for metal gear solid V that's your opinion. i really feel they should wait till the full game is done and give us metal gear solid v the full game for 60 bucks. What makes it even worse is the length of the game i really don't see no need for them to do what they are doing.

you people just don't give rats *** about anyones opinion unless it goes along with your opinion is the main issue for most forums on this website.

if you guys agree with konomi company practice pretty much making you pay 100 buck for metal gear solid V that's your opinion. i really feel they should wait till the full game is done and give us metal gear solid v the full game for 60 bucks.
Would you rather us start discussing politics so that we all turn on each other?

Would that make you feel better?

Would you rather us start discussing politics so that we all turn on each other?

Would that make you feel better?
no i would just like that people like me when we give opinions that don't go along with what people think get respected for that and not get bashed left and right. Also have people don't to say junk that knows will get a comment back from certain people.

no i would just like that people like me when we give opinions that don't go along with what people think get respected for that and not get bashed left and right. Also have people don't to say junk that knows will get a comment back from certain people.
Solution:

Make viable points on your opinions and back them up with evidence. 99% of your comments/opinions/claims get blown out of the water and disproven so much so that now you just get lambasted for everything you say.

so you want me to list out how mgs v being 100 bucks for full game on disc is not right thing to do?

i never knew saying opinions required a 100 page noval.

So you're mad that people don't agree with you and want people that agreed with you more?
wait what? never said that lol but i guess you would never understand because on this ps4 page you never get hated for most of what you say when it's just opinons.

like i said oh i think main metal gear solid v game will be out this fall and seeing it's opinion im required to give a link that says why it's possible.

Timbo is still here? Dang.

Anyways I didn't feel like reading through 10 pages when every other post is Timbo so forgive me if I missed it. What are the opinions on Thief for PS4? Yay or nay? Contemplating getting it Tuesday.

Maybe comments like this would make sense if I started smoking pot before attempting to read them...

Timbo is still here? Dang.

Anyways I didn't feel like reading through 10 pages when every other post is Timbo so forgive me if I missed it. What are the opinions on Thief for PS4? Yay or nay? Contemplating getting it Tuesday.
I'll be getting it but mainly because I'm getting restless waiting for infamous. Too long a wait between quality next-gen games at this point...

Maybe comments like this would make sense if I started smoking pot before attempting to read them...

I'll be getting it but mainly because I'm getting restless waiting for infamous. Too long a wait between quality next-gen games at this point...
Same reason Im considering Thief. There is just no next gen games at all but thats expected. Im just desperate for a PS4 retail game lol.

so your saying we get a two hour story of ground zero and have to wait a year and half for the full game? i would say fall 2014 former main game of mgs v
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-might-not-come-out-until-december-2015/1100-6417568/

This is why they are giving us a prologue. Phantom Pain is still not that far into development like most people believe. Could be close to two years before it comes out. This is info given to their investor and stockholders which is not something they mess around with.

I said this a couple times already but this prologue is for the fan who cannot wait for two years to get a piece of the next Metal Gear. If you still think this is outrageous than you should take your chance and wait for two years. Who knows by the time Phantom Pain does release, they just might bundle Ground Zeroes with it or give the DLC away as a free preorder bonus.

I sure as hell can't wait.  I'm playing Ground Zeroes Day 1 that is a guarantee.  Not too keen on playing it on PS4 though just yet.  Game is too short.

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="11545376" timestamp="1392951837"]you people just don't give rats *** about anyones opinion unless it goes along with your opinion is the main issue for most forums on this website.

if you guys agree with konomi company practice pretty much making you pay 100 buck for metal gear solid V that's your opinion. i really feel they should wait till the full game is done and give us metal gear solid v the full game for 60 bucks. What makes it even worse is the length of the game i really don't see no need for them to do what they are doing.[/quote]

I don't like it but how is it different than DLC or /ahem having to buy your Forza cars. This just happens BEFORE it comes out. And this is CA, so I expect most of us will wait for some sale or price drop.

On this positive side, at least you'll be able to trade in Ground Zeroes for like $20. I still think it's slightly less ridiculous than the $50 "season pass" and "on disk DLC" things that they've been doing for quite a while now.

probably because it is made by the people that made dead island :) I do give it credit it looks way better on last and this gen consoles so I am interested. 

Anyone know of a cheap remote for Netflix and amazon? Sick of switching to my ps3 just for that. Also anyone ever have to reboot the console to get sound working after switching from ps3? Just happened to me and had me worried

I know the reviews are bad, but how do you think Tiny Brains would fare strictly as a four-player couch co-op game? My friends and I loved the Splosion Man games and have been trying to find some sort of puzzle game that would be as entertaining.

I know the reviews are bad, but how do you think Tiny Brains would fare strictly as a four-player couch co-op game? My friends and I loved the Splosion Man games and have been trying to find some sort of puzzle game that would be as entertaining.
I played through the demo and it didn't seem quite so bad other than some control issues, but I have heard co-op is actually fun in this game.

Wish a PS4 would show up locally. I want one.
I think Sony's focus is on Japan. It was never easy to find a PS4 in my market but you only had to make a few calls or travel a few miles. Now it looks like everything in the entire state has dried up. There is nothing available online at MSRP anywhere (I challenge someone to find one that isn't a ridiculous bundle) but now stores have run out too.

I think Sony's focus is on Japan. It was never easy to find a PS4 in my market but you only had to make a few calls or travel a few miles. Now it looks like everything in the entire state has dried up. There is nothing available online at MSRP anywhere (I challenge someone to find one that isn't a ridiculous bundle) but now stores have run out too.
I bet they havent made a shipment to NA in the last couple of weeks, sent everything to Japan. Be interesting to see the #s at some time this week for the sales in japan. Guessing at least another million sold, with the gap on xbone to around 2 mil at this point, hopefully larger. I await for msft to shit the bed and drop either price or make a kinectless sku, or both.

Funny thing, I have seen a lot more PS4's in the wild here in the Denver area.  But the mountains of Xbox ones that are piling up are amazing.  I was at Costco and saw about 5 PS4's, they had a mountain of around 50 Xbox's.  Same with Best Buy.  I am seeing them but still low stock.

total inverse of Last Gen I remember when there were mountains of PS3's and you could barely find 360/wii's
No that's the point, 360 and Wii KILLED it last year. When you release a $600 machine and the competitor is priced at $400, your going to sell a ton more, that is honestly why 360 did better, a huge lead at the beginning. PS4 now has that lead and it keeps growing.

Outlast (along with Metro: Last Light on the PS3 side) is leaving PS+ on 3/4. Presumably that's when the next yet to be announced PS4 PS+ game hits. 

bread's done
Back