PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Question does it matter which power cable you use as long as it fits? I just reorganized my entertainment center and I can't tell the difference between my dvr cable and my ps4 cable. Also I am getting pissed off about how messy my entertainment center is. How good is the wifi for gaming? I'm literally 10 feet from the router line of sight.
If you are 10 ft then hardwire!

Way less latency. Plus you wont get interference from anything.

Power cable doesn't matter and if you are only 10ft away, why aren't you hard wiring, it's always better than wifi.
I am hardwiring right now I just get kinda pissed when everything isn't neat and tidy. I almost wanted to not even hook my dvr backup since I use my ps3 for all my video watching.

I know people were initially bitching that it was taking Sony so long to release the remaster of TLOU but I think they timed it perfectly with the announcment at SDCC that they are officially doing a movie with Sam Raimi directing and the rumor that Arya from GOT will play Ellie

I was bad and bought a PS Vita on Amazon today. Should ship in about a week. Apparently everyone is out of stock. After talking to Gamestop, they said it'd because Sony has lowered production so that they can produce more PS4s. Hopefully I don't regret the purchase!
Long as you don't expect big AAA "console quality" games on it, it's a fantastic system. Tons of cool little indies, jrpgs a massive library of old school stuff (granted most of that's on the PS3 as well, but it's so much better in bed or on the go)

I know people were initially bitching that it was taking Sony so long to release the remaster of TLOU but I think they timed it perfectly with the announcment at SDCC that they are officially doing a movie with Sam Raimi directing and the rumor that Arya from GOT will play Ellie
Uh I love Sam Raimi, but he might be a little too over the top for something that's supposed to be so serious.

Apparently they gave posters out to people at ComicCon.

[attachment=6883:image.jpg]

Also Bruce Campbell has been casted for the movie also but they haven't said who he will play.

Apparently they gave posters out to people at ComicCon.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Also Bruce Campbell has been casted for the movie also but they haven't said who he will play.
I could see him as Bill.

Finished Infamous SS the other day. Great game and the story/characters were a lot better than what reviewers let on, I wanted to Platinum it but I think I'll do the Evil play through in a couple of weeks after I get the game out of my mind.

Working my way through Killzone Shadow Fall's campaign at the moment. It certainly is a very gorgeous looking game and I like the environments.

Damn, my little nephew ruined my DS4. He was playing resogun and I guess his hands were greasy from eating something and now my thumbsticks are all slippery and shiny looking. I tried wiping them down with paper towels but its not working :(

Finished Infamous SS the other day. Great game and the story/characters were a lot better than what reviewers let on, I wanted to Platinum it but I think I'll do the Evil play through in a couple of weeks after I get the game out of my mind.

Working my way through Killzone Shadow Fall's campaign at the moment. It certainly is a very gorgeous looking game and I like the environments.
I still need to plat SS, Im going to get it done before First Light comes out.

I was thinking I'd wait until holiday 2015 for a PS4 but maybe this Black Friday will have a good enough deal.  I wonder if it will be 349.99 with Infamous SS free?  I would definitely consider that.

I was thinking I'd wait until holiday 2015 for a PS4 but maybe this Black Friday will have a good enough deal. I wonder if it will be 349.99 with Infamous SS free? I would definitely consider that.
Now way this hits $350. I can see a $400 Second Son with a 3 month plus bundle happening. Maybe throw in KZ as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, my little nephew ruined my DS4. He was playing resogun and I guess his hands were greasy from eating something and now my thumbsticks are all slippery and shiny looking. I tried wiping them down with paper towels but its not working :(

I still need to plat SS, Im going to get it done before First Light comes out.
Alcohol clean it?

You need to slap the shit out of your brother/sister for reproducing and bringing their greasy handed offspring over to ruin your stuff

Now way this hits $350. I can see a $400 Second Son and a 3 month plus bundle happening. Maybe throw in KZ as well.
I could see it happening or maybe a retailer gift card with the bundle. You could be right though. The thing to keep in mind is that the purpose of the bundles isn't so much to get more sales as it is to take sales from the competition. If Xbone had a bundle at $350 and PS4 had no bundle and was $400 then Xbone would sell several million in a day and PS4 would sell a couple hundred thousand. It would still have a lot of sales but they still have to compete.

$400 with 2 games seems okay and I'd like a PS4 but if it's full price and they're throwing in a couple of (then) $20 games, I'm no sure if that would do it for me. Maybe it would make sense to wait until 2015? I've been claiming the PS4 PS+ games and would like to try those too which is part of what's enticing about it. Aside from PSN games, I don't think there's anything exclusive for PS4 that is currently out and I want other than Infamous 3.

The big game coming this holiday I want is Dragon Age 3 which from the hype on hearing on podcasts sounds like it's going to be the "real deal" so to speak. It will look better on PS4 but it will be available on last gen stuff that I already own.

I could see it happening or maybe a retailer gift card with the bundle. You could be right though. The thing to keep in mind is that the purpose of the bundles isn't so much to get more sales as it is to take sales from the competition. If Xbone had a bundle at $350 and PS4 had no bundle and was $400 then Xbone would sell several million in a day and PS4 would sell a couple hundred thousand. It would still have a lot of sales but they still have to compete.

$400 with 2 games seems okay and I'd like a PS4 but if it's full price and they're throwing in a couple of (then) $20 games, I'm no sure if that would do it for me. Maybe it would make sense to wait until 2015? I've been claiming the PS4 PS+ games and would like to try those too which is part of what's enticing about it. Aside from PSN games, I don't think there's anything exclusive for PS4 that is currently out and I want other than Infamous 3.

The big game coming this holiday I want is Dragon Age 3 which from the hype on hearing on podcasts sounds like it's going to be the "real deal" so to speak. It will look better on PS4 but it will be available on last gen stuff that I already own.
Please tell me you're joking or grossly exaggerating.

Please tell me you're joking or grossly exaggerating.
The point is most customers will buy one or the other and price is all that matters on BF. You have to compete or you miss a considerable part of the annual sales. Regardless of how things sell the rest of the year, the holiday volumes are a whole different beast.

Xbox One has already had several gift card with purchase deals, free games and hell even free games with gift cards and PS4 STILL out sells it.

You will likely see a bundle, but no, its not going to be less than $400.

Anyone know what time (Eastern) PSN lets you download preordered games? Have Last of Us on preorder and I leave for work Tuesday morning at 9. Would be great if I could start the download before I leave and come back when it's finished.

Anyone know what time (Eastern) PSN lets you download preordered games? Have Last of Us on preorder and I leave for work Tuesday morning at 9. Would be great if I could start the download before I leave and come back when it's finished.
I have never done it, but hopefully this will lead you to the answer:

"To see how much time is left until pre-ordered content is available
Choose the [PlayStation Store] and press the X button.Search for the name of the game you pre-ordered. Once the name of the game appears, highlight it and press the X button.The product page will display a countdown timer that shows how much time is left until the release date. Note:The countdown timer only appears for titles added to the PlayStation Store after 4/30/14."

Most of the bigger releases become available to download at 12:01 a.m. EST on release day. I would be willing to bet this game would be available around that time as well.

Gamestop sells them too. Probably pay a little more but you get them immediately.
I just checked GS.com and they have the exact same ones I ordered off amazon. I put one on hold at my local store, I also have a $5 coupon so that makes it even better. Thanks for the heads up. :)

I bought them too after mine showed warning signs of tearing. They definitely help but at the same time your thumbs do occasionally slide off if you have the stick tilted all the way

I bought them too after mine showed warning signs of tearing. They definitely help but at the same time your thumbs do occasionally slide off if you have the stick tilted all the way
I played a few rounds of BF4 with them on and they're pretty serviceable, 100% better then the slippery mess it was before.

My copy of The Last of Us Remastered shipped from amazon. Can't wait to play it again. Might even try the multiplayer this time around.

I'm excited to finally play it for the first time.  Last generation I had a PS3, but it came out so late in the generation that I just went "Meh" despite the stellar reviews.  I'm ready now!  Gimme gimme! :D

A little warning but it start out very slow. It will eventually pick up but the first few hours were really boring for me.

My grade for TLoU PS3 version goes something like:

Story - 9.5
Graphics - 9.5
Gameplay - 8
MP - Didn't try
Overall - 9

To me throwing it into the list of absolute GOAT is a little much but I haven't seen a game slurped like this one since CoD:Modern Warfare.

I honestly think if they give the Last of Us on PS3 a perfect 10, and this is a better looking version that plays the same, well then it should be a perfect 10. only logical!
Not talking about the score. Which I dont have any problems with the review.

Just pointing out that the writer wrote a love letter basically.

Its the best PS3 game by far.

Gameplay wasn't the best, but nothing beats the tension of trying to craft a weapon with Infected heading towards you.

A verified Playstation Employee over at Reddit answered some brief questions on some features coming in the pipeline.

DLNA Support isn't coming until "early" 2015 with MP3/Video support coming by the Holiday season.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2ak26u/whatever_happened_to_that_dlnamp3_support_that/cixqqb1

The official Playstation App is getting a redesign which is supposed to make it "More functional and modern". No release date was announced.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2bwi9c/anyone_else_think_the_ps_app_needs_a_overhaul/cj9sfz1

Finally while this is expected entitlements for PS3 games won't carry over to PS Now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2ao7mu/playstationnow_ps4_open_beta_live_coming_731/cixr5z7

Its the best PS3 game by far.

Gameplay wasn't the best, but nothing beats the tension of trying to craft a weapon with Infected heading towards you.
See to me this seems ridiculous. Saying it's by far the best PS3 game but then in the next sentence saying the gameplay isn't real great, something does not compute there. Unless today we put no stock into gameplay anymore and its just all about story and atmosphere.

I'm not saying you can't think it's the best PS3 game, to each there own, I just find it interesting how much people adore the game when a lot of those same people admit that the actual act of playing the game isn't that great lol.

Well Uncharted 2 would be my next choice and that doesn't play too well IMO as a 3rd person shooter.

If we're going for gameplay, Heavenly Sword remains one of my favorites.

i honestly wouldn't trust any reviews nowadays, alot of them are being paid under the table. it is best to watch youtube walkthroughs, and decide for yourself. since a lot of youtubers streaming the latest games at times before the official release date, or embargo date .

i honestly wouldn't trust any reviews nowadays, alot of them are being paid under the table. it is best to watch youtube walkthroughs, and decide for yourself. since a lot of youtubers streaming the latest games at times before the official release date, or embargo date .
Battlefield 4 showed that a lot of You-tubers are getting bribed just like game reviewers.

Battlefield 4 showed that a lot of You-tubers are getting bribed just like game reviewers.
That's why I like Classic Game Room reviews, he gives his opinion on certain mechanics of the game, but doesn't offer up a score so you can judge for yourself if the game is for you or not.

bread's done
Back