PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Gotta love Sony's transparency compared to Microsoft's continued shadyness.  For instance announcing 10 millions consoles sold to customers not b.s. shipped to retailer numbers like Microsoft.  And then showing a bunch of games both exclusive and with exclusive content but after the fact clarifying which are exclusive and which are timed and not trying to pretend all were exclusive.  And people wonder why Sony is the preferred company of choice this generation.

Gotta love Sony's transparency compared to Microsoft's continued shadyness. For instance announcing 10 millions consoles sold to customers not b.s. shipped to retailer numbers like Microsoft. And then showing a bunch of games both exclusive and with exclusive content but after the fact clarifying which are exclusive and which are timed and not trying to pretend all were exclusive. And people wonder why Sony is the preferred company of choice this generation.
let's be honest most people (other then sony fanboys) that got ps4 at launch was still salty over ms always online junk. you act like sony is mr good guy and hey lets forget what they did in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wild looks sick!  Same with Aliennation!  Super excited for both!  and I am not usually a horror fan, but until dawn might get me to get my wife to play with me

Then there is gameshare.... Awesome, I could just leave my system on and have a friend play while I am gone!!!  That is so cool!

let's be honest most people (other then sony fanboys) that got ps4 at launch was still salty over ms always online junk. you act like sony is mr good guy and hey lets forget what they did in the past.
Well if we compare what each company has done.... MS is pretty bad! Yes they screwed the pouch on pricing with the PS3, but quickly went to turn that around and ended up outselling Xbox. Then there was the three lights of death, which yes they gave out a three year warranty, but when my 4th Xbox died due to the 3 rings, I was in year 4, no replacement for me.

MS has constantly said a game was exclusive and even went as far as saying it will NEVER come to PlayStation... then it did. Bioshock and Mass Effect come to mind...

Well if we compare what each company has done.... MS is pretty bad! Yes they screwed the pouch on pricing with the PS3, but quickly went to turn that around and ended up outselling Xbox. Then there was the three lights of death, which yes they gave out a three year warranty, but when my 4th Xbox died due to the 3 rings, I was in year 4, no replacement for me.

MS has constantly said a game was exclusive and even went as far as saying it will NEVER come to PlayStation... then it did. Bioshock and Mass Effect come to mind...
in the end ms can't control what 3rd party devs do with games. if you were ms would you say oh yeah this game will be out on other systems couple months after but plz buy our system to play the game early

Wild looks sick! Same with Aliennation! Super excited for both! and I am not usually a horror fan, but until dawn might get me to get my wife to play with me

Then there is gameshare.... Awesome, I could just leave my system on and have a friend play while I am gone!!! That is so cool!
I can't believe Wild is created by the creator of Rayman. I don't think Sony is hoping to make a ton of money on this title, and instead giving him freedom to do what he wants to make.

Where's the meltdowns over Hellblade being a timed exclusive? lol Shareplay looks fantastic, I cant wait to ge more info on that feature. Overall I thought both MS and Sony had strong showings.

Wild

Bloodborne

In space we brawl

P.T.

Tearaway

Until Dawn

rime

hellblade

hollow point

ethan carter 

the tomorrow children

Dayz

Volume

Alienation

and even more!!!!!  that was a pretty good array of games!  What surprises me most is Sony Bend, Sony Santa Monica and Quantum Dream have yet to announce the PS4 games they are working on!  Plus Naughty Dog has another game they are working on as well separate from uncharted!!! Excited for the future of my PS4 (And Timbo take notice, no comparisons to xbox or talking Xbox down).  I am simply excited for the games that I will have a chance to play!!!  :joystick:

Where's the meltdowns over Hellblade being a timed exclusive? lol Shareplay looks fantastic, I cant wait to ge more info on that feature. Overall I thought both MS and Sony had strong showings.
No meltdown, Sony told us exactly what it was timed.... not "Holiday 2015, no comment beyond that" bull crap

No meltdown, Sony told us exactly what it was timed.... not "Holiday 2015, no comment beyond that" bull crap
plus hellblade is a new IP. tomb raider just had the definitive, whatever you wanna call it, game released on ps4. so people who bought that, that only have a ps4, are probably asking wtf right now.

plus the comment the guy made "oh hey, well you still get temple of osiris" was dumb

Not sure why people think Microsoft had a good conference. All they showed was the same IP they showed at E3 with more gameplay and had the Tomb Raider b.s. even the indie sizzle reel was the same games, was really a snorefest imho. Sony showed what 20+ new IPs? I couldn't even keep track of them all, really excited for the PS4s future.

Wild

Bloodborne

In space we brawl

P.T.

Tearaway

Until Dawn

rime

hellblade

hollow point

ethan carter

the tomorrow children

Dayz

Volume

Alienation

and even more!!!!! that was a pretty good array of games! What surprises me most is Sony Bend, Sony Santa Monica and Quantum Dream have yet to announce the PS4 games they are working on! Plus Naughty Dog has another game they are working on as well separate from uncharted!!! Excited for the future of my PS4 (And Timbo take notice, no comparisons to xbox or talking Xbox down). I am simply excited for the games that I will have a chance to play!!! :joystick:
cool and never bashed you for being excited about games you have chance to play. I choose to own every system so i miss out on no games. it sucked not having ps4 until june and missed out on some games i wanted to play at launch. i'm happy i have all 3 major systems now.

plus hellblade is a new IP. tomb raider just had the definitive, whatever you wanna call it, game released on ps4. so people who bought that, that only have a ps4, are probably asking wtf right now
To be fair, in this day and age you cannot expect loyalty. Third party developers/publishers will do what's best for their bottom line. They are in the business of making money, games just happen to be the vehicle by which they to do so.

Not sure why people think Microsoft had a good conference. All they showed was the same IP they showed at E3 with more gameplay and had the Tomb Raider b.s. even the indie sizzle reel was the same games, was really a snorefest imho. Sony showed what 20+ new IPs? I couldn't even keep track of them all, really excited for the PS4s future.
Why do you care what other people think?

For the record, MS showed gameplay footage of QB, HMCC, Halo 5, Screamride, announced USB and DLNA support (MKV and NTFS), plus a bunch of other features and lastly RTR holiday exclusive.

Sony had a stronger showing by a mile. IMO it was a better showing than E3.

Why do you care what other people think?

For the record, MS showed gameplay footage of QB, HMCC, Halo 5, Screamride, announced USB and DLNA support (MKV and NTFS), plus a bunch of other features and lastly RTR holiday exclusive.

Sony had a stronger showing by a mile. IMO it was a better showing than E3.
he don't know what the word opinion means if it's not pro sony

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/rise-of-the-tomb-raider#fbid=yROXeUBpyKs its for 360.

with how they worded it "exclusive for holiday 2015", im reading that as in 2016, itll be a ps4/pc game.

waste of money, but MS love wasting money on this type of shit.
Meh. I knew it. This is going to be like Titanfall which in the end was slightly different but not significantly unique enough.

I take back what I said and would downgrade Tomb Raider from being much of a system seller if at all now. They're just going to recycle the TR assets they had since everything was made for current gen as the baseline. I agree that this will end up being a waste of money.

Microsoft have been dirtbags well before they entered the console space, they just brought that sleaze to the gaming industry when they introduced the Xbox. The 360 was a joke of a cash grab, they introduced charging for online, charged heavy for every little peripheral, the wifi adapter, the bigger hard drive, proprietary memory cards, hddvd addon, etc. Then they tried to cover up the RROD fiasco until it was so big they had to introduce a 3 year warranty to avoid a class action lawsuit. In 2009 they shifted from gamers to casuals and hiked up the cost of gold without introducing any more value as if there was any to begin with. And then we have the whole Xbox One debacle which was not just some small thing they fixed because of consumer demand/outcry, they fixed it because no one was buying the crap they were trying to sell. I like how you Microsoft fanboys try to compare this to Sony making arrogant PR statements, removing rumble, and selling a $800 machine for $600, you clearly have no clue or just started gaming a couple years ago.

Fanboy arguments always suck.

With that said, only reason to get a PS4 for me is The Order and Uncharted 4.  Outside of that, it will be no different from when I had my PS3:
Fksk3G3.jpg

Microsoft have been dirtbags well before they entered the console space, they just brought that sleaze to the gaming industry when they introduced the Xbox. The 360 was a joke of a cash grab, they introduced charging for online, charged heavy for every little peripheral, the wifi adapter, the bigger hard drive, proprietary memory cards, hddvd addon, etc. Then they tried to cover up the RROD fiasco until it was so big they had to introduce a 3 year warranty to avoid a class action lawsuit. In 2009 they shifted from gamers to casuals and hiked up the cost of gold without introducing any more value as if there was any to begin with. And then we have the whole Xbox One debacle which was not just some small thing they fixed because of consumer demand/outcry, they fixed it because no one was buying the crap they were trying to sell. I like how you Microsoft fanboys try to compare this to Sony making arrogant PR statements, removing rumble, and selling a $800 machine for $600, you clearly have no clue or just started gaming a couple years ago.
image-2-next-gen-note-to-fanboys.jpg

i have been gaming since 90's. dude don't be a huge hater. i owned ps systems since launch of ps1 so don't tell me im a sony hater. i enjoy xbox over sony for couple reasons. I feel online service is better on live and has been since it was launched in 2003. I also have more friends that play on xbox systems then ps systems. i enjoy ms system only games more then ps games seeing they are shooters and i enjoy shooter games.

With that said i have always owned every gaming system out becasue each system has games i want to play. You sir just keep brushing what sony has done in past under a rug. How about the annoying attitude they had at launch of ps3 and psn being hacked and psn benig down for a month. How about the yellow light of death that was never addressed and stil happens on slim ps3. Sony just like ms is in it for your money they could give rats butt how you feel only if you get their money.

10 million consoles sold is damn impressive, doubling up on the XBone, congrats Sony! Missed most of the conference but I'll watch the trailers tonight. Also, shareplay sounds like it could be a megaton!

Edit:

Im aslo happy that TR is indeed timed :bouncy:

Reading more, Tomb Raider will be last gen as well, so 360 will be getting it.... now I think we can all relax witht eh timed exclusive on a cross gen game  =P~

How about the annoying attitude they had at launch of ps3 and psn being hacked and psn benig down for a month. How about the yellow light of death that was never addressed and stil happens on slim ps3. Sony just like ms is in it for your money they could give rats butt how you feel only if you get their money.
I mentioned Sony's arrogance (annoying attitude) and Sony gave customers more than enough gifts for the network hack that turned out didn't compromise anyones personal information as all the stolen information was encrypted. Sony didn't have to give away retail games for the hack debacle, they didn't have to bow in shame and apologise for it, but they did and they are a better company for it. Also when they announced the PS4 last January, they just gave PS+ members a $10 PSN credit just because and they also included a $10 PSN credit with the PS4, when has Microsoft ever done anything like this? Sure Sony is in business to make money, but they have much better tact about doing it than the douchebags in Redmond.

With that said i have always owned every gaming system out becasue each system has games i want to play. You sir just keep brushing what sony has done in past under a rug. How about the annoying attitude they had at launch of ps3 and psn being hacked and psn benig down for a month. How about the yellow light of death that was never addressed and stil happens on slim ps3. Sony just like ms is in it for your money they could give rats butt how you feel only if you get their money.
I have had a PS slim since its launch and not had an issue... had 4 xbox replacements. The number of affected PS3's was only .00001 comparing it to the failure rate of the Xbox 360... (not exact numbers, just trying to show a point)

Fanboy arguments always suck.

With that said, only reason to get a PS4 for me is The Order and Uncharted 4. Outside of that, it will be no different from when I had my PS3:
Fksk3G3.jpg
Funny enough if I didn't keep a clean house this would be my Elite 360 especially since Microsoft lost their way back in 2009. Not sure how anyones PS3 would look like this with PS+ and all the exclusive content released the last several years, but to each their own I suppose.

i still have a 60gb phat playstation i bought in 2009 with probably 10K hours on game/netflix time on it and ive had no problems.

also, believe it or not, but my ps3 gets dusty when i use it! holy shit, crazy right? something sitting there stationary, while on or not, gets dust. crazy concept i know.

Originally bought a PS3 for MGS4 alone.  Ended up only playing it for exclusive games.  PS+ was a waste of money and obviously a trial run to see if PS owners were willing to pay a monthly/yearly subscription for gaming.  And that's what people got with the PS4.

More of my friends play Xbox as well so that's always the deciding factor.

Timbo acting like hes all of sudden all about the games. They way he talks about Nintendo/Sony  compared to Microsoft is like night and fucking day.

Also Lol @ at a damn near 4 year trial run. Keep telling yourself that.

also, believe it or not, but my ps3 gets dusty when i use it! holy shit, crazy right? something sitting there stationary, while on or not, gets dust. crazy concept i know.
Yep, my ps3 and ps4 are dust magnets. All black electronics are, but letting it accumulate like that is fucking disgusting and I dont want to imagine what the rest of that persons house looks like.

The failure rates between the RROD and YLOD aren't close.
I laugh when people compare them.... MS crapped the bed on that and one has to wonder how they were manufactured without knowing. With the small number of YLOD that can be attributed to usual new products. RROD was a design flaw that should have been found before hand

bread's done
Back